Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Gordon Hayward has requested the Hornets FO cut out the coin brokerage middleman and instead pay him directly in custom content from the former mods of /r/jailbait

a new study bible! fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Apr 8, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Zogo posted:

They need an infusion of another bona fide star or two.

i doubt thats possible, and id be ok with a nice deep bench of good+ players to support klay and steph. like, they'd win maybe 6 more games this year if tyrese halliburton was playing 24 minutes a game for them instead of dudes that can barely dribble a basketball and have severe self esteem problems

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Poku fears no man

https://twitter.com/TokenBK1/status/1379953623216586753?s=19

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
McDaniels is like the one guy in the league that can compete with Poku in twigginess too

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

morestuff posted:

McDaniels is like the one guy in the league that can compete with Poku in twigginess too

McDaniels is a coward who tried to take a Duke-rear end charge instead of going for the ball

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/Complex/status/1379524390950473730?s=19

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
so the instagram live thing was just the pilot for his new show?

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

These photos make it look like Pierce is slowly morphing into Patrick Ewing

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Senator Drinksalot posted:

The thunder could become contenders again with one draft and then they have tons of assets if another star becomes available

they don't need another star they already have poku

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

MourningView posted:

they don't need another star they already have roby

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

MourningView posted:

he's a lovely libertarian hedge fund guy whose big innovation (beyond being bad= better picks, which everyone already knew) was figuring out that second round picks were extremely easy to gently caress over because they had no leverage he sucks!

I'm not a member of the cult. I merely approve of its existence, sort of like I approve of the existence of QAnon because it's funny*

This is great

*Does not apply to Q-inspired violence

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Zogo posted:

Three voters picked the Suns to lose in the WCF:
AggressivelyStupid
Veryslightlymad
Shamblercow

I would be smug, but I would rather point out how funny it is that of the three of us who had the Suns doing well, one of us calls themselves stupid and another, crazy.

It's just... On point. Sublime.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Facu Campazzo is the best point guard in the NBA

Edit: https://twitter.com/ClutchPointsApp/status/1379995110323052550?s=20

big boi fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Apr 8, 2021

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Poku is an octopus 🐙

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

MourningView posted:

they don't need another star they already have poku
i know topshot talk is verboten but it PISSES ME OFF there is not yet a poku card because if there was i would have bought it long ago. i need to put my kid through college, with a poku card!

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Veryslightlymad posted:

I would be smug, but I would rather point out how funny it is that of the three of us who had the Suns doing well, one of us calls themselves stupid and another, crazy.

It's just... On point. Sublime.

I’m adding all of you to my true believers .xls

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

big boi posted:

I'm not a member of the cult. I merely approve of its existence, sort of like I approve of the existence of QAnon because it's funny*

This is great

When the qanon guy accidentally killed the head of the gambino crime family, that was funny

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

https://twitter.com/HarrisonWind/status/1379868354224156673?s=20

Article is paywalled but the MPJ-Klay comparison is pretty shrewd

Algund Eenboom posted:

When the qanon guy accidentally killed the head of the gambino crime family, that was funny

Ok yeah that was top quality content

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

big boi posted:

https://twitter.com/HarrisonWind/status/1379868354224156673?s=20

Article is paywalled but the MPJ-Klay comparison is pretty shrewd
It's not shrewd. Klay is known for being a two-way player way moreso than he's known for not dribbling.

MPJ is not a two-way player.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

CamSoda does this every time they can to get publicity. They offered Gardner Minshew a contract to host a yoga show.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Fast Luck posted:

It's not shrewd. Klay is known for being a two-way player way moreso than he's known for not dribbling.

MPJ is not a two-way player.

And the Nuggets are known for not playing defense. So he’s truly the Nuggets’ Klay

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
He's gotten much better on that end over the season, he's almost at a passable level

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Lol, why did it take so long for this article to be written? It was inevitable.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2021/4/6/22369749/danny-ainge-celtics-almost-trades-history

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

The Benjamin Simmons car video:
https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1369473172748201984

Come and See > Space Jam 2

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Steve Nash promoted to Nets head coach after this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwfSwsOzZtM

PP fired for this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT2XqWxapbM

:vince:

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Zogo posted:

The Benjamin Simmons car video:
https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1369473172748201984

Come and See > Space Jam 2

Why do neither of them have Australian accents?

