Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

nwin posted:

drat, season 6 of Justified is knocking it out of the park for me. We’re halfway through and it seems so much better than S4 and S5. I’m hoping it continues till the end. I think it’s the first season I actually want to watch more than an episode per night-where some of the earlier seasons felt like a slog to get through.

loving Dicky Bennet though-I can’t stand that character and I was a little pissed to see they brought him back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

nwin posted:

I’m hoping it continues till the end.
Good news!

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

I kinda minded him in the earlier seasons but later on with his loving weird mullet haircut in prison and now being in the wheelchair-it’s like he’s over-acting and I just find it annoying. Kind of like when Boyd takes 5 minutes to say something that would take someone else ten seconds.

sad question
May 30, 2020

Dickie's an rear end in a top hat but I found his exaggerated theatricality pretty funny. What is terrible is when he spits and it's like a shotgun blast.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hard to top Dewey Crow.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

See, I threw the bullet at him and then I said "The next one's coming a hell of a lot faster"

"That's about the coolest thing I ever heard."

is all I remember about Justified. I really should rewatch it someday, I never did get around to the final season.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Cactus posted:

See, I threw the bullet at him and then I said "The next one's coming a hell of a lot faster"

"That's about the coolest thing I ever heard."

is all I remember about Justified. I really should rewatch it someday, I never did get around to the final season.

This one always makes me laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fE8I2vLE_0o

What a great show.

"We dug coal together." Fantastic.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
God drat it I don't have time to rewatch Justified. :mad:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

withak posted:

Like hell you don't.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

withak posted:

You have a job right? Bam at least 8 hours of watch time a day

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Since it's already been over a year and a half since it first came out I figured it's time for a rewatch of The Righteous Gemstones. Still very good.

Gonna give some ups to Made For Love from the last page. Still feels like it's in the world-building phase, though.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
After finishing Longmire, I've started rewatching Stranger Things, as my partner hasn't seen it before. Hopefully season four comes out before too long... (Hopefully they also give it a good ending in the next season or two, rather than renewing the series to the point where it outstays its welcome and/or gets cancelled without a proper finale)

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

Fartington Butts posted:

Since it's already been over a year and a half since it first came out I figured it's time for a rewatch of The Righteous Gemstones. Still very good.

Gonna give some ups to Made For Love from the last page. Still feels like it's in the world-building phase, though.

Yup. Righteous Gemstones was great.

I'm currently working on a few things. Started Doom Patrol. Watching the last season of Last Chance U....which go figure....is very good. Also rewatching Bajillion Dollar Properties. Man do I miss this show. Shame that Seeso went belly up and they weren't able to continue it somewhere else. So drat funny.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Where do you watch Bajillion Dollar Properties now that Seeso is gone? I think I heard there was a channel for it on Pluto or something but haven't seen it anywhere else.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.

Major Isoor posted:

Stranger Things(Hopefully they also give it a good ending in the next season or two, rather than renewing the series to the point where it outstays its welcome and/or gets cancelled without a proper finale)

This was already the case with S2

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
I liked season 3 of Stranger Things despite not liking the second that much, and there will be enough time in between seasons (rumor is season 4 will be Spring 2022, so around 3 years) that I am actually kind of looking forward to it.

So I guess I’m not off the Stranger Things bus yet.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
Shouldn't they be at college by now.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Collateral posted:

Shouldn't they be at college by now.

It’s selling point was that naive ‘Goonies’ energy from the first season, I’m not sure I want to see them get tattoos and lose their virginity.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Torquemada posted:

It’s selling point was that naive ‘Goonies’ energy from the first season, I’m not sure I want to see them get tattoos and lose their virginity.

Yeah, I still think they missed an opportunity to have every season of Stranger Things be self contained and maybe dig into different time periods.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Season 4 of Stranger Things will be like El Chavo with all those huge adults they are now dressed as small children

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I saw some rumors of a time skip.

