Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I really really want to like Expeditions because they look like they will scratch the exact same itch that Diablo 3 rifts did, but matchmaking is hosed and solo is a miserable experience!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Should I just let my world tier continue to increase as I go through the story or is there a point where I should just set it to a certain level and worry about world tier at end game?

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Rad Valtar posted:

Should I just let my world tier continue to increase as I go through the story or is there a point where I should just set it to a certain level and worry about world tier at end game?
Let it keep increasing, turn it down a notch or two temporarily if you have trouble anywhere.

World tier does not affect expedition tier at endgame. The only real reason to push to WT14/15 is for the free legendaries.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

I'm just keeping it at max and turning it down a notch or two if I hit a fight that really kicks my rear end and slows my progress. At level 28/WT8 right now.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Keep in mind that when the world tier increases and the enemy level increases, your maximum item level also increases too. As long as you keep leveling up your gear (blue gear doesn't use titanium for level ups so it is cheap), you shouldn't have too much problems in the campaign. I only had to drop the world tier down a level a few times when it jumped in the middle of a hard quest or when I had to fight a boss that was very incompatible with my gear/skills and I beat the game at WT14.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Also, pay attention to your item sub-stats. If all your items have status damage and you don't have any weapons or abilities that apply bleed/burn/toxic, then you are really restricting your damage output. Those items that give close/long range damage are like gold.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

The Walrus posted:

Dying also decreases your WT

Yeah that's why i'm in my 20s and still wt 7 lol

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Dying doesn't decrease it - but it cuts down your world-tier XP gain to something like 1/8th of what you'd get if you survived an encounter.
Same goes for normal XP - if you survive you get the full amount (the shaded portion on your bars) if you die you get peanuts.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

https://twitter.com/SkillUpYT/status/1379658924043890694

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

DarkDobe posted:

Dying doesn't decrease it - but it cuts down your world-tier XP gain to something like 1/8th of what you'd get if you survived an encounter.
Same goes for normal XP - if you survive you get the full amount (the shaded portion on your bars) if you die you get peanuts.

No, I started this morning 3/4 to wt 8, and now I'm down to 1/4 towards wt 8. Maybe that only happens on boss battles?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

DarkDobe posted:

Dying definitely makes you lose WT xp. In the demo I farmed the Terra Infirma quest captain at the end. I went from almost WT6 to about 1/8th of the way into WT5.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Hahaha, the scrap grenade mod bugs out mid expedition, which is a shame because its most of my damage, keeps eating into my time. Can almost solo gold run T11 but it usually bugs on one of the cutscenes and i have to go to a different weapon.

ACValiant
Sep 7, 2005

Huh...? Oh, this? Nah, don't worry. Just in the middle of some messy business.
Oof, I'm playing technomancer and the blight rounds sound effect hurts the hell out of my ears. Is there an eq setting I could change on my headphones that would lessen it? It like pierces my brain.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

ACValiant posted:

Oof, I'm playing technomancer and the blight rounds sound effect hurts the hell out of my ears. Is there an eq setting I could change on my headphones that would lessen it? It like pierces my brain.

i have my master volume at 1 and my effects volume at 5 and it's still so loving loud it's all i can hear

enigmatikone
Sep 30, 2009

dogstile posted:

Hahaha, the scrap grenade mod bugs out mid expedition, which is a shame because its most of my damage, keeps eating into my time. Can almost solo gold run T11 but it usually bugs on one of the cutscenes and i have to go to a different weapon.

After the cutscene use a skill first before shooting

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

DarkDobe posted:

Nah, they dont take your exp away when you die. They only deny you world exp so you still level up.

Mailer posted:

List of games in which nerfing didn't just move the goalposts and instead defeated the natural human tendency to pick the better option:

Sven coop? Some people do play nyx in warframe so it is possible.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Apr 8, 2021

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
CT13 is absolutely dribbling hot wax down my urethra as a technomancer, I just need like, one or two upgrades so I'm not instantly loving killed if I get frozen or knocked back for a half second

Otherwise I'm mowing the dudes down easy as anything, but if I'm not shooting I am made of wet paper

It owns I love this game

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe

Frustrated posted:

didn't think to try and punch them. My friend and I were on WT 15 and had to drop down to 11 to beat it. We were both running anomaly builds and both the pyro and demo skills wouldn't damage the dumb orbs.

Pretty sure he does it on a timer and it’s interruptable. I just saved Overheat for it on my anomaly build and got through him second time. They are overwhelming if you let them build up though, and I didn’t know they were melee-able.

Just be mindful that he likes to be tricky and cast orbs right after he summons berserkers to distract you in the second phase.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

CT13 is absolutely dribbling hot wax down my urethra as a technomancer, I just need like, one or two upgrades so I'm not instantly loving killed if I get frozen or knocked back for a half second

Otherwise I'm mowing the dudes down easy as anything, but if I'm not shooting I am made of wet paper

It owns I love this game

I read this yesterday but haven’t tried it. Going to tonight to see if it’s true. Reset the hunts so all 10 are available then beat 9 of them at wt1. The last one move your wt up to max and then beat it. Turn them all in and all the rewards will be at the wt you beat the last hunt at.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Nalin posted:

Also, pay attention to your item sub-stats. If all your items have status damage and you don't have any weapons or abilities that apply bleed/burn/toxic, then you are really restricting your damage output. Those items that give close/long range damage are like gold.