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Solomon Hill is not good. He's on a 21 game streak of nine or fewer points. LBJ is on a streak of 1,000+ of 10+ points. Life isn't fair.

Shaq did another good deed
https://twitter.com/i/status/1379802747709624320

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

UNC head coach Hubert Davis says he’s ‘proud wife is white’
https://www.yahoo.com/news/1st-black-unc-head-coach-152901216.html

big boi posted:

It's all fun and games until Q starts WWIII.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Senator Drinksalot posted:

Why do neither of them have Australian accents?

Many foreigners learn to speak American English by watching Hollywood movies. Kyrie Irving is another example.

:iiam:

The Maestro posted:

What’s a good emoji for being excited about getting back into challenging and creatively fulfilling work but also bummed about the prospect of having to manage people and customers and stress?

:cheersbird:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo the Suns

They got this win on one of the genuinely toughest days I've had in ages. What a win. What a team.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Can someone explain to me why the unstated assumption from everyone seems to be that the Suns won’t actually be good in the playoffs?

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Holy poo poo the Suns

They got this win on one of the genuinely toughest days I've had in ages. What a win. What a team.

They’re so good. Still having trouble reconciling it. What a treat.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

kingcobweb posted:

Can someone explain to me why the unstated assumption from everyone seems to be that the Suns won’t actually be good in the playoffs?

chris paul

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

kingcobweb posted:

Suns fans taking every opportunity to bash ayton

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Metapod posted:

Suns fans taking every opportunity to bash ayton

We hate because we love. The team ceiling depends on him. He’s been terrific lately.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Ghost Dog posted:

chris paul

Which is just a meme at this point. The only truly atrocious performance that an actually good CP3-having team had in the playoffs that didn't involve injury was when they got Josh Smith'd when he was on the Clips.

Chris literally helped almost beat the most OP Warriors team of all time and won both he and Harden championships in Houston. Also since switching up his diet he hasn't been getting banged up like he used to.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

kingcobweb posted:

Inexperience, mostly. Their half court sets need Ayton to ball out and he's still a question mark.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Which is just a meme at this point. The only truly atrocious performance that an actually good CP3-having team had in the playoffs that didn't involve injury was when they got Josh Smith'd when he was on the Clips.

Chris literally helped almost beat the most OP Warriors team of all time and won both he and Harden championships in Houston. Also since switching up his diet he hasn't been getting banged up like he used to.

chris paul

Shamblercow
Jan 5, 2006
Moo.

kingcobweb posted:

I felt they'd have a tough time just because they haven't had the core of their roster together for long enough. I expected CP3 to raise their ceiling but not to the level that it's at - he's gelled so well and helps everyone else's groove. It feels like our starters and bench kind of trade off being hot and cold - the bench was really great early in the season and carried us when the starters were a little streaky, and lately the starters have been tearing it up and the bench is just bleeding other teams back into the game. Torrey Craig has been a great pickup for us; he plays hungry and is great at finding angles for tough rebounds - good use of his minutes. I'm not smart enough to know what Monty is doing with the rotations but I wonder if Frank Kaminsky will be back in the starting lineup after he recovers and lets Jae Crowder come off the bench more often.

And yeah, Ayton is a very streaky player. He had sequences tonight where he was amazing on defense and offense, and had sequences where he couldn't hold the ball or was out of position on defense (or maybe just slow to react to penetration or switches). Tonight (and the game against the Rockets this week) have felt like the best Ayton has played in a while. In a series where Ayton is locked in, I like our chances. In a series where he plays without focus or plays falling away from other big men, we're a lot more vulnerable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Ghost Dog posted:

chris paul

him name chris paul 3 bro