Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

The Colonel posted:

you should ask for opinions when it's something you're curious about but not 100% committed to, not when it's a show you've been anticipating and were going to watch anyway

The problem with that is that I already had a show happen to me where I was really looking forward to it, and it turned out to not just be bad, but utter poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
ZLSR 1 was kind of eh since it seemed focused on resetting the plot over telling jokes. I'm willing to give it another chance.

It's a testament to the fundamental strength of Way of the House Husband's material that even though I've read the manga and the adaptation is practically a motion comic it's still making me laugh. At the very least it does get comedic timing right.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Sindai posted:

ZLSR 1 was kind of eh since it seemed focused on resetting the plot over telling jokes. I'm willing to give it another chance.

To be fair, they probably wrote it that way because there was a gap between the first season and Revenge. Besides, I think that it will be funnier the next episode

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Willo567 posted:

The problem with that is that I already had a show happen to me where I was really looking forward to it, and it turned out to not just be bad, but utter poo poo

Iktf

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

ZLS is not the type of show thats going to suddenly become bad.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Checked out super cub after the surprising amount of chatter in the thread about it and it's extremely my jam.

Only thing I'm not keen on is how they draw her cheeks. It looks like she's constantly horrified.

utamaru
Mar 8, 2008

BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP
uhh we got saki doing construction work and I think that's the best thing I've ever seen, personally.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

i'm going to be very depressed if zls revenge ends with them passing on.

if that happens, i'm writing an alternate ending fanfic where that doesn't happen and they get to live happily as zombies forever, with the public accepting them as such

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Willo567 posted:

if that happens, i'm writing an alternate ending fanfic where that doesn't happen and they get to live happily as zombies forever, with the public accepting them as such
Still disappointed that season 1 didn't have Lily's dad killed in some comical way and come back as their zombie roady.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

dogsicle posted:

i've been hoping the news for this series would be an anime, and what do you know

https://twitter.com/MangaMoguraRE/status/1380178251180601346?s=19

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1pNU85Euwg

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

All right, finished watching the first episode of ZLS Revenge. I thought it was pretty great; the way people were describing it as boring, I was afraid I'd feel the same. I'm glad to be wrong

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Willo567 posted:

what if they didnt die tragically in the first place

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
what if zlsr ends with it being revealed everything was all a dream and the girl was in a coma this whole time

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
actual cygames staff right now: we have created a popular and well-liked ip with recognizable and lovable characters. we should give it a definitive ending that cuts off opportunities for further merchandizing

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

they can always kill more girls

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

The Colonel posted:

actual cygames staff right now: we have created a popular and well-liked ip with recognizable and lovable characters. we should give it a definitive ending that cuts off opportunities for further merchandizing

i know you joke, but you should at least watch the scene with Kotaro and the bar master to get why I feel this way

dogsicle posted:

they can always kill more girls

Nothing can replace Franchouchou

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

The Colonel posted:

Haruhi Suzumiya staff many years ago: this is a popular and well liked ip. we should definitely spend our money making the same episode 8 times in a row so as to discourage future investor interest in a new non-spinoff season

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
these anxiety posts where you keep fixating on potential terrible endings is going to ruin watching this show for you

like even i already feel less chariatable to s2 and im not watching it until sunday

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Strange Quark posted:

these anxiety posts where you keep fixating on potential terrible endings is going to ruin watching this show for you

like even i already feel less chariatable to s2 and im not watching it until sunday

So you also think that them passing on would be a bad ending?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

CrazySalamander posted:

Haruhi Suzumiya staff many years ago: this is a popular and well liked ip. we should definitely spend our money making the same episode 8 times in a row so as to discourage future investor interest in a new non-spinoff season

you know this is not nearly the same thing because the light novels were on hiatus forever, so there was a very definitive cap on source material to adapt

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Willo567 posted:

So you also think that them passing on would be a bad ending?

personally i think nothing lasts forever and its good when an idol show acknowledges that, like original love live or utapri

i dont think itd happen in season 2 but probably a future season

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

CrazySalamander posted:

is this just a coincidence or are you randomly transplanting this from the anime discussion thread

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Passing on seems like itd be a good thing, imo.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

The 3d models in ZLS 2nd Season look like they have more expressive facial models than last season.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
Second episode of Mars Red was unfortunately less interesting than the first one. Though it was funny when they made that vampire a fairly reasonable offer and he was like YOU'LL NEVER TAKE ME ALIVE COPPERS ARRRGH.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Love Live series would all be improved with a third season with them as grumpy college students.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
then it would just be idolm@ster

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Passing on seems like itd be a good thing, imo.

i don't want to see them separated, or get reincarnated and have no memories of each other

