Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

yoloer420 posted:

... How do you do that? Do those guys even have NPCs to shoot at?

(he doesn't know)

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

tell me you're an [x] without telling me you're an [x]

show me yalls equivalent of this, subtle, but people who do it would know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
Bought like 20 spare ships (well, frigates :v:) for the big 1dq defense.

I am now poor, so if nothing happens I'll be pissed.

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair
Just a reminder with the ADM fleets spinning back up if you are in Karmafleet and need a Myrmidon I still have like 40 of them ready to hand out in the Palace.

Zaradis
Nov 6, 2014

Xarn posted:

We will win because of you and take back all sov in the game. Good job.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

Xarn posted:

Oh is it happening?

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Collateral posted:

Oh is it happening?

the tea-leaves and assorted mutterings and whisperings are that once the last keepstar outside of the 1DQ constellation goes down, they'll make their big push so any day now

Warrior Princess
Sep 29, 2014

What?

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

the tea-leaves and assorted mutterings and whisperings are that once the last keepstar outside of the 1DQ constellation goes down, they'll make their big push so any day now

1dq by christmas

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER
I had a Rusky friend reach out and talk to me about it. Seems the entire galaxy is waiting for something.

I wonder if that something is probably going to be them picking a bizarre time to make a ~big push~ somewhere else and then 180 and try to flood 1DQ with nerds while our people are out in the field.

They do have multiple keeps in jump range of 1dq now don't they? I wonder how many bridging titans are sitting idle in those keeps waiting...

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

In fact, the more I think about it the more I'm entirely certain they will make a push for 1DQ when we still have at least 1 other standing keepstar in jump range.

Probably while feigning a retreat/extraction at some time when the 1DQ cyno jammer is offline.

E: yeah I'd bet now that's how they do it. The tell would probably be some late-into the timer/event/fight ping for an interceptor or other small fleet that would come play grab rear end in 1DQ for a couple minutes before going and touching the jammer before it cycles, and then surprise their extraction was into 1DQ. It's It's only way to pack more nerds into that system before the server literally dies in a fire, and after M2- that probably their chief concern.

And yes I am really loving high rn.

Baculus fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Apr 7, 2021

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Or, they just never attack and live with a permanent insurgency. Is content for both sides you see.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Papi can't pull a large defensive Goon fleet from 1DQ because they've been slow and methodical enough to give us many months to consolidate anything worth defending inside 1DQ. Imho their optimal move in this situation is permacamp and never siege 1DQ until the heat death of Tranquility server.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

Papi can't pull a large defensive Goon fleet from 1DQ because they've been slow and methodical enough to give us many months to consolidate anything worth defending inside 1DQ. Imho their optimal move in this situation is permacamp and never siege 1DQ until the heat death of Tranquility server.

I'm hoping that once our forces are done burning legacy space that they'll go start burning phorde space next.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

I'm hoping that once our forces are done burning legacy space that they'll go start burning phorde space next.

Stop leaking our secret planning meetings to SA, please and thanks :sun:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

I dont believe papi will risk another titan fight without some kind of advantage

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Hexel posted:

I dont believe papi will risk another titan fight without some kind of advantage

So never then?

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

Hexel posted:

This is the answer. It'll never happen.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Is there any idea why CCP are making things like capitals so mega-stupid expensive? Like, do they just not want that part of the game to be used?
Even Battleshits are getting prohibitively expensive for most line-poors. Coupled with the all-around nerfs to most income generation activities it seems bizarre.
Like, I know "Buy plex" is an answer that I'll likely get, but unless they start selling ship hulls directly for plex, even this wont work as the market is already falling out of the bottom of plex.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

The last time PissPi went for anything in the 1DQ constellation I got on the killmails for seven carriers, three faxes and a supercarrier, so I wait for the next try

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
the problem is that even if they shove all of their titans and supers into 1DQ1 before all the goons log on, we don't have to do as much, or really anything, to get into the system. at 10% tidi even the hour it is going to take to log in is still nowhere near the amount of time it will take the ref either the ihub or the fort next to it. And lol if they think it is going to be anything other than 10% tidi the moment anyone thinks anything is happening.

Plus if there is a fighter swarm doing space superiority on the thetastar grid then most of the subcaps can sit on the T5ZI gate preventing any reinforcements from getting in or allowing them to extract.

