Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
GODZILLA VS KONG MATCH 8 7.41%
TAY VS BUNNY MATCH 52 48.15%
DARBY VS DRAKE MATCH 28 25.93%
MOX AND BUCKS VS BULLET CLUB MATCH 13 12.04%
HANGMAN VS MAX MATCH 7 6.48%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/tde_gif/status/1379962663288119305

:siren: AEW DARK MATCHES NEED TO BE SPOILER TAGGED IN THIS THREAD :siren:
They can be openly discussed without spoiler tags in the spoiler thread if you wish

AEW Dynamite for 4/7 via FWOnline.com

quote:

Chris Jericho and the Inner Circle rolled up in luxury vehicles to open the show.

Hangman Page defeated Max Caster (w/ Anthony Bowens)

This was #1 vs. #3 in the men's singles rankings. Caster rapped before the match as always. Page attacked Bowens before the bell and then beat down Caster in the corner. He dominated the early goings, landing a fallaway slam and a big boot. They brawled on the floor until Page exchanged words with Bowens, allowing Caster to take control with a dropkick.

Page came back right away with a springboard lariat and a plancha to the floor. He dropped Caster over the barricade and hit a jumping lariat. Caster countered the follow-up and sold an injury as Bowens attacked Page on the floor, leading to the heat.

A spinebuster and an exploder suplex from Page led to his comeback. They exchanged forearms on the apron, where Page dropped Caster onto the ring frame. Page hopped up to the rop rope to go for an Orihara moonsault, but Bowens distracted him. Caster tried to pop up and hit a superplex, but he stumbled on the first try before hitting it. That was an awkward spot.

Caster tried to follow it up with a springboard but was met by a lariat. Page went for the Deadeye, but Bowens tossed the boombox into the ring, distracting the official while he slipped Caster a chain. Caster downed Page with a chain-assisted right hand for a good near fall. He tried to follow it up with the Mic Drop elbow, but Page rolled out of the way.

Bowens tried to stop the Buckshot Lariat, but Page dispatched him with a moonsault and hit the Lariat on Caster for the win.

Tony Schiavone brought out the Death Triangle for an interview. He announced that PAC & Rey Fénix would get their tag title shot next week.

Best Friends, Orange Cassidy, and Kris Statlander interrupted. Cassidy played clips of their interactions/feuds from early last year. Death Triangle shrugged it off, but PAC said he knew why they're here. He thinks they want a shot at the next AEW World Tag Team Champions, but they're far from worthy.

Trent said they're the tag team with more wins than anyone in this company. They're only out there to give the Death Triangle a heads up: the boys are back in town, and they've got an alien with them now.

A video of Mike Tyson and Jacksonville Jaguars coach Urban Meyer chatting played.

Chris Jericho and the Inner Circle came out to speak. He said "We are the Inner Circle, and we are back in black." The Pinnacle's beatdown taught them a lot, and it gave them a wakeup call. He apologized to the fans.

Those decisions were the result of MJF (who he called "my jerkoff friend"). Jericho said he's not that smart, but what he is smart about is the wrestling business. He brought in MJF to keep him down, but he didn't expect him to outsmart them. he said MJF is trying to grow up too fast, and he's not as good as he thinks he is.

Jericho called MJF a "mark." He'll never, ever be better than Chris Jericho, and he knows it. Jericho then insulted each of MJF's followers in the Pinnacle before challenging them to Blood and Guts on May 5.

Christian Cage was interviewed by Dasha. He said he felt like last week was the culmination of years of scratching and clawing to make it back before saying he loved the match against Kazarian.

Taz interrupted and talked about their history together. He offered Christian a spot in Team Taz. Christian was about to respond, but Taz told him to sleep on it.

Before this match, there was a wacky Godzilla vs. Kong tie-in video package with Jurassic Express footage interspersed. It was billed as a "Godzilla vs. Kong match."

Jurassic Express (Jungle Boy & Luchasaurus) defeated Bear Country (Bear Bronson & Bear Boulder)

This was the #2 and the #4 ranked tag team, respectively. Jurassic Express sent both opponents packing right away, with Jungle Boy landing consecutive suicide dives on Boulder. Bear Country caught him on the third, but Luchasaurus took them out with a step-up dive of his own.