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

It's all a matter of perspective...
Grimey Drawer
“We’re in the upside down now”

“...Keg Stand!”

Cue frat party montage with Will still being a mopey poo poo in the corner

Tequila25
May 12, 2001
Ask me about tapioca.
I've been watching Mr. Robot and realized it was an update and extension of Fight Club. I'm sure it's already been written about extensively, but I'm only about halfway through it and would like to avoid spoilers. I'm loving it so far, though every time they say "owned" I wince a bit.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

So, Super Store is pretty damned funny. Don't know how funny it would be to someone that didn't work almost a decade in retail, but it's been a pleasant surprise!

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Solice Kirsk posted:

Yeah, I still think they missed an opportunity to have every season of Stranger Things be self contained and maybe dig into different time periods.

Yeah, I agree on this one. I think they could've done a lot more than what they're doing, if they focused each season on a different group+time period. Ah well, I'm still enjoying it as-is - but I really think it should end after season 4, or at least shift the show's focus somewhat, so it's not the same kids/adults and place.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Tequila25 posted:

I've been watching Mr. Robot and realized it was an update and extension of Fight Club. I'm sure it's already been written about extensively, but I'm only about halfway through it and would like to avoid spoilers. I'm loving it so far, though every time they say "owned" I wince a bit.
I'm not so sure of that having finished it

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Major Isoor posted:

Yeah, I agree on this one. I think they could've done a lot more than what they're doing, if they focused each season on a different group+time period. Ah well, I'm still enjoying it as-is - but I really think it should end after season 4, or at least shift the show's focus somewhat, so it's not the same kids/adults and place.

They can't. The internet is disturbingly obsessed with Millie Bobbie Brown so any shift in focus would provoke the insane fan hive mind. Mo sane actress would take a role on a retooled ST just from inevitable death threats she'd receive.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
Yeah she would be a bad fit for Discovery, also it sucks lust bum and would tank her career.

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

It's all a matter of perspective...
Grimey Drawer
Another trip report from Acorn network dramas: Love my Way was apparently the poo poo in mid-2000's Australian TV, at least judging by all the awards and nominations it got. It has some heavy stuff in it, and pretty much all the characters have deep flaws that make them at times super frustrating but usually interesting. The show was refreshing in that it felt like a continuous story and not episodic (ie. it wasn't every episode Character A has problem X that Character B helps them solve by the end of the episode). Anyway, maybe worth a look if you want a drama with some crazy family dynamics. It's hard to summarize what it's about so you just have to go along for the ride.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
The "Clue" episode of Pysch played last night and it pretty much solidified the show as a new favorite for me. It will definitely go into the rotation of shows that get put on for background noise/casual watching like a bunch of various sitcoms.

I really love when Shawn does the finger to the head with just Gus or his dad around and they immediately call him out on it. Also love that they really just leaned into slightly wackier hijinks as the seasons have progressed without getting bogged down with traditional procedural stuff. And Gus always going after the crazy women at the most inopportune times always kills me.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
it's my favorite show of all time :blush:

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

TMMadman posted:

And Gus always going after the crazy women at the most inopportune times always kills me.

Ayy girl you hear about Pluto?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Brock Samson posted:

Ayy girl you hear about Pluto?

When he said "I can cure her" about Vivian/Frank while pretending to be an ordely in the mental institution had me rolling.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Watching Quantum Leap on the NBC and I have so many questions

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Like when he leaps into a lady, what's goin on down there?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Maybe the next leap will be your leap home!

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
We finished the first season of Search Party and started the second. I absolutely love the way the season ended and I'm glad we have so many more episodes in front of us.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Party time.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Anime has been trying to answer this for decades

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prairie Bus
Sep 22, 2006

Trig Discipline posted:

We finished the first season of Search Party and started the second. I absolutely love the way the season ended and I'm glad we have so many more episodes in front of us.

The second season is a lot more intense. I watched it during the height of lockdown and had to stop because I was getting actual anxiety. Still an incredibly funny show.