They have to be willing to lose a truly exorbitant number of ships. I'm betting they're going to continue their "siege" and hope that we give up and leave due to lack of krabbing space, despite that not being how the game works at all.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Stereotype posted:

the problem is that even if they shove all of their titans and supers into 1DQ1 before all the goons log on, we don't have to do as much, or really anything, to get into the system. at 10% tidi even the hour it is going to take to log in is still nowhere near the amount of time it will take the ref either the ihub or the fort next to it. And lol if they think it is going to be anything other than 10% tidi the moment anyone thinks anything is happening.

Plus if there is a fighter swarm doing space superiority on the thetastar grid then most of the subcaps can sit on the T5ZI gate preventing any reinforcements from getting in or allowing them to extract.

They have to be willing to lose a truly exorbitant number of ships. I'm betting they're going to continue their "siege" and hope that we give up and leave due to lack of krabbing space, despite that not being how the game works at all.

the main reason they're still here is that ccp has turbofucked eve so hard there's nothing else to do. like they can go home to do...what? even if their home hadn't been torched, what would they do back at home?

Warrior Princess
Sep 29, 2014

What?

Baculus posted:

I had a Rusky friend reach out and talk to me about it. Seems the entire galaxy is waiting for something.

I wonder if that something is probably going to be them picking a bizarre time to make a ~big push~ somewhere else and then 180 and try to flood 1DQ with nerds while our people are out in the field.

They do have multiple keeps in jump range of 1dq now don't they? I wonder how many bridging titans are sitting idle in those keeps waiting...

Let me tell you why this is a strategy that accomplishes nothing:

timers. they can surprise ref anything in 1dq whenever. It means nothing. It then starts a countdown visible to the entire world and more importantly a sweaty pile of fat angry bees.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Spiteski posted:

Is there any idea why CCP are making things like capitals so mega-stupid expensive? Like, do they just not want that part of the game to be used?
Even Battleshits are getting prohibitively expensive for most line-poors. Coupled with the all-around nerfs to most income generation activities it seems bizarre.
Like, I know "Buy plex" is an answer that I'll likely get, but unless they start selling ship hulls directly for plex, even this wont work as the market is already falling out of the bottom of plex.

Their goal doesn't seem to be "make capitals more expensive" as much as it is "make capital industry require a more varied assortment of materials and be more complicated," which of course means that they are going to be more expensive. T2 frigate production was in a lot of ways more difficult than capital production before this, since you had to do reactions and even the simplest hull required something like 30 raw inputs while cap production only required 6. Now caps require pretty much every possible resource: minerals, PI, moon goo (mostly R4s), harvestable gas, ice, plus some new commodities that don't exist yet. The mineral requirements are about the same, and the bulk of the estimated cost increase are in PI and R4 moon goo which can be done in hisec and will crash in price as it normalizes with the flood of people who start doing it now that there is going to be a legitimate market for the stuff.

Personally I think it's a good change overall. Maybe there will actually be markets for intermediates and not everything will be built by a handful of fully vertically integrated producers. Also I can't fly a cap so no one should be able to get one.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Warrior Princess posted:

timers. they can surprise ref anything in 1dq whenever. It means nothing. It then starts a countdown visible to the entire world and more importantly a sweaty pile of fat angry bees.

also winning a node event in the 1dq constellation is basically impossible for papi unless we really faceplant. the hardest part about those events is quickly replacing entosis ships and batfleet sneaky hunters, which is difficult when we have to gooncannon them to some constellation 10 jumps away, but isn't so hard when they are just in the system we live in.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Not to burst your bubbles but even the stuff outside of 1dq itself is probably also dead. It’ll be bloody but its nowhere near as defensible as 1dq itself.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Solus posted:

Not to burst your bubbles but even the stuff outside of 1dq itself is probably also dead. It’ll be bloody but its nowhere near as defensible as 1dq itself.

wow someone isn't believing. removing you from delta discord now

Fqubed
Dec 12, 2013
Given they are gating caps to avoid sending anything to a non cynojammed system, and they have to go the long way around...

