Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
GODZILLA VS KONG MATCH 8 7.41%
TAY VS BUNNY MATCH 52 48.15%
DARBY VS DRAKE MATCH 28 25.93%
MOX AND BUCKS VS BULLET CLUB MATCH 13 12.04%
HANGMAN VS MAX MATCH 7 6.48%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

yea ok posted:

I thought this was the weakest ep in a while. No blow away matches, way too many insider references and a main event storyline I'm not in love with. Still a fun way to spend 2 hours though

Yeah I enjoyed the show but I didn't love it. Next week looks great though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Just go full Lockdown imo. Leave the Blood n Guts cage down the whole night.

-IC vs Pinnacle? Come in my friend.
-QT vs Cody? Plenty of room.
-Dark Order vs Hardy Family? By all means.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Kinda hot take:

Show was fun. That’s it.

But the women’s division is doing better than the men’s division right now.

Like, a tiny smidge of an edge. I’m way more excited for what the women are doing than the men, for now.

AEW got some way high rear end standards though because they have shown time and again they can make a helluva show so fun still means it’s like an 8/10, which rules.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

xbilkis posted:

Cool promo but uh...how are they going to disentangle Mox from Omega at this point

Mox and Eddie are changing the focus to the Bucks. And then Mox’ll go somewhere else after that and they’ll have the bad blood between Mox / Omega slip away for a bit, only to resurface later on when it’s relevant to the story again.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Also I think I saw Amber Nova in the crowd. Very interesting play if she’s getting a match. She is all about a future in WWE.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

xbilkis posted:

Cool promo but uh...how are they going to disentangle Mox from Omega at this point

Someone loving challenges Kenny for his loving belt. (I swear to god)

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
i could go a murderhawk/kenny feud

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/snoringelbow/status/1379974925876797441

Underrated moment hahahah

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
motherfucker I just remember Sting is a motivational speaker now and Lance Archer could get back on track to do some poo poo.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

That was a bad episode. The bullet club drama is really grating and has gone on forever. All this time spent on whether or not they are going to side with Kenny and they can't squeeze in a moment to build to the title match against Pac and Fenix. And when they eventually do circle back around to that match, they announce it for the following week and when they try to interview Pac to at least get a single promo in before it happens, before he can say one word they get interrupted by the Best Friends who have an awkward exchange with them just to remind everybody they got the poo poo kicked out of them a year ago and now Statlander is hanging out with them. This is awful

Thank god for the Darby/Drake and the Conti/Bunny matches which were both really good. Aside from that and the Inner Circle segments I don't think there was anything else I liked.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Crapple! posted:

That was a bad episode. The bullet club drama is really grating and has gone on forever. All this time spent on whether or not they are going to side with Kenny and they can't squeeze in a moment to build to the title match against Pac and Fenix. And when they eventually do circle back around to that match, they announce it for the following week and when they try to interview Pac to at least get a single promo in before it happens, before he can say one word they get interrupted by the Best Friends who have an awkward exchange with them just to remind everybody they got the poo poo kicked out of them a year ago and now Statlander is hanging out with them. This is awful

Thank god for the Darby/Drake and the Conti/Bunny matches which were both really good. Aside from that and the Inner Circle segments I don't think there was anything else I liked.

you really are one crabby apple

HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

If anyone is interested all the amazing AEW shirts including the new sting shirt are done by this guy

He also is the person who designed Cody’s neck tattoo

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Matt has been booked pretty consistently by AEW as the EMOTIONS guy for the last year+ I've been watching.

I know nothing of their other work.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Jordan7hm posted:

Mox and Eddie are changing the focus to the Bucks. And then Mox’ll go somewhere else after that and they’ll have the bad blood between Mox / Omega slip away for a bit, only to resurface later on when it’s relevant to the story again.

I can see there being a Mox vs. Hangman match sooner than later to figure out who is going to take on Kenny at the next PPV.

Also, wouldn't mind Mox and Kingston screwing over the Bucks next week so we can get the Death Triangle/Best Friends title feud.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Kenny was talking to the cups

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

"Hikaru Shida was at ringside for this match for some reason."

they tagged together last week ...

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Also think Hangman is gonna challenge sooner rather than later (and almost certainly come up short). Otherwise he probably would've lost tonight.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Duke Pukem posted:

"Hikaru Shida was at ringside for this match for some reason."

they tagged together last week ...

F4W guy is very perceptive and always picks up on stuff

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

follow that ricochet

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
watching dynamite also reminds me just how badly i want real crowds back

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
The Bucks also had a (hilariously fun) 3 months where they were just superkicking everyone in AEW and throwing money in their face and I wish they'd just go back to that instead of being the Anxious Anchor in whatever plot they're involved with

HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

I’m bummed they are doing blood and guts in Florida
I’ve had tickets to New Jersey blood and guts show since February 2020

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

HOT! New Memes posted:

same

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

smarxist posted:

The Bucks also had a (hilariously fun) 3 months where they were just superkicking everyone in AEW and throwing money in their face and I wish they'd just go back to that instead of being the Anxious Anchor in whatever plot they're involved with

Theory: The Bucks took the wrong message from the fan reaction to the Hangman-Elite story and thought "Wow, people love melodrama and shades of grey and slow-burn storytelling about the dissolution of friendships!" when people actually just liked Hangman

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
EDIT: ^lmao timing

I'm just ready for the brighter tomorrow when Hangman Page is my champion and he tells the Bucks to eat poo poo and then he posts on Something Awful and says "Shinjobi you are my best friend"

Any day now...

