Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What are you hitting monsters with?
Bow
Charge Blade
Dual Blades
Great Sword
Gunlance
Hammer
Heavy Bowgun
Hunting Horn
Insect Glaive
Lance
Light Bowgun
Longsword
Switch Axe
Sword and Shield
View Results

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.

Deviant posted:

gently caress yall

where's my seregios

:colbert:

Hell yeah, I miss seregios and his wild rear end weapons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
This is my returning monster wishlist for Rise

Astalos
Gammoth
Seregios
Lagiacrus
Gore Magala
Nerscylla
Seltas
Deviljho
Brachydios
Najarala
Qurupeco
Odogaron
Radobaan
Urugaan
Bazelguese

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Eleeleth posted:

Hell yeah, I miss seregios and his wild rear end weapons.

light bowgun + evade extender + evade window

yall sit over there and play bloodborne, i'll be over here playing The Matrix

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Zore posted:

Bazelguese

I despised this guy for so long in World until it looped right back around to affection. It helped that his theme was absolutely perfect.

Once I got used to him I'd just be happy to see him, like an old buddy showing up to make everything explode.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

there's a lot of fun monsters they could add since the maps seem a bit friendlier to most skeletons. having leviathans in itself is a good sign. i want to see some crabs come back.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Johnny Joestar posted:

there's a lot of fun monsters they could add since the maps seem a bit friendlier to most skeletons. having leviathans in itself is a good sign. i want to see some crabs come back.

Fond memories of getting bitch slapped by Daimyo Hermitaur while this plays.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRIdI5oAZFM

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
are there any more obvious japan themed monsters to add?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Zore posted:

Bazelguese

I really, really want his theme in Rise's style.

He'd be perfect for the earplugs set. I miss Bazel so I hope this happens.

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

wheres the coolest goddamned monster they ever made: valstrax?????

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Blockhouse posted:

Odogaron isn't japan themed, but the armor is. There's also Lao, but I don't think anyone wants him back.

lightrook
Nov 7, 2016

Pin 188

Blockhouse posted:

Kirin is the obvious one, and a fan favorite too.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
yo where the gently caress do i get a bullfango head

Iverron
May 13, 2012

why do they wait so long to give SnS access to Metsu Shoryugeki, poo poo rocks

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Farg posted:

yo where the gently caress do i get a bullfango head

They're wandering around in the abandoned houses in the shrine ruins. The big pigs just kill and carve em.

Collector cats can also steal them.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Blockhouse posted:

Amatsu from portable 3rd, but its kinda just the same type of thing as Narwa and Ibushi

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

Magna Kaser posted:

wheres the coolest goddamned monster they ever made: valstrax?????

Valstrax and its theme is so good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOlPIHIe2rM

More people need to experience it zooming into the sky, circling around, and then breaking the sound barrier on its dive.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

I know I am literally the only person on earth that wants this but I'm still holding out hope for Paolumu and Angry American Box Art Kirby Nightshade Paolumu. :unsmith:

(also yes please gimme Bazel back, he was the first thing I carted to in World and I have a grudging respect and rivalry with the B-52.)

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Zore posted:

They're wandering around in the abandoned houses in the shrine ruins. The big pigs just kill and carve em.

Collector cats can also steal them.

low or high rank?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Kyrosiris posted:

I know I am literally the only person on earth that wants this but I'm still holding out hope for Paolumu and Angry American Box Art Kirby Nightshade Paolumu. :unsmith:

(also yes please gimme Bazel back, he was the first thing I carted to in World and I have a grudging respect and rivalry with the B-52.)

Paolumu is very good and I'd be very happy to see that fluffy puffball come back

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Farg posted:

low or high rank?

I know they definitely drop in LR since I built up a stock there. Not sure if they do in HR

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I was kind of surprised they didn't recycle some of the alternate forms they already had from World, like Black Diablos. It's free content for you, Jim

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Generations also didn't have any subspecies, and it was better for it. They cordoned all the palette swaps to the deviant section where you could rightfully ignore them.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

still waiting for a next gen Yian Kut-ku what the hell crapcom

while you're at it bring Garuga from world too, thanks

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Alxprit posted:

Generations also didn't have any subspecies, and it was better for it. They cordoned all the palette swaps to the deviant section where you could rightfully ignore them.

