Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Ok even without going infinite Volcanic rounds feel busted as gently caress. 3x-4x damage, ignores armor(so it hits even harder against elites), inflicts Burn(with a decent range), marks enemies, AND pierces.

EDIT: Also I'm just crushing parts that I had trouble with as Devastator. Devastator just needs buffs all around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Raged posted:

This just in Shamans are some loving bullshit

I'm just happy there's only 2 in the entire game.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
I just finished the main game and have to agree - Shaman are the ONLY enemies, bosses included, that feel like ridiculous bullet sponges. I can empty two clips of Toxic rounds into them and then have to wait for the refill before I can finish them off. Not. Fun.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Memnaelar posted:

Not sure if I believe there's actually a role for Sniper Rifles in this game.

Like in any other game. "I want that dude shooting at me from the other side of the map to be dead, just now".

Is also a high-damage weapon / burst damage. If you have a skill that mark a enemy to get double the damage from your first shot, is better to shot at him with a shotgun, or a sniper rifle, than with any other weapon, that will do a fraction of the damage. On this game is feasible to use sniper rifles kind of like shotguns, doing bodyshots with a sniper.

High-skill players can chain headshots. With a mod where headshot=no ammo cost. It mean a single mag of 10 bullets will last forever and infinite ammo. While doing the same with a autoweapon is less feasible.

Tei fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Apr 8, 2021

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Maybe it's just me, but I felt like both shotguns and sniper rifles became obsolete very quickly once you start rising up the World Tiers (and Challenge Tiers). Theoretically they offer burst damage, but since everything in the game is ridiculously tanky by that point, you don't get much value out of that.

That said, I wasn't playing one of the classes with a good bullet skill.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Apr 8, 2021

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Floppychop posted:

It being 15% of my total isn't "bad" considering the main reason I make things bleed is to trigger effects that let me do X% more damage to enemies affected by bleed.

And Scrap Grenade is obscenely good. I fully expect it to get nerfed.

I'm saying don't put all your points in bleed skills or mods. If you're truly "making a bleed build" and only getting 15% of your damage, could those points be used somewhere else?

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
Sniper rifles aren't awful for Technomancer, although they aren't worth bringing to monster fights or cramped arenas. I do like bringing one with that weird devil chains mod on it, so I can peg some idiot enemy sniper with one shot, then watch him die from across the room.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Getting 15% of your damage from one out of ten mod slots means you're actually getting above average value from it. You don't need all your moves to do bleed, you just need to have it up consistently. Also, presumably you have the mod that makes you deal 15% more damage to bleeding targets, so roughly 15% of all your other damage is also coming from bleed. So like 27% of the total.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Apr 8, 2021

Cretin90
Apr 10, 2006
Is anyone else playing this on console (I知 on Xbox One X)? I just started last night and feel like the input lag and general imprecision of aiming makes gunplay very frustrating. I may have to switch to PC or just play an anomaly-heavy build.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Clarste posted:

Getting 15% of your damage from one out of ten mod slots means you're actually getting above average value from it. You don't need all your moves to do bleed, you just need to have it up consistently. Also, presumably you have the mod that makes you deal 15% more damage to bleeding targets, so roughly 15% of all your other damage is also coming from bleed. So like 27% of the total.

And how many skill points wasted?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

enigmatikone posted:

If you're looking to farm blues, purples for upgrades to push WT or just grab mats and mods to feed alts don't forget the 8 chest farm at Eagle Peaks ( speak to Jacob to leave for Deadrock Pass story point, then quick travel to Bunker Heights flag ). A good place to grind out level exp and WT is the First City story point: Reach the other side of the river. You just clean out the perforo horde, rinse and repeat.

Do you bother getting to the Alpha, or just the first wave?

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Cretin90 posted:

Is anyone else playing this on console (I知 on Xbox One X)? I just started last night and feel like the input lag and general imprecision of aiming makes gunplay very frustrating. I may have to switch to PC or just play an anomaly-heavy build.

The older gen consoles are only running at 30fps which would make this game extremely difficult for me, I think. On PS5 and the Series consoles it's 60 which is fine.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Tell you the truth seeing 15% more damage from anything is alot better than looking at infinite damage builds.

Look at that clear time too, can't do that with an anomaly power build. Hope they post something about nerfing it today.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Apr 8, 2021

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Did they fix the hud not appearing on launch yet?

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Really hope Devastators get some love soon.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Cretin90 posted:

I played the demo on my series X and yeah, there's a ton of aim acceleration that makes aiming feel terrible. They said they're going to patch in settings for aim acceleration, dead zone, and some other stuff so you can dial it in better, but that might not be coming for a couple weeks.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Upcoming changes got posted earlier than intended.

