Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

You know the phone works both ways OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

When I was an infant there was a family fight that caused a rift in my family so my parents and grandparents on my mom's side stopped talking. I didn't meet them until my mid 20s after stuff finally got patched up. I never heard from them throughout my childhood. Now they're just old people I can barely understand and I have no connection with. I'm not calling them.

But I texted my dad to sign up for his vaccination a week ago. Is that enough?

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Chrs posted:

You know the phone works both ways OP

Yeah but usually when my mom calls me, it's for inane things or to be grumpy that I didn't answer a text message over the weekend lol. I have a good relationship with my mom but it's easier to call her

Really I should call my brother more but he's an hour behind me so when I'm off work, he's still doing stuff. Sometimes I see him chilling in his Discord so I pop over to chat with him then

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer
I have 2 brothers and an uncle left,that's it. I talk to them alot tho.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
Some day my father and his mom are going to die and I'm going to get sooooo much time off work oh my God.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
I haven't talked to my grandmother in over a year. She has pretty bad memory loss and went to a home right before covid. The homes around here don't want unnecessary visitors, so I'm staying away. I could call, but she likely wouldn't know who I was, and if she did she would forget in a matter of minutes that I did call. I'll go visit her when I'm allowed again, but it's sad :(.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
My grandparents are dead but I talk to my mum and visit her a bunch cause my mum is a cool lady.

I did just send her a message because of this thread tho, so good work OP.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

remigious posted:

My grandpa actually really likes texting and uses a ton of emojis, it’s cute :3:

:keke::hf::keke:

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
I stopped talking my mom a few weeks ago because she became a huge racist and a sore loser for Trump losing. Every time I talk to her it always gets a lot of tension due to politics.

One night she called me up saying my sister got into a fight with her boyfriend and they were moving to some state thousands of miles away to live with their rich uncle. I told her good luck and she ended the call about Trump.

Im just tired of it.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

My grandparents are dead and my parents sexually abused me. No thanks.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

All my grandparents have been dead for at least 10 years.

My dad is a religious nut job who can't have one conversation with me without trying to convert me to Jesus.

My mom's cool. We went to the baseball game on Saturday.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
My dad likes to tell me that global warming is not real and that I really should get a mortgage to become a landlord :allears:

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

This is adorable it's like your family with Cher

Man I love your grams :love:

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

My grandparents were all dead by the time I was like 19 or something.

I see my parents like twice a week, and now that we're all vaccinated we're going back to all having breakfast/lunch together on sundays with the rest of the immediate family.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

My only surviving grandma doesn’t speak English and I don’t speak Chinese so that’s a no go.

I talked to my dad the other day and he scolded me for being snarky to my mom.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
You can't make me!

Mom died last year so those people are all dead

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem

Omg that is so precious!!

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
my grandparents are dead and I see too much of my parents as it is

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Lotta folks ITT forgetting that these exist

Call your dead grandparents

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

Canuckistan posted:

I haven't talked to my grandmother in over a year. She has pretty bad memory loss and went to a home right before covid. The homes around here don't want unnecessary visitors, so I'm staying away. I could call, but she likely wouldn't know who I was, and if she did she would forget in a matter of minutes that I did call. I'll go visit her when I'm allowed again, but it's sad :(.

call her anyway

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

Spinz posted:

My mom hates me and my grandparents are dead so you can send me a PM if you have a similar situation young goons

:)

I will help and take some of the pressure off Spinz here: any young women with a poor relationship with their fathers please get in touch with me immediately.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Xaintrailles posted:

I will help and take some of the pressure off Spinz here: any young women with a poor relationship with their fathers please get in touch with me immediately.

Ew.

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

Smugworth posted:

Lotta folks ITT forgetting that these exist

Call your dead grandparents

General Bullshit > Astral Project your loving Parents and Grandparents

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Channel your dead grandparents through consumption of Spice

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
they're all dead, OP, thanks for the depressing reminder

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

My grandparents are all gone, but I occasionally have nice dreams about them sometimes - usually I dream we're at our cabin in central Michigan with the whole family, grandma is sweet as ever and grandpa is playing with the grandkids.

Just talked to my parents yesterday and we're hanging out this weekend.

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

Colonel Cancer posted:

Channel your dead grandparents through consumption of Spice

Abomination your grandparents

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

My grandpa can't hear anything on the phone and he's just got shot 1 of the vaccine and I have 0, so we must wait a bit longer.