Back in the ring, Boulder set up for a powerbomb on Jungle Boy, but Luchasaurus tried to break it up with a crossbody. I think the spot was supposed to be Boulder catching Luchasaurus, but that didn't happen. Boulder then powerbombed Jungle Boy into the commercial break.

Bear Country isolated Jungle Boy throughout the break with frequent tags. Jungle Boy flipped out of a double team and reached Luchasaurus for the hot tag. Luchasaurus ran wild on everyone, beating down both of Bear Country with a flurry of big moves including a German suplex and a lariat. He went to the top rope but was cut off by Boulder, who hit a superplex.

Jungle Boy dove in to break up the pinfall and hit a springboard DDT on Bronson. Luchasaurus planted Boulder with a slam, but the pinfall was broken up by a Bronson hitting a driver on Jungle Boy. Bear Country hit a double team corner cannonball on Luchasaurus for a near fall. They set up for a big splash, but Jurassic Express cut them off with a boot.

Jurassic Express sent Boulder to the floor before Luchasaurus hit a chokeslam and the Mesozoic Moonsault for the win.

A QT Marshall video played, flanked by his new group. He said he was left dead in the water before he even started, unlike Cody, who knew he would never be a superstar. He's not worried about other people's success, so he put over his group members.

Anthony Ogogo spoke for the first time, saying he punches people for fun. Marshall said this is his f---ing factory, and Nick Comoroto then threw paint on the Nightmare Factory wall. The group appears to be called "The Factory."

Sting was brought out by Tony Schiavone. He was immediately interrupted by Jake Roberts, who pointed out that this happens every week. Lance Archer came out and demanded that the world, and Sting specifically, pay attention to him. This is Archer's time.

In a shocking turn of events, Sting took the microphone and said he agrees with Archer. He told Roberts to help Archer channel that energy into being a main event talent before demanding that Archer make it happen.

A Team Taz video played. Ricky Starks said he wanted to hear from Brian Cage, but Taz told him to stop instigating things. They need to be smart, since they have an offer going out to Christian Cage right now.

TNT Championship: Darby Allin (c) (w/ Sting) defeated JD Drake (w/ Ryan Nemeth & Cezar Bononi)

This was a really good TNT Title match and a breakout showcase for Drake.

Drake dropped Allin with a chop right away, sending him to the floor. Allin whiffed on a dropkick before downing Drake with a dive to the floor. He tried to follow it up with another dive, but Nemeth distracted him, allowing Drake to shrug off the dive. Sting, baseball bat in hand, chased Nemeth out of the arena while Drake continued his beatdown of the champion through a break.

Back from break, we got a cool spot where Drake rebounded Allin off the ropes from the outside and leveled him with a forearm. Allin avoided a cannonball on the floor, sending Drake crashing into the barricade. Allin then took out both Drake and Bononi with a top-rope dive to the floor.

Drake pushed Allin off the top rope and attacked him in the tree of woe, concluding with another cannonball. A Vader bomb followed for a good near fall. Allin rolled out of the way of a moonsault and went back to the top rope but was cut off by Drake yet again. The two laid in hard strikes on each other before Allin hit an avalanche Code Red and the Coffin Drop for the win.

– After the match, Butcher and Blade attacked Allin, flanked by Matt Hardy and Private Party. Bunny wanted them to put Allin through the announce table, but Sting and the Dark Order ran out and chased them off. Tay Conti attacked Bunny as officials ran out to set up their singles match.

A video package played recapping the storylines leading to tonight's Kenny Omega & Good Brothers vs. Jon Moxley & Young Bucks main event.

Chris Jericho was interviewed by Alex Marvez but was immediately attacked by the Pinnacle. They brought him out to the ring and beat him down, with MJF choking Jericho with the Burberry scarf. FTR killed him with the spike piledriver. The camera cut backstage to the Inner Circle being locked in their dressing room and having to break down the door.

It appeared as if Jericho was about to be sent through a table, but Mike Tyson interrupted, bludgeoning Shawn Spears with strikes. Tyson took his shirt off and has an amazing physique for his age. Inner Circle finally made it out as they and Tyson stood tall, with Jericho and Tyson shaking hands and burying the hatchet.

