Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

the sex ghost posted:

Mrs ghost has bought a load of 'heavy duty garden refuse bags' off the internet and they're roughly the size of pillowcases. Don't think we're going to be getting all the soil from the old flower bed in them but you never know

CancerCakes posted:

Filled with aggregate and under my patio

:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
ngl when I was digging it up I kept making brookside jokes but was secretly half expecting to find a couple of skulls under there

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

Finding old bones when digging things up is always a good day. Means we get to stop work and wait for police and archaeologists and all the fun stuff.
Only happened once so far when we had to dig up a water mains on St Michael's Mount

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

generally you don't want really huge bags if you're going to fill them with dense, heavy stuff

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee

Salisbury Snape posted:

I played many many many hours of eve online with Eve on a pillow on my lap

what was your eve online name

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

captainclaw posted:

I fully utilised the late night feedings to maximum effect to play games late into the night.

Until the wife worked out what was going on...

What games? I did the late shift, went to be after the 4am nappy change and feed. Perfect timing for launching fleets, and organising defences, in Planetarion. :corsair:

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

Gasmask posted:

what was your eve online name

Ferritos/kieran tremzark mostly.

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

Collateral posted:

What games? I did the late shift, went to be after the 4am nappy change and feed. Perfect timing for launching fleets, and organising defences, in Planetarion. :corsair:

It was a while ago now, but I sunk a lot of late nights into Dayz over the late nights mixed in with some Eve online, Deadrising 2 and guild wars 2.

My kids are 9 now, and I still play the same list of games. I think I need to pick up something else to mix things up a bit. Was looking at satisfactory recently. That looks like something that I could enjoy for more than 10 minutes haha

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Salisbury Snape posted:

Finding old bones when digging things up is always a good day. Means we get to stop work and wait for police and archaeologists and all the fun stuff.
Only happened once so far when we had to dig up a water mains on St Michael's Mount

And how was Fluo?

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

Is fluo the dead person or an archaeologist?

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

why not both?

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

NotJustANumber99 posted:

how are your shoes, and car?

Shoes are, as of yet, undelivered.

Car seems ok, just a few things for me to sort out with my zero knowledge of cars, wiring or technology

It's got reverse sensors, but they don't seem to work so it just sounds like Morse code whenever it's in reverse which is mega annoying, so hoping to get that fixed or if not pull a random fuse and hope that does it

I just got a second key cut for it... £75 for the non fobby beepy one 😩

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Salisbury Snape posted:

hmm the forensics team say that what we have here is the remains of one half of a kfc family bucket meal

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Going dark here with work corpses and spoilering because of suicide

I had the police asking for access so they could cut someone down from a tree on the site, that was pretty grim.

And, we had someone walk into the river wearing a backpack full of rocks.

Oh and the half dead vulnerable missing guy we found and rescued. That one was good though.

Mojo Jojo
Sep 21, 2005

Collateral posted:

I did lots of Stellaris with my youngest

And MGSV with the other

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

hey the weird pro-covid lunatic who occasionaly haunted this thread has autobanned

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3964446

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

hey the weird pro-covid lunatic who occasionaly haunted this thread has autobanned

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3964446

That's an odd rapsheet lol. 2 in 2011, then a 9 year gap, then the next on the 9th anniversary of their last one, followed by 14 more in quick succession and then an autoban.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

Rest in piss d named poster

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

who?

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

it is a truth universally understood that D name posters don't post good

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Was that the poster who wanted all their posts removed under GDPR or am I mixing them up with another weirdo

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

yeah I believe that was the one

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Pistol_Pete posted:

That's an odd rapsheet lol. 2 in 2011, then a 9 year gap, then the next on the 9th anniversary of their last one, followed by 14 more in quick succession and then an autoban.

I think this was his parachute account, which explains the 9 year gap.

Its a pretty weird move to autoban anyway, just don't post if you don't want to post. Pissflaps at least had a pretty funny thread.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Slow day at work.

Christ I'm bored

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee

Aidan_702 posted:

Slow day at work.

Christ I'm bored

only approx 35 years til retirement tho

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

I'm still a long way off retiring, but it's not something I'm looking forward to. I get bored far too easy and having 5 days of the week accounted for already leaves me with far too much time on my hands.
It might even result in my wife going missing and me becoming a member of the patio pals

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Why don’t you get a hobby op

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

i will happily trade my job to some weirdo that actually likes spending all their good years working for some oval office. as long as i still get paid ofc.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
For some reason the idea of someone being "pro-covid" is really funny to me.

Actually, I think I know the reason.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Father in law is just doing weekends now to keep his hand in and does nothing but complain about the apps and employee monitoring bollocks he has to do now. I keep saying to him 'just retire then, set fire to your desk and do donuts in the car park' and he won't

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Happy Thatcher's Dead Day everybody!

stinch
Nov 21, 2013
it's certainly something to make yourself miserable working a job you don't even need.

I always figured it would be good fun winding up arsehole bosses and generally not giving a poo poo.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Chatted to my neighbour briefly this morning who was fully retired but was going a bit loopy so now does two days at a GP surgery

I'm all for keeping busy but I cant imagine ever enjoying GP reception work. Even the receptionists clearly don't, as evidenced by Google reviews of every GP in my town all unanimously saying the doctor is good but the staff are cunts

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

Gasmask posted:

only approx 35 years til retirement tho

I'm sure the world will retire us before that. That's why I also don't pay into my pension

(Also because I need to pay off current debt with my pension money)

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Well, just imagine having to deal with grumpy ill people all day, theres 2 sides to every story u know.

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Woh, is that a thing I like??

Ratjaculation posted:

:toot:

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Ratjaculation posted:

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

So 8 years on, her brain and wetter organs are long gone, her tougher organs are likely bloated and rotten, and her skin is likely at the stage where it becomes what they call grave wax.

Another 3 or 4 years and she'll be a skeleton.

Today is my fave national holiday

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Still think they should've done an open casket funeral in Barnsley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Woh, is that a thing I like??

Ratjaculation posted:

So 8 years on, her brain and wetter organs are long gone, her tougher organs are likely bloated and rotten, and her skin is likely at the stage where it becomes what they call grave wax.

Another 3 or 4 years and she'll be a skeleton.

Today is my fave national holiday

https://twitter.com/JACOBCROSSlNG/status/1379937509887471621?s=20