Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bagmonkey)

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)
Frankly I think we need MORE lamia posting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

If you were a lamia you could curl up while pooping and no one in the houses would know until you left

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Lamia are courteous, refined creatures and would never poop on the floor.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

The cloaca is evolution's greatest triumph, and frankly I pity those who can't poop, pee, give birth, and gently caress simultaneously using the same hole.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I'm pumped.

It's Masters week, so I stole our old big flat screen that my wife uses for her online yoga classes and moved it up into my "office" (read: posting dump) and am using it to live-stream The Masters coverage and have the SAS thread and poo poo open on other monitors.
It's great. I also have my putter here so I can practice putting while watching and posting. I'm pretty great/cool.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
I have no interest in golf but that all sounds very chill

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Revins posted:

I have no interest in golf but that all sounds very chill

It's awesome. I grew up with golf as a big part of my life, and it taught me what tao was before I knew anything about that poo poo, so it and i have a real heady connection. I'm always psyched when spring rolls around, and now that the Masters streams literally everything from their practice range, to every player on the course, and I can set up a big screen to watch it? Hell yea. At lunch I'll prolly go hit some balls in the yard.

Last weekend my wife and I played our first round of the spring, and we recently got two, 7 round, 18 hole passes so we can each go and play a full round together sharing a cart at different courses this summer (was a great deal, too, 7 full rounds on a cart for only $125).

...anyway yea I've been a golf nerd since I was like 10.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I hit my stepmom with a golf ball once when I hosed up a drive

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

did you just get done saying "now watch this drive"?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I hope she's dead.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

*yells big beef city in the manner of jon yelling garfield*

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Big Beef City posted:

I hope she's dead.

Still alive, I hosed it up, remember?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Big Beef City posted:

(was a great deal, too, 7 full rounds on a cart for only $125).

:eyepop:

Hot drat, that’s some bargain basement pricing

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i went golfing with my ex girlfriends dad once and he put rush limbaugh on the radio on the way there and back.

however my golf clubs were "last year's set", left handed given to me by a rich friend of his for free, very nice clubs, that I still use, so overall worth it

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

:eyepop:

Hot drat, that’s some bargain basement pricing

Yea, there's a local sports radio show around here that does deals with local places. Usually it's like, local supper clubs, or 'get a good deal on car washes' or whatever they do for sponsors. That kinda thing, but every spring they run this promotion and pretty much every course within about 75 miles gets in on it, so they put two packages together for about the same price, same number of courses, some further out from me, some closer by. I got the one with the mix of courses closer in.

I think they make money due to advertising it/bulk sales/unused vouchers from people who just don't redeem them before the end of the season. I double checked and after 'fees and taxes' it was closer to 140, I guess, but still, that's 18 holes on a cart for $20 a person.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

I'd pay $125 just to zoom around on a cart tbf

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Ratjaculation posted:

I'd pay $125 just to zoom around on a cart tbf

When I was a kid, I worked as a caddie, and later in the bag room/pro shop at a private club, and part of that was picking range balls, yadda yadda.
One of the first things you learn as a golf course worker is that gas golf carts have a governor on the throttle that limits how fast they can go. It's a spring on the throttle body, under the seat. You can move where the spring attaches, and suddenly, those carts go a LOT faster. ...a LOT.

...turns out, if it rains on a golf course and everyone clears out, what you can do on the wide open driving range is get them fully up to max speed, then lock the parking break and crank the wheel and whip about 5-6 shitties over about a 20 yard stretch out on that range. (and bet each other $ on who can do more. You can bet on everything on a golf course. Everything.)

What you can ALSO do, is, if you're hauling those big rear end gatoraide water coolers out to a hole to refill them, through the back paths that golfers don't see/take, at full speed, is mis-read a turn, flip the cart, and break both your forearms flying out of the cart at 30mph. Which a buddy of mine learned.

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

Big Beef City posted:

When I was a kid, I worked as a caddie, and later in the bag room/pro shop at a private club, and part of that was picking range balls, yadda yadda.
One of the first things you learn as a golf course worker is that gas golf carts have a governor on the throttle that limits how fast they can go. It's a spring on the throttle body, under the seat. You can move where the spring attaches, and suddenly, those carts go a LOT faster. ...a LOT.

...turns out, if it rains on a golf course and everyone clears out, what you can do on the wide open driving range is get them fully up to max speed, then lock the parking break and crank the wheel and whip about 5-6 shitties over about a 20 yard stretch out on that range. (and bet each other $ on who can do more. You can bet on everything on a golf course. Everything.)

