Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Jim is living his best life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Eggy needs to shave that beard. It'll make him look younger.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Irukandji Syndrome posted:

New page:

https://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=2451

And it comes with a coloring error! :v: Look at Idra's hand on Eglamore's waist.

Perhaps he's given her his hand in marriage

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Darth TNT posted:

I like that beard, thank you very much :mad:

Kesper North posted:

Perhaps he's given her his hand in marriage

This sounds like some kind of ominous Tony foreshadowing...

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Rare to see someone with a beard lighter than their hair color.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I haven't seen any forest folk with beards so maybe Idra's into it

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Darth TNT posted:

If he's concerned about a 16-year-old crushing on him he might not want to look younger.

Not that Annie actually is but it's not like he knows what she's thinking particularly.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

Rare to see someone with a beard lighter than their hair color.

Yeah, as someone who has black hair but reddish brown facial hair myself though it is kinda neat seeing a character look like that.

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

I personally think the beard is weird.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Splicer posted:

I haven't seen any forest folk with beards so maybe Idra's into it

This is canon.

https://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=2294

The beard isn't going anywhere as long as Jimmy's getting Idra booty.

edit: What I was searching for when I found that was actually the next chapter, featuring such gems as "Time travel isn't really that hard."

https://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=2328

edit 2: Oh god I'm supposed to be working but now I'm reading the latest chapters again! I like the notion the comic has had since the start that Loup is on a fixed path. It's not a question of if Loup will be overcome or eliminated, but rather how much damage will he cause in the meantime.

Warmachine fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Apr 7, 2021

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
YIKES

How could Idra possibly misconstrue Antimony's barely conceled distaste for Eglamore.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Very Riker vibe Jimmy Jams

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

life_source posted:

YIKES

How could Idra possibly misconstrue Antimony's barely conceled distaste for Eglamore.

I don't think she was misconstruing anything. I think she was loving with them.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
We know Annie has a crush on someone and it's so embarrassing to her that she cannot say it out loud even when the only one listing is Annie. It could be Eglamore. It would fit everything that has happened so far quite well. I have a hard time seeing what it could add to the comic though, so I kind of doubt that it's the case.

cropoval
Feb 17, 2020

Everybody focusing on Jimmy Jims and Idra when I am happy to see Donny and Anja joining them for a double date! I wonder what they have to say about all this. Donny famously has a great understanding of Tony and has been able to call him out on stuff before.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

cropoval posted:

Everybody focusing on Jimmy Jims and Idra when I am happy to see Donny and Anja joining them for a double date! I wonder what they have to say about all this. Donny famously has a great understanding of Tony and has been able to call him out on stuff before.

First thing I saw was Donny's pipe.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Wittgen posted:

We know Annie has a crush on someone and it's so embarrassing to her that she cannot say it out loud even when the only one listing is Annie. It could be Eglamore. It would fit everything that has happened so far quite well. I have a hard time seeing what it could add to the comic though, so I kind of doubt that it's the case.

I don't think Annie's crush will add anything to the comic in the sense that it really seems like it will never be developed or even revealed to the audience. It's just characterization, like a fashion sense or a love of a certain genre of music.

But it's definitely Eglamore.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Apr 7, 2021

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

annie has a crush on the man with a gruff voice and a bandana from kat's nintendo

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling
We never did find out what happened with Jones and Eglamore, did we?

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

https://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=1036

Pretty sure its jones.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

It seems a bit too straight (:dadjoke:) forward but... I think it's a valid bet.

Clam Chowdown
May 8, 2006

That's an unacceptable answer, Donny!
She saw Jones smile, any chance for attraction is long gone.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
I've a hard time articulating it exactly at 1am but I think that there's a more obvious interpretation of Annie having a vision of Jones interrupting her and Kamlen by giving her an expressionless mask she can wear over her face to hide her tears, a mask which she also uses to cover up secrets she wants to keep from Kat, the person who she took the mask off when sitting next to. I also tend to think that when characters make statements like Zimmy or Idra here it's the story's way of having a chuckle with the readers because they are getting the wrong end of the stick.

I always thought Annie's crush was Hyland, though I guess that was a while back.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Rohan Kishibe posted:

I've a hard time articulating it exactly at 1am but I think that there's a more obvious interpretation of Annie having a vision of Jones interrupting her and Kamlen by giving her an expressionless mask she can wear over her face to hide her tears, a mask which she also uses to cover up secrets she wants to keep from Kat, the person who she took the mask off when sitting next to. I also tend to think that when characters make statements like Zimmy or Idra here it's the story's way of having a chuckle with the readers because they are getting the wrong end of the stick.

I always thought Annie's crush was Hyland, though I guess that was a while back.

Why was Jones naked tho

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

skaianDestiny posted:

Why was Jones naked tho

Good taste in milfs.

And it's Andrew.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

https://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=2122

They acknowledge Andrew as attractive separate from the crush tho

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Yeah, very clearly not Andrew.

life_source
May 11, 2008

I have no idea why I thought Cvet had some kind emotional/mind reading ability when she's just a crappy eavesdropping gossip.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
OH NO HE'S HOT WITH A BEARD. THIS REALLY IS A BAD ALT TIMELINE

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Splicer posted:

I thought it was court Annie he can't talk to?

gently caress!! To be fair, it was only a few chapters ago in the comic but in real life it has been victim to the endless passage of time same as we all have so can you blame me for forgetting

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Rohan Kishibe posted:

I still really wish we'd get Jack showing up more now and then, but I don't think it's him either, at least not recently.

It's definitely Parley.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
It's you, the reader.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

It's pretty clear that she admires Jones for not showing outward emotion, which she considers a positive trait because of her admiration for her father, but it's not a "crush".

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Her true love is for Our Lord Jesus Christ so she's gonna be a nun.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

LashLightning posted:

It's pretty clear that she admires Jones for not showing outward emotion, which she considers a positive trait because of her admiration for her father, but it's not a "crush".

Tracks with her also repeating Ysengrin's statement that burying your emotions makes you stronger.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

LashLightning posted:

Zerilan posted:

Tracks with her also repeating Ysengrin's statement that burying your emotions makes you stronger.

This makes sense but it still doesn't explain why Jones is naked.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
You wanna tell her "no"?

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

skaianDestiny posted:

There was lava.

catapede
Jul 1, 2018

Eatin' fish leaves
Gettin' strong

skaianDestiny posted:

I always kind of took it like Jones is such a neutral being that clothing in a dream-like state don't suit her. She is just Jones.

I also used to take the mask partially as a representation of Annie's make up. Jones comes to the forest in the middle of things and gives Annie the make-up. I know the make-up is heavily because of her mom, but it also felt like another thing she used to hide behind.

It's been awhile since I read Divine and Annie in the Forest though, so events might not match up or make sense with what I used to theorize.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Having a thing for Jones completely understandable and frankly I’m surprised that more characters aren’t interesting in her