Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

Nene's been threatening to sell Hololive armpit sweat for a while now, good to see she's got her business plan finalized.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Cocos new stream:

quote:

Glasses? Glasses are really versatile. First, you can have glasses-wearing girls take them off and suddenly become beautiful, or have girls wearing glasses flashing those cute grins, or have girls stealing the protagonist's glasses and putting them on like, "Haha, got your glasses!" That's just way too cute! Also, boys with glasses! I really like when their glasses have that suspicious looking gleam, and it's amazing how it can look really cool or just be a joke. I really like how it can fulfill all those abstract needs. Being able to switch up the styles and colors of glasses based on your mood is a lot of fun too! It's actually so much fun! You have those half rim glasses, or the thick frame glasses, everything! It's like you're enjoying all these kinds of glasses at a buffet. I really want Luna to try some on or Marine to try some on to replace her eyepatch. We really need glasses to become a thing in hololive and start selling them for HoloComi. Don't. You. Think. We. Really. Need. To. Officially. Give. Everyone. Glasses?

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Saki Ashizawa: still pretty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsmrbiM1Iew

Kata-Haro
Oct 21, 2010

Someone's put together a weapon usage chart for the Holos

https://twitter.com/changsan15/status/1380054458801868803

2nd Gen apparently Longsword gen

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Kata-Haro posted:

Honestly surprised that Aqua isn't using dualblades since she's a huge SAO fan, and isn't above shouting out 'Starburst Stream' while gaming.
For what it's worth, Korone has been playing MonHun off-stream and mentioned that she uses bowguns, but I don't think she specified light or heavy.

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"

Carteret posted:

Well it seems like its the EN's girls managers (probably) blocking Coco collabs. After Coco said she wanted to, and to ask them why they weren't collabing, someone asked Calli just now and her answer was "I want to also, but... I'll just leave it at that. It's hard"
Like I was saying earlier, it's likely fear that even taking preventative measures like member-only chat will raise questions from people who aren't aware of the situation. Then when they learn the answer is "Chinese antis", they'll likely end up focusing more on the "Chinese" than the "anti" part. Even Coco's own audience used to be that way, and that's understandably not a controversy they want to expose the English side to.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world

Kanfy posted:

Some good translated Mito too, from that time she went to an axe throwing range.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvPem0jL4uM
Mito's "travel reports' are some of the best Vtuber content I've seen. I hope that Nijisanji EN increases visibility of all Nijisanji in the English speaking community, because I need more translators for her stuff.

Badingading
Sep 2, 2011

Kata-Haro posted:

It's everyone's favorite 5th Gen Hololive member, Ne=Jaswant!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Carteret posted:

Well it seems like its the EN's girls managers (probably) blocking Coco collabs. After Coco said she wanted to, and to ask them why they weren't collabing, someone asked Calli just now and her answer was "I want to also, but... I'll just leave it at that. It's hard"

Cali's manager seems incredibly strict above the others, considering she was afraid her manager was gonna ping her negatively for mentioning she's not wearing pants

(As multiple hololive admit to not wearing pants, panties, or completely nude in PPT's case)

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

leather fedora posted:

Even Coco's own audience used to be that way, and that's understandably not a controversy they want to expose the English side to.

Coco superfans on Twitter are extremely racist.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Tae posted:

Cali's manager seems incredibly strict above the others, considering she was afraid her manager was gonna ping her negatively for mentioning she's not wearing pants

(As multiple hololive admit to not wearing pants, panties, or completely nude in PPT's case)
It's part of Marine's theme song, even.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

That was an unexpected pin-pon, tho :saddowns:

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
Korone playing a scary game is as good as always, no translations needed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GDQsLfjGpo

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Tae posted:

Given everything else she's said about her manager I feel like that was a bit

kliras
Mar 27, 2021

kliras posted:

Korone playing a scary game is as good as always, no translations needed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GDQsLfjGpo
Aaand her stream just got cut, just another day of relying on YouTube.

