Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

lmao ok

edit: i am proud of this page snipe

Procrastinator fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Apr 8, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
sort of a flat finish after all that.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Eh... lame ending where they slowed the whole match down just for that cross body off the skull. Didn’t make much sense for Io to hit 3 big moves on the ramp and a moonsault in the ring and not win it.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Astro7x posted:

Eh... lame ending where they slowed the whole match down just for that cross body off the skull. Didn’t make much sense for Io to hit 3 big moves on the ramp and a moonsault in the ring and not win it.

I said it before, and I'll say it again. Raquel is super loving limited at the end of the day and she's gonna get exposed quickly.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I get the feeling she won't hold it for long and Dakota is gonna steal it from her somehow.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Welp, now I don't have to give a poo poo about NXT whatsoever.

It's a good feeling.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Didn't watch but did Raquel sell a bit after the moves? Maybe they were trying to sell her as a big hoss in the vein of a WALTER where she doesn't go down easily but if you get caught with a move from her, it's like death.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

TV Zombie posted:

Didn't watch but did Raquel sell a bit after the moves? Maybe they were trying to sell her as a big hoss in the vein of a WALTER where she doesn't go down easily but if you get caught with a move from her, it's like death.

Who knows. They showed about 20 full screen replays of that moonsault.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I think the Capital One Wrestling Center or whatever the gently caress it is called would be my one of my favorite wrestling venues ever if they would just turn off the fan cams. That wrap around screen is dope and the graphics they use are so much better than WWE normally uses, maybe that is because it is a full sail run thing. And fans behind actual cages is always cool and they had really good energy tonight . Then they put the washed out bored fans up there with the lovely cage overlay and it really kills it.

That aside, Good show. Sad Io lost but I also expected it. My surprise of the night was how much I enjoyed the gauntlet match since those usually suck in WWE.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

abraham linksys posted:

that said, i wonder if he could have just made the transition to heavyweight there, in retrospect?

KUSHIDA wanted to make the jump up but they wouldn't let him. His case is a real unfortunate sense of timing cause if his contract had ended even 6 months later AEW would have been starting to cook and he could probably have made inroads there instead

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

abraham linksys posted:

kushida's so weird bc of all the people who left japan for wwe, he's the one i have the most sympathy for: he had absolutely topped out in njpw in a somewhat stagnant division that was going to get fastier and flippier and not work as well with his style. seems like he wanted to go somewhere very new and have the opportunity to get into pc training, i think?

that said, i wonder if he could have just made the transition to heavyweight there, in retrospect?

Nah, KUSHIDA is 5'9 & 185lbs, he's not passing as a Heavyweight in New Japan. You have to be taller like ZSJ or built like a brick shithouse like Ishii. Honestly, he probably should've gone to DDT but they wouldn't be as well so you can understand why he'd go to WWE despite everything.

Astro7x posted:

That match... good god.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a bad Walter match on a Takeover.

I don't think I've ever seen a bad Walter match. Although I did want to turn this one off when he came out & the piped in boos were awful sounding. But it's WWE so I should expect them to at last find a way to make watching Walter hit people a chore. But a chore I will endure for my favourite large European baby.

Ciampa's intangible is "psychotic". Walter's is "unbeatable". These are really loving dumb. The video wall is also super distracting. The main focal point of a wrestling match should be the wrestlers, the BT Sport empty arena setup is so much less annoying than this.

Walter chopping part of a desk in half is probably in the top ten coolest spots of the year despite being about as basic as you can get.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Apr 8, 2021

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
My favourite part was Walter being unable to use his chop and spamming the big boot instead.

He's never had a bad match as NXT UK champion. The initial match where he defeated Dunne was one of the best matches I've ever seen and the Bate defence was the best match I've ever seen live, such an incredible atmosphere in the Motor Point.

