Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

The Bucks dragged it out so long that it overstayed its welcome

Seriously. Matt Jackson looks like poo poo after that match. Not for in ring ability, obviously, but like....dude, get a grip.

It's so much worse because it's a complete 180 from his behavior last year at Revolution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

ChrisBTY posted:

There have been a shitload of turns in the last 6 months or so.
Not complaining, just making an observation.

the young bucks spinning around in a circle makes for a lot of turns though, the count is probably inflated from that

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
The Bucks have switched between face and heel lately more than Big Show at his peak.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Eat My Fuc posted:

i think you are funny, a big swelling clown about to pop

hahahaha i do get excited during dynamite

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

hooman posted:

Allie/Bunny still my MOTN tho.

who saw this coming tho!?

i was expecting a fun squash, but that delivered above and beyond

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Dango Bango posted:

It's so much worse because it's a complete 180 from his behavior last year at Revolution.

Except the entire point is he's lost his edge recently. That could be in the year since then.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

The Bucks have switched between face and heel lately more than Big Show at his peak.

They have been faces this entire time.

Big Queefy
Jan 27, 2013

Can we just get Britt main eventing every week instead?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

hooman posted:

I'm going to buck thread opinion and say that ruled. With the inner Circle going Face, of course bucks were going heel so they can drop the titles to PnP.

Allie/Bunny still my MOTN tho.

I just can’t believe the Bucks let that dastardly heel Moxley off so easily after Mox tried to get them to injure their best friend

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Hangman run them all over with your lawnmower

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

hooman posted:

I'm going to buck thread opinion and say that ruled. With the inner Circle going Face, of course bucks were going heel so they can drop the titles to PnP.

I’m with you. I was glued to the screen. That was an obvious way to go, and AEW normally does obvious booking, but there was always a chance they’d do it differently.

I like that heel / face isn’t really all that clean of a divide.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

yea ok posted:

hahahaha i do get excited during dynamite

good tbh, you deserve to be happy. NXT also had a funny ending

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
the bucks were reluctant faces who were trying to deny their true nature as despicable heels

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Vince MechMahon posted:

Except the entire point is he's lost his edge recently. That could be in the year since then.

The story makes sense! Going back and reading through this angle and it'll all add up nicely, no issues there.

But if anything it felt like they had more time to kill than they were expecting in the match. They kept hitting the Matt button and it dragged.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I think the story told in this match was good in a vacuum if a little silly in the way wrestling melodrama can get away with being in doses

They just need to have the Bucks stick with a direction after this. The crowd is OK booing you guys, you can just be heels, it's what you were born to do

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

hooman posted:

I got no issue with them being heels, I just think the story of them being reluctant to hurt Kenny was just kind of dumbly executed. Matt Jackson was acting like it was an utterly bewildering concept to him that he had to wrestle his opponent in the ring, including doing moves on him that he'd done with absolutely zero problem in the past.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Lmfao the first ONE bout is gonna end in DQ

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

xbilkis posted:

I think the story told in this match was good in a vacuum if a little silly in the way wrestling melodrama can get away with being in doses

They just need to have the Bucks stick with a direction after this. The crowd is OK booing you guys, you can just be heels, it's what you were born to do

:same:

I liked the story beats, but like most of the ep it was a little off.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

SonicRulez posted:

Except for AJ Styles.

The Only Club that matters is 4 a few months

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

You know this isnt true.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Jerusalem posted:

I got no issue with them being heels, I just think the story of them being reluctant to hurt Kenny was just kind of dumbly executed. Matt Jackson was acting like it was an utterly bewildering concept to him that he had to wrestle his opponent in the ring, including doing moves on him that he'd done with absolutely zero problem in the past.

yeah this happens a lot in wrestling in general and its always kinda weird.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Tweak posted:

terrible booking

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Hangman run them all over with your lawnmower

https://youtu.be/iEh7xyRAteY

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I'll say this though, at no point did Matt Jackson pause and look at his own hands in horror at what he had become, so it's got that going for it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Jerusalem posted:

gently caress's sake, he hit a Golden Trigger on him once just to piss him off.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Like was said earlier, if you are confident in the friendship you're able to push stuff further.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
My MOTN is gonna have to be Drake/Darby since they decided to impress tonight by just beating the poo poo out of each other. Conti/Bunny slapped though.