EDIT:

https://twitter.com/inugamikorone/status/1380182968333955079

https://twitter.com/inugamikorone/status/1380183032066285574

kliras fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Apr 8, 2021

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

Saagonsa posted:

This, people need to stop taking everything 100% serious.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

But then how would I be able to spread rumours like no-one's allowed to ever collab with Holostars despite multiple Hololive members collabing with Holostars all the time or that the EN crew are banned from ever interacting publicly with another member of Hololive?

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Saagonsa posted:

Calli refers to her manager as J-Chad so I would think something like no pants wouldn't even get a reaction from her. More then likely it's to avoid the fanbases grabbing torches and pitchforks. A lot of new fans have no idea of the drama from half a year ago. Especially if all they do is sub for streams and that's it.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

njsykora posted:

But then how would I be able to spread rumours like no-one's allowed to ever collab with Holostars despite multiple Hololive members collabing with Holostars all the time or that the EN crew are banned from ever interacting publicly with another member of Hololive?

I guess the better question here is why Hololive girls don't seem to ever collab with Nijisanji guys. An Aqua/Kuzuha APEX duo would be phenomenal to see.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Takoluka posted:

I guess the better question here is why Hololive girls don't seem to ever collab with Nijisanji guys. An Aqua/Kuzuha APEX duo would be phenomenal to see.
I know Matsuri called into Yashiro's most recent birthday stream. A rare sighting.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Korone is trying to break youtube right back it seems

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Apr 8, 2021

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Dark Doog Rituals

the still picture does not do it justice, everything on the stream is moving

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
If your eyes aren't tired of all the air reading yet, Hana Macchia played through the first two KYs that were localized.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ze8rr3QRo9Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBnkUkvxJbg

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

leather fedora posted:

Like I was saying earlier, it's likely fear that even taking preventative measures like member-only chat will raise questions from people who aren't aware of the situation. Then when they learn the answer is "Chinese antis", they'll likely end up focusing more on the "Chinese" than the "anti" part. Even Coco's own audience used to be that way, and that's understandably not a controversy they want to expose the English side to.

The simplest solution would be to just have the stream on coco’s channel, like how meme reviews work, but then you’re limited by what games you can play with only her perspective and it becomes a mess, and if you don’t do that and stream both sides, you’d need to send the ancient one out to mod coco’s chat for a week to see what has to be done and then do that for any en girl wanting to collab and yeah, this is why the answer is “it’s hard.” It also seems like the strategy hololive is going with is just letting the embers die out on their own, and spreading the fire to another set of channels would give it fresh oxygen.

The only thing, though, is I can’t imagine much of the English speaking audience isn’t aware of the coco drama, given how much people talk about it in all the usual places. One of the drivers of it being brought up is newer people asking why coco’s stream is members only. It seems kind of odd to assume you need to protect the English audience from finding out about the Chinese fans being weird nationalists.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

People alluded to it above, but it's less about the English audience being protected and more about them turning it into some racism shitstorm that falls into Cover's lap. Combine that with the anti Asian sentiment going because of COVID right now and it'd be a really loving ugly look.

It basically boils down to "the juice isn't worth the squeeze" right at this moment. No one is going to stop watching EN or Coco because they haven't collab'ed and the risk to have a shitstorm on your hands (coming from fans that don't have any restraint or common sense), outweighs whatever gain there is.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

The simplest solution would be to just have the stream on coco’s channel, like how meme reviews work, but then you’re limited by what games you can play with only her perspective and it becomes a mess, and if you don’t do that and stream both sides, you’d need to send the ancient one out to mod coco’s chat for a week to see what has to be done and then do that for any en girl wanting to collab and yeah, this is why the answer is “it’s hard.” It also seems like the strategy hololive is going with is just letting the embers die out on their own, and spreading the fire to another set of channels would give it fresh oxygen.

The only thing, though, is I can’t imagine much of the English speaking audience isn’t aware of the coco drama, given how much people talk about it in all the usual places. One of the drivers of it being brought up is newer people asking why coco’s stream is members only. It seems kind of odd to assume you need to protect the English audience from finding out about the Chinese fans being weird nationalists.

