Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Eyyyy the new mayor in my town will be great; gj voters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i kept on trying old SA image attachments here randomly, then changing them if it was not safe for work or goatse. i had to remove it altogether instead of changing them because i kjept getting bad images. i have to admit that the post was the "goat man" for about 5 or 6 full seconds and it was not on purpose, nor was it attachment 666 which is known to be the same image. if that deserves a ban or probation then i want to be fair and honest about it

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Apr 7, 2021

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Cavauro posted:

i kept on trying old SA image attachments here randomly, then changing them if it was not safe for work or goatse. i had to remove it altogether instead of changing them because i kjept getting bad images. i have to admit that the post was the "goat man" for about 5 or 6 full seconds and it was not on purpose, nor was it attachment 666 which is known to be the same image. if that deserves a ban or probation then i want to be fair and honest about it

lol

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Just got my 2nd dose of the vaccine.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Nice, my job hooked me up with the first dose i’m going next Wed.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Eat My Fuc posted:

Nice, my job hooked me up with the first dose i’m going next Wed.

Congrats, I got my first dose mere hours ago and am already thinking about contacting friends to (see when they will get covid juiced) plan on meeting them for the first time in over a year once I get my second dose.

I unironically said, "man I want to go to a Cleveland Baseball Team game with my friends," which is incredibly hosed up.

Shard posted:

Just got my 2nd dose of the vaccine.

also congrats and :words:

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

karmicknight posted:

Congrats, I got my first dose mere hours ago and am already thinking about contacting friends to (see when they will get covid juiced) plan on meeting them for the first time in over a year once I get my second dose.

I unironically said, "man I want to go to a Cleveland Baseball Team game with my friends," which is incredibly hosed up.

Enjoy your enhanced 5G absorption my friend, we shall ascend to the new normal together.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

karmicknight posted:

i get my first shot monday and am hoping fenway keeps the crowd restrictions in place that long so I can go see a ballgame with almost no one in the stadium

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
luckily the baseball team are making sure to suppress the crowds all by themselves :v:

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Getting one of the single doses on Monday, not sure which one but I’ll take it.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

karmicknight posted:

luckily the baseball team are making sure to suppress the crowds all by themselves :v:

Are you making fun of my Pirates?!?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

CobiWann posted:

Are you making fun of my Pirates?!?

truly Cleveland and Pittsburgh are back to sports parity after ten thousand years.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Critical posted:

i get my first shot monday and am hoping fenway keeps the crowd restrictions in place that long so I can go see a ballgame with almost no one in the stadium

Just out of curiosity, what's the recommended length of time to wait after your second shot for the dose to really take hold?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

Just out of curiosity, what's the recommended length of time to wait after your second shot for the dose to really take hold?

2 weeks after 2nd dose is what they've been saying so far

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Jerusalem posted:

Two weeks.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Nice, enjoy coming out the other side of a long global nightmare :hellyeah:

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Yes, this summer is going to be wild.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

After thinking I beefed my chance of getting an appointment via my Health Center by missing a call yesterday I got the call for an appointment at 8:30 this morning.
And then got my shot at 10:15.
Don't get the next shot until May 5th though. A little longer than I would have hoped but I'm happy I didn't miss the opportunity.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

One of the kids I teach gave me a present today. A hand-painted portrait of Rei Ayanami from Neon Genesis Evangelion.

We talked about NGE a while back because she was watching it and I said it's one of my favorites but otherwise this was completely unprompted. I'm speechless. Kids these days

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

This second dose of the vaccine is kicking my rear end. Couldn't sleep well because I was so sore and now I have that achy all over feeling.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It's also noteworthy that real-world data suggests that two weeks after the first dose offers 80%ish efficacy against illness (and still 100% efficacy against hospitalization and death), which is *incredible*.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Jerusalem posted:

It's not over yet - we've got multiple surges here in the states and just last night 5000 people had an illegal party in an Arizona state park...

America - celebrating our Constitutional right to be dumbasses.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

CobiWann posted:

It's not over yet - we've got multiple surges here in the states and just last night 5000 people had an illegal party in an Arizona state park...