Seams posted:

the bucks were reluctant faces who were trying to deny their true nature as despicable heels

This. I like it.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Jerusalem posted:

there was a REAL good promo last week with don callis up in matt's face about letting kenny down and how it's a disgrace to see matt like this, being so lovely to his friend who gave up so much for him. i'd absolutely go back and watch that promo; it was a lot more cutting than you'd think callis was able to pull off and to me it's clearly what the dude had on his mind this match

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Vince MechMahon posted:

Like was said earlier, if you are confident in the friendship you're able to push stuff further.

Lol

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Jerusalem posted:

I think the idea is that they were fine doing it with a title on the line but this match was a "What is even the point of this? How did we get here?" situation

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!

Tweak posted:

yeah, this ref sucks, and the guy that got hit with the "illegal punch" is selling this like a soccer player trying to draw a foul

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Vince MechMahon posted:

After the Revolution match the Bucks

+ had a babyface feud with FTR where FTR beat up some old people to turn heel.
+ got screwed by a manipulated Hangman Page.
+ beat FTR for the belts as babyfaces
+ got confused when Kenny Omega started getting calls from the Switch King
+ Don Callis shows up pulling Kenny's strings
+ Good Brothers show up
+ Bucks refuse to work with the Bullet Club (CA) because they aren't that anymore.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
there should've been a flashback sequence about the bucks friendship with kenny during the match when the bucks didnt want to superkick omega.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

xbilkis posted:

I think the idea is that they were fine doing it with a title on the line but this match was a "What is even the point of this? How did we get here?" situation

Winning the tag belts was this big things for the Bucks, it tainted their entire being until they beat FTR for them. They were willing to throw friendships away in the pursuit of tag team gold (see Page, Adam), and it led to now, where they only really have Kenny Omega and Brandon Cutler left (and Omega has got Don Callis in his ear talking of global domination), who will basically never leave them.

The got soft after winning the belts because the desire for the belts was what was making them toxic and sharp in the first place.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

MJeff posted:

gently caress's sake, he hit a Golden Trigger on him once just to piss him off.

hahahahaha the one fan's face when Kenny kicked out at one from that

https://twitter.com/aew/status/1234660112926527488?lang=en

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Tweak posted:

Looked like a worked punch to the back of the skull

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

flatluigi posted:

there was a REAL good promo last week with don callis up in matt's face about letting kenny down and how it's a disgrace to see matt like this, being so lovely to his friend who gave up so much for him. i'd absolutely go back and watch that promo; it was a lot more cutting than you'd think callis was able to pull off and to me it's clearly what the dude had on his mind this match

I saw that promo, didn't really work for me either but I think that's more down to I just really don't buy into Matt Jackson trying to emote as conflicted. He (and Nick's) strength lies in being a cocky rear end in a top hat who is hyper-confident and often fairly aggravating whether as a face or a heel, so while it's laudable that the was trying something different it really didn't work for me. It's done now at least and the matches are gonna be real loving good because the Bucks are one of the best goddamn tag teams in the world.

Just as a counter, Moxley is just superb at body language stuff and has executed,"I am conflicted about kicking my friend's rear end but I'm gonna loving do it goddammit" so much better both in AEW and even in WWE when the now deceased Dean Ambrose was infuriated that he was allowing himself to even consider becoming partners/friends with Seth Rollins again after his Top Ten anime betrayal.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
This ONE championship thing is a a shitshow so far

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
what’s ONE (other than a dope ghostface song)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Seams posted:

what’s ONE (other than a dope ghostface song)

This MMA thing on right after AEW