Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Never heard of this but looks good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

quote:

The web manga centers around Bojji, a deaf, powerless prince who cannot even wield a children's sword. As the firstborn son, he strives hard and dreams of becoming the world's greatest king. However, people mutter about him behind his back as "a good-for-nothing prince" and "no way he can be king."

Bojji is able to make his first ever friend, "Kage" (shadow) — a literal shadow on the ground who somehow understands Bojji well. (Kage is a survivor of the Kage assassin clan that was all but wiped out. No longer a killer, Kage now makes ends meet by stealing.) The story follows Bojji's coming-of-age as he meets various people in his life, starting with his fateful encounter with Kage.

Sounds like the premiere feels anime of the fall

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice

Sindai posted:

I for one look forward to the adventures of a girl and her possessed murder scooter.

Seriously how does one of those kill three people?

I don't drive a scooter but I do bike. I can see it as I've gotten into at least two accidents.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I really liked with Super Cub how it had a very muted colour scheme and then she gets on the bike and everything brightens up. That’s some good imagery.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Super Cub was great and probably my favorite 1st episode so far this season

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The TWEWY anime is dropping and replacing its OP track a day before air due to an unspecified scandal regarding a member of the band.
https://twitter.com/TWEWY_PR/status/1380027578690412545?s=19

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Where does Bin Laden rank?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Motto posted:

The TWEWY anime is dropping and replacing its OP track a day before air due to an unspecified scandal regarding a member of the band.
https://twitter.com/TWEWY_PR/status/1380027578690412545?s=19

It'd have to be drugs for it to just get tossed that suddenly.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
perhaps one of the members was in the same room as a joint. it's truly chilling what depths people will sink to.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Depending on how this shakes out the song may end up lost media, which sucks. I wasn't really a fan of it myself, bc it really felt out of place compared to what the game's OST is like, but it still sucks to hear. A lot of really good musicians have gotten exiled for dumb poo poo like this (rip Hideki Taniuchi, your work on Kaiji was incredible), and the fact they're being silent on what the charges are past 'misconduct' is...unfortunately telling.

utamaru
Mar 8, 2008

BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP
That super cub screen really made me miss my Honda Ruckus. Such a good little scooter, might have to check it out.

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

Super Cub was super cute!

e: but i wondered how our protagonist is able to live like she does. would she be a ward of the state? is that a thing in Japan?

wolfs fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Apr 8, 2021

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

wolfs posted:

Super Cub was super cute!

e: but i wondered how our protagonist is able to live like she does. would she be a ward of the state? is that a thing in Japan?

She should have a relative (if a distant one) to watch over her unless she somehow fell through the cracks entirely. Regardless of what anime would have you believe, most orphan Japanese children do not live alone, instead they live in orphanages or in foster care if they're like Koguma.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

They skipped it in the anime, but the manga opens up with her at the city office. Her dad's dead but her mom ran away. She gets on a scholarship for the school and the city offers to take care of the 'bureaucracy' in lieu of any relatives, since there any none that care

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

OnimaruXLR posted:

I wasn't expecting much from Full Dive but surprisingly "What if a VR MMO, but in hardcore realism mode" is actually a pretty comically ripe concept, and hearing it's from the Shinchou Yuusha author gives me hopes it should be able to manage at least a single cours worth of amusement

It was a little hornier than I was expecting (I know, I know, I didn't watch the preview) but I liked where it was going once he hosed everything up.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

OnimaruXLR posted:

I wasn't expecting much from Full Dive but surprisingly "What if a VR MMO, but in hardcore realism mode" is actually a pretty comically ripe concept, and hearing it's from the Shinchou Yuusha author gives me hopes it should be able to manage at least a single cours worth of amusement
Uhh what the hell? Looks like they're trying to mix jokes and fanservice into a Grimgar setting? That's not what I was expecting, big yikes

Jackard fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Apr 8, 2021

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

grimgar already had fanservice

source: anytime that one thief girl was onscreen

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Ok, do you get the difference

Bakeneko
Jan 9, 2007

I almost didn’t bother watching it thinking it was going to be a straightforward comedy/parody (you’re not topping Bofuri when it comes to VR-based comedies) but seeing the darker elements actually increased my interest in the show. I doubt it’ll end up being particularly deep, but if it follows in Shinchou Yuusha’s footsteps I expect it to turn in a slightly more serious direction later on.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

ive not seen full dive for whatever the yikes is but I thought grimgar had a whole dang “let’s peak on the girls bathing” joke

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Jackard posted:

Uhh what the hell? Looks like they're trying to mix jokes and fanservice into a Grimgar setting? That's not what I was expecting, big yikes

The promotional materials literally has a girl in a super revealing fantasy outfit. Did you close your eyes before you pressed play?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

even before you get to being bent out of shape about the show having boobs, i'm not sure why Grimgar is the comparison point for a comedy

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Yeah. That too. It’s a comedy about a lovely MMO. It was always billed as one. Why the surprise about jokes? Jokes are a thing a comedy should have.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i've been hoping the news for this series would be an anime, and what do you know

https://twitter.com/MangaMoguraRE/status/1380178251180601346?s=19

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I like the shifting colour palette in SuperCub. It's a very nice little visual touch.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
So has anyone watched the first episode of ZLS Revenge yet? I'm at work so I can't watch it, but I'd like to hear if it's good or not

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Willo567 posted:

So has anyone watched the first episode of ZLS Revenge yet? I'm at work so I can't watch it, but I'd like to hear if it's good or not

It was good.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it was awful.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

dogsicle posted:

it was awful.

what was bad about it

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I've got about a third of the episode left but frankly it's been pretty boring IMO

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

so does this mean that zls revenge probably won't be very good then?

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

dogsicle posted:

it was awful.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

it sounds to me like thread consensus from randos is that the show you’ve been looking forward to for months isn’t good so you shouldn’t bother

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Erg posted:

it sounds to me like thread consensus from randos is that the show you’ve been looking forward to for months isn’t good so you shouldn’t bother

you're being sarcastic right

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I think they're loving with you

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Sakurazuka posted:

I think they're loving with you

i'm going to be completely honest, i have a hard time understanding sarcasm sometimes because i have asperger's, so that's why i asked

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

to realpost: i think in this discourse full environment that exists due twitter/discord/whatever means you should relish the chance to come in to a first ep with no one's opinions tainting your thoughts on a show you very obviously were looking forward to.

soliciting randos opinions for something like that is silly imo

Erg fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Apr 8, 2021

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I mean I was being serious when I said I was bored but I wasn't as into S1 as most people anyway so I might just be an aberration

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
you should ask for opinions when it's something you're curious about but not 100% committed to, not when it's a show you've been anticipating and were going to watch anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

The Colonel posted:

you should ask for opinions when it's something you're curious about but not 100% committed to, not when it's a show you've been anticipating and were going to watch anyway

:hai: