Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Question.
This poll is closed.
Yes. 76 50.67%
No. 74 49.33%
Total: 127 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

bulletsponge13 posted:

Went on my own without the VA. I got sick of being told it wasn't real/didn't effect me/is all in my head. I don't see the VA for anything anymore beyond meds.
They told me nothing was wrong with my knees. Multiple orthos disagreed.
They told me it was impossible to damage my back where it hurts.
XRays disagree. Multiple areas of compression with nerve impingement.
Was told my headaches were migraines they wouldn't treat.
Post Concussion Syndrome.

These are minor issues I've had. I stopped going years ago when I went in with serious neurological issues, and sat for 12 hours not seeing anyone but a triage nurse. Then, when I told a nurse I was leaving, "You can't. You haven't seen a doctor, and you aren't cleared."
"I am, and I don't think you have enough security to stop me. Get me my loving discharge paperwork."

Thanks for that. "People" say that the VA is better, I should use them, etc. Your experience is very much inline with what I have seen/experienced. I had to hope they were getting better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

ASAPI posted:

Thanks for that. "People" say that the VA is better, I should use them, etc. Your experience is very much inline with what I have seen/experienced. I had to hope they were getting better.

This depends entirely on region. My VA experience is generally positive and is superior to most people I know with private insurance.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Iain posted:

It's my understanding that the pistol brace for ARs was designed for a disabled person and I would have liked to have seen something where a person with a disability could be authorized use of one. Kind of like how people with disabilities can use a crossbow for hunting in some states. I really hate how it was co-opted by idiots wanting to turn their SBR into a legal rifle. It's not a pistol and I don't care what anyone says (I'm not gonna argue this so hopefully this doesn't start a derail).

Yeah, from my understanding it was originally developed by a disabled veteran. Honestly I don’t think it will hurt anyone using it for it’s intended purpose, since it is literally the opposite of how the wink wink, totally not a stock works.

Honestly I won’t miss it as if anything it causes less companies to focus on stocks for SBRs, instead of making only a brace or splitting the development and manufacturing.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.
I never picked up a brace-stick SBR because I was out of the gun hobby for a long time and when I poked my head back in and saw those I thought “this is only legal because the ATF made a bad ruling”.

I mean I super want a fun little not-SBR but like come on there is no way that should have flied and it’s zero percent surprising Congress is going to pick that low hanging fruit.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

MazelTovCocktail posted:

So all in all likely a big wet fart done to get gun control people off his back, that won’t accomplish anything, so I’ll beat Mlmp08 to the punch, in saying it’s probably nothing to worry about.

Thank you!

Have a fun fact

https://twitter.com/gilition/status/1377846330714955776?s=21

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

I'm only annoyed by it because I live in a non-Form 1 state and cannot ever have an SBR or silencer of any kind so an AR pistol was the only thing close.

That and it prohibits something responsible for less than 1% of firearm homicides that is extremely widely owned and popular. Dumb performative poo poo.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

It's dumb, will get challenged, and probably overturned. The EO precedent of bump stocks and their subsequent over turning of it.

It is a useless, feel good move that screws over millions for a law that is dumb and should be overturned.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

I expected totally not SBRs, I swear bro AR pistols to get put on the chopping block because they were really flying close to the sun with the legal status. I’m disappointed that their solution for everything seems to be “hire more cops” as though that does anything to address the root causes of violence. I’m sure the Biden administration will fight way harder to make sure that their selected Waco apologist will survive a confirmation hearing than they did for a $15 minimum wage, too.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Bump stocks are dumb and should be regulated but it shouldn't be done via EO/executive fiat.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

So are they doing this pistol brace thing via EO or an actual bill?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

orange juche posted:

Neither right now.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Excited to see what's gonna be the next edition of idiots sitting in the wayback of the station wagon with ATF while screaming "I'm not touching you! I'm not touching you!"

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Whoa nice. Bob Hoskins was perfect for that role. Interesting to see their other casting options, Harrison Ford might have been ok but Chevy Chase no way. Robin Williams would have been fun, dunno about Bill Murray. He's great but not sure if non-stop sarcasm would have worked if he was bouncing off the rabbit instead of Egon.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

mlmp08 posted:

Neither right now.

ah so they're just alienating voters then. cool.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

orange juche posted:

ah so they're just alienating voters then. cool.

The voters who engage or disengage from politics over the president telling the DOJ to write up a report and recommendations about pistol braces are... I dunno, either were going to vote GOP or Libertarian anyway or are instead disappointed gun control advocates.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Dr. Tobin was an incredible expert witness and explained pretty clearly how Floyd died from lack of oxygen and exactly why what the cops did caused him to die.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mlmp08 posted:

The voters who engage or disengage from politics over the president telling the DOJ to write up a report and recommendations about pistol braces are... I dunno, either were going to vote GOP or Libertarian anyway or are instead disappointed gun control advocates.

Honestly the only ones sensitive are people who may vote Republican, Biden could do nothing and the people who are rabid for gun control would still vote for them. I’d love to find the one who votes something else....I mean some fringe DSA candidate or Non Dem candidate as opposed to someone in a primary. Truthfully I doubt Biden wants to spend any real time on this, even if it honestly supports all the measures.

