Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

yeah that looks like benzos.jpg checks out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
Jorp fans are horribly similar to adult Twilight fans in terms of their emotional maturity, detachment from reality, overall cultishness/zealotry, and their apologetics for the glaring flaws of their object of worship.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

It's like he's just been invited to dinner by his biggest fan. "This is my fanbase???"

Zugzwang posted:

Jorp fans are horribly similar to adult Twilight fans in terms of their emotional maturity, detachment from reality, overall cultishness/zealotry, and their apologetics for the glaring flaws of their object of worship.

Is one of them going to write an erotic trilogy?

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Call Your Grandma posted:

Criticisms about teaching kids history too early might be valid, but they do actually go into progressive topics that weren't covered before. The Kenney grandfather is funny and dumb but other than that most of the criticisms seem narrow. You get quotes like this:

and this:

talking about the exact same thing and that reads like someone doesn't like the way an important thing is being taught and missing that it is being taught now and that's a pretty important step forward.

if this is so good, why does lobster daddy support it? :colbert:

Batterypowered7 posted:

I thought that "ten rules for life" was a pretty direct reference to his book 12 Rules for Life. Maybe the chaos bit too? Isn't chaos dragons or some poo poo a Jorp meme?

those are definitely jorp references but it's funny cause jorp was complaining before he even got to that specific panel

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Benny Harvey posted:

Is one of them going to write an erotic trilogy?
How about that book on the carnivore diet with swimwear-clad Jorp and his daughter on the cover?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

LOL, Jorp's newest fabricated term is "reputation destruction" that he made up to say that women are actually biologically more aggressive than men in that way and he did that only to put "toxic femininity" as the reason why social media attacks poor conservative men (cause I guess libs are all women). He jumps from conclusion to conclusion with absolutely zero sense in his characteristic style and two idiot interviewers are nodding sagely along. Relevant timestamp:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gX5Vaqx_nNg&t=70s

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Can the mods post a list of everyone who voted 1 for this thread; I feel it would be pretty revealing

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Palpek posted:

LOL, Jorp's newest fabricated term is "reputation destruction" that he made up to say that women are actually biologically more aggressive than men in that way and he did that only to put "toxic femininity" as the reason why social media attacks poor conservative men (cause I guess libs are all women). He jumps from conclusion to conclusion with absolutely zero sense in his characteristic style and two idiot interviewers are nodding sagely along. Relevant timestamp:

I love all these anti-woke podcasts that are always started up by failed comedians who claim they used to be on the left until...

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Palpek posted:

i'm a cis man and am definitely much more aggressive wrt "reputation destruction" or whatever than literally any other woman i have ever met or known

checkmate jorpo

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Palpek posted:

I'm not even saying it because I don't like him but god drat does he look like poo poo in this video. He talks stranger than usual too.

I've seen a few videos where he's talking to a conservative host and they don't seem as interested in what he's talking about anymore. I think it's because he still talks in dog whistles and the conservative mode right now is fog horns. Peterson, Milo and Sargon should rent a house together and pretend it's 2015 again.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Tarkus posted:

I'm not even saying it because I don't like him but god drat does he look like poo poo in this video. He talks stranger than usual too.

yeah it looks like the benzos ordeal continues to take a toll on him (good). he doesn't have that obnoxious righteous anger anymore

edit: wait i take it back after seeing that video. not righteous anger, but he's got that obnoxious smugness at least

edit: ugh, so jorp tries to psychoanalyze helen lewis for allegedly being 'hostile' to him, because he just can't figure out why ANYONE could ever possibly NOT like the mighty, and benevolent jordan B. peterson esquire :barf:

Mr Interweb fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Apr 8, 2021

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Grimdude posted:

The perfect grift: center it around being intellectual and the people following will be too scared of being wrong to stop giving you money.

The emperor has no vegetables

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Palpek posted:

The comments on this video are loving exhausting

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Tarkus posted:

I've seen a few videos where he's talking to a conservative host and they don't seem as interested in what he's talking about anymore. I think it's because he still talks in dog whistles and the conservative mode right now is fog horns. Peterson, Milo and Sargon should rent a house together and pretend it's 2015 again.

you have to remember he just woke up from a coma. to JP it feels like its still 2018

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

"I think that the reason people hate JP is becoz he can actually get to the very core of your argument and destroy it coz he's a physiologist you know, he knows exactly what's going in your head and insecure snowflakes don't like it when you do that"

Lmao, there are people that actually think this.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

https://twitter.com/jordanbpeterson/status/1380003676903866368?s=19

lol

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

oh boy the transition to epic meme "totally rolling with the punches" puppetmaster has begun

how utterly predictable

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/chevd80/status/1379752151279370241

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
A lot of villains are cool! Villains tend to be the driving force of the works in which they appear, while the heroes just kind of hang around until forced to respond to the villain's initiatives.

Jordan Peterson might even make a compelling villain in a piece of fiction, because it is patently obvious that all his writing and railing against social justice is him trying to convince himself that he is a good person and it is society who is wrong, and a story would have a climax where his world collapses around him and he is forced to confront the notion that he himself is the cause of all the bad things that happened in his life.

He sucks because he is a white man in the real world and will never be made to admit how garbage he is.