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Stereotype posted:

Their goal doesn't seem to be "make capitals more expensive" as much as it is "make capital industry require a more varied assortment of materials and be more complicated," which of course means that they are going to be more expensive. T2 frigate production was in a lot of ways more difficult than capital production before this, since you had to do reactions and even the simplest hull required something like 30 raw inputs while cap production only required 6. Now caps require pretty much every possible resource: minerals, PI, moon goo (mostly R4s), harvestable gas, ice, plus some new commodities that don't exist yet. The mineral requirements are about the same, and the bulk of the estimated cost increase are in PI and R4 moon goo which can be done in hisec and will crash in price as it normalizes with the flood of people who start doing it now that there is going to be a legitimate market for the stuff.

All the math we've done so far indicates that regular (non-navy/faction) T1 subcaps will generally become cheaper, while capitals go to 5-10B, supercarriers to 50-70B and titans above 200B.
That's not taking into account the leaked hints about upcoming T2 changes that will probably push goo prices up and probably turbofuck the rest of the industry meta.

Your comparison between T2 frig production and capital production is a poor one, because it doesn't take into account the scaling issues they both have, in their own way. The only annoying bit with T2 subcap prod is that you need to look what what components you need multiple BPOs for, and that's child's play to figure out with a spreadsheet.
Generally speaking, if you know what you're doing, any EVE prod basically boils down to logistics, spreadsheets and available slots in appropriately rigged structures. You also need to know what you're doing in order to find where the margins hide, it's not just "vertically integrate everything", though that's often a reasonable approximation.

They're trying to cost / scarcity scale supercapitals and some other ships via rare wormhole gases and related reactions. They're also super lazily trying to basket-balance a bunch of materials instead of doing a proper balance pass in a bid to unfuck the broken supply/demand for certain materials, breaking the entire existing lore around industry at the same time and forcing a ton of people to remake their spreadsheets/tools for basically no good reason beyond CCP-induced tedium (not complexity, none of this poo poo is particularly complex, it's just tedious the first time(s) you do the numbers).

The whole patch smells like some dipshits with MBAs who had never actually done production in EVE was let loose trying to make changes to a core aspect to the game, with other literal dipshits in the CSM cheering it on because it feeds into their "gently caress you, got mine" mentality. It's not going to end well.

Stereotype posted:

Personally I think it's a good change overall. Maybe there will actually be markets for intermediates and not everything will be built by a handful of fully vertically integrated producers. Also I can't fly a cap so no one should be able to get one.

I already have a stack of (super)capitals and don't need more, so gently caress you, got mine eh? :sun:
(It's not a good change, but from what I can tell, you don't have enough knowledge of how all of this poo poo fits together yet to really get it, not a lot of people do, certainly no one at CCP or in the current CSM).

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

lmao at the pubbie Horde losing the fight with their inferiority complex against Goons as they run out of options now that glassing some athanors and sitting Test on our head has failed to deny the Goons any ~content~. If they refuse to attack 1DQ asap, then they better go home as losers since they never even had any balls to chase Goons around New Eden or out of the game for that matter.

Nyan Bread fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Apr 7, 2021

Fqubed
Dec 12, 2013
I feel the idea of adding complexity/reducing the vertical integration one one person (without twenty accounts) is good, all the things I'm seeing on implementation kinda make a good idea into poo poo. Also how about some QOL in PI because I'm running suboptimal setups just to avoid carpal tunnel

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

Warrior Princess posted:

Angry bees who can't log in because our home system will be full of nerds already. Angry bees who can try to jump home and experience the same poo poo that happened in the second M2- fight.

Reffing the 1dq ihub is a matter of persistently throwing bodies at it and spontaneously packing 1dq full of nerds so that we either can't log in or can't jump back home. The highest I've seen 1dq local lately is the 800s, and more consistently in the 600s. Once it's reffed we would lose the node contest (unless we were suddenly willing to drop nonstop faxes) so idk.

I still think we would win any supercapital fight on that grid, which is what it comes down to, but it's absolutely not impossible to see that ihub go pop.

We might not have been paying attention to the second M2- fight where we should have learned the scale of this war in terms of bodies was more than the server can support, and we are the side that is massively outnumbered. These are not favorable portents, do not believe the false prophet Hugh Breeze.