I beat around this in one of my earlier posts but this is so super crucial. I realized that on my Ability Power build I swapped out new armor that didn't have ability power anymore and it absolutely loving sucked, even though it was more armor. It's easy to not realize how important substats are at lower levels, but they become crazy important by late game.

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.
The network was down at work today (and I was working from home) so I played a lot of this today and I’m digging it. I’m actually interested in the story and I love how over the bullshit the male lead is — literally just “shut the gently caress up and let me go do this bullshit you’ve asked me to do. “

Playing Pyro and I’ve dedicated my entire build to the bomb talent — 20% bigger detonation, can cast it twice before it goes on cool down, deals an additional 550 damage when it hits, and burns all enemies nearby. It’s basically fire it into a crowd and watch the guy instantly explode and take out his buddies. It’s amazing.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Kaddish posted:

The nice thing about bleed is the constant health regen from multiple sources. With vampire etc mods you're basically immortal unless some serious damage comes down. Just keep shooting and punching, for eternity.

Bleed has been pretty trash for me. I took all the bleed class nodes and even used the tier 3 weapon bleed mod and didn't notice a difference in healing or damage.

I've been better off taking the extra 4 meters for close distance. It buffs the inherent skill of healing when an enemy dies close by.

I'd like to try the armor build some day but I'm getting three stars on expedition 14 solo with the anomaly earthquake build.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I've been getting crashes when in the Outriders' camp and leaving my inventory screen. Odd.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
So I got to Challenge Tier 15 and suddenly enemies can actually kill me. I do actually notice a huge survivability boost when I put bleed on a bunch of things (I put it on Earthquake), so that's a thing I guess.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

RisqueBarber posted:

Bleed has been pretty trash for me. I took all the bleed class nodes and even used the tier 3 weapon bleed mod and didn't notice a difference in healing or damage.

I've been better off taking the extra 4 meters for close distance. It buffs the inherent skill of healing when an enemy dies close by.

I'd like to try the armor build some day but I'm getting three stars on expedition 14 solo with the anomaly earthquake build.

Don't completely write off bleed

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Status effects are heavily influenced by your anomaly power. So you may not noticed that big of dmg if your say top tree or your not running anomaly power on all your gear pieces.

Then with status on your armor and gun you can get a crazy increase on top of that and then class points also.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Apr 8, 2021

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
For me the first big noticeable jump was CT9 to CT10, woof. Slowly leveling up my gear and having to make sure they have the attributes I want for once.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Tenzarin posted:

Status effects are heavily influenced by your anomaly power. So you may not noticed that big of dmg if your say top tree or your not running anomaly power on all your gear pieces.

Then with status on your armor and gun you can get a crazy increase on top of that and then class points also.

Status effects scale off "status power" as well.

enigmatikone
Sep 30, 2009
If you're looking to farm blues, purples for upgrades to push WT or just grab mats and mods to feed alts don't forget the 8 chest farm at Eagle Peaks ( speak to Jacob to leave for Deadrock Pass story point, then quick travel to Bunker Heights flag ). A good place to grind out level exp and WT is the First City story point: Reach the other side of the river. You just clean out the perforo horde, rinse and repeat.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

enigmatikone posted:

If you're looking to farm blues, purples for upgrades to push WT or just grab mats and mods to feed alts don't forget the 8 chest farm at Eagle Peaks ( speak to Jacob to leave for Deadrock Pass story point, then quick travel to Bunker Heights flag ). A good place to grind out level exp and WT is the First City story point: Reach the other side of the river. You just clean out the perforo horde, rinse and repeat.

Yeah the river crossing remains super easy and super generous no matter what point you're at - just remember to actually finish it, no dying-reset on that if you are after WT

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Floppychop posted:

Don't completely write off bleed

11 million damage seems bad. You're doing more with your weapon mod alone.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

RisqueBarber posted:

It being 15% of my total isn't "bad" considering the main reason I make things bleed is to trigger effects that let me do X% more damage to enemies affected by bleed.

And Scrap Grenade is obscenely good. I fully expect it to get nerfed.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

RisqueBarber posted:

Weapon procs carry alot of weight for anomaly power builds.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

RisqueBarber posted:

My rank III lightning proc is the #2 damage source in my Blight Rounds build, behind Blight Rounds.

Weapon mods can be pretty ridiculous.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Only 3.6 gigs of crashes

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I completely respecced my Trickster from having points spread all over the place to just putting all my current 13 skill points into the lowest tree. You'd think that removing points from survivability etc would make it rougher, but things are dying a lot faster and I feel like I'm doing a lot better.

I went from "bad times at WT6" to "WT7 ain't no thing" with one respec and I feel comfortable pushing higher WTs now.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
Not sure if I believe there's actually a role for Sniper Rifles in this game. Maybe once in a blue moon, but assault rifles have plenty of reach and have the benefit of not leaving you completely blind to the melee creeps rushing you while you try to scope the perfect head shot. I get WAY better production out of Toxic on a submachine gun than on a scoped sniper rifle, auto or single-action. The non-scoped hunting rifles are pretty good, but they're still no match for a tactical submachine gun just vomiting Toxic on anything that comes near you (and having fast reload to boot).

I dunno. In a different game, I'd see snipers being more fun, but the arenas are generally so small that I only pull mine out as a novelty now. There's really not a need for long-range sniping.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

RisqueBarber posted:

Scrap grenade is ridiculously OP

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
This just in Shamans are some loving bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Raged posted:

This just in Shamans are some loving bullshit
I'm convinced there are some actual errors with those guys because their damage and HP numbers feel insanely high vs everything else on the same WT as them.