Between this and Florida with spring break... what the Christ.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

TV Zombie posted:

Between this and Florida with spring break... what the Christ.

Baseball stadiums are open too.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Yakuza 7 is 30% off on PSN and I bought it oh nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I can’t wait

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

a cyborg mug posted:

Yakuza 7 is 30% off on PSN and I bought it oh nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I can’t wait

Never wait. I am a little worried about Judgement based on those "Remaster" screenshots and footage. I hope that's not what the pc port looks like. Why do these remaster assholes keep removing lighting systems?

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

CobiWann posted:

canadas also dragging its loving feet so slowly on this that we have new waves popping up all over

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Australia also hosed up its vaccine rollout even more last night. Just an absolute disaster.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Shard posted:

This second dose of the vaccine is kicking my rear end. Couldn't sleep well because I was so sore and now I have that achy all over feeling.

It should last about 12-24 hrs, if you're not allergic to it take some Advil. And just rest up. A good heavy vegetable broth with chicken in it works wonders.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I'm afraid they didn't actually give me my shots because neither the first nor second dose (Pfizer) hurt me at all. Maybe they just shot me up with sugar water, or piss,

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

NienNunb posted:

I'm afraid they didn't actually give me my shots because neither the first nor second dose (Pfizer) hurt me at all. Maybe they just shot me up with sugar water, or piss,

I hope they shot you up with piss because you'd be pretty much invulnerable to any disease or affliction now.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I’m pet sitting and the new cat who’s still really skittish around everyone has like attached herself to me while I’ve been here, feels good.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Joey McChrist posted:

canadas also dragging its loving feet so slowly on this that we have new waves popping up all over

Germany is also pretty hosed up as far as vaccinations go. Remember how last summer every country was "Wow, Germany did an excellent job at containing the virus with their lockdown"? Well, the people in charge decided that that was enough and they didn't need to anything more, other than lining their own pockets through mask and vaccine orders, and once poo poo hit the fan again, nobody had a true plan what to do and we've been having a different variation of lockdown for about 5 months now; allthewhile they kept making vaccination plans that even the dumbest idiots could tell would never work out.

And now we are at just about 13% having their first shot, about 7% their second, constant news about not enough vaccinations being delivered, nobody wanting to take Astrazeneca no more because it kills people, and those that still want to take it can't because those that want it are usually under 60 and thus aren't allowed to get it anymore.

It's just embarassing how our government has hosed this poo poo up.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

NienNunb posted:

pfizer seems pretty easy to deal with. i know one person who had a lil 16 hour boo boo with the 2nd dose. all i had was arm soreness for the first one. moderna stays loving people up though

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

got 2nd pfizer yesterday. my arm hurt and today its still sore and stiff and i have a headache but it beats the roni lol. its very easy to get in nevada they dont check IDs or ask questions or anything you can just show up and theres plenty to go around.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I got super tired after Pfizer 1, but that may have also been because I didn't sleep well the night before, and then some soreness for a couple days. Pfizer 2 is next weekend.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Jiro posted:

It should last about 12-24 hrs, if you're not allergic to it take some Advil. And just rest up. A good heavy vegetable broth with chicken in it works wonders.

I'd love to but wife is working 12 hour days for this and next week doing a disaster mission and I got 2 kids at home so I'm just gonna have to keep on truckin

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Endless Mike posted:

I got super tired after Pfizer 1, but that may have also been because I didn't sleep well the night before, and then some soreness for a couple days. Pfizer 2 is next weekend.

Felt fine after the Pfizer 1. In line right now for the 2nd. Looking forward to see how bad I feel after.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I got the Moderna pair. The 2nd dose was loving huge. Like whole rear end syringe. They pumped my arm so full that some leaked out at the end. Better than last time, musta nicked a vain in my arm because it gushed blood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

my mom got pfizer 1 a few weeks back and it kicked her rear end the next day, tho part of that might have been over having covid a handful of months prior.

i'm getting moderna 1 and she's getting pfizer 2 tomorrow so uh hopefully at least one of us is worth a poo poo afterward