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice

CrazySalamander posted:

I think its a little questionable to ignore both the movie adaption and the Nagato spinoff series; clearly there's interest in adapting more Haruhi despite KyoAni's missteps (but I also happen to be a sucker for the kind of artsy batshit decisions like Endless Eight) but as others note, the output of the LN author is basically even slower than George R.R Martin's. The most recent content there's not really enough for a new 2-cours season. You got some random one shot chapters and I think 1 not-adapted full LN volume?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Willo567 posted:

i don't want to see them separated, or get reincarnated and have no memories of each other

dont worry half the time stories do these things they have an epilogue bit where they get back together and continue to have fun times anyway

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

its a good thing to grow up and learn to let go of things

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Finally got caught up on everything that looked interesting this season that's already airing. (Still waiting for TWEWY, 86, and Shadows House)

Mars Red rules, its style and presentation reminds me of ACCA a lot (in a good way), and it's definitely got me curious to see where it's going.
Dragon House Hunting is cute, agree with the sentiment I've seen from a lot of people that I'm not exactly sure how it's gonna carry through a whole season, but even if it ends up being essentially a fluff show without much meat I'll probably still watch all of it.
Odd Taxi is going to be interesting, but I'm waiting for that other shoe to drop so I can really get a feel for what kind of show it's wanting to be. Hesitantly my favorite of the season so far.
Vivy definitely has a lot of potential, but it also has a lot of room to absolutely crash and fail to stick the landing at any point- though the first two episodes at least give me hope it will. Great production values, an all-star group of people working on it... I've just been burned by anime in the past that by all accounts SHOULD'VE been great and just. crashed hard.
I mentioned it in the actual thread, but the Shaman King reboot had a really strong first episode, but I'm also incredibly biased as the manga was one of my favorites growing up.
I didn't know whether I'd like Saint's Magic Power going in, but there was just enough here to keep me interested- I got the impression there might be a plot thread that's more politics-y in nature (specifically, the implication that the other Saint might either be fake, or the Prince might be intentionally keeping her from her duties), but it's too early to call. Kinda wish we'd gotten some, like...actual characterization, though. It's loving baffling to me that there was literally zero interaction between our protagonist and the other woman summoned to this world (or, like. literally anything from her, period- did she even get any lines?), but again, only the beginning, so who knows.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
you wont have any memories of almost all of the friends you made in high school or college either

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

The Colonel posted:

is this just a coincidence or are you randomly transplanting this from the anime discussion thread

Just coincidence. That being said I bet that it gets discussed at least a couple times a year in the discussion thread given how contentious it is.

Strange Quark posted:

you know this is not nearly the same thing because the light novels were on hiatus forever, so there was a very definitive cap on source material to adapt

Eh, it might not be exact but it gets my point across. Sometimes people in charge of shows or manga make really stupid decisions. IMO Endless 8 was a poor decision that cost them audience goodwill but that is not really provable. Also Endless 8 made me mad so I'll take potshots at it occasionally.

Raenir Salazar posted:

I think its a little questionable to ignore both the movie adaption and the Nagato spinoff series; clearly there's interest in adapting more Haruhi despite KyoAni's missteps (but I also happen to be a sucker for the kind of artsy batshit decisions like Endless Eight) but as others note, the output of the LN author is basically even slower than George R.R Martin's. The most recent content there's not really enough for a new 2-cours season. You got some random one shot chapters and I think 1 not-adapted full LN volume?

This is well put and I may as well put my crackpot theory out there: the angry reactions to Endless 8 shook the author's confidence (angry feedback, regardless of amount can stand out) and knocked them into a hiatus.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Davincie posted:

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

CrazySalamander posted:

Just coincidence. That being said I bet that it gets discussed at least a couple times a year in the discussion thread given how contentious it is.

bro this happened over ten years ago

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Davincie posted:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

CrazySalamander posted:

Eh, it might not be exact but it gets my point across. Sometimes people in charge of shows or manga make really stupid decisions. IMO Endless 8 was a poor decision that cost them audience goodwill but that is not really provable. Also Endless 8 made me mad so I'll take potshots at it occasionally.

This is well put and I may as well put my crackpot theory out there: the angry reactions to Endless 8 shook the author's confidence (angry feedback, regardless of amount can stand out) and knocked them into a hiatus.

Bro, attack on titan ended today. You can't be doing this.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

endless 8 aired in 2009. 2 more haruhi novels came out in 2011, the haruhi movie came out in 2010 and was a hit. you are talking nonsense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

Captain Baal posted:

Bro, attack on titan ended today. You can't be doing this.

What? Is this a spoiler or something in some insane way? I've never even watched AoT.