Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Revolver Bunker posted:

If it keeps her pizza/other food items from becoming water logged chat will throw even more money her way.

search your heart, you know it will not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
Vshojo is apparently announcing new vtubers tomorrow. Do you think it will be new talent or established vtubers joining in? I could see Veibae, Haruka, Bunny and maybe Moe and Snuffy joining if it's going to be established people.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

Hiro Protagonist posted:

Vshojo is apparently announcing new vtubers tomorrow. Do you think it will be new talent or established vtubers joining in? I could see Veibae, Haruka, Bunny and maybe Moe and Snuffy joining if it's going to be established people.

I'm guessing established people they already stream with regularly. If they were aiming for new talent, they certainly didn't advertise it anywhere.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Sundae posted:

That part really confused me when I saw the clips / posts. I was like, "but Roberu is always collabing with the ladies, wtf are these people talking about?"

It’s not wrong though. Of hololive jp it’s basically just matsuri that collabs regularly, and even then it’s been a handful of times in the last year and mostly just with roberu. Matsuri and fubuki are good senpai but it’s silly to pretend that there isn’t a big rear end garden wall between hololive jp and Holostars.

Whether or not the wall is ‘real’ Ie enforced by cover or just erected by the talent is another thing though.

Regardless it doesn’t matter, all I can say is I wish perceptions were different and people other than fubuki and matsuri collabd with them, it would be a big benefit to holostars.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?

Sundae posted:

I'm guessing established people they already stream with regularly. If they were aiming for new talent, they certainly didn't advertise it anywhere.

Probably Vei but I haven't the slightest who else. Snuffy?

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
Got my EP in the mail. Didn't win the sticker gacha, but :_moriblush: is still cute. Time to bop along to her work/life balance flailing.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Falls Down Stairs posted:

I like how Gura's apparently invested her SC money in facilitating new ways to eat in the bath

Maybe a bread safe as well?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Talorat posted:

During the DnD stream yesterday Vei mentioned she had her "debut" in a couple of days so it's almost certainly her.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

Talorat posted:

I'll be amazed if it isn't Vei. I'd also not be that surprised if it's only Vei. They don't exactly add a ton of members on the regular.

Worklurker
Jan 2, 2014

Paracelsus posted:

Maybe a bread safe as well?

Did she ever find the missing bread loaf?

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
I like Snuffy, and I like Nyanners, but the thought of both of them in the same group doing collabs and stuff feels weird somehow.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Was peak Gura "I SPILLED MY BABYFOOD"?

Falls Down Stairs
Nov 2, 2008

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

Mirage posted:

I like Snuffy, and I like Nyanners, but the thought of both of them in the same group doing collabs and stuff feels weird somehow.

I would've said this about Nyanners and most of VShojo before they actually started collabing a lot

IIRC, there's been a dancing Snuffy and dancing Vei in Nyanners' stream outro credits thing for a bit and maybe those mean something I'm not aware of but they've made me associate both Snuffy and Vei with VShojo for a bit!

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

Oh Snapple! posted:

Peak Gura is anything she says that she then has to argue "IT'S NOT WEIRD!" with chat.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
Snuffy would make some sense, but I feel like she just got done settling into her new brand/identity/stream style, so it would be a lot of work to then go and rebrand again for Vshojo. I'm sure that could be worked around, though.

I don't know what I'd think if it was just Vei. She's definitely funny and gets along with the others, but she seems like she doesn't really have an "off switch", and I like how Vshojo has a very supportive atmosphere.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

Oh Snapple! posted:

There is no true peak Gura, only localized maxima that haven't yet reached the global peak. Other peaks also include licking a moving treadmill, telling a mom at a sleepover that she had a foot fetish to get out of having a pedicure, etc etc.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Tabletops posted:

It’s not wrong though. Of hololive jp it’s basically just matsuri that collabs regularly, and even then it’s been a handful of times in the last year and mostly just with roberu. Matsuri and fubuki are good senpai but it’s silly to pretend that there isn’t a big rear end garden wall between hololive jp and Holostars.

Whether or not the wall is ‘real’ Ie enforced by cover or just erected by the talent is another thing though.

Regardless it doesn’t matter, all I can say is I wish perceptions were different and people other than fubuki and matsuri collabd with them, it would be a big benefit to holostars.

calli recently did an off-collab singing stream with rikka and ollie has been playing apex with astel a lot, so hopefully things are changing

Falls Down Stairs
Nov 2, 2008

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

Sundae posted:

There is no true peak Gura, only localized maxima that haven't yet reached the global peak. Other peaks also include licking a moving treadmill, telling a mom at a sleepover that she had a foot fetish to get out of having a pedicure, etc etc.

