Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i got my first pfizer shot yesterday and now I feel like rear end today. I'd call in sick to work if I didn't have a bunch to do ugh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Just got Pfizer number 2 bring on the fever gently caress you covid weehoo!

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

PokeJoe posted:

i got my first pfizer shot yesterday and now I feel like rear end today. I'd call in sick to work if I didn't have a bunch to do ugh

Hey friend if it helps my first shot knocked me around bad the next day and was mostly gone the day after that. Hope it does the same for you!

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

th3t00t posted:

How far are people traveling to get their shots? There's nothing available within 100 miles for me.

Mine's 20 mins away, and there were even closer options just not at the time we wanted. I assume you don't live in a larger city; might have to wait for other options to come up or just bite the bullet and drive it.

PokeJoe posted:

Yeah I'm definitely prepared to not come into work on Friday, although I will still need to do a few things from home that are already scheduled. We'll see how bad it is, I've never ever had a bad immune response from a vaccine so hopefully that continues

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I got my J&J a few days ago in a Target dressing room converted to vaccine room.

The guy in front of me had a very frank and serious conversation with the poor nurse about how he really didn't want to get the shot, doesn't want the government tracking him. Made the nurse affirmatively tell him there's no government tracker before saying "ok, I'm trusting you here" and heading back to get his shot. It was goddamn depressing, but at least he got the thing.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Konar posted:

I got my J&J a few days ago in a Target dressing room converted to vaccine room.

The guy in front of me had a very frank and serious conversation with the poor nurse about how he really didn't want to get the shot, doesn't want the government tracking him. Made the nurse affirmatively tell him there's no government tracker before saying "ok, I'm trusting you here" and heading back to get his shot. It was goddamn depressing, but at least he got the thing.

please tell me he was holding his phone the entire time he was ranting about being tracked

if only irony was a covid vaccine we'd all be good by now

i asked my nurse friend about not having a reaction to the shot(s) and they said some people have a rougher time with it if they have the antibodies already..so i'm guessing not testing positive once + no side effects = i didn't catch this somehow...but if they offer a test to see if you've had the antibodies i'm going to get it, just for curiosity sake.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
People believing that a tracking device can fit through the head of a needle will never not be super bizarre

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Play posted:

People believing that a tracking device can fit through the head of a needle will never not be super bizarre

i have google locations tracking on and i can see every place i've been for like 5 years at least

and it's incredibly god drat boring..if thats the crux of your conspiracy theory you're doing it wrong

put some aliens or some poo poo in there at least ffs

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

th3t00t posted:

How far are people traveling to get their shots? There's nothing available within 100 miles for me.

I drove an hour and a half each way to deserted desert chudsville.

And I'm so glad I did. Grateful as hell, I can't beLIEVE how stupid people are still.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I had to do an hour and a half drive, both ways, but it was worth it. Getting my second shot in a couple weeks.

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose
I too am a Canadian with no idea when I’m getting a vaccine. Double bonus, my family doctor retired a few months into the pandemic and I have not been able to find a new doctor.

Americans, would it be okay if I drove to Montana and got the dose that the governor’s not going to use? I have some American cash and change.

DNAmage
Oct 8, 2005

Occult Scientist
Cannot turn to attack.
He mixes biotech and sorcery with sinister results

HAmbONE posted:

I too am a Canadian with no idea when I’m getting a vaccine. Double bonus, my family doctor retired a few months into the pandemic and I have not been able to find a new doctor.

Americans, would it be okay if I drove to Montana and got the dose that the governor’s not going to use? I have some American cash and change.

As an American and former Montana resident, I think I'm qualified to say "yes".

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
So for shot 1 I didn’t move my arm much after and the soreness the next day was intense.

Is there anything to moving the arm around and doing some light exercise/stretching to get the blood flowing before it starts hurting? Of all the symptoms, that one was the worst. Like not even being able to dress myself in under 5 minutes.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

I received my second Pfizer shot today. Unlike the first one, no instant headache and joint pain today.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Rolo posted:

So for shot 1 I didn’t move my arm much after and the soreness the next day was intense.

Is there anything to moving the arm around and doing some light exercise/stretching to get the blood flowing before it starts hurting? Of all the symptoms, that one was the worst. Like not even being able to dress myself in under 5 minutes.
Ive had a lot of luck with just simply stretching the arm up and out. Some people also massage. Both of these are gonna be tough at the far ends of tenderness but I expect there's going to be some amount of working through the pain needed.

I think your arm just fills up with lymph crap that needs a little help draining to your armpit because the human lymphatic system is a lazy piece of poo poo. Thus it's an ongoing need to stretch, nothing really preventive to be done. And it's always going to suuuuck in the morning.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

4 or 5 hours later and:

shoulder and upper back feel like I threw baseballs for hours

feel like i could take a 1,000 year nap

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose

DNAmage posted:

As an American and former Montana resident, I think I'm qualified to say "yes".

I'm OMW

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL

Play posted:

Mine's 20 mins away, and there were even closer options just not at the time we wanted. I assume you don't live in a larger city; might have to wait for other options to come up or just bite the bullet and drive it.

Yeah I'm definitely prepared to not come into work on Friday, although I will still need to do a few things from home that are already scheduled. We'll see how bad it is, I've never ever had a bad immune response from a vaccine so hopefully that continues
I'm in Buffalo, NY, metro population of 1.2 milllion. There's plenty of appointments available in Rochester(1.08 million), Syracuse(650k), or corning/elmira(170k) but for some reason nothing available in Buffalo or Niagara Falls. I signed up for an appointment in late May in Rochester, but I'm hoping some more open up here sooner in Buffalo.

