Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
https://twitter.com/lewislooking/status/1379074065701425154?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
So the first 2021 Extreme E Championship event took place this weekend. Rosberg's team is leading from Hamilton's team in second. Also, this happened:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6GAzuiBIOU

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
i dont get it

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

Zeta Acosta posted:

i dont get it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6GAzuiBIOU&t=662s

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Theophany posted:

The only good pizza

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e5gTx1fVU4

E: I believe it's on their menu as 'The Tamburello'

It's a pile of poo poo shoved into a fire, they should have called it a Grosjean

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011

Fucker in charge of you fucking fucks

Theophany posted:

The only good pizza

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e5gTx1fVU4

E: I believe it's on their menu as 'The Tamburello'

You know it's garbage when they serve it on a trash can lid.

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.

MustardFacial posted:

You know it's garbage when they serve it on a trash can lid.

The oven is also a literal garbage fire.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

nothing will ever replace "Kim Jung Il looks at things" twitter/Facebook account

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

"drat I'm #blessed" - Sir Lewis, definitely

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

a pipe smoking dog posted:

It's a pile of poo poo shoved into a fire, they should have called it a Grosjean

:hmmyes:

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Tsaedje posted:

Sato ruled and continues to rule. Neither Nakajima was exciting but did enough to keep a seat for a while. Yamamoto existed. Ide was dangerously bad but it wasn't his fault. Aguri Suzuki wasn't much of a driver but he gave us the best team. Taki Inoue is good on Twitter. Kobayashi did some good stuff but was mildly overrated imho, he was good but not amazing. I know I am forgetting a few.

Aguri Suzuki is pretty good - IMO the best Japanese driver until Sato came along. Certainly better than Nakajima 1 and arguably Katayama.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011

Kobayashi is the best. He is friends with rare chip collectors.

https://www.instagram.com/p/wJtACdw7qq/?hl=en

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Also Kobayashi is better than all of them. Bizarrely enough though he still hasn't won a Super Formula race.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Frond posted:

Also Kobayashi is better than all of them. Bizarrely enough though he still hasn't won a Super Formula race.

Could it be that he is not in fact better than all of them?

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
KCMG is a small team. He's certainly better than Kazuki Nakajima, who is a champion in that series.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011

Tsaedje posted:

Could it be that he is not in fact better than all of them?

He's a WEC champion and a multiple podium finisher in LeMans. Kobayashi is cool and good.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

MustardFacial posted:

He's a WEC champion and a multiple podium finisher in LeMans. Kobayashi is cool and good.

He did a sick quali lap in the toyota at Le Mans

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

MustardFacial posted:

You can't use being in a Toyota in WEC/Le Mans as a measure of driver goodness. By that measure Brendon Hartley's better than Kobayashi, as is Kazuki Nakajima.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

There’s a distinct lack of Kimi doing wacky and zany poo poo like “not caring” or “being old” I wonder if there’s something wrong with him

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
kimi being piss drunk at the fia gala was awesome.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Tsaedje posted:

You can't use being in a Toyota in WEC/Le Mans as a measure of driver goodness. By that measure Brendon Hartley's better than Kobayashi, as is Kazuki Nakajima.

Brendon Hartley is also Real Good though.

And Kobayashi coming in for the endurance races in IMSA and being the fastest guy in one of the prototypes is more what I’d point to. I don’t know the depth of Super Formula to say how or why Kobayashi didn’t connect there. Kazuki Nakajima has won there and in Super GT, so he’s not awful either.

Yuki probably has the best chance to be an international star though. Too many of the Japanese drivers in the past came to Europe/F1 late. Sato didn’t have as much experience and was fast-tracked to F1. If Toyota had stayed in F1 through even like 2012, Kamui might have made some noise.

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
Someone was asking about drifting in F1; here's an example of what someone else was talking about how they do slide around on purpose sometimes (the overhead shot in turn 1). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1UNSANB-po&t=185s

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

I finally got around to throwing out my Le Creuset stock pot tonight. Lasted about four years before the outer enamel began flaking off in big chunks and the inner enamel formed spider web cracks. Same with the outer layer of our kettle. Le Creuset wouldn’t replace them. Warranty my rear end. poo poo’s junk. I’ve gotten much more mileage out of the cheap Teflon pots and pans from Amazon.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dinosaurs! posted:

I finally got around to throwing out my Le Creuset stock pot tonight. Lasted about four years before the outer enamel began flaking off in big chunks and the inner enamel formed spider web cracks. Same with the outer layer of our kettle. Le Creuset wouldn’t replace them. Warranty my rear end. poo poo’s junk. I’ve gotten much more mileage out of the cheap Teflon pots and pans from Amazon.

That's weird, my girlfriend's LeCreuset tray got a crack and they replaced that. Maybe they just don't like you OP.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

harperdc posted:

Brendon Hartley is also Real Good though.

And Kobayashi coming in for the endurance races in IMSA and being the fastest guy in one of the prototypes is more what I’d point to. I don’t know the depth of Super Formula to say how or why Kobayashi didn’t connect there. Kazuki Nakajima has won there and in Super GT, so he’s not awful either.

Yuki probably has the best chance to be an international star though. Too many of the Japanese drivers in the past came to Europe/F1 late. Sato didn’t have as much experience and was fast-tracked to F1. If Toyota had stayed in F1 through even like 2012, Kamui might have made some noise.

In SF, it's his team.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Kobayashi was great, and Button getting mad on the radio every time Kamui overtook him was :discourse:

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Payndz posted:

Kobayashi was great, and Button getting mad on the radio every time Kamui overtook him was :discourse:

Japan 2012 with Kamui holding off Button to get his only F1 podium is awesome, shame I can't find a decent highlights video on youtube for that race.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Mr Can't Deliver Hulkenberg has been hired as reserve for Aston Martin. If Das Fingerkind can't beat Rich Boy Stroll I guess they want to replace him with the guy who is guaranteed to stuff it in the barrier whenever there is a sniff of a decent finish.

Diorama
Apr 18, 2006

i remember when all this was fields
Return of the Hulk

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Hulk's one of those drivers who I kind of like, but don't really know why, as apart from that one pole really early in his F1 career he's never really done anything. The one record he holds is something he'll be desperate to get rid of: the most race starts without a podium. He's like a less-capable Boobens - the amiable guy who's always there but you only occasionally notice.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Surely there are other people you could hire for a reserve driver

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I miss grossjean

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

net work error posted:

Surely there are other people you could hire for a reserve driver

To end racism we need more Latin American drivers, please bring back Pastor Maldonado

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

ethanol posted:

I miss grossjean

Don't worry, he's spending a lot more time with ethanol this season.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
lewis hamilton should quit and give his seat to jamie the chad chadwick

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

ethanol posted:

I miss grossjean

guenther probably does too :xd:

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

Zeta Acosta posted:

lewis hamilton should quit and give his seat to jamie the chad chadwick

I would love to see a woman obliterate the F1 field. Either by racing or heavy munitions.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Would love to return to the days of F1 when even pay drivers were mega talents that won races like Big Pastor instead of little weenie perverts that can't complete a lap

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

There was a time when the most laughable driver in the sport won a race and saved someone from a fire. Now we have Mazepin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

your friend wicka posted:

There was a time when the most laughable driver in the sport won a race and saved someone from a fire. Now we have Mazepin.

The only people laughing at Pastor Maldonado were racist