Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Hmm............ I'll allow it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Sazerac Rye is loving delicious and Ive seen it sold at Costco before at a good price

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010

Ror posted:

I've never found Costco soda prices to be very good unless you're always buying it at the regular price in other stores. At my local grocery store (Safeway) Coke/Pepsi products have big sales all the time and it brings the price per can much lower than Costco, so I just wait and then buy a few packs.

Have you bought a 12 pack from the grocery store in the last year? Because I haven't seen Pepsi or Coke at any grocery store for less than $5/12 since last easter, even Shasta is up to $3.

RocketLunatic
May 6, 2005
i love lamp.

DarkHorse posted:

I love bourbon and think most Jack Daniels, Jim beam, and similar common whiskeys taste like gasoline. Good stuff is worth the price and a lot smoother (don't breathe out through your nose though, that can still burn)

No shame if it's not your jam, I just love sharing actually good liquor with people

I've decided it's time to grow up and shift to more bourbon and whiskey, so if you can recommend any Costco mainstays on that end, I'll be adding it to my shopping list.

I picked up the Kirkland Canadian blended, and while I wouldn't say it is the best whiskey I've ever had, it's been refreshing with a few ice cubes at the end of a long week. I'm ready for something better though.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Gin is gross. Costco spiced rum all day babbyyy

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Not all day actually. Drinkin liqour is hard work for me now adays

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Gin is for alcoholics. Thats why it's so good

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The best liquor is the cheapest bottom shelf vodka you can find mixed with lukewarm diet mtn dew

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I really like the new Kirkland Jack Daniels knockoff as a daily driver and supplement with fancier stuff on the weekends.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Evan Williams bourbon 4 lyfe. Kirkland stuff is pretty good too.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Chinatown posted:

Evan Williams bourbon 4 lyfe. Kirkland stuff is pretty good too.

I just brought up Evan Williams in another thread. Cheap as poo poo. Like $17 for a 750ml bottle here. But it's not bad for what it is. Then Tullamore Dew and Jameson. And I'm not talking a mixer, but a sipper.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

DarkHorse posted:

I love bourbon and think most Jack Daniels, Jim beam, and similar common whiskeys taste like gasoline. Good stuff is worth the price and a lot smoother (don't breathe out through your nose though, that can still burn)

No shame if it's not your jam, I just love sharing actually good liquor with people

I will always try it when offered I just would never buy it on my own solo consumption :haw:

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Gaius Marius posted:

The best liquor is the cheapest bottom shelf vodka you can find mixed with lukewarm diet mtn dew

Only if the dew bottle has been half-empty and sitting on a windowsill for a week.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

w...why?

I'm legitimately curious. I always assumed all those drinks got slammed in a bottle and the top thrown on with a machine and it made no difference, and it was all the same poo poo.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I assume based on zero knowledge that it's entirely due to tonic having a lot more carbonation in it

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

MarcusSA posted:

Well I sure haven’t had one.

Ransom's Old Tom Gin is my favorite.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I might give that a shot. The blurb makes it sound interesting.

I think my issue with American gins is how junipery they are.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

They've been back for a while at mine and sadly, are not very good

Get the ice cream instead

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Weird. Why? Are they more carbonated? Or does the no/less sugar make a difference?

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Skinnymansbeerbelly posted:

Have you bought a 12 pack from the grocery store in the last year? Because I haven't seen Pepsi or Coke at any grocery store for less than $5/12 since last easter, even Shasta is up to $3.

Around here the base price is $5-6 and they're always on sale buy 2 get 1 free and sometimes b2g2. Right now Safeway has pepsi 12pks 4 for $11.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Republicans posted:

Around here the base price is $5-6 and they're always on sale buy 2 get 1 free and sometimes b2g2. Right now Safeway has pepsi 12pks 4 for $11.

Yeah, it's this exact deal for me, I always wait for buy 2 get 2. I basically try not to pay more than 25 cents for a can of soda and Costco never goes that low. Also they don't have Vanilla Coke. But I know I shouldn't drink much soda anyway, so I'll go without or buy generic before I pay more.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Soda: $.25/can
Beer: $1/bottle
Jamon: $65 de pierna
Hot Dog: $1.50

Never pay more than this.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

poisonpill posted:

Soda: $.25/can
Beer: $1/bottle
Jamon: $65 de pierna
Hot Dog: $1.50

Never pay more than this.
Is that your order every time?