I already had Covid back in November and even though my case was mild enough not to require hospitalization It's not something I'd ever like to have twice.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
I had almost no reaction to Pfizer 1 except a sore spot on my arm for a couple days. Worried me a bit ...

Then Pfizer 2 knocked me for a loop. Chills, low-grade fever, brain fog, all that stuff. But after about 36 hours of gross blah-ness, I slept for 12 hours and felt great afterward.

Plus now I'm a 5G hotspot, so that's nice.

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I asked my mom if she had gotten vaccinated yet.

Turns out Bill Gates and the other oligarchs are in a conspiracy to lower the population to reduce climate change.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Jebediah posted:

I asked my mom if she had gotten vaccinated yet.

Turns out Bill Gates and the other oligarchs are in a conspiracy to lower the population to reduce climate change.

Sorry to hear it. I hope she'll be safe from real, verifiable threats that exist.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
how much money do you think it would take to get a cameo video from bill gates that only consists of him deadpan into the camera saying "just take the loving shot"

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

zer0spunk posted:

how much money do you think it would take to get a cameo video from bill gates that only consists of him deadpan into the camera saying "just take the loving shot"

I don't know, but you could probably get Gary Busey to do it for a couple hundred.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

zer0spunk posted:

Has he not already done this for philanthropy sake?

Need to aspire higher. Let's have him do it in a pinhead costume except it's syringes instead if nails.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

zedprime posted:

Has he not already done this for philanthropy sake?

Need to aspire higher. Let's have him do it in a pinhead costume except it's syringes instead if nails.
Yikes you just reminded me that there's some scene in a Saw movie I think where this ex junkie is in a dumpster full of needle syringes

I guess that's how chuds see blue States now

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Spinz posted:

Yikes you just reminded me that there's some scene in a Saw movie I think where this ex junkie is in a dumpster full of needle syringes

I guess that's how chuds see blue States now

honestly if free Krispy kreme can't do it, it's probably a lost cause

also pretending like i don't already know enough anti vaxx people complained that they capitulated and also offered free donuts every monday to the plague masses..maybe dont go there on mondays is the takeaway

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

th3t00t posted:

I'm in Buffalo, NY, metro population of 1.2 milllion. There's plenty of appointments available in Rochester(1.08 million), Syracuse(650k), or corning/elmira(170k) but for some reason nothing available in Buffalo or Niagara Falls. I signed up for an appointment in late May in Rochester, but I'm hoping some more open up here sooner in Buffalo.

I already had Covid back in November and even though my case was mild enough not to require hospitalization It's not something I'd ever like to have twice.

Buffalo goon checking in. This exact scenario has happened to a lot of people I know. However, most of them were able to get an appt very close to Buffalo and much sooner.

I got mine at Wegmans on Transit road, here is a link to their scheduling app :

https://www.wegmans.com/covid-vaccine-registration/

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I guess I got lucky that I have a weird right wing boomer mother, but she at least listens to doctors

meat glitter
Nov 12, 2019

whoo got scheduled for this weekend to get a j&j - ive been daydreaming about getting wine drunk at peef changs and falling asleep in a movie theatre. also, you know, being able to go anywhere without the crippling anxiety of "maybe THIS is the outing that condemns me to certain death!!".

i have older co-workers who live out in more rural areas who teased me about it but they also tease me about getting a flu shot every year so :horse:

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

meat glitter posted:

whoo got scheduled for this weekend to get a j&j - ive been daydreaming about getting wine drunk at peef changs and falling asleep in a movie theatre. also, you know, being able to go anywhere without the crippling anxiety of "maybe THIS is the outing that condemns me to certain death!!".

i have older co-workers who live out in more rural areas who teased me about it but they also tease me about getting a flu shot every year so :horse:

They're the afraid ones op.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

KakerMix posted:

They're the afraid ones op.

It’s kinda hosed up but I hope you’re right.

I know so many boomer fucks who changed nothing, refused to wear masks and will not be getting vaccinated. Now I know they’re going to call it blown out of proportion because they did nothing and didn’t die while everyone else went out of their way and sacrificed to make it so.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
11 hours post Pfizer jab and I’m not feeling so hot. Stuffiness, sore throat, general blah

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

11 hours post Pfizer jab and I’m not feeling so hot. Stuffiness, sore throat, general blah

First or second? My first one gave me a headache a joint pain within a couple hours. My second shot today has been fine so far.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Keep tuggin so your arm don't get sore

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Kirk Vikernes posted:

First or second? My first one gave me a headache a joint pain within a couple hours. My second shot today has been fine so far.

First

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Derpies posted:

Keep tuggin so your arm don't get sore

You know it. I followed that other poster’s advice about getting it in my non-tuggin arm though so I guess I’ll have to switch off

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

You know it. I followed that other poster’s advice about getting it in my non-tuggin arm though so I guess I’ll have to switch off

Spicing up the ol relationship eh

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I babied my arm after shot one and it turned into a painful mess for 3 days.

Started doing stretches and light exercise with it every few hours after shot 2 today and so far it just feels like a sore day after the gym instead of a baseball bat wound.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
You gotta start doing stretches right away. I was doing shoulder rolls in the waiting room and probably looked insane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rockinsaki
Feb 6, 2004

Skinless Half-Asian Wonder

..The Rider of a white horse. This rider wears a crown and will deceive many with talks of peace, but he will wage war against the saints.
Got mine yesterday, went to work yesterday and today. Nothing but soreness yesterday, but I felt very sluggish today. Wife was off yesterday, but was sent home today after starting to spontaneously dry heave, on top of being super exhausted. We both got the first moderna. Today my arm feels like poo poo, 75% of my range of motion is painful. Will try the stretching.