Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

graph posted:

my cable guide is showing the standard 2h 5m

Looks like USA starts at 8pm while Peacock starts at 7pm.

So rather than getting the pre-show to tempt you to subscribe for the main thing, they're... doing the opposite? How strange.

Tomorrow's is listed as being 4 hours, just on Peacock and not USA. (I have not been following at all so I'm trying to work all this out today, and get the feeling I'll be burned out before Mania even begins, maybe for the best).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

EL BROMANCE posted:

Are the two events this week 2hours each? Or is it unknown at the moment?

e: oh dear lord Peacock has it listed as 3hr30 tonight

2 hours

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It started 15 minutes ago on Peacock but the timeline says it's 1 hour in, and I see they never implemented a way to start from the beginning I see. Glad to see things going very well so far. I'm going to be getting home around 8 so I'll be tuning in for the regular 2 hours anyway, and will just rely on the regular recaps before fights.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Gonna be dual-monitoring both shows, because l cannot imagine missing the Grizzled Young Veterans

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
I'd really like to know what upside they saw in signing Eli Drake to NXT.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Le Saboteur posted:

AEW can’t have him.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

blast0rama posted:

AEW can’t have him.

l m a o

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

blast0rama posted:

AEW can’t have him.

I really don't think that's it. He must just have friends in WWE or something.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Le Saboteur posted:

He exists and is a wrestler.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
He's got a name and a little bit of buzz. They're kinda out of big indie names to have show up at Takeover. Everyone's signed with them or is now in AEW at this point.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

SonicRulez posted:

He's got a name and a little bit of buzz.

Wwe has already taken care of both of these

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Is it just me or is the crowd noise way too high in the mix right now on Takeover? It just sounds like this constant din that drowns out the entrance themes and everything.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
How else are we supposed to know who to boo?

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Le Saboteur posted:

Is it just me or is the crowd noise way too high in the mix right now on Takeover? It just sounds like this constant din that drowns out the entrance themes and everything.

I also noticed this, and also now the audio keeps cutting out?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Love how awesome the current nxt setup looks with the live crowd behind the cages, utterly ruined by the stupid thunderdome screens.

E: the audio cutouts are when they cut to commercials on USA I believe. Lame but eh, at least the web feed doesn’t have the ads.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
That was a little banger 10 to 15 minute match that I love.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Kushida needs to be the biggest, most blaring warning sign for literally any Japanese talent thinking about coming over to the WWE.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

CarlCX posted:

Shinsuke needs to be the biggest, most blaring warning sign for literally any Japanese talent thinking about coming over to the WWE.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

God I loving hate the WWE's fascination with gauntlet matches. Just lazy booking

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

CarlCX posted:

Kushida needs to be the biggest, most blaring warning sign for literally any Japanese talent thinking about coming over to the WWE.

KENTA would like words with you.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

blast0rama posted:

AEW can’t have him.

AEW probably didn't even want him

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

EL BROMANCE posted:

I'm so glad I got to see Kentas match with Roderick Strong live. It was one of the coolest WWE matches I've ever seen live.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Why do they have chain link fence images on the thunderdome screens now

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

mooseinfants posted:

Why do they have chain link fence images on the thunderdome screens now

It's not the Thunderdome, it's the Capital Wrestling Center :smug:

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

EL BROMANCE posted:

They're both also warning signs, don't get me wrong, it's all terrible, but you can at least say Shinsuke won a Rumble and had a Wrestlemania showcase and KENTA got a couple title matches and brushes with top-carders out of it. It's still tremendous, inexcusable waste, but there's the barest, slightest morsels you could make a lovely argument for.

Kushida was signed a couple years ago now, and in that time, he, uh...he beat Velveteen Dream once? He lost a cruiserweight tournament? They reunited the Timesplitters and jobbed them out instantaneously?

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
holy poo poo that cutter off the table

thank you nxt for saving me from a chris jericho promo

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

swerve and leon please fuckin escape

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

CarlCX posted:

Kushida was signed a couple years ago now, and in that time, he, uh...he beat Velveteen Dream once? He lost a cruiserweight tournament? They reunited the Timesplitters and jobbed them out instantaneously?

Yeah I think the important thing is we really have a whole bunch of go to examples. I went for kenta just because he was the first one over, and it just amounted to nothing. Nakamura and Kushida should’ve seen it coming!

I’m grateful in their time over here we at least got some fantastic matches.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

CarlCX posted:

I 100% agree with you that KUSHIDA's booking has been especially egregious compared to both KENTA and Shinsuke. I believe (not 100% sure) that this is only KUSHIDA's 3rd takeover match and he's been signed for 2 years.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I like Grimes new gimmick of throwing money at guys.

Wife seeing Dexter Lumis for the first time: "This guy looks like a Nazi."

Le Saboteur fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Apr 8, 2021

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I thought that Lumis was supposed to be one of their top faces, he only got a reaction after they pumped in crowd sound.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Le Saboteur posted:

My Wife said the same thing.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Bronson Reed is cooler than Lumis.

Grimes is great though, especially with his new gimmick

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

SalTheBard posted:

I 100% agree with you that KUSHIDA's booking has been especially egregious compared to both KENTA and Shinsuke. I believe (not 100% sure) that this is only KUSHIDA's 3rd takeover match and he's been signed for 2 years.

kushida's so weird bc of all the people who left japan for wwe, he's the one i have the most sympathy for: he had absolutely topped out in njpw in a somewhat stagnant division that was going to get fastier and flippier and not work as well with his style. seems like he wanted to go somewhere very new and have the opportunity to get into pc training, i think?

that said, i wonder if he could have just made the transition to heavyweight there, in retrospect?

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Le Saboteur posted:

SalTheBard posted:

You guys need to talk?

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

SalTheBard posted:

Don't email my wife

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

God it's so obvious that he's just a dude doing a Rock impression. Like he's someone on SNL that is doing a parody of a wrestler

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Drake only seems to have been brought in to get geeked out to every other guy. I mean someone needs to be a jobber but usually the jobber doesn't get a high profile intro to the brand.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Is Drake's gimmick that he's just a loving loser?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

This match is quite a bit of fun tbh.