Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

a pipe smoking dog posted:

It's a pile of poo poo shoved into a fire, they should have called it a Grosjean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

your friend wicka posted:

There was a time when the most laughable driver in the sport won a race and saved someone from a fire. Now we have Mazepin.
Other than advertising on an (occasionally) rolling billboard run by the least-regarded team on the grid and a racing seat for the boss's gropey failson, it's hard to see what Uralkali - who sell fertiliser - are getting out of F1. The whole thing's got to be some kind of tax dodge, surely? At most, a way for a bunch of low-tier Russian oligarchs to blag invitations to yacht parties in Monaco.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

track day bro! posted:

To end racism we need more Latin American drivers, please bring back Pastor Maldonado

I miss Pastor Maldonado

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Payndz posted:

Other than advertising on an (occasionally) rolling billboard run by the least-regarded team on the grid and a racing seat for the boss's gropey failson, it's hard to see what Uralkali - who sell fertiliser - are getting out of F1. The whole thing's got to be some kind of tax dodge, surely? At most, a way for a bunch of low-tier Russian oligarchs to blag invitations to yacht parties in Monaco.

It’s definitely the Russian mob

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.

According to the Haas website:

quote:

Uralkali is a leading international potash fertilizer producer with a significant share of global potash production.

The company’s strategy aims to ensure its comprehensive development and retain its leading positions in the sector.

The company’s assets consist of five mines and seven ore treatment plants in the towns of Berezniki and Solikamsk (Perm Region, Russia). Uralkali employs more than 12,000 people in its main production unit.

A lot of Potash buyers probably watch F1

i urge everyone to check out the haas website, especially the store where great deals on merch can be found

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
did anybody post this

https://twitter.com/wtf1official/status/1378994195243880449

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

lol now that's epic

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
It’s illegal peat he’s selling. Like that thing where you look at a satellite picture of Russia and go “holy poo poo where did that lake go”. Only with moorland.

Anyway most countries have banned peat farming because it’s massively destructive to the environment and like with pine forests moorland needs careful management so you don’t gently caress the planet, only the garden centres still somehow manage to sell sacks and sacks of the stuff - this is where daddy marzipan comes in.

He will want to use the F1 to not only network but so that at parties he can be the F1 guy not the peat guy.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Personally I'm glad F1 has a sponsor that's directly causing ecological harm. You can't let the sponsors who commit massive human rights abuses have the spotlight alone.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

What if he's just a really caring dad and was willing to go broke to fulfill his sons dream of being an f1 driver?

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

net work error posted:

What if he's just a really caring dad and was willing to go broke to fulfill his sons dream of being an f1 driver?
What's the quickest way to become a millionaire?
Be a billionaire who buys into Formula 1.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
So Gunther, this is Vlad, Vlad will be in charge of this new special packing material we have for the cars. See it goes inside the footwell and side pods to keep them nice and safe while the FIA seals the boxes yes?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Khablam posted:

Speaking of wonderful new food technology, I had some of these today

I've had those. They're not bad.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Payndz posted:

it's hard to see what Uralkali - who sell fertiliser - are getting out of F1. The whole thing's got to be some kind of tax dodge, surely?
Legitimising illegitimate money.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

track day bro! posted:

The only people laughing at Pastor Maldonado were racers

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I mean it's a way of injecting large sums of money into the US and EU financial systems under legitimate pretenses and Mazepin The Elder isn't even sanctioned. Viktor Vekselberg, who is under sanctions, straight up bought a couple ferrari/bentley/lotus dealerships for his dumbass kid and has been laundering his money by providing financing to the dealerships' holding company. When he bought the one in Denver it was also a Maserati dealer and Maserati got so sketched out by their refusal to disclose financials that they sued them to have them immediately stop selling Maseratis.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Jedit posted:

I've had those. They're not bad.
I'd rate them a 7

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

they should bring Pastor back to kick Mazepin’s rear end tbh

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Lot better than those Dorito flaming’ hot abominations which are vindaloo in crisp form and just deeply unpleasant in every way

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Dorito's roulette are good because it's the legit only time you'll have a "hot" crisp.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

lol watch this dude and his beard try barbecue food https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwdDbz24Ryk

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

FAUXTON posted:

When he bought the one in Denver it was also a Maserati dealer and Maserati got so sketched out by their refusal to disclose financials that they sued them to have them immediately stop selling Maseratis.

lmao that owns

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

ArmZ posted:

lmao that owns

Yeah it does own because you know how most dealerships have super conceited owners who do things like have huge pictures of themselves on the website? Not this guy, doesn't even list his whole name and just has a footnote about "a guy named aleks who loves cars"

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I reread the case to make sure I was right about them suing immediately and they actually warned them before they closed on the sale that if they didn't open their books before closing the sale they'd sue them, and followed through with it. Sued for a bunch of different trademark/trade practice violations, breach of contract, etc and also sent copies of their letters to the state and federal revenue authorities lol

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Pablo Bluth posted:

replace him with the guy who is guaranteed to stuff it in the barrier whenever there is a sniff of a decent finish.

Wow Max is going to Racing Force Aaron Point India Martin?

your friend wicka posted:

There was a time when the most laughable driver in the sport won a race and saved someone from a fire. Now we have Mazepin.

Wait who was that?

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

Serperoth posted:

Wait who was that?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ec_8fpFC7Ao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fhvDO7zhjM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQrAA9O9u08

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Serperoth posted:

Wait who was that?

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Maldonado was the best driver on the best team (Williams)

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Imagine having such dodgy finances that Italians don't want to work with you

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
So many wall hits he should have been called Maxdonado.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Thanks Ants posted:

Imagine having such dodgy finances that Italians don't want to work with you

thats what cyprus is for, tovarisch

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Maldonado proving his goat status:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gqc2uK0sTQw

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I tried watching a MotoGP race but it was too scary for me so I will stick to the 4 wheel racing instead.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Serperoth posted:

Wow Max is going to Racing Force Aaron Point India Martin?

Wait who was that?

Pastor saved El Hefe

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

net work error posted:

I tried watching a MotoGP race but it was too scary for me so I will stick to the 4 wheel racing instead.

I mean honestly I did make a comment to someone that I was suprised nobody died in the last Moto3 race because that was just a loving brutal dogfight of a race. The whole points positions were covered by a few tenths at a couple of stages.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
in that blonde girl from mean girls voice: stop trying to make hulkenberg happen

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

GramCracker posted:

Pastor saved El Hefe

:rip: el hefe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

I love the 'Benson & Hedges' advertising on that; the absolute bare minimum of fucks being given to not overtly be a cigarette advert.