That's the thing though. By now the only antis remaining are/were never fans of Coco, Hololive or even Vtubers. They're trolling and hating for the sake for doing it. There were some fans that were upset at the start and a lot of that is due to the haters controlling the narrative in China. You also had people doing the same on the overseas fanbase side which everyone telling their perspective of what happened. I had friends who were under the assumption that Coco willingly threw shade against China when that was also another narrative that was created. Starting that kind of stuff up now will almost certainly muddy the water. Reddit in particular is quick to snap judgement on anything they tag as a threat which has come back to bite them on more then one occasion. The stuff with one of Rushia's stream came to mind.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
I guess my question is: Why does Holopro care at all anymore about whether their fans go after China? What have they got to lose? They've already been forced to close the Chinese branch, cut off all their partnerships, and had their talents barraged with spam for half a year now with no sign of letting up.

At some point, you would think they'd have to go "Hey, let's just stop giving a crap about a market that has proven they will flip out and ruin our poo poo at the drop of a hat," especially if it affects their operation in a big new significantly-less-volatile market.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
I mean I don't think they want to throw more fuel on the fire. They're still hoping this eventually dies down when the antis run out of steam.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
If your options are "Possibly cause an international incident" and "Slightly annoy your fans" I'd hope most corperations are going to pick the latter.

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
I can't speak to bilibili clips, but on Twitter I sure see way more Chinese translations than English ones. I'm sure there's still plenty of SC/merch sales to lose from letting Reddit loose unchecked

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Also when you consider that Gura alone has like a million more subscribers than any other Hololive member, there's probably a lot of EN's fan base that isn't as keyed in to the goings on of the company as a whole.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Nipponophile posted:

I guess my question is: Why does Holopro care at all anymore about whether their fans go after China? What have they got to lose? They've already been forced to close the Chinese branch, cut off all their partnerships, and had their talents barraged with spam for half a year now with no sign of letting up.

At some point, you would think they'd have to go "Hey, let's just stop giving a crap about a market that has proven they will flip out and ruin our poo poo at the drop of a hat," especially if it affects their operation in a big new significantly-less-volatile market.

The most likely answer is once this eventually passes, Cover will probably reform a Chinese branch and get back into that market. If you're in any part of the tech game, making an enemy of the vast economic empire that is China is a bad idea.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

njsykora posted:

But then how would I be able to spread rumours like no-one's allowed to ever collab with Holostars despite multiple Hololive members collabing with Holostars all the time

That part really confused me when I saw the clips / posts. I was like, "but Roberu is always collabing with the ladies, wtf are these people talking about?"

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Kata-Haro posted:

Her experience is from the old psp games, so her Hammer usage style is very old school. Basically just walking lvl 3 charges into monster faces until there's an opening for the pound-pound-golfswing.

Coco's basically missed 3 whole generations of moveset innovations and it kinda shows. But hey still works.

Yeah she’s obviously played a lot because I never saw her cart or really even get hit much at all.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Is Korone too powerful?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jk3L5G8rtvU

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Sundae posted:

That part really confused me when I saw the clips / posts. I was like, "but Roberu is always collabing with the ladies, wtf are these people talking about?"

Roberu and Matsuri collabs are the best because he can't handle the annoying little sister energy that Matsuri brings to the table.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Nipponophile posted:

Just because your hand is already on fire, doesn't mean you should use it to scratch your rear end.

Falls Down Stairs
Nov 2, 2008

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

Exia posted:

Gura was interviewed by Ichijinsha’s Febri magazine
https://febri.jp/topics/gawrgura0408/3/

I like how Gura's apparently invested her SC money in facilitating new ways to eat in the bath

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Falls Down Stairs posted:

I like how Gura's apparently invested her SC money in facilitating new ways to eat in the bath

If it keeps her pizza/other food items from becoming water logged chat will throw even more money her way.