The strategic question is can the other side somehow blitz enough nerds into our home system to prevent us defending it based on the actual server mechanics. The answer to that question may be no, but at the moment I know gently caress all about whether or not that's possible. Can't say no.

Also, it's called Blue Dragon Desert Frost and it smells like I murdered a horny skunk in my home office.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Spiteski posted:

Drunk Vikings high as gently caress on surstromming. There's no reason that makes any goddamn sense.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Warrior Princess posted:

And last time we showed we were happy to log in hours early to be ready.

After they kill the last keep I think they’ll either:

A: throw up their hands and call it a day
B: toss in a couple of sub cap fleets into 1DQ make a try and then throw up their hands and say the servers are poo poo and call it a day,
or (least likely IMO)
C: camp 1DQ for a few months before doing A or B.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Baculus posted:

Reffing the 1dq ihub is a matter of persistently throwing bodies at it and spontaneously packing 1dq full of nerds so that we either can't log in or can't jump back home. The highest I've seen 1dq local lately is the 800s, and more consistently in the 600s. Once it's reffed we would lose the node contest (unless we were suddenly willing to drop nonstop faxes) so idk.

Reffing the 1DQ iHub means getting a one hour hack in when the hostiles are in bombing range of one our citadels, and in 10% tidi that hacking timer goes up to 10 hours. And that ihub is on the same grid as a keepstar. They tried it once and hosed off after about an hour and a half

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

dragonshardz posted:

Drunk Vikings high as gently caress on surstromming. There's no reason that makes any goddamn sense.

surstromming is for swedes, CCP is on that rotten shark

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Fqubed posted:

I feel the idea of adding complexity/reducing the vertical integration one one person (without twenty accounts) is good, all the things I'm seeing on implementation kinda make a good idea into poo poo. Also how about some QOL in PI because I'm running suboptimal setups just to avoid carpal tunnel

The big builders will handle this just fine, it's mostly loving the mid/low-tier builders, particularly with the insane skill requirements for some of the new cap parts. This particularly fucks the guys who just wants to build their own carrier/dread from bpcs, they're not going to train 11+ million SP just to be able to build caps again.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
The ihub is within fighter range of info boosted carriers lmao.
With 3 drone nav comps Thanatos and Nids will have fighters there in about 5 minutes max too (tidi not included)

Solus fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Apr 7, 2021

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Jazzzzz posted:

surstromming is for swedes, CCP is on that rotten shark

imagine being the first icelander to eat Hákarl, who in the gently caress tests the rotten shark to make sure that it's not poisonous any more?

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

beep-boop, I'm a Nummy Bacon Bot. I scrape your posts for bacon points!

To get your current bacon points message me with !bacon_points

To opt out of collecting nummy bacon points, just put me on ignore!
Hello friends,

Goose here.

I am writing to let you all know that I am moving on to greener pastures. New Eden has been provided me with a lot of entertainment since I returned in May 2020 however it’s time to win eve and move on.

My assets are on the T5ZI market at fire sale prices. I will jump my pod into 1DQ so I can be returned to my home station in high sec to begin my hibernation.

The truth, I was a sponsored goon back in 07/08. My first day in the game I was in a frigate fleet moving from Syndicate to Scalding Pass to join with our Russian friends. With no idea what was going on. The same day a guy named Nync came on comms and started shouting Russian at us. I left and rejoined the game several times over the years. Was in Delve when Hargoth dropped BOB sov, burned countless freighters and haulers in Jita, sat in my sabre on the gates leading to B-R for hours. My sponsor decided to go gently caress goons so I guess when I came back to rejoin in May I was tainted.

The war has been fun, however today i struggle to find the motivation to log in for the SP rewards let alone to join fleets. I don’t see PAPI doing very well in the battle for 1DQ. Especially if you can all rage form into 1DQ when the assault happens. Even if they do take it, PanFam will go home along with all of the other hangers on. Then goons can feast on TEST all alone.

I hope that I made some of you laugh with my poo poo posting. If you didn’t like it, then rest assured the mods will soon be here to permaban me.

Goonspeed
The Goose.

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream
Tldr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

beep-boop, I'm a Nummy Bacon Bot. I scrape your posts for bacon points!

To get your current bacon points message me with !bacon_points

To opt out of collecting nummy bacon points, just put me on ignore!

shitposter gets himself permabanned