Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Idaho state senate literally passed a constitutional amendment banning legalizing weed, so unless texas or whatever rear end backwards states you guys are from are willing to put their balls on the table, Idaho will probably be the last holdout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Idaho state senate literally passed a constitutional amendment banning legalizing weed, so unless texas or whatever rear end backwards states you guys are from are willing to put their balls on the table, Idaho will probably be the last holdout.

That's a tough one. I wonder if it ends up looking like a more severe version of the patchwork alcohol laws we have from state to state

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Idaho state senate literally passed a constitutional amendment banning legalizing weed,
Lol no. That’s not how laws work.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Lol no. That’s not how laws work.

Just their senate so far. It's not in their constitution yet.

https://apnews.com/article/constitutions-medical-marijuana-marijuana-idaho-constitutional-amendments-48f9508729bb9d5d6d7e2efee114035c

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

I'm kind of surprised, isn't Idaho a libertarian/white supremacist haven?

Cabbages and Kings
Aug 25, 2004

Shall we be trotting home again?

Twitch posted:

What I'm realizing is that I want to get high after work today. I didn't really need a long break so much as I shouldn't get high literally every day.

Good luck with that. I have two modes: no weed, or use all the weed.

Spent a long time trying to find a middle but it doesn't exist for me and now I'm in a legal state and it costs me like twenty five bucks to grow an ounce and another two bucks to turn that into extract with ethanol.

I take breaks, after the two weeks of insane insomnia life is pretty normal again, but my sleep is never as good.

Cabbages and Kings
Aug 25, 2004

Shall we be trotting home again?

quote:

Keith Graves told the committee he was a member of a group of retired police officers in Idaho who left California, Washington and Oregon. He said those states went downhill with crime and other problems after legalizing marijuana.

“We’re from your future,” he told the committee. “This is the last fox hole. There’s nowhere else to go.”

:allears: ffs

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

They're just so loving dumb

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
the year is 2021. idaho is the last bastion of sanity as the cheeba-crazed masses riot unchecked elsewhere in an orgy of violence and destruction, not unlike wwz. when our hero is down to his last idaho potato and the air filters that keep the deadly smoke out begin to fail, he must embark on a mission to make weed illegal again - and end the problem, once and for all

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

The "weed now is dangerous!" line is completely transparently false, but stupid, inbred rubes just gobble it up every time.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Cabbages and Kings posted:

Spent a long time trying to find a middle but it doesn't exist for me and now I'm in a legal state and it costs me like twenty five bucks to grow an ounce and another two bucks to turn that into extract with ethanol.

I take breaks, after the two weeks of insane insomnia life is pretty normal again, but my sleep is never as good.

I think I'm going to end up being the same. I'm either 100% weed or 100% no weed. And the sleep thing is the biggest difference for me, also more irritable too, but otherwise no big difference.
Planning on refreshing my supply next week and then celebrating my birthday getting baked as gently caress. Really looking forward to it.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

bagmonkey posted:

I'm kind of surprised, isn't Idaho a libertarian/white supremacist haven?

Yup, it's a cracker barrel up there.

Why would you think those folks are remotely interested in legalizing weed? They're the kind of people who want abortions banned, minorities imprisoned, and every 5 year old issued a gun. They all just want to live in the 1950s and watch Andy Griffith, not give people more freedom to pick a poison. It's like a state full of luddites.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
As someone who lives in Ohio, I'm glad Idaho continues to give us a place to mock repeatedly.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
Ohidahoklahoma

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Yup, it's a cracker barrel up there.

Why would you think those folks are remotely interested in legalizing weed? They're the kind of people who want abortions banned, minorities imprisoned, and every 5 year old issued a gun. They all just want to live in the 1950s and watch Andy Griffith, not give people more freedom to pick a poison. It's like a state full of luddites.

In CO, the legal weed crowd is mostly hippies, but there's a ton of libertarians. And, I mean, you want to talk about kids with guns,

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Inspector Hound posted:

In CO, the legal weed crowd is mostly hippies, but there's a ton of libertarians. And, I mean, you want to talk about kids with guns,

Yeah, I'm in Colorado. The libertarians here are republican burnouts.

The gun situation here is weird as gently caress. Magazine capacity limits but no permit, open carry is legal. That poo poo is meant for people going out into the woods but apparently "woods" means "grocery store" now. At least we're not as dumb as Tennessee and their new permitless concealed carry law.