What you can ALSO do, is, if you're hauling those big rear end gatoraide water coolers out to a hole to refill them, through the back paths that golfers don't see/take, at full speed, is mis-read a turn, flip the cart, and break both your forearms flying out of the cart at 30mph. Which a buddy of mine learned.

gently caress that sounds awesome

not the bones part

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
think im gonna get a croissant breakfast sammy and a couple plain croissants for Other Sandwiches from the local coffee shop :q:

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

Aardvark! posted:

think im gonna get a croissant breakfast sammy and a couple plain croissants for Other Sandwiches from the local coffee shop :q:

Realized I haven't had a croasawnt in a long long time.

Lunch for me today is frozen veggies covered in a chili sauce, both of which I dumped unceremoniously into a tupperware on my way out the door this morning.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
Never eat a croissant while driving or when you get out you'll look like you rolled in a pile of them.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Full Metal Jackass posted:

Never eat a croissant while driving or when you get out you'll look like you rolled in a pile of them.

I'm gonna eat it in bed because it's breakfast baby!!! :q:

on a plate, extremely carefully

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Big Beef City posted:

Lol I love golf. They got those things where you can wash your balls every hole. I’m always like, how much sex do these perverts have that they need to wash their balls every hole? But it feels good, it’s refreshing, even if you aren’t backwoods smashing each hole. :shrug: :feelsgood:

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home

Aardvark! posted:

I'm gonna eat it in bed because it's breakfast baby!!! :q:

on a plate, extremely carefully

You will make a mistake. You will think you were very careful. Then at night you will feel a single croissant flake on your neck. You will eat it, shamefully.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
holy gently caress this is a great sandwich

bacon egg cheddar, caramelized onions, tomato, spinach, mushroom, pesto

yes that's way too many toppings, it's a delicious mess

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

nice. I start orientation at my new job today so I'm thinking of grabbing some culvers because I haven't had any food I didn't cook myself for awhile and I'm burgin

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Big Beef City posted:

It's awesome. I grew up with golf as a big part of my life, and it taught me what tao was before I knew anything about that poo poo, so it and i have a real heady connection. I'm always psyched when spring rolls around, and now that the Masters streams literally everything from their practice range, to every player on the course, and I can set up a big screen to watch it? Hell yea. At lunch I'll prolly go hit some balls in the yard.

Last weekend my wife and I played our first round of the spring, and we recently got two, 7 round, 18 hole passes so we can each go and play a full round together sharing a cart at different courses this summer (was a great deal, too, 7 full rounds on a cart for only $125).

...anyway yea I've been a golf nerd since I was like 10.

The Masters is my favourite tournament to watch and it's cool that I get to watch on tv while "working" this year.

Also excited to go on our yearly golf trip (missed last year obviously) again. 3 days of drinking, poorly played golf and more drinking!

MakaVillian fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Apr 8, 2021

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I wish I could cast the Master's web stream to my TV at more than 10 FPS, it's soooooo much better than CBS

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
for example, the web stream is showing people actually golfing at the master's right now, and not someone who doesn't tee off for another 2 and a half hours

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

BigBadSteve posted:

What's with all the snake women on GBS lately?

They don't even look like they'd have human pussies.

Do you guys want huge snake tails up your assholes?

They good.

They do.

No.

Revins posted:

lol hbag stop posting in fyad

lol free hbag!!!

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

hbag knows what they're doing. or maybe doesn't know what they're doing. either way this will work itself out over time.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
hbag has like thirty posts a day even with constant probing.

Imagine the raw posting power if he was free from the shackles of FYAD tyranny.

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Meme Poker Party posted:

hbag has like thirty posts a day even with constant probing.

Imagine the raw posting power if he was free from the shackles of FYAD tyranny.

I wish I had those procrastination powers but without the guilt.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

I think I need to post a little more...

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Just a little more...

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

nine or ten more posts should do it...

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Always be postin
Never stop postin

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Full Metal Jackass posted:

You will make a mistake. You will think you were very careful. Then at night you will feel a single croissant flake on your neck. You will eat it, shamefully.

Shamefully? Coward

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Always be postin
Never stop postin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Lol I love golf. They got those things where you can wash your balls every hole. I’m always like, how much sex do these perverts have that they need to wash their balls every hole? But it feels good, it’s refreshing, even if you aren’t backwoods smashing each hole. :shrug: :feelsgood:

I posted something realistic, and meant it.

How's it going for you with this?