Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
GODZILLA VS KONG MATCH 8 7.41%
TAY VS BUNNY MATCH 52 48.15%
DARBY VS DRAKE MATCH 28 25.93%
MOX AND BUCKS VS BULLET CLUB MATCH 13 12.04%
HANGMAN VS MAX MATCH 7 6.48%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Vince MechMahon posted:

When I checked on peacock as Dynamite was ending it said it started 4 hours previously. So if it's not 4 hours long, that's on Peacock.

It’s a two hour show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Quantum of Phallus posted:

It’s a two hour show

Well that's much more reasonable, but it's too late now. The mood has passed.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It’s back on tonight :sickos:

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

ICR posted:

Last post from me and then I’m stepping away from here for the year. Perma me if I don’t.

don't do this.

Anyway I still like the show and I like posting about it with people here. The weekly discussion is whatever, I can always choose to not read the thread or participate if I don't like it.

NXT having better matches last night is... fine? Last night AEW had two matches I thought were HMs, the rest of the show the matches were just meh. NXT being better isn't shocking or anything. I still enjoyed my time watching it, like I have done every week since December. If this was not the case for you, I am sorry you did not enjoy it, you should not watch things you don't enjoy.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Nah, the roster is fine as it is. I really don't want to see it get to the WWE point where it's the same goddamn people every ep.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
the roster needs to be bigger, more mysterious with the gift of the gods belt

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

The roster needs to be so big that people feature once and then there is no room for them to be back ever again

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
it is a bit funny that the arguments appear to be 'there are too many people on tv every week so you need to just feature the same few people every week' and 'the same people are on tv every week so you should put more people on tv'

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I hope Tony uses the second show to hire another 60 people

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Davros1 posted:

Nah, the roster is fine as it is. I really don't want to see it get to the WWE point where it's the same goddamn people every ep.

Yeah, we all (rightly) poo poo on WWE for featuring Charlotte and Roman and Braun and Orton in every goddamn feud and it's a big reason why I don't watch WWE anymore. Anyone outside of the privileged few in WWE and NXT are complete nobodies that have no hope of getting into a main event picture and they've made that abundantly clear to the viewers. AEW like they like to cycle people in and out based on what storylines they want to progress that week and it seems fine to me.

There is definitely fat to trim, I can't argue with that. We don't need Sky and Ethan Page laughing to set up whatever they're doing while basically being completely removed from the story otherwise. But a lot of this feels like "they put ethan page on TV and not the person I want to see" type complaints and it happens every time we're a month+ away from the next PPV in this thread.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I know the roster is huge but it’s not like there’s a ton of fat to trim. Guys like Daniels, Jericho, Dustin and Christian all seem to be in their last runs, guys like Cutler and Nakazawa have other roles but ultimately harmless to have on the roster as job guys. The tag division is a little crowded but there’s not really any teams I would cut either.

I guess if you held a gun to my head and told me to cut 20 wrestlers I’d cut:

- Hager
- Spears
- Colt
- Preston Vance (sorry -1!)
- cutler
- Nakazawa
- Christian
- Kazarian
- Daniels
- Dr Luther (sorry MRT!)
- Shanna
- Mel
- Serpentico
- Janela
- Sonny Kiss
- Marko stunt
- Matt Sydal
- Mile Sydal
- Leva Bates
- Ethan Page

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Mons Hubris posted:

Now that he can't post anymore, my theory is that ICR is Excalibur

Excalibur doesn’t talk nearly that much

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I know the roster is huge but it’s not like there’s a ton of fat to trim. Guys like Daniels, Jericho, Dustin and Christian all seem to be in their last runs, guys like Cutler and Nakazawa have other roles but ultimately harmless to have on the roster as job guys. The tag division is a little crowded but there’s not really any teams I would cut either.

- Hager
- Spears
- Colt
- cutler
- Nakazawa
- Christian
- Kazarian
- Daniels
- Dr Luther (sorry MRT!)
- Shanna
- Mel
- Serpentico
- Janela
- Sonny Kiss
- Marko stunt
- Matt Sydal
- Mile Sydal
- Leva Bates
- Ethan Page

the worst list I’ve seen

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

CopywrightMMXI posted:

- Colt
- Janela
- Sonny Kiss

lol gently caress off

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Good list

of people to keep!!!!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i will also make a list of people to be left unemployed during a pandemic while being a billionaire.

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

you literally just need to cut two people and everything will get better quickly and their name heavily features in the location where they do all their events these days

edit: they also are two people who you do not need to worry about the finances of

brian fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Apr 8, 2021

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

CopywrightMMXI posted:

- Hager
- Spears
- Colt
- cutler
- Nakazawa
- Christian
- Kazarian
- Daniels
- Dr Luther (sorry MRT!)
- Shanna
- Mel
- Serpentico
- Janela
- Sonny Kiss
- Marko stunt
- Matt Sydal
- Mile Sydal
- Leva Bates
- Ethan Page

This is the list of a crazy person.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

flatluigi posted:

lol gently caress off
This

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
if you cut serpentico and jon cruz does that count as dropping one person or two

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

brian posted:

you literally just need to cut two people and everything will get better quickly and their name heavily features in the location where they do all their events these days

see ya, michael iwasa and daniel mishima!