Dr. Britt Baker, D.M.D. and Rebel were interviewed by Schiavone. Baker demanded a championship match, but Schiavone brought up she's only ranked #4. Baker said win/loss records don't matter because she's a draw. Either way, she's going to keep racking up wins to get to a championship shot.

Tay Conti (w/ Dark Order) defeated The Bunny (w/ Hardy Family Offices)

Hikaru Shida was at ringside for this match for some reason.

Bunny attacked early on, but Conti came back with a capture suplex and kicks. Bunny caught a soccer kick, sending Conti into the apron before suplexing Conti on the floor. She sent Conti into the barricade and maintained control through a commercial break.

Conti was making her comeback when Dynamite resumed. She hit judo throws but missed a corner knee, running into a thrust kick from Bunny. Conti laid in forearms, but Hardy tried to distract her. She avoided Bunny trying to take advantage and hit the Tay-KO for two.

Bunny rolled to the floor and downed Shida with a cheap shot before hitting Conti with a kendo stick. Shida popped up and took the kendo stick from Bunny, allowing Conti to hit a superplex and the DD-Tay for the win.

Next week's Dynamite lineup:

TNT Championship: Darby Allin (c) vs. Matt Hardy in a Falls Count Anywhere match
AEW World Tag Team Championships: Young Bucks (c) vs. PAC & Rey Fénix
Anthony Ogogo making his debut
Jade Cargill vs. Red Velvet
Chris Jericho (w/ Sammy Guevara) vs. Dax Harwood (w/ Cash Wheeler) with special guest enforcer Mike Tyson -- all other Inner Circle & Pinnacle members barred from ringside

Kenny Omega & The Good Brothers (Doc Gallows & Karl Anderson) (w/ Don Callis) defeated Jon Moxley & The Young Bucks (Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson)

The melodrama isn't doing it for me. This is a simple rehash of the Young Bucks/Golden Lovers storyline from a few years ago in NJPW.

After some jawing back and forth early on, Callis joined commentary.

Matt and Omega faced off to start the action, with Matt instead opting to tag in his brother. Omega downed Nick with a shoulder tackle, but Nick came back with a hurricanrana, so Omega tagged in Anderson. Nick maintained his advantage, dispatching Anderson and Omega before Moxley helped to send Gallows to the floor. Moxley and the Bucks followed it up with three dives to the floor.

During the commercial break, Omega and the Good Brothers took control by forcing Matt into the corner and beating him down with frequent tags. Matt reached Moxley for the hot tag by flipping out of a suplex. Moxley ran wild with lariats on Anderson before starching him with a slap and a German suplex. More Germans followed for Moxley's other two opponents.

Anderson countered the sleeper by dropping down to the floor, allowing Gallows to down Moxley with a boot. Moxley came back with a neckbreaker, allowing him to tag in Nick. Nick laid in kicks on Anderson and fought off both Good Brothers, concluding with a diving stomp on Gallows and a backstabber on Anderson. A soccer kick followed on Gallows, but Anderson countered an X-Factor into a spinebuster.

Matt and Omega tagged in, with Matt outwrestling Omega before downing him with a DDT. Omega was on roller skates but Matt couldn't bring himself to superkick him, so Omega repeatedly slapped him. Matt snapped with a takedown, laying in ground and pound on the champion. We got a parade of big moves, concluded with Omega dropping Matt on his head with two snap dragon suplexes.

Moxley prevented Omega from hitting a V-Trigger with a huge lariat before Matt stuffed Omega with a piledriver for a near fall. The Young Bucks hit More Bang For Your Buck, but Anderson came in to break up the pin. Nick's escalara dive took out the Good Brothers on the floor.

Matt wouldn't keep up the attack on Omega, but Nick set up for the BTE Trigger. Matt wouldn't hit it, so Moxley came in and demanded they fight. Moxley tagged himself in and hit the Paradigm Shift on Omega, before following it up with a second. He locked in the rear naked choke before setting up for a Gotch piledriver, but the Bucks superkicked Moxley, preventing him from getting the win.

Eddie Kingston limped out to stop the attack, but the Good Brothers cut him off with a Magic Killer. They hit a Magic Killer on Moxley and dragged Omega on top for the win.

