Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
my favorite tonic is Jack Rudy Cocktail Co's it's fuckin amazing but i dont really know where to buy it regularly and it is pricey. I usually just get the grocery store brand but if costco has fever tree ya boy is about to go next level on g&t's this season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005
Grimey Drawer

thathonkey posted:

my favorite tonic is Jack Rudy Cocktail Co's it's fuckin amazing but i dont really know where to buy it regularly and it is pricey. I usually just get the grocery store brand but if costco has fever tree ya boy is about to go next level on g&t's this season

I get the tonic syrup and make it with my soda stream. I agree, it’s great.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
Q Tonic is my favorite but at the end of the day, any G&T is a good G&T

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
My fav thing to have with gin is cranberry ginger ale, I stockpile it during the holiday season. Has just the right amount of tartness and pairs really nicely!

I wish Costco here had more of a soda selection it is pretty much just coke and multi packs with cursed cream soda in it, the worst soda.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

G&T is disgusting please stop posting about them.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

bird with big dick posted:

:wrong:

Barry posted:

Q Tonic is my favorite but at the end of the day, any G&T is a good G&T

This is also :wrong:

Try some American Gin and then come back and say the same thing.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

love to drink gin while eating the noodles everyone hates. the perfect combination

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
My point stands, American Gin sucks and is automatically disqualified

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

I hope you buy the chicken bakes at the food court

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

also if your foodsaver no longer sucks you probably just need to replace the gasket. example https://www.amazon.com/FoodSaver-Ga...0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/08/business/costco-food-courts-hot-dogs/index.html

Hell yes churros coming back

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Mine has had them back for a while, they're twisty and in different packaging than before (no foil) but they're drat good

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

priznat posted:

My fav thing to have with gin is cranberry ginger ale, I stockpile it during the holiday season. Has just the right amount of tartness and pairs really nicely!

I wish Costco here had more of a soda selection it is pretty much just coke and multi packs with cursed cream soda in it, the worst soda.

I've never found Costco soda prices to be very good unless you're always buying it at the regular price in other stores. At my local grocery store (Safeway) Coke/Pepsi products have big sales all the time and it brings the price per can much lower than Costco, so I just wait and then buy a few packs.

And yeah, the selection sucks. It's the same story with price for cases of beer at Costco too, but at least in the PNW they have a lot of good craft selections and the prices are decent, just not the best.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

what the gently caress

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Hell Yeah posted:

love to drink gin while eating the noodles everyone hates. the perfect combination

i boil gin instead of water to cook the noodles

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
you can add quinine and lime after to give it a "tonic" kick

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Hell Yeah posted:

also if your foodsaver no longer sucks you probably just need to replace the gasket. example https://www.amazon.com/FoodSaver-Ga...0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Whoa, recommended to replace them annually? Well there’s my problem I suppose! Probably should have read the manual :haw: will give that a try!

Ror posted:

I've never found Costco soda prices to be very good unless you're always buying it at the regular price in other stores. At my local grocery store (Safeway) Coke/Pepsi products have big sales all the time and it brings the price per can much lower than Costco, so I just wait and then buy a few packs.

And yeah, the selection sucks. It's the same story with price for cases of beer at Costco too, but at least in the PNW they have a lot of good craft selections and the prices are decent, just not the best.

Yeah I usually just get stuff at my supermarket too, only on sale though. I do sometimes get the flats of coke just because I’m there.

Lately costco has bern my go to for fruit, because my kids go through it so drat fast. Their grapes are usually pretty amazing tbh, much better than the supermarket I go to.

priznat fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Apr 8, 2021

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

Martman posted:

I've heard the Fever Tree ginger beer is good too, guess I might try some with whiskey or somethin.

Can confirm it's the real deal. Drinking it straight is like drinking floor cleaner. I don't think there are any added sugars or flavors. If you're not going in expecting Reed's or something, you'll get exactly what you want: ginger + bubbles.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Barry posted:

My point stands, American Gin sucks and is automatically disqualified

Is American Gin a brand? Because if you are speaking generally about gin made in the states then you are very wrong and there are some fantastic American gins.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

El Jebus posted:

Is American Gin a brand? Because if you are speaking generally about gin made in the states then you are very wrong and there are some fantastic American gins.

America has one brand of gin. From the "American Gin" company. Probably not hundreds or even thousands that totally all would suck.