Inverted Icon
Apr 8, 2020

by Athanatos
>tfw media attention turns donald trump into the literal president of the united states

>tfw media attention turns jordan peterson into the literal red skull complete with foot soldiers

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

A lot of villains are cool! Villains tend to be the driving force of the works in which they appear, while the heroes just kind of hang around until forced to respond to the villain's initiatives.

Jordan Peterson might even make a compelling villain in a piece of fiction, because it is patently obvious that all his writing and railing against social justice is him trying to convince himself that he is a good person and it is society who is wrong, and a story would have a climax where his world collapses around him and he is forced to confront the notion that he himself is the cause of all the bad things that happened in his life.

He sucks because he is a white man in the real world and will never be made to admit how garbage he is.

The villains who are cool are the ones who are libertines following their whims and living for themselves only with the total immanent freedom described by Camus or somebody like that. The Joker is cool.

The villains that are boring dweebs everyone hates are the ones acting out of monomaniacal adherence to strict rules because deep down they are insecure, and weak, and lashing out at what they wish they were free enough to be. Frollo is not cool.

Jorp is Frollo.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
The best villain is HIM from The Powerpuff Girls (and Lil Nas X should voice HIM for the new show)

Inverted Icon
Apr 8, 2020

by Athanatos

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

The villains who are cool are the ones who are libertines following their whims and living for themselves only with the total immanent freedom described by Camus or somebody like that. The Joker is cool.

The villains that are boring dweebs everyone hates are the ones acting out of monomaniacal adherence to strict rules because deep down they are insecure, and weak, and lashing out at what they wish they were free enough to be. Frollo is not cool.

Jorp is Frollo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3NoDEu7kpg

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Jorp is Frollo.

I am of the opinion that Frollo is cool because he is an extremely human monster who very much represents those who choose to judge others and refuse to reflect on themselves. The difference between Jorp and Frollo is that Jorp is a real person who hurts real people, while Frollo is fictional, sings a song in the gorgeous baritone of Sir Tony Jay about how it's the women's fault he's so horny (with obvious subtext about who's really at fault) and also climactically dies as a direct consequence of his own actions while hallucinating his balls off.

Jorp is Frollo, but one sucks because they are a real person, and one rules because they exist in a fictional universe with a sense of justice (and are voiced by Tony Jay).

like this guy would obviously be telling everyone who'd listen that it's women's fault he sexually harassed them because they chose to wear lipstick and skirts

it's not a very subtle scene

Zulily Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Apr 8, 2021

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Okay so I had no idea who Frollo so I looked him up. The disney Wiki explains:

"Aside from his political authority, Frollo is a religious zealot with intolerance for sinners. He believes Romani people (or "gypsies", as he refers to them) to be the most heinous of all malefactors, and therefore dedicates twenty years of his life to eradicating them. Frollo's self-imposed mission drives him to perform inhumane acts of violence, all the while using his loyalty to God as justification."

So pretty evil but a small lol at the "or gypsys..." line just adding another layer to what a scum he is, as if anyone within Disney or their fandom took issue with the term in 1996.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

i've never seen the hunchback of notre dame, but that subject matter seems pretty heavy for a company like disney

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

cool villains have compelling speaking voices so that they sound good when they issue threats and deliver their big monologue. peterson is disqualified from the getgo entirely regardless of his ideology or motivation

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Jorp is the EPA guy from Ghostbusters

Jorp is Frank Grimes

Jorp is every incel teen mass shooter

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

Earwicker posted:

cool villains have compelling speaking voices so that they sound good when they issue threats and deliver their big monologue. peterson is disqualified from the getgo entirely regardless of his ideology or motivation

Bane crawled so Jordan could limp

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Hmmm "interesting" choice of colors and geometry. I'm sure it's a total coincidence that it wouldn't visually stick out on a list of neo-nazi symbols.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Yes, it’s true.

Dr. Jordan Peterson has no dick.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

jorp hates the EPA :colbert:

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Palpek posted:

Hmmm "interesting" choice of colors and geometry. I'm sure it's a total coincidence that it wouldn't visually stick out on a list of neo-nazi symbols.

no no no you totally see it's a parody of the hydra logo!

(the hydra logo being the super nazis lol)

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
"So you think I'm a fascist? Well, I'll show you a real fascist!"

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Ugliest Canadian Rex Murphy chimed in today, which is, y'know... always painful and dumb.

https://twitter.com/speechater/status/1380167611929882625?s=19

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

After this latest imagined demonization Jorp must be furiously masturbating his remaining life energy away, probably as furiously as to the dreams of his grandma's pubes.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Ugliest Canadian Rex Murphy chimed in today, which is, y'know... always painful and dumb.

https://twitter.com/speechater/status/1380167611929882625?s=19

It's crazy that Rex Murphy used to be a staple on the CBC

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

MakaVillian posted:

Yeah, Cross Country Checkup was awesome, especially with that theme song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8bdt6q1tG8

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Apr 9, 2021

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james

New Brotherhood of Nod logo looking good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

MakaVillian posted:

Not really, they've always have Tories on there.

Despite jorp & the Canadian Right moaning about commie broadcasting for decades the CBC is solidly liberal in sympathy and POV, with the odd conservative commentator and leftish guest on for "balance" or "colour".

Ol Murph has always been kinda dumb but he's gotten steadily more unhinged with age