Also in terms of ATF...it’s the tech branch that honestly matters the most to a large extent in terms of providing the basis or non basis for a ruling.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Whoa nice. Bob Hoskins was perfect for that role. Interesting to see their other casting options, Harrison Ford might have been ok but Chevy Chase no way. Robin Williams would have been fun, dunno about Bill Murray. He's great but not sure if non-stop sarcasm would have worked if he was bouncing off the rabbit instead of Egon.

As much as I love williams I don't think he could possibly play the straight man in a loony toons adventure.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Williams would have ruined that movie with his stupid hack-y shtick that he does in virtually every performance. Murray is overrated, and really not that good in any of his 'classics'. Most of them suck.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

bulletsponge13 posted:

Murray is overrated, and really not that good in any of his 'classics'. Most of them suck.

Finally, someone that agrees with me

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Nah Chase could definitely do it even if it'd definitely be a step down from bob. For his endless faults as a human being he's a pretty great physical comedian. Ford would have been real interesting since he still gave a gently caress back then I think. I'd put williams after hoskins, then chase, then murray then ford. Maybe switch murray and chase because not acting totally like a cartoon would probably be better for the character

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

You want a straight man comic not a goof. Put Leslie Nielsen in there.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

orange juche posted:

The ATF has the power to redefine all sorts of stuff in order to ban or allow things without any legislative or executive action taken. The EO from Trump that banned bump stocks didn’t need to be one, he could’ve just sent them an email or a tweet to have the ATF redefine them.

Installing a former gun control lobbyist who also thinks Waco was A-Ok is probably going to lead to a lot of new policy letters in the next few years.

No discussion of actually enforcing any of the current laws on the books, like chasing down straw purchasers etc.

Just another move from the Biden admin to follow Liberal policies and flip off the Left instead of material improvements

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

bulletsponge13 posted:

Williams would have ruined that movie with his stupid hack-y shtick that he does in virtually every performance. Murray is overrated, and really not that good in any of his 'classics'. Most of them suck.

Murray has been a "is his murrayness being dilluted by enough other actors to make him tolerable" since i was a kid. I can only imagine all the murray worship is from people who watched ghostbusters once when they were 5.his best role was the lawnskeeper in caddyshack because it was just enough of him

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Got my second injection of NWO microchips! Hooray!

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Now I want a Roger Rabbit reboot with Leslie Nielsen...

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Got my second injection of NWO microchips! Hooray!

Enjoy the two day nap.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

ASAPI posted:

... I've got some bad news

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

ASAPI posted:

I just want you to know, good luck, we're all counting on you.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Mr. Nice! posted:

Hahaha yeah that might be the next best option anyway

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Trip report: Had the J&J poke 48 hours ago and other than some fatigue and vague aches in my joints and back (both of which were quickly taken care of with iburpofin) I've had pretty much zero effects. :coal:

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Stravag posted:

Murray has been a "is his murrayness being dilluted by enough other actors to make him tolerable" since i was a kid. I can only imagine all the murray worship is from people who watched ghostbusters once when they were 5.his best role was the lawnskeeper in caddyshack because it was just enough of him

My dad and my friend's dad both grew up as friends of some of his brothers and both have told me on many occasions what a gigantic rear end in a top hat he's always been.

Also got me first pfizer jab last friday and only had a moderately sore arm.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Murray seems like a gaping dickhead. Everything I've heard from people that worked with him, or spent any real time with him, says the same.
He isn't even funny. He's only still popular because of the Monkey Cheese Random crowd from a decade ago.

He also beat his ex and told her no one would believe her.

Of all the comedians that I wish had a Selena style Fan Club President, Murray (and before) Williams were top of that list.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
It's really cool there's a generation of human beings in entertainment who figured out they could substitute cocaine for a personality and here we are today with them still being around

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

John C. Reilly

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Took them a while, but the feds finally indicted Confederate Flag Guy and his Chucklefuck Son.

https://twitter.com/seditiontrack/status/1380223311905439747

https://www.justice.gov/usao-dc/case-multi-defendant/file/1385176/download

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Mr. Nice! posted:

Oh man that's a headscratcher. He's of course fantastic in Naked Gun and Airplane, but he's playing an insane person in an absurd world. Eddie Valiant isn't insane and his actions are rational, although he does adapt to use the tools of a bizarre world. I don't know if it would play to Nielsen's strengths to have him try to come across as a believable burned out alcoholic LA 50s detective. I think he'd still be good but very different movie.

Stravag posted:

Caddyshack is good but I'd say Groundhog Day was his strongest role where switching him out would weaken the film. He's allowed to be sarcastic as part of his character's jackassedness, but becomes sincere and caring about others so the snark mostly goes away in a believable way.

CainFortea posted:

As much as I love williams I don't think he could possibly play the straight man in a loony toons adventure.

That's true, no way he'd rein in his zanyness. Maybe he could have been Judge Doom but no need to switch out Christopher Lloyd.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
New face for Mount GIPmore?

https://twitter.com/jaredlholt/status/1380263127921659909

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

we should all chip in a few bux to pay mcnally's fare down there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

we should all chip in a few bux to pay mcnally's fare down there

Come to think of it, has anyone heard from McNally lately?