Farm spots dead, legendaries on bounty repeats dead, bullet skills a wee nerfed and zilch for other skills.

Stanley Pain posted:

Really hope Devastators get some love soon.

Seems like that's a no for now.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
So time to finish some expeditions made harder chem plant(which wasnt the fastest) got nerfed and boom town which was already hard to clear got even harder. Good good, even though there is faster already.

Bullet skills added longer cooldowns and slightly less dmg. Man the cooldown on infinite ammo builds really was the problem with them, right?

No buffs for ap builds.

I don't think they played the game.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Mango Polo posted:

Farm spots dead, legendaries on bounty repeats dead, bullet skills a wee nerfed and zilch for other skills.

That is very underwhelming :(

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I guess I'm playing technomancer forever then.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Tenzarin posted:

So time to finish some expeditions made harder chem plant(which wasnt the fastest) got nerfed and boom town which was already hard to clear got even harder. Good good, even though there is faster already.

Bullet skills added longer cooldowns and slightly less dmg. Man the cooldown on infinite ammo builds really was the problem with them, right?

No buffs for ap builds.

I don't think they played the game.

I was hoping they wouldn't start going this route but they are. Nerfing things and making it harder to gear up so those of us behind the curve already just fall further behind. Like nerfing the cooldown on that skill is a stupid way of fixing the problem.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

Mango Polo posted:

And that's a cool uninstall from me. They needed to bring other skills up along with making the bullet powers balanced, not just dumb blanket nerfs to anything viable at late endgame.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Let me check my handy in-game infomation page.

Ok yup, that confirms it. They did not play the game. Were getting updates for the game based on youtube videos.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Nothing like unnecessary nerfs in a PvE game.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Non-Devastator players when they actually have to play the game now.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Don't worry for the next week we will get videos about you should now do colosseum and stargrave.

And the week after that we wont.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

fadam posted:

Non-Devastator players when they actually have to play the game now.

You know this does nothing to stop infinite dmg builds right?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Cool, let's make it harder to get loot in a game that a lot of folks play single player.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

This whole "only nerf, never buff" poo poo is annoying and unnecessary in a PVE game. Great way to take the wind out of a lot of players' sails.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Presumably this isn't the last time they're ever going to touch the game.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Dang, I didn稚 get a chance to redo the hunts/bounties.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

stop being so mean to devastators

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Well we won't have to keep kicking them out soon as they reroll to a good class.

Cretin90
Apr 10, 2006

Bardeh posted:

The older gen consoles are only running at 30fps which would make this game extremely difficult for me, I think. On PS5 and the Series consoles it's 60 which is fine.

This is problematic, but I can handle 30 fps on a non-competitive game like this that I play co-op. No, I think the real issue I知 running into is...

Hulk Krogan posted:

I played the demo on my series X and yeah, there's a ton of aim acceleration that makes aiming feel terrible. They said they're going to patch in settings for aim acceleration, dead zone, and some other stuff so you can dial it in better, but that might not be coming for a couple weeks.

this. I知 not sure I値l be playing again until this is addressed, the controls on console feel like a poorly optimized 2006 3rd person shooter with 200ms input delay and imprecise targeting movements.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

fadam posted:

Presumably this isn't the last time they're ever going to touch the game.

Obviously not, but it shows where their thought processes are.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Floppychop posted:

This whole "only nerf, never buff" poo poo is annoying and unnecessary in a PVE game. Great way to take the wind out of a lot of players' sails.

It might be a problem when day 1 people are getting gold on CT15 content.

Smoothing out the different powers, builds, and power scaling would make for a better experience than everyone instantly skipping the whole CT progression and then bitching there's nothing to do.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I would much rather prefer anyone could play just about anything at the highest level and not be a detriment to the group because they arn't doing the best thing.

Anomaly damage should have been buffed.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Mango Polo posted:

It might be a problem when day 1 people are getting gold on CT15 content.

Smoothing out the different powers, builds, and power scaling would make for a better experience than everyone instantly skipping the whole CT progression and then bitching there's nothing to do.

There will always be some people that hit end-game crazy fast in any game. When they poopsock and play 8+ hrs/day, every day, they're obviously going to be far ahead of normal players.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I'm still confused how warden devastators contribute to group play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I started with Devastator since after playing all of the classes in the demo it's the one that "felt right" for my style of play.

I'm currently climbing the expedition tiers and have hit a wall at 11, I'm debating if I just bite the bullet and reroll a new character on a different class.