Walter rules, even in WWE.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I saw him live in Dublin beating the poo poo out of Ospreay and it was pretty amazing

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

YourHumbleMessiah posted:

WALTER is murder incarnate

I love him. I think he's my favourite wrestler in WWE and maybe the world

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Rick posted:

That wrap around screen is dope and the graphics they use are so much better than WWE normally uses

Yeah and seeing the matchup in huge letters rules. The fan cam stuff sucks, it’s like Vince saw how badass everything looked and just had to interject.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Rick posted:

My surprise of the night was how much I enjoyed the gauntlet match since those usually suck in WWE.

Yeah, I thought it was going to be an actual gauntlet match, but it was actually a mini Aztec Warfare.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I love him. I think he's my favourite wrestler in WWE and maybe the world

I particularly admire the fact that he seemingly has no interest in the main roster, NXT, or the US full time. And, somehow, so far, he's gotten away with it.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I know no one is watching the preshow but they forgot to mute computer notifications on their zoom/skype calls and it's loving hilarious

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
why does drake's music sound like something they'd play underneath a trailer for a netflix family sitcom reboot

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Did Samoa Joe just get demoted to sitdown interviewer for NXT? I've tuned out commentary entirely so I don't know if he's been on RAW or Smackdown tbh

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

RealFoxy posted:

Did Samoa Joe just get demoted to sitdown interviewer for NXT? I've tuned out commentary entirely so I don't know if he's been on RAW or Smackdown tbh

He's been commentary for a while because he can't get cleared.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Man my Peacock stream is like 2 minutes behind.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Codependent Poster posted:

Man my Peacock stream is like 2 minutes behind.

I don't even see it on Peacock at all

Edit: Seriously where the gently caress is it? USA is showing Chrisley

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Apr 9, 2021

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Pylons posted:

He's been commentary for a while because he can't get cleared.
I mean from commentary to backstage

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

this sucks so much lmao

ycabb
Oct 31, 2010

Digital Jedi posted:

I don't even see it on Peacock at all

Edit: Seriously where the gently caress is it? USA is showing Chrisley

On pc there’s a WWE tab.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I still can’t find these PPVs in the Peacock app on my phone. I have to specifically search for it to show up.

And did this start at 8pm EST? The show says it started an hour ago

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

ycabb posted:

On pc there’s a WWE tab.

Can't find it again. Found it last night but not tonight.

Edit: Jesus I was on the wrong peacock. I was trying to go through NBC and clicking Peacock.

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Apr 9, 2021

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

This is the first time i have seen Jordan Devlin and he does not seem like much, which I guess is good being as he's also a sex pest.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Digital Jedi posted:

Can't find it again. Found it last night but not tonight.

Edit: Jesus I was on the wrong peacock. I was trying to go through NBC and clicking Peacock.

Wrong peacock? Shouldn’t it go through NBC?

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

TV Zombie posted:

Wrong peacock? Shouldn’t it go through NBC?

I have NBC bookmarked and their top bar has Peacock that goes to https://www.nbc.com/networks/peacock. Which is just their signup or something instead of linking directly to https://www.peacocktv.com/

ycabb
Oct 31, 2010

CarlCX posted:

This is the first time i have seen Jordan Devlin and he does not seem like much, which I guess is good being as he's also a sex pest.

Oh right, that’s why his name is familiar . Haven’t watched any wwe stuff in over a year. Only watching now because I get free peacock with my overpriced internet.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Good enough friends to interfere so you don't lose but not good enough to just stick around for another 30 seconds so you can win.

Oh you still won so I guess whatever.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I’ve realized another factor in why I can’t recognize anyone’s music anymore (aside from def rebel being horrible). There are constantly three people talking where no moment can ever just breathe.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Watching Ember Moon play second fiddle in a tag team is deeply depressing.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Shotzi hates her neck as much as Kota Ibushi does

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Benne posted:

Shotzi hates her neck as much as Kota Ibushi does

That tope into the barricade looked brutal

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it sucks the big one to see how sad and depressed people are about their standing in wwe and then read about them killing themselves for it the same day

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

Cavauro posted:

it sucks the big one to see how sad and depressed people are about their standing in wwe and then read about them killing themselves for it the same day

Who in that match was bummed about their standing in WWE?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Le Saboteur posted:

Who in that match was bummed about their standing in WWE?

Candice probably.