Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
I’m getting this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I actually want the lil Mainframe looking guy more than the Ark itself lol.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Oh, and Galvatron, but we’ve already seen a lot of him.

https://twitter.com/daim_choc/status/1379844452945121281

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
So the Ark seems to become The Last Autobot?

And is this the first physical representation of Teletraan 1?

I hope Galvatron's treads can fold away a bit better in robot mode, but he looks great, except maybe his little hooves.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
And Scorpinok! Yay!

only Inferno and Rhinox are left out from season 1 figures in Kingdom. Oh well. The Generations Rhinox is good, but I wish Inferno got some love. For the colony!

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Oh and am I crazy or could anyone else see the Ark retooled into Tidal Wave? Look at his head and his, just... other stuff. Little guns.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Not a huge fan of the boosters facing forward in robot mode but looks cool otherwise.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Oh and am I crazy or could anyone else see the Ark retooled into Tidal Wave? Look at his head and his, just... other stuff. Little guns.

Okay now THAT I would buy!

Edit: retool that bitch into Animated Omega.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

And Scorpinok! Yay!

only Inferno and Rhinox are left out from season 1 figures in Kingdom. Oh well. The Generations Rhinox is good, but I wish Inferno got some love. For the colony!

Rhinox is coming, I believe leaks have indicated. The only S1 BW characters being left out are Inferno and Tarantulas.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Awww how did I forget Tarantulas? Boo.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

I suspect they will be along next year. Two Infernos in one line could be seen as confusing.

Also the Kingdom Inferno slander can stop because that figure is fantastic.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Holy cow, that's out of no where for me. A total buy as soon as it pops on sites.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

The_Doctor posted:

Oh, and Galvatron, but we’ve already seen a lot of him.

https://twitter.com/daim_choc/status/1379844452945121281

I do like it, though personally the treads on Galvs' upper arms annoy me aesthetically

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I'm not a fan of the big open knee joints in ark mode, but otherwise that figure looks great. L'il Teletraan-1 is very out of left field and very awesome.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Any guess at what The Ark might go for? I'm very tempted.

E: Tiny Prime is tiny.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Titan class toys are about USD $160 currently

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lodin posted:

Any guess at what The Ark might go for? I'm very tempted.

E: Tiny Prime is tiny.

I've picked gobbets of beef jerky out of my teeth bigger'n that.

e: same color, too

Phy fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Apr 7, 2021

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
The little dude turning into Teletraan 1 is adorable

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

The Last Call posted:

Holy cow, that's out of no where for me. A total buy as soon as it pops on sites.

The knees on the Ark mode are annoying, but... yes, same.

Also:

Tighclops posted:

Do TransTech, cowards

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Tighclops posted:

Do TransTech, cowards

So... like...not quite...but

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Deceptive Thinker posted:

If we think back to this twelve months from now when they announce the TransTech multiversal anomaly Commander 2022 product I am going to be so, so, so glaring at you through the interwebs

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Others would agree with that sentiment. Me as well. I will buy Ark and a Tidal Wave repaint.

https://twitter.com/HalleyHanna/status/1379858953488719877?s=20

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Hah, I just realised the Teletraan-1 head is Mainframe.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Honestly the Ark seems kinda bad. The robot mode is kinda dorky, and then the spaceship mode has exposed knees (how's that gonna look when it's buried in a mountain?) and it seems like a weird choice to dot it with turrets all over the place when the original Ark was decidedly less armed, from back when there was a theme of the Autobots still being more civilians and not fully militarized. Might've liked that rear tower painted.

I love the Teletraan One guy though. I hope the satellite transforms into something as well.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Knormal posted:

I'm not a fan of the big open knee joints in ark mode, but otherwise that figure looks great. L'il Teletraan-1 is very out of left field and very awesome.

There will definitely be some kind of third party filler add-on, I'm sure.

Will buy in hopes of encouraging a Nemesis. Also because I like big bots and I cannot lie.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

obvious pretool
Tidal Wave needs to be purple and not green.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Spiderdrake posted:

If we think back to this twelve months from now when they announce the TransTech multiversal anomaly Commander 2022 product I am going to be so, so, so glaring at you through the interwebs
Rumors for the next series are some kind of timeline or multiverse collapse bringing random characters from all over the various lines together, which sounds vaguely TransTechish.

Keldroc posted:

There will definitely be some kind of third party filler add-on, I'm sure.
Normally I'd think so, but that would be a huge add-on, way bigger than the little gap fillers they normally make. I'm not sure if it's within their capabilities.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Deceptive Thinker posted:

I'm intrigued for sure. When I say "Do TransTech" I'm not really making any sense because aside from the draxhall jump concept art and those early protos I'm not even sure what the premise behind the line was supposed to be, aside from bringing G1 and BW characters together.

"multiverse collapse" sounds like a great thing to kill off my remaining shelf space and call it a hobby for awhile though! Normally I'd be pickier about my choices but everything's been excellent for so long I'm just out of places to put robots now.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Tighclops posted:

I'm not even sure what the premise behind the line was supposed to be, aside from bringing G1 and BW characters together.

That's what kingdom is though

Edit: my above comment was obviously not about kingdom

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Knormal posted:

Rumors for the next series are some kind of timeline or multiverse collapse bringing random characters from all over the various lines together, which sounds vaguely TransTechish.

Normally I'd think so, but that would be a huge add-on, way bigger than the little gap fillers they normally make. I'm not sure if it's within their capabilities.

Dude there is a full extra set of scorpion legs for Titan Scorponok and new hands and feet for Metroplex. I promise fillers for those gaps are small potatoes for modern third party work.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
All in for the Ark!

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Keldroc posted:

Dude there is a full extra set of scorpion legs for Titan Scorponok and new hands and feet for Metroplex. I promise fillers for those gaps are small potatoes for modern third party work.
Huh, I didn't realize there were already Titan sets. I'll go ahead and get my hopes up then.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The Skorponok sets are dropping this month. I ended up canceling my preorders since all I really want is a rifle but they do look very cool.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Nodosaur posted:

Tidal Wave needs to be purple and not green.

Purple toon Tidal Wave is boring compared to his toy colors

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Knormal posted:

Huh, I didn't realize there were already Titan sets. I'll go ahead and get my hopes up then.

Yup. Got the sword and rifle for Fort Max that way, as well as a DNA set that makes Predaking much less of an eyesore.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

The_Doctor posted:

Hah, I just realised the Teletraan-1 head is Mainframe.

The chest is also evocative of the original action master toy I have lying around.

The Ark really should be die cast construction.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Darth TNT posted:

The chest is also evocative of the original action master toy I have lying around.

The entire thing is going to be die cast actually, and it'll cost 500 dollars.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Darth TNT posted:

It's a lost art.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Burkion posted:

The entire thing is going to be die cast actually, and it'll cost 500 dollars.

In for one at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

That makes no sense to me at all.

https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/severancemdr.gif

Knormal posted:

I got a couple of Fort Max sets, new hands (full articulation), hip guns, new hip springs, replacement crotch, sandals for his feet, and new guns.

Cerebros got new legs too.

Cost more than the original toy did.

He looks GREAT though!