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

I am glad that the Elite/Bullet Club drama is contained into its own storyline instead of dominating the entire show like the nWo did in WCW for a while.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

SonicRulez posted:

Thought it was a good show, but I dunno. I always think it's a good show, some weeks are just better than others. Tomorrow afternoon ought to be interesting. Next week looks stellar. Lots of hype for that.
I'm definitely expecting less arguments about the rating itt this week, though next week should be extremely interesting in that regard

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

If Mox isn’t winning the title back then I want to see Kenny feud with a young up and coming guy he hasn’t had more than a match with like Jungle Boy, or Ricky Starks. Otherwise a match with Kingston could be really good.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I like melodrama and will they won’t they soap opera poo poo.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Power Windows posted:

I am glad that the Elite/Bullet Club drama is contained into its own storyline instead of dominating the entire show like the nWo did in for a while.

god it was so bad right after it crested, it'd be like hour 3 of Nitro and they'd be like "now Lex Luger and Konnan are gonna cut a promo for 12 minutes about why the nWo is going to beat Ice Train & Hugh Morrus"

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
The show was fine, but wasn't the blowout that last week was.

I'm a bit cold on the Bucks at the moment, so I'm not really invested.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

~ Hangmin vs Caster: A layer cake of whatever. Continue to have no idea what Caster brings to the table. I feel like Hangman needed a bigger signature win than Matt Hardy before beginning his run at the world title but plans probably got changed in the worst way possible.

~Jericho promo: Nuclear fire. Jericho is the wikipedia picture under 'problematic fave'.

~Jurassic Express vs Bear Country. Fun. Probably won't remember it next week.

~Death Triangle/Best Friends promo. I think they mix the theme music down (or however audio works) so people can hear the announcers more clearly. Because OC's song seemed to get quieter once the booth started talking. Otherwise I love everybody involved but there wasn't much here.

~QT promo. He might not be the best talker but drat if QT didn't get his point across. Agogo has swagger in spades but it's the same thing I said about Jade: I'm not earmarking him as anything 0 matches into his career (or 2 matches for that matter).

~Darby vs Drake. Not exactly seeing Kevin Steen/Vader out of Drake but I haven't been watching Dark so maybe I don't have enough of a frame of reference. As I mentioned earlier I almost think JR could mix it up at this point in his career and maybe manage some of these meat and potatoes guys he seems so high on. And I say this as somebody who doesn't even think JR needs to be turfed out. (And Jake Hager. I mean we just to accept that none of us will ever love anything as much as JR loves the University of Oklahoma).

~Sting/Archer. Very good. But holy poo poo Jake what has happened to you? You cut one fire promo on Cody and suddenly it's like you've forgotten how to think. I mean I know it's probably rhetorical (drugs, chronic pain) but drat. Were Jake's old promos more problematic that we thought and he just can't dance on the minefield of modern-day communication?

~Tay/Bunny. If the B&B thing ever ends Bunny would fit right into Chaos Project. Her screaming has a super Luther vibe. Tay has gotten even more impressive since the time the forums starting coming around on her but I was still unconvinced.

~Red Velvet promo. She's good but you compare her to Jade and the optics are really out-of-this-world in favor of Jade.

~Christian and Taz. Sure. It definitely beats Team Taz talking about 'there are no problems with Team Taz' over and over again for weeks on end.
~Team Taz on problems with Team Taz: Spoke too soon. But this time it felt like something happened. Taz getting on Ricky for instigating was a welcome change. So Ricky/Cage and maybe Cage gets to put Will Hobbs (and maybe Hook) through their paces.

~The Main. Like I said around the time Charles the Butler happened I really don't care for reluctant heels but man this match was a classic of the old 'friends reconcile in the ring' trope. Except inverted because it's not usually the heels who do that. Bucks vs Mox and Kingston will be fire but please, for the love of GOD drop the titles to Death Triangle next week so the rest of the tag division stops being treated like burner feuds. (This absolutely won't happen). I mean Mox and Kingston as tag champs? Great, buuuuut why assemble the greatest tag team division in the history of professional wrestling if you're gonna keep giving the belts to singles guys?

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

this felt like the worst kind of episode to put up against a basically free PPV if your intention was to out-do them

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

HOT! New Memes posted:

:same:

Mohawk Potato
Jan 15, 2008

Crapple! posted:

they can't squeeze in a moment to build to the title match against Pac and Fenix. And when they eventually do circle back around to that match

So uh I'm guessing people just kinda forgot PAC has been out with a foot injury. Like the match was supposed to happen like 2 weeks ago but they were waiting on PAC's foot.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Coaaab posted:

I'm definitely expecting less arguments about the rating itt this week, though next week should be extremely interesting in that regard

The war is over, there is no need to post about ratings ever again after this week.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Tay Conti should beat Shida
Lance Archer should beat Darby

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Episode was very ok. I hope and think the best friends were foreshadowing that death triangle is beating the bucks. Best Friends and Death Triangle would look goofy if that became the feud right after Death Triangle lost. In that case the Best Friends would just go for the titles.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I will agree that the Bucks need the drop the titles if they're gonna gently caress around with the bullet club stuff

Also seriously, they're just not going to build up that TNA title match at all, huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Jordan7hm posted:

I like melodrama and will they won’t they soap opera poo poo.

I think it's good in doses — I liked the main event! — but the Young Bucks have basically been wishy-washy alignment wise for more than a year. Played heel in the Hangman-Omega match, went face for Stadium Stampede, started superkicking people during the build to the FTR match only to stay face in the end, teased out a Bad Friend angle with Brandon Cutler for Dark. They've been teasing joining up with heel Kenny since All Out...seven months ago!