I'm not a fan of gin though. I always have vodka tonics with a lime that I squeeze into it and drop it in.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
smuggler's notch 802 gin (made in vermont) is my favorite. better than tanq 10

haven't had it in a while because i like it too much

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

El Jebus posted:

Well I sure haven’t had one.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I don't know poo poo about gin and buy Bombay Sapphire because I like the bottle, pretty much.

Disappointed the gin is clear and not light blue like it looks like from the bottle :haw:

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo
Double post.

MisterOblivious fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Apr 8, 2021

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

MisterOblivious posted:

I worked at a bottling plant and tonic does not want to stay in the bottle. It was the most pain in the rear end thing to bottle.

Mt Dew, like 900 bottles a minute

Diet Pepsi, a giant pain in the rear end to keep in the bottle: 350

Tonic water? If you see 150 it's a loving miracle. 100 wasn't unheard of.

If you've ever wonder why the hell tonic water and club soda are so expensive, they cost like 8 times as much labor dollars to fill a bottle as Mt Dew. It's literally cheaper to pump tap water into bottles. (**Literally** literally, even though water bottles get treated with ozone, UV and pumped with liquid nitrogen.)

Club soda is the single hardest thing to bottle yet it has the simplest ingredient list. When you saw that on the schedule you'd know the you were about to work a 16 hour shift. Every time, without fail.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Man I can't even find the 24-pack I was talking about online, it was actually 3 8-packs wrapped as one unit. I think it was like 15 dollars though, so having a perfect tasting strong G&T for like a dollar is fine by me!

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

priznat posted:

I don't know poo poo about gin and buy Bombay Sapphire because I like the bottle, pretty much.

Disappointed the gin is clear and not light blue like it looks like from the bottle :haw:

bombay sapphire is really good and i agree the bottle is quite nice to boot

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

I’m a Gordon’s guy because it’s classic, cheap, and good; and you’re always mixing other stuff in there anyway so it doesn’t need to be fancy

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Gin bottles should come with scratch and sniff labels.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

poisonpill posted:

I’m a Gordon’s guy because it’s classic, cheap, and good; and you’re always mixing other stuff in there anyway so it doesn’t need to be fancy

That’s how I feel. My palate is not refined enough to spend $40 on some gunpowder gin or whatever when I’m just making a Negroni or gin and tonic.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

thathonkey posted:

bombay sapphire is really good and i agree the bottle is quite nice to boot

this being said for g&t i just buy the handle of regular bombay. it doesnt look as nice but its way cheaper and you mostly cant tell the diff in cocktail

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I wanted to go to church today but I had to take my car to the shop instead :mad:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Oooh look at me I’m drinking gin I’m a fancy lad or perhaps an extremely old lady pour me another Tom Collins Esmerelda I think there’s time before the wheel of fortune bonus round

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
Anyone have hot insider info on whether the Calphalon quartz toaster oven is going on sale soon? My local 'co is getting rid of the $200 Cuisinart unit and the Calphalon is on display, but there are no units in the warehouse yet. The price tag showed $180, which is how much it is online.

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

StormDrain posted:

Gin bottles should come with scratch and sniff labels.

Next best idea right here!

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
Has anyone's Costco had those thicc dark grey merino wool socks anymore? I havent seen em at mine for over a year (actually longer than that) now and I'm mostly running out

holes are devouring them

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Oooh look at me I’m drinking gin I’m a fancy lad or perhaps an extremely old lady pour me another Tom Collins Esmerelda I think there’s time before the wheel of fortune bonus round

Booze makes wheel halfway tolerable!

I will cop to being too much of a sissy lad to drink straight hard alcohol and think whiskey tastes like gasoline

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Xaris posted:

Has anyone's Costco had those thicc dark grey merino wool socks anymore? I havent seen em at mine for over a year (actually longer than that) now and I'm mostly running out

holes are devouring them

Mad they're not 100% wool. Bloomingdale's sells them, but they're like 25 bucks a pair on sale. BS, but on the occasions I wear dress shoes they are so nice.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

priznat posted:

Booze makes wheel halfway tolerable!

I will cop to being too much of a sissy lad to drink straight hard alcohol and think whiskey tastes like gasoline

I love bourbon and think most Jack Daniels, Jim beam, and similar common whiskeys taste like gasoline. Good stuff is worth the price and a lot smoother (don't breathe out through your nose though, that can still burn)

No shame if it's not your jam, I just love sharing actually good liquor with people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

If your 'Stco has Suntory in stock, I highly, HIGHLY recommend you buy some. It's excellent Japanese Whisky and at a great price, ten bucks less than at any other store.