They had a few; Raging Brachy, Furious Rajang, Savage Jho and the traditional Gold/Silver Rath combo

Also arguably Chaotic Gore though thats sort of its own thing.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

What's the odds they turn the giant demon snail friend in Frost Islands into a monster to fight?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Zore posted:

They had a few; Raging Brachy, Furious Rajang, Savage Jho and the traditional Gold/Silver Rath combo

Also arguably Chaotic Gore though thats sort of its own thing.

:goonsay: Those are variants, not subspecies. But yes, they did exist.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

What's the difference between a subspecies and a variant? Are Azure and Pink Raths subspecies?

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Malfestio or riot, especially in a game with cohoots

Also that last fight is awful holy poo poo. I know people are getting it down to sub 5 minutes, but that doesn't make it any less bad. At least it's just fulfilling the tradition, I guess.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
I got a wex 2 2* deco charm from the gacha what now

Tabletops fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Apr 8, 2021

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Weaker/non-endgame monsters as part of an update feels like it'd be a bit odd - at least in contrast to how World sort of made every update, mostly harder/top-end stuff.

Like, what purpose would Great Jagras serve if added in a few weeks? There's already a fairly good progression through the early/mid game. I guess more monsters might still mean more armor/skill combinations. Lower-end monsters could provide good skills with the tradeoff of having lower max armor values?

I certainly wouldn't mind seeing more then just super tough elders and the such, if only to bulk out the roster so that when it drops on other platforms it feels a bit more like an Ultimate edition or w/e where the whole roster is expanded?

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Oxyclean posted:

Weaker/non-endgame monsters as part of an update feels like it'd be a bit odd - at least in contrast to how World sort of made every update, mostly harder/top-end stuff.

Like, what purpose would Great Jagras serve if added in a few weeks? There's already a fairly good progression through the early/mid game. I guess more monsters might still mean more armor/skill combinations. Lower-end monsters could provide good skills with the tradeoff of having lower max armor values?

I certainly wouldn't mind seeing more then just super tough elders and the such, if only to bulk out the roster so that when it drops on other platforms it feels a bit more like an Ultimate edition or w/e where the whole roster is expanded?

I think that's where rampage steps in, because having an Apex Greatest Jagras show up and just swallow gates whole would be very funny.

Also if they can find room for loving Ludroth in this game, then anything is game. Poor sponge boy is completely unprepared for wirebugs.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Electric Phantasm posted:

What's the difference between a subspecies and a variant? Are Azure and Pink Raths subspecies?

I literally have no idea. I thought a variant was just a bigger stronger version that didn't change them that much, while a subspecies changed something vital about them, like how Coral Pukei-Pukei (a subspecies) has all water instead of poison, but Shrieking Legiana (a variant) still has Ice, but More. But Azure Rathalos and Pink Rathian don't change their element or affinity at all, so... shrug.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Electric Phantasm posted:

it literally doesn't matter despite what someone might try to say. they just kinda use whatever term.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Tabletops posted:

I got a wex 2 2* deco charm from the gacha what now

you may now equip a different waist. congrats

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Charge blade turns into a giant axe?!?!!??!

wait till you see the switchaxe

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

MMF Freeway posted:

you may now equip a different waist. congrats

I’ve been playing gun lance since the beginning of HR and have no idea how to build other things now. Also gun lance is awesome now. All the changes are so good.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

lightrook posted:

Kirin is the obvious one, and a fan favorite too.

Kirin needs an overhaul because if he's just like he was in World he'll be even more of a joke given how mobile wirebugs have made everyone.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Blockhouse posted:

Tetsucabra. I'm honestly surprised it's not already in, considering the baby one in the hub.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Kilazar posted:

gently caress piercing shot gunners. No matter where I go I am getting flinched cause I swear they are just lining up to nail me. I am on the side of the tail so the fucker lines up on the opposite side of the tail instead of the length of the monster

And no I can't equip flinch free cause the melding pot refuses to spit one out and I don't see a flinch free option in decos I can make.

Fight Zinogre and Mizutsune in high rank to unlock Flinch Free decos (aka Brace, it's one slot).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Oxyclean posted:

There are two things I'd bet money on: One is that additions will be Apex Rajang or whatever turbohardmode bullshit that possibly requires a group. The other is that when it releases on PC they'll still trickle additions out in the same way despite it all being known already. It's like putting an impossible hellgrind at the end of your otherwise good game - Capcom just can't stop.