– After the match, the Good Brothers set up Moxley for superkicks, and the Bucks obliged.

https://twitter.com/tde_gif/status/1379964298622042115

https://twitter.com/tde_gif/status/1379977881770725383

News
The Butcher and The Blade signed their contracts after Bash at the Beach Night 1 and Butcher then flew to Europe to play a show the next day.
John Silver is out 4-6 weeks with a minor shoulder injury, it will not require surgery.

Upcoming Schedule

NEXT WEEK
The Young Bucks vs PAC and Fenix
Jade Cargill vs Red Velvet
Darby Allin vs Matt Hardy FALLS COUNT ANYWHERE
Chris Jericho vs Saturn with Enforcer "Iron" Mike Tyson
ANTHONY OGOGO

May 5th
BLOOD AND GUTS

Links
Rankings: https://www.allelitewrestling.com/rankings
The Official AEW Podcast! https://link.chtbl.com/AEW
Everything Elite Podcast the second most official and second most leftist podcast for the #1 promotion: https://redcircle.com/shows/everything-elite Everything Elite now has a weekly preview show!
AEW Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=channel?UCFN4JkGP_bVhAdBsoV9xftA
Being the Elite Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=channel?UC2V6TA0OqHr9BojcHz9az-w
Twitter https://twitter.com/aewrestling
AEW on TNT Twitter: https://twitter.com/AEWonTNT
Myspace https://www.myspace.com/aewrestling
Sammy Vlog: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDZaULt2xcbJZvXEp0uP8TA
Shida Tube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzuvPtwg5kin3AO1pGNf_5Q
AEW Games: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzXZbDPErhWzErj0iKy_Qrw

Your First Ever Sammy's Vlog BTE Champion

Your Fourth "For The Win" Champion, Brian Cage

Your Fourth TNT Champion:

Your Fourth AEW Tag Team Champions

Your Third AEW Women's World Champion:

And finally, your first All Elite Wrestling Champion to go to TNA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BKUOJGyTc0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Bullet Club rules, haters vacate.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Sorry the thread took so long ONE had a really lame finish and I was confronted by the voice of Michael Schiavello which caused me to recoil in horror for several minutes.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Vince MechMahon posted:

Bullet Club rules, haters vacate.

Bullet Club is fine. For real this time!

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/WasabiRyo/status/1379980386953015300

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

Another fun episode. Really enjoyed watching it. Bucks reluctantly joining with Kenny is probably for the best.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

AEW's first Dynamite should have started with Cody getting DQed for an illegal move on Sammy and then just explaining and apologizing in the middle of the ring for the next 15 minutes

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

I thought this was the weakest ep in a while. No blow away matches, way too many insider references and a main event storyline I'm not in love with. Still a fun way to spend 2 hours though

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

yea ok posted:

I thought this was the weakest ep in a while. No blow away matches, way too many insider references and a main event storyline I'm not in love with. Still a fun way to spend 2 hours though

What insider references were there?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

Sorry the thread took so long ONE had a really lame finish and I was confronted by the voice of Michael Schiavello which caused me to recoil in horror for several minutes.

No I'm sorry you had to listen to Michael Schiavello for more than the three seconds I was tricked into hearing

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MRT your OP is out of date, Baron Black is no longer the Being The Elite Sammy Guevara Vlog Champion

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Masterful storytelling tonight, the biblical allegory of Matt Jackson sweating tan, as Christ did blood in the garden of Gesthemane.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

yea ok posted:

I agree with all that especially the fun part.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
the Bucks are such despicable little dweebos and after that ending I cannot wait to see this chyron again except it says "whooped all their asses"

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Eat My Fuc posted:

Masterful storytelling tonight, the biblical allegory of Matt Jackson sweating tan, as Christ did blood in the garden of Gesthemane.

lmao.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Still catching up on the rest of the show that I missed but just wanna point out that Tay murdering Bunny with the DDTay was awesome.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Bullet Club checklist continued:

- Get Hangman back
- Turn Cody weird again
- sub in Kip Sabian or some other English dude who is not a nonce for Marty
- look into visa for Fat rear end Masa

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Alaois posted:

MRT your OP is out of date, Baron Black is no longer the Being The Elite Sammy Guevara Vlog Champion

MRT finally exposed as a fake fan!!!

