Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
If your GF can beat SNES zeldas and Play overcooked 2 but has no real experience with 3D games where you operate a camera... how is It Takes Two.

Follow Up, can I use a DS4 or do I need a second DualSense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

bows1 posted:

If your GF can beat SNES zeldas and Play overcooked 2 but has no real experience with 3D games where you operate a camera... how is It Takes Two.

You need a second dualsense if you play PS5 games but should be able to use a DS4 for PS4 games on your PS5.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

bows1 posted:

You need dualsenses for all PS5 native games, I'm pretty sure.

It's probably fine? There are a couple sections so far where we've had to swap controllers, but nothing that required both players to be good at the same time.

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

bows1 posted:

It's fine, unless my wife finds out about her, and my "take two", then I'm "overcooked..."

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
the dialogue in Soulstorm is very, very bad and there is an awful lot of it

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Oxxidation posted:

the dialogue in Soulstorm is very, very bad and there is an awful lot of it

Yeah, it's unfortunate. It's really elevated by the buggy sound design too.

Idgi because I don't remember any of the other games having bad VA or anything. Abe sounds way off and most of the other mudokens sound like people they dragged in off the street.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Hey I see Disco Elysium got updated today. How did this patch fare in fixing it? I've been waiting to start it until they smooth it out.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The fact I need to leave 60+ gigs free on an already small drive for updates is frustrating to say the least.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

Policenaut posted:

Hey I see Disco Elysium got updated today. How did this patch fare in fixing it? I've been waiting to start it until they smooth it out.

It's better in that at least I could complete the broken quest I was stuck on. But there are still some bugs and the interface is still wonky.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

MarcusSA posted:

The fact I need to leave 60+ gigs free on an already small drive for updates is frustrating to say the least.

I ended up buying a 5TB external to move poo poo to.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
So how loud is everyone's drive on this thing? I put in a Hitman 2 disc, the first since getting the co sole, and the thing sounded....well, loudest than I think it should've. I have it vertical, if it matters. Makes me concerned about putting in any discs in the future.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Morpheus posted:

So how loud is everyone's drive on this thing? I put in a Hitman 2 disc, the first since getting the co sole, and the thing sounded....well, loudest than I think it should've. I have it vertical, if it matters. Makes me concerned about putting in any discs in the future.

general consensus is that the disc drive is where the designers cheaped out, and it sure sounds that way when the thing gets spinning. makes me afraid it's going to rattle something loose inside the console

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Morpheus posted:

i put a mouse pad beneath the vertical stand

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Policenaut posted:

Are you playing on a PS5? Cause it seems like I’ve had way better luck than people playing on PS4, but I also ran into the same annoying bug that Regy Rusty did that wouldn’t let me advance with a quest and kept looping dialogue, but when I came back to it today it worked. The interface stuff isn’t really buggy, I don’t think, it’s just not that well designed. Once you understand how it works it’s not really an issue.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Unexpected, but I am having a blast with the free zombie game. I have a reputation for literally accidentally falling asleep during Co-Op shooters, but something about this one just scratches the right itch. It feels a lot like resident evil mercenaries in the gameplay dept. to me. Just really similar camera placement, shooting, animation etc and I loved those, so I am pretty sure that's what it is. It's not like, amazing but the levels are huuge and pretty diverse and the gameplay is fun. You gotta crank the difficulty though. Great freebie.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

veni veni veni posted:

I have a reputation for literally accidentally falling asleep during Co-Op shooters

:hmmyes: explains all those lost tlou matches

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Oxxidation posted:

general consensus is that the disc drive is where the designers cheaped out, and it sure sounds that way when the thing gets spinning. makes me afraid it's going to rattle something loose inside the console

Mine is audible but definitely less than the PS4 Pro. I haven't used any PC disc drives in a while but I'd say its completely okay for a high-spinning drive with an open slot. No rattling, no whining, just a soft low swooshing sound. The games easily drown it out.

I only installed and played Demon Souls so far though. Will do more testing with other games.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

veni veni veni posted:

Unexpected, but I am having a blast with the free zombie game. I have a reputation for literally accidentally falling asleep during Co-Op shooters, but something about this one just scratches the right itch. It feels a lot like resident evil mercenaries in the gameplay dept. to me. Just really similar camera placement, shooting, animation etc and I loved those, so I am pretty sure that's what it is. It's not like, amazing but the levels are huuge and pretty diverse and the gameplay is fun. You gotta crank the difficulty though. Great freebie.

That sounds pretty great actually! One question, how emotionally developed are the zombies? After TLOU2 I just can’t play another game where the zombies are mindless and stumble around like they’re practically half dead.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

John Wick of Dogs posted:

The only mmo that ever got hooks in me was WoW and only in a summer where there weren't any particularly good console releases. Never gone back.

I think if I got FF14, that might hook me though.

