Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Holy poo poo I cannot believe they pulled a Gandalf

I loving love this podcast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
OP for some reason you listed Glenn Close as a dad

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

goblin week posted:

Yeah and it's so weird that Jodie Foster isn't in the title image even though he's been there literally the whole time??? :confused:

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Just Chamber posted:

Omg Beth's voice

I thought you were just messing around, but holy poo poo. I know it's temporary but you can hear everyone laughing in the background almost every time she talks, and it's just perfect.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Her just struggling through the intro was good enough on its own. That and having an S in Invisalign had me giggling

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

"I punch Infinite Jest," made me laugh way too hard.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!

goblin week posted:

That's because you only believe the official story like a narc.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

Just Chamber posted:

Omg Beth's voice

It turned me on so much. I’m very upset with myself.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Real talk though I want the OP to be "hey you should listen to this show!" and to not spoil more than it needs to. I don't want to do what keeps happening for me with audiobooks/podcasts where I look up a character's name to remind myself of spelling or something, just to see the wiki article referring to said character in the past tense.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I've fallen behind on this podcast, and I just got a patreon notification for a special called "Gungans & Daddies: All That Jizz" and man, I gotta catch up, i love these weirdos

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

The second half of this week's episode is wild.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

This episode is 100% a new favorite. Just killing it all the way through.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

anthony and ashly both revealing eachothers' teenaged fanfiction.net stories was incredible

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

eke out posted:

anthony and ashly both revealing eachothers' teenaged fanfiction.net stories was incredible

Yeah, that was when I had to pause it at work because I was holding back a burst of laughter.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

eke out posted:

That prompted me to nervously pull up fanfiction.net to see if my high school works were still there

they are

no I will not

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

timp posted:

That prompted me to nervously pull up fanfiction.net to see if my high school works were still there

they are

no I will not

Did you at least look up theirs?

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

seaborgium posted:

Did you at least look up theirs?

I actually could not find Anthony's in my searches. Will found it very easily during the recording so it seems like he probably deleted it? But luckily some guy on their Discord has you covered if you're curious:
Nick Poodoo: Action Scientist by Anthony Burch
I certainly didn't read any of it, but skimming through it looks just as cringey as you'd imagine some Half-Life fan fiction written by a middle schooler to be

I did however manage to find Ashly's account, including the seminal What the f**k is "lol"? My review: Not bad. Enjoyed the George Carlin reference.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Surprisingly moved by ep 14

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Came upon posts by this Redditor, ExOh95 (Paula), who makes some really high-quality animations, a few of which are from DADDPOD.

This is from one of my favorite exchanges:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DungeonsAndDaddies/comments/igc7sl/ns_dumb_idiot_who_has_a_lot_of_charisma/

Anthony: "You have a plus seven to persuasion?!"
Freddy: "I specced all Charisma. I'm a dumb idiot who has a lot of charisma."
Anthony: "That's- I mean, alright. And just as was your dream when you specced that way, you have now convinced an eight year-old.. (to throw a fight)."

The first time Henry loses his poo poo:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DungeonsAndDaddies/comments/hhkx0c/ns_animated_another_clip_from_ep_1_one_of_my/

The famous stinger from Ep. 1 that kept us coming back:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DungeonsAndDaddies/comments/h8avzv/ns_i_animated_a_clip_from_ep_1_of_dungeons_and/

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Pennsylvanian posted:

Came upon posts by this Redditor, ExOh95 (Paula), who makes some really high-quality animations, a few of which are from DADDPOD.

This is from one of my favorite exchanges:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DungeonsAndDaddies/comments/igc7sl/ns_dumb_idiot_who_has_a_lot_of_charisma/

Anthony: "You have a plus seven to persuasion?!"
Freddy: "I specced all Charisma. I'm a dumb idiot who has a lot of charisma."
Anthony: "That's- I mean, alright. And just as was your dream when you specced that way, you have now convinced an eight year-old.. (to throw a fight)."

The first time Henry loses his poo poo:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DungeonsAndDaddies/comments/hhkx0c/ns_animated_another_clip_from_ep_1_one_of_my/

The famous stinger from Ep. 1 that kept us coming back:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DungeonsAndDaddies/comments/h8avzv/ns_i_animated_a_clip_from_ep_1_of_dungeons_and/

the things professional animators can just whip up