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

brian posted:

edit: they also are two people who you do not need to worry about the finances of

i too dislike fred and bill dailysplace

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

brian posted:

Ah yes, those wicked AEW wrestlers Daily and Place

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

CopywrightMMXI posted:

- Hager
- Spears
- Colt
- cutler
- Nakazawa
- Christian
- Kazarian
- Daniels
- Dr Luther (sorry MRT!)
- Shanna
- Mel
- Serpentico
- Janela
- Sonny Kiss
- Marko stunt
- Matt Sydal
- Mile Sydal
- Leva Bates
- Ethan Page

i honestly do not think Mel is even with AEW anymore, but the rest of that list is what?

As much as I think the AEW roster is (maybe) egtting too huge, I just think they need to not get new people for a while. But also giving indie guys paydays on Dark is cool and good.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Thank the good lord above the Wednesday Night Wars are over because arguing the minute details of every show and seeing how it might increase or decrease viewership is exhausting and not fun.

Now we can focus more on important topics such as:

Will Death Triangle become a square by getting someone to counter Statlander?
Who will (eventually) dethrone Kenny?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Wait, Flo Rida was employed by AEW?

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

Lamuella posted:

Wait, Flo Rida was employed by AEW?

yes and it's literally Killing the Business

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

flatluigi posted:

if you cut serpentico and jon cruz does that count as dropping one person or two

Cut the roster by 50%, then give the remaining roster various masked identities so they can double, or even triple the roster size.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Davros1 posted:

Cut the roster by 50%, then give the remaining roster various masked identities so they can double, or even triple the roster size.

Every wrestler has a color swapped version of another, like picking the same 2 characters in Mortal Kombat.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

A Fancy Hat posted:

The answer to both should be Thunder Rosa

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Honestly though, any list of twenty signed talent to cut is gonna look stupid because of the way that AEW books. Nobody else ITT has attempted this ludicrous task to cut 20 people for good reason.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Guys I would cut:

- Christian
- Kazarian
- Sting
- Omega
- Moxley
- Cody

Just give me Hangman and friends kicking rear end for two hours every week.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

ThePariah posted:

Guys I would cut:

- Christian
- Kazarian
- Sting
- Omega
- Moxley
- Cody

Just give me Hangman and friends kicking rear end for two hours every week.

okay i think this one is bait

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

this is interesting:

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1380222966756163584

AEW pushing back a couple of live dates, but only by 1-2 months. This suggests to me that they think they'll be touring by August, otherwise they'd push them back longer.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

A Fancy Hat posted:

Put Abadon in with Death Triangle because they are the only ones who aren't afraid of her and because Fenix and Penta are all, "I have seen actual demons in Lucha Underground, so we're cool."

I want more woman in factions as a whole. Like Britt almost works in The Pinnacle, and Leyla for Team Taz, and maybe Jade for QT's Get-a-Long Gang.

as far as Kenny goes, I like the idea they have right now where Hangman is ranked #1, but he also seems like he doesn't want to go for the belt. He's no ready to face that part of his life yet and just wants to have fun with his Dark Order buddies

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

enigmahfc posted:

Every wrestler has a color swapped version of another, like picking the same 2 characters in Mortal Kombat.

Except Penta who has five versions but they all think they're the same one

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Now, a list!

Folks to cut:
Moxley
Kingston
OC
Darby Allin
Adam Page

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

enigmahfc posted:

Put Abadon in with Death Triangle because they are the only ones who are afraid of her and because Fenix and Penta are all, "I have seen actual demons in Lucha Underground, so we're cool."

I want more woman in factions as a whole. Like Britt almost works in The Pinnacle, and Leyla for Team Taz, and maybe Jade for QT's Get-a-Long Gang.

as far as Kenny goes, I like the idea they have right now where Hangman is ranked #1, but he also seems like he doesn't want to go for the belt. He's no ready to face that part of his life yet and just wants to have fun with his Dark Order buddies

Put Leva with The Varsity Blondes, and she refuses to let them wrestle until after they've done their homework.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Folks to cut:

HOOK

WARDLOW

LUTHER

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
really though if the issue people are having is 'they've got all these people they aren't using' i would absolutely make the time to watch dark every week b/c it's impossible to fit everyone into two hours a week and dark is a chill watch with a bunch of fun matches. same thing if your issue is that you're seeing too many of the same people wrestle (which, IMO, isn't that much of an actual problem AEW has, but hey)

i do hope they get the second show Soon because it'll give them reason to differentiate their focuses a bit more. with just dynamite on tv every week you do get the situation of 'this is the one show we can trust everyone's watching who cares about aew, and as such it has to have everything all at once'