FF14 is the first MMO I played since FF11, which was a terrible game

I loved FF14 but it was a combination of

1. Extreme lockdowns where I live (at one point you could not leave your house for 3 weeks and our work asked us to take a vacation too - so why not play an MMO)
2. As lockdowns lifted it was still really hard to see friends irl so lots of weekends were spent doing stuff as a group ingame on a group call
3. I really like FF games and the "campaign" is basically a huuuuge single player FF story. There isn't actually much "mmo" before you get to the endgame at all

As soon as lockdowns were over I stopped playing and eventually cancelled my sub, but I did enjoy the game a lot and will be back when they release the next expansion

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
Destiny 2 looks and runs great on the PS5. It's really pretty and the guns feel good. But, I won't play it because there's just too much content, and I am completely overwhelmed on where to go and what to do. I just don't have the time to get so deep into something which has 100's of missions, items, XP events and all that stuff.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

cvnvcnv posted:

I was all in on this 14 game until that. Shame, especially since I wouldn't mind spending hundreds and then buying a bunch of cosmetics if I were to own the content.

To be fair, if you actually played through all the content that comes with the free trial you'd either be hooked enough to pay it or you didn't finish the free content cause it wasn't your thing.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Just having a look at upcoming releases and it's pretty sparse till the end of the year.

Man I hope Returnal turns out good. I'm way too much of a lil' bitch to play through Resi 8 - couldn't get through 7 because I'm no good with jump scares.

:edit: I am saying this while I still have like 10 games to start and finish

Aipsh fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Apr 8, 2021

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Dunno what I'm even looking forward to the for the rest of the year other than RE8 and PS4 game Nier

Mari Golf I guess but wrong thread

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ratchet and gow

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh yeah GoW 2 and Horizon 2 if they make this year, Ratchet eh, I like 3D platformers but not enough to pay Sony first party game prices so that'll be awhile for me.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I know it's more of a TPS but still occupies the same place in my brain as Sly and Jak

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Blind Rasputin posted:

That sounds pretty great actually! One question, how emotionally developed are the zombies? After TLOU2 I just can’t play another game where the zombies are mindless and stumble around like they’re practically half dead.

Buddy I got bad news for you: Zombies? They're full dead.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
Having restarted rdr2 on the ps5 with the aim of axtually finishing it this time, I've burnt out super quickly. There is so much to love about the game in terms of visuals, grandeur, dialogue and, to a lesser extent, plot, I just find the missions so at odds with the tone of the rest of the game that playing them makes me feel actively unhappy.

You wonder around the wilderness, pontificating on the nature of time and mortality and change, admiring the stunning scenery, soaking up the atmosphere and then you KILL A HUNDRED PEOPLE and then you continue to wander around the wilderness, maybe visiting a small town, tipping your hat to people, visit the local stores, take a bath then you KILL TWO HUNDRED PEOPLE and then you share tales, fears and hopes by the camp fire, go on a langorous fishing trip, before going taking a ride with your companions, making wise cracks and speculating what the futures going to look like and then you KILL A HUNDRED PEOPLE and so on.

Every mission being a massacre is just repetitive, boring and completely jarring.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Oops

https://twitter.com/deathloop/status/1380160357872861185

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Dammit, I was gonna get that as a birthday present for myself

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Not surprising. The full effect of covid will be felt on a lot of games this year. Vaccine rollouts aren't great in Europe and Canada right now.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Maybe it's sabotage from Bethesda's new owners 👀

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

boz posted:

To be fair, if you actually played through all the content that comes with the free trial you'd either be hooked enough to pay it or you didn't finish the free content cause it wasn't your thing.

In my case I just moved on at a nice break point.
I spent 70 hours with the free trial and got about half way through it. It's kind of nice that I can pick it back up later in the year and get another full final fantasy game out of it without having to pay.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

No one wants to be the next Cyberpunk

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Maybe it's sabotage from Bethesda's new owners 👀

hahah they wouldnt do that hahah def don't look up any kojima news today hahaha everything is fine haha

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Vikar Jerome posted:

hahah they wouldnt do that hahah def don't look up any kojima news today hahaha everything is fine haha

Is this the thing about the newly announced PS5 exclusive, Abandoned? Kojima isn't involved in that project, and is apparently talking to Microsoft about his next game for Xbox and PC.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I said come in! posted:

Is this the thing about the newly announced PS5 exclusive, Abandoned? Kojima isn't involved in that project, and is apparently talking to Microsoft about his next game for Xbox and PC.

It's the Xbox thing

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
he probably wants to do that cloud game he was talking about before stadia canned him. tho the way it reads it sounds like phil wants it more but nothing is set.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Sakurazuka posted:

No one wants to be the next Cyberpunk

Cyberpunk did exactly this in a very similar "public letter" format to boot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Gort posted:

Cyberpunk did exactly this in a very similar "public letter" format to boot

Nah they gotta add in something about how they're not greedy like all those other game devs first.