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

TV Zombie posted:

I think a previous dynamite had Matt and Callis talk one on one. There was also a brief video somewhere in this episode that can explain Matt's conflicted feelings.

(quote from the other thread)

I know about the slap and Matt/Callis' one on one. I'm just wondering why they're focusing so hard on Matt's feelings here and not Nick's. Is there some reason why Matt and Kenny are closer than Nick/Kenny? My first experience with the bucks is exclusively through AEW so idk if there's some backstory from NJPW that I'm missing.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Lethrom posted:

I know about the slap and Matt/Callis' one on one. I'm just wondering why they're focusing so hard on Matt's feelings here and not Nick's. Is there some reason why Matt and Kenny are closer than Nick/Kenny? My first experience with the bucks is exclusively through AEW so idk if there's some backstory from NJPW that I'm missing.

Nick is dead inside and only cares about being a merch freak and doing flashy moves

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

yea ok posted:

I think I agree with this. Drake vs. Darby was a bit of a letdown, the trios match didn't have the fire I was expecting it to and that finish really took the wind outta my sails.

Eh, whatever. It was fine.

Tay vs. Bunny was pretty good. I'm sad Bunny didn't do that sliding elbow thing.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Lethrom posted:

Matt is historically the messy little baby who has lots of emotions and Nick just kind of goes along with it

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

Im a really hosed up guy because for some reason I enjoy listening to Schiavello

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Eddie and Moxley are like the platonic ideal of chaos. Just look at how they talk, at how they move at what they do. Its so great.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Vince MechMahon posted:

What insider references were there?

the in ring story of Tay vs Bunny was filled with clever references to the classic 1999 Michael Mann film starring Al Pacino and Russell Crowe

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

yea ok posted:

Yeah. It was a fun episode of TV, but Dynamite's standards are kind of high so it's deffo on the weaker end of the recent episodes.

Bard Maddox posted:

Matt is historically the messy little baby who has lots of emotions and Nick just kind of goes along with it

Nick cares about two things, his merch money and doing cool moves.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

dear aew,

less old people.

signed, cams

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I want to know who Anthony Ogogo is gonna brutalize in his debut match

I hope its Rome Hat.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Highlights:

- Tay/Bunny who I think of as both being extremely ok wrestlers. Truly shows how hard the women have been working in AEW to recover the reputation that division has. This match owned and I wish it wasn't going to be overshadowed by Takeover. Just a great showing from both wrestlers.
- Drake/Allin. They just beat the hell out of each other. I love it.
- Jericho's promo. I actually liked it even if it got too cute at times. Very strong build to Blood & Guts which I think should also feature Shida dropping that title to DOCK-TAH Britt Baker DMD Death Match Legend.

Thought it was a good show, but I dunno. I always think it's a good show, some weeks are just better than others. Tomorrow afternoon ought to be interesting. Next week looks stellar. Lots of hype for that.

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

StarkRavingMad posted:

Nick is dead inside and only cares about being a merch freak and doing flashy moves

Bard Maddox posted:

Gotcha, thanks

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Cool promo but uh...how are they going to disentangle Mox from Omega at this point

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Instead of Fat rear end Masa Bullet Club USA gets Dick Togo instead

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Definitely running cold on this Omega/Bucks thing. Maybe it’s because I already saw it in NJPW and AEW last year?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Alaois posted:

I hope its Rome Hat.

My vote is Vary Morales or Fuego.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Alaois posted:

I hope its Rome Hat.

Someone from the nightmare family who has no real singles chance and who you aren’t holding back for a match... Austin Gunn.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

https://twitter.com/youngbucks/status/1379983464146030594

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
an important takeaway from dynamite is that team taz is fine. we're not talking about this enough imo.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

xbilkis posted:

Cool promo but uh...how are they going to disentangle Mox from Omega at this point

Mox and Eddie are going to target The Young Bucks now?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Lethrom posted:

Nick is a natural heel and knows it. But he loves and will stick with his brother no matter what. Matt is more conflicted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

xbilkis posted:

Ibushi isn't doing anything anymore now that he doesn't have any belts so he shows up to hug the hate out of omega