And from what I've seen in the weed industry here, it's not just hippies running poo poo, plenty of republicans in sheeps clothing because the money can be hand-over-fist in the business and that's all those guys worry about.

I'm glad New Mexico finally legalized. Now I can maybe find a reasonably priced house in a weed state, because gently caress moving back east to Illinois.

ZuluDashOne
May 1, 2020

#NeverForget

Go Wings!

:911:

Cabbages and Kings posted:

Yup, this is me.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
it's way easier to do it that way (all or nothing) if you like weed. Which you do.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

And from what I've seen in the weed industry here, it's not just hippies running poo poo, plenty of republicans in sheeps clothing because the money can be hand-over-fist in the business and that's all those guys worry about.

Oh yeah, you can get your share of evil billionaires

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

What's better for a sleep aid? CBD oil or smoking CBD dominant strains?

There's one flower that the shop is selling that's THC: 0.7% and CBD: 15.3%, at a normal price for flower. The CBD oils are pretty expensive and my SO doesn't seem to notice if it's making a difference, but she still takes it.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Weed is pretty good for sleeping. Just toot-toot and it's off to dreamland.

She should smoke the weed.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

isnt the only problem with marijuana and sleeping that it inhibits rem sleep? like that's why when reefer addicts quit they have vivid dreams.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

there's that thin little strip of idaho you have to pass through to get from washington to montana, which are both legal states (and both full of hippies and potheads etc well before legalization).

its a beautiful area but the idaho state troopers would love to build a permanent roadblock across the middle of i-90 and gently caress everyone who passes thru

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
If you're having trouble sleeping without weed, take half a benadryl about an hour before bed time.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
the part that i hate most is having no appetite for the first few days of a break. unlike not being able to sleep, theres nothing you can take to fix that as far as i know.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
Wisconsin is going to be a protracted battle with the Tavern League for legal weed, im afraid.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
My mind gets way too active when I smoke weed, makes it basically impossible to sleep. I'm a really poor sleeper by nature. Luckily I've got ambien for that

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Play posted:

My mind gets way too active when I smoke weed, makes it basically impossible to sleep. I'm a really poor sleeper by nature. Luckily I've got ambien for that

Glad ambien works for you, it always kept me from going into REM sleep. Oh and sleepwalking and sleepeating.

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009

20 Blunts posted:

Wisconsin is going to be a protracted battle with the Tavern League for legal weed, im afraid.

I hope they make weed that tastes like cheese

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

thathonkey posted:

the part that i hate most is having no appetite for the first few days of a break. unlike not being able to sleep, theres nothing you can take to fix that as far as i know.

Honestly I've always struggled with appetite, so that first like week of quitting I generally drop anywhere from 5 to 10 lbs. I'm not overweight either, so people get really concerned but... I just don't really like food that much when I'm sober.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
I tend to eat so much more when sober, and much less when smoking regularly.
Nowadays I have a breakfast lunch and dinner alarm set at 6am 11am and 5pm or else I wouldn't eat at all and just smoke.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Oh Don Piano posted:

I hope they make weed that tastes like cheese

There is weed that is claimed to be cheese-like in its aroma

e many of these strains contain the word "cheese" in the name. But I don't think there's a specific wisconsin one

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
last time i tried mac and cheese, it smelled disturbingly like cheddar. almost exactly, i’d say

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
woah... so that's why it's called mac and cheese...

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Celebrating tonight with an inordinate amount of weed, got a job offer to get out of my current hellish department and it comes with a hefty raise too :waycool:

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

when you eat a cookie and tell your homey that this cookie they gave you is real good and they're like just make you don't eat more than half

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Found out I have infectious colitis today, so I'm ending the smoke break sooner than I intended. No booze for about 10 days, but at least I'll feel better when all is said and done.

That being said, gonna pick up some fresh stuff tomorrow. What should I get?

bagmonkey fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Apr 10, 2021

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

explosivo posted:

Celebrating tonight with an inordinate amount of weed, got a job offer to get out of my current hellish department and it comes with a hefty raise too :waycool:

congrats

i just nailed an interview and hopefully about a week from now i'll be s -t-o-n-e-d

ZuluDashOne
May 1, 2020

#NeverForget

Go Wings!

:911:

bagmonkey posted:

What should I get?

Yes, weed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Should I get the kind of expensive one or the more expensive one?