Gura, as an ocean being, comes in waves, each with its own peak

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Xad posted:

calli recently did an off-collab singing stream with rikka and ollie has been playing apex with astel a lot, so hopefully things are changing

Yeah I did specify JP because ID has a bit and Ollie has been doing a lot recently with astel which is very cool. He’s gained a lot of subs from it.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGZz_zdb7ho
I'm pretty sure most of the JPs would self-combust if they tried to interact with guys.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Apr 8, 2021

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

Kyte posted:

I'm pretty sure most of the JPs would self-combust if they tried to interact with guys.

Gonna go with with a big old "nope, acting the part, playing to her audience" on that one, at least for Noel.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

So I had to look up what Brocon is, cause i thought it was a typo and uh....

huh.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Sundae posted:

Gonna go with with a big old "nope, acting the part, playing to her audience" on that one, at least for Noel.
Why so?

Carteret posted:

huh.
Noel's had a bit of a difficult childhood, from what she's said her brother carried her emotionally through a lot of it. Just don't read too much into it, there's always a difference between fiction and reality.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Carteret posted:

huh.

lmao how are you posting in adtrw

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Carteret posted:

huh.

Did u know matsuri has a piss fetish and is a loli/shotacon

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Tabletops posted:

Did u know matsuri has a piss fetish and is a loli/shotacon

I knew about the piss thing and the loli/shota stuff but somehow I never knew that was a thing

Takoluka posted:

lmao how are you posting in adtrw

look dude sometimes the rabbithole just finds you

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
the color of summer

is yellow

think about it

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

Sindai posted:

During the DnD stream yesterday Vei mentioned she had her "debut" in a couple of days so it's almost certainly her.

Vei has been teasing an updated l2d and 3d model for like..the past month. if it WASNT for the fact that vshojo tweeted that smash bros rear end announcement, id have just assumed it was the new models she was talking about.

edit to basically not double post -

Falls Down Stairs posted:

IIRC, there's been a dancing Snuffy and dancing Vei in Nyanners' stream outro credits thing for a bit and maybe those mean something I'm not aware of but they've made me associate both Snuffy and Vei with VShojo for a bit!

The explanation for that is vei commissioned the dancing gif of their regular ff14 crew. which is also why the twitch team she manages (cream pie, named after their FC) went from having like...zen and bunny and a bunch of other girls in it, to just vei, silver, nyan, ironmouse, and snuffy.

Renzuko fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Apr 8, 2021

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Carteret posted:

I knew about the piss thing and the loli/shota stuff but somehow I never knew that was a thing

look dude sometimes the rabbithole just finds you

I'm assuming then you've seen this interview with Matsuri, her mom and Tamaki then. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWdEBN04tbU

Edit: In Ame's current Thank you Thursday she has a takodachi on her table that may not survive this stream. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgsVZsApRgk

Revolver Bunker fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Apr 9, 2021

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Sundae posted:

I don't doubt that Aqua would do her best fainting goat impression if presented with an actual guy to converse with.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Worklurker posted:

Did she ever find the missing bread loaf?

Ina had it.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

In her dishwasher.

Mr.Flibble
Jul 23, 2008
Gura's "sister" Kana Kamiko is celebrating her 1 year anniversary right now!
Right she's watching her debut steam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhSH0T6LDbI

She's a lot more than just "Gura's sister" as she's as was already popular before her newer avatar, which she had before Gura debuted.
She's sitting on 114k subs which makes her one of the bigger independent Vtubers out there.
I recommend watching her Undertale playthrough as that's what got me to follow her.

Mr.Flibble fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Apr 9, 2021

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

it was with the cabbage on kiara's train

KoB
May 1, 2009

Kyte posted:

Why so?

Shes a professional at feeding the simps, she knows exactly what shes doing.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Sundae posted:

Given how wildly different most of their streaming personas are from how they apparently behave in real life - Pekora, of all people, is so awkward and nervous in real life that she can barely speak to strangers, as the most egregious example - I think it's entirely plausible that even someone whose brand is "ASMR temptress" like Noel could be a bit nervous/awkward about collabing with guys she doesn't know, especially given some stuff she's talked about like spending her childhood going to all girls schools and how almost all of her coworkers are women.

I feel like if she wanted to bullshit the question she just wouldn't have actually brought it up on stream and let people draw their own conclusions.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Aqua can’t even talk to a cashier in real life, there’s no way she could do it either.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/omarupolka/status/1380302592903798784?s=20

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Polka upgrades from being 300k subs VTuber to being a 600k subs VTuber to being the entire internet. This clown is growing too powerful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8Q4PfhDIlA

Also, time for more MonHun, in 1 hour. Coco's in the post-game now and is raring to upgrade her kinda crappy gear.