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Martman posted:

Is that your order every time?

+ free refill

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

El Jebus posted:

Is American Gin a brand? Because if you are speaking generally about gin made in the states then you are very wrong and there are some fantastic American gins.

I wasn't really that serious as I've only had a handful of American produced gins but they've mostly been pretty mediocre at best. The one exception is Koval, their gin is great (and their bourbon is bad). Since I know that I like all the old standby European brands and don't drink much gin in general, I don't really go out of my way to try new ones.

thathonkey posted:

this being said for g&t i just buy the handle of regular bombay. it doesnt look as nice but its way cheaper and you mostly cant tell the diff in cocktail

I feel the opposite - I have the least refined palate ever but G&T is such a simple drink that it's so easy to tell the different taste of the G or the T. Just the same, besides the occasional splurge on some Martin Miller's or Hendrick's or whatever, I just tend to get a handle of whatever Bombay or Tanqueray (or Gordons) product is cheapest that I'm in the mood for.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Wonder if I could argue with the food court that my $1.50 hot dog and soda + refill and also includes a refill on the dog?

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

FCKGW posted:

Wonder if I could argue with the food court that my $1.50 hot dog and soda + refill and also includes a refill on the dog?

We are already so blessed, though, with the dog and free drink refill deal! It is manna from heaven -- who are we to ask for more in the name of semantics?

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

The Walrus posted:

Weird. Why? Are they more carbonated? Or does the no/less sugar make a difference?

I can say for certain, but it's probably the baking soda. Plain carbonated water (H2Oh!) wasn't as big of a problem. Sugar free soda does erupt from the bottles a lot faster than sugared soda.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I splurge and drop like 5.50$ for the chicken bake and strawberry sundae.

If you don’t like gin, try a gimlet with fresh lime juice and it should change your mind, at least it did for me.

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010
I think I must live in a test market for Coke, because I haven't seen Vanilla or 12 packs go on sale in over a year, which makes the 'co flat compelling. And I have been looking, Winco, Safeway, the supermercado, everywhere. It's enough to drive a goon to Shasta.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Skinnymansbeerbelly posted:

I think I must live in a test market for Coke, because I haven't seen Vanilla or 12 packs go on sale in over a year, which makes the 'co flat compelling. And I have been looking, Winco, Safeway, the supermercado, everywhere. It's enough to drive a goon to Shasta.

Nothing should ever drive you to Shasta. You could buy a concession stand soda dispenser and get sizzurp to deliver cheap coke to your maw.

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?
oh gently caress. apparently costco has whole jackfruit (~18 lbs) for $13.99. WUT.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Man I miss Vanilla Coke. We haven’t had it here in over a decade. Cherry Coke seems to come and go.

I like all the weirdo sodas.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Cinnamon Coke with Whisky.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Mexican coke. Add flavoured vodka or whiskey or rum of your choosing.

Vanilla vodka = vanilla coke

Cherry vodka = cherry coke

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Love it when costco here had the fiesta pack with mexican coke/sprite/orange fanta. Or the glass bottles of A&w root beer (also made with cane sugar). Sadly haven’t seen either in a while.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

durrneez posted:

oh gently caress. apparently costco has whole jackfruit (~18 lbs) for $13.99. WUT.

https://youtu.be/odnHFCiPjO4

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

Dear Costco Thread,

I can't believe it finally happened to me.

This is the first time I've seen Bitchin' Sauce in my area, I've been going to Costcos for like eight years now? Was actually at the one near my parents instead of my usual as I had some other errands in the area, we'll see if the one near me has it when I next go there.

Tried some once I got home, it's pretty good!

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

they're taking photos of the bitch sauce again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Ayndin posted:

Dear Costco Thread,

I can't believe it finally happened to me.

This is the first time I've seen Bitchin' Sauce in my area, I've been going to Costcos for like eight years now? Was actually at the one near my parents instead of my usual as I had some other errands in the area, we'll see if the one near me has it when I next go there.

Tried some once I got home, it's pretty good!

Buy several pounds of celery/broccoli/carrots/cucumbers etc. and eat that poo poo in a week. It does not last very long once you open it.