Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

DarkstarIV posted:

I am still waiting for the day the mods finally cave to my demands and turn this subforum into its true form, a battlebots discussion forum tbh

oh.

See I didn't know this was on the table.

but man.

actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Is there a Japanese battlebots?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Pylons posted:

this is now an Evangelion forum.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Pylons posted:

There is, although they are puny compared to REAL BATTLEBOTS

Here you go!

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lamuella posted:

this is now an Evangelion forum.

Forget that, why isn't there a Tokusatsu subforum?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Lamuella posted:

So apparently WWE were inducting pioneering African American women's wrestler Ethel Johnson into the hall of fame. Except:

1) they never asked her family

https://twitter.com/missezrenee/status/1379794903388028929

2) they used footage of an entirely different wrestler.

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1380182670219558919

A truck monkey's gonna get fired. How much footage was of the wrong woman?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Venomous posted:

teee-baaar

retribution's most relevant addition to the Greater Wrestling Canon is adding to the list of things you can hear bryan alvarez say just by reading them

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Blaise330 posted:

T-BAR winning ARMBAR tomorrow.

Question is, will he still be wearing his retribution clothes like how Roman wore his shield gear 4 years after the shield broke up

and using the Retribution theme (did Retribution have a theme, I don't actually know)

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

DarkstarIV posted:

There is, although they are puny compared to REAL BATTLEBOTS

Here you go!

I'll be honest, I'm very disappointed. Would not have expected America and the UK would do robot battles better than Japan.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

🎵 I'm blue
Yeah I'm a blue Shrek, guy
Step a foot in my swamp
And you're gonna die 🎵
It was to the tune of that theme they gave a bunch of people including Bossman during the Attitude era.

That's Retribution
Hey look it's Slapjack
Think that is T-Bar
Mace Mace Mace Mace Mace
And the rest

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
- TYPERION and POLARIS vs Adam Cole & Kyle O'Reilly ended in a DQ when POLARIS transformed into a steel chair, 80s transformers sound effects were indeed included as if it were a Braun Strowman match

bartok
May 10, 2006

Vertical or Horizontal spinners?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

🎵 I'm blue
Yeah I'm a blue Shrek, guy
Step a foot in my swamp
And you're gonna die 🎵
Salad spinners

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

In retrospect, it's pretty wild that WWE actually went the whole hog on the Kofimania thing. Probably one of the best things they've done in recent memory. Feels like if Vince's current brainworms were in charge they would have had Xavier and Big E lose their redemption match and thrown Bryan into a last-minute feud with Goldberg or something.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Destroy My Sweater posted:

In retrospect, it's pretty wild that WWE actually went the whole hog on the Kofimania thing. Probably one of the best things they've done in recent memory. Feels like if Vince's current brainworms were in charge they would have had Xavier and Big E lose their redemption match and thrown Bryan into a last-minute feud with Goldberg or something.

Having a completely forgettable reign that ended with him being absolutely ruined by Brock and slinking back to the tag division probably forever is an interesting definition of "whole hog"

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

flashy_mcflash posted:

Having a completely forgettable reign that ended with him being absolutely ruined by Brock and slinking back to the tag division probably forever is an interesting definition of "whole hog"

I guess I meant the series of really long gauntlet matches culminating in a heartwarming babyface win. Half hog?

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Exactly. They do it on purpose to spite the audience and cut the legs off the undeserving fan favorites. CM Punk wins the big one, comes back? Feuds with loving Kevin Nash. Who did Bryan feud with after his big win? loving Kane.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Destroy My Sweater posted:

I guess I meant the series of really long gauntlet matches culminating in a heartwarming babyface win. Half hog?

the hosed up part is that was supposed to be mustafa ali lol

kinetic77
Jun 23, 2010

What a hot take!

https://twitter.com/globalfightrev/status/1380227294132834311?s=21

kinetic77
Jun 23, 2010

Quoted myself like an idiot

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!
why is he still wearing that loving glove

take it off, ahhh!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

his hand was hideously burned in an accident

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

he calls that hand the stranger. it's used for patting himself on the back and saying youre good enough and i'm your fan

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Quantum of Phallus posted:

his hand was hideously burned in an accident

That hand is now plotting the destruction of Seth’s left hand - The Handertaker

Edit: instantly regretting this horrible post

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
seth puts lotion in that glove so his hand stays soft like that guy in of mice and men (i think he did it for jerking off purposes? idk kinda blanked on that part)

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!
seth's loving glove is the current day version of corbin's loving dress shirt

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
seth and becky actually got matching swastika tattoos on their hands after they got married

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

shiksa posted:

seth puts lotion in that glove so his hand stays soft like that guy in of mice and men (i think he did it for jerking off purposes? idk kinda blanked on that part)

Kind of, the excuse was something about his wife or girlfriend and not getting gross calloused workman's hands or something.

FrozenPhoenix71
Jan 9, 2019

collocation posted:

The best part of the League of Nations is that, from my understanding, Owens was supposed to be in it, but he was sick that show. And, instead of getting buried forever for calling in sick, he managed to dodge a creative bullet.

God, I was at the RAW where they formed this poo poo and, in addition to it being a bad RAW(I mean, many RAWs were/are bad, but it was drizzling shits), but I was disappointed when Owens wasn't on the show. Was extremely happy to learn that the bullet dodged in the end.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Seth Rollins wears one glove and you call him bad but Great Okhan wears one glove and you call him good :thunkher:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Who’s calling him good

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Rarity posted:

Seth Rollins wears one glove and you call him bad but Great Okhan wears one glove and you call him good :thunkher:

That's right

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Who’s calling him good

Pylons posted:

That's right

:allears:

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.

shiksa posted:

I wish someone would tell Seth about the rabbits.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

shiksa posted:

I think it was keeping it soft for beating his wife??

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Who’s calling him good

I am :(

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Wrong thread

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Venomous posted:

teee-baaar

Mace?
Thank you Retribution. You hardly ever won a match in the ring but you won every match... in our hearts.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1380310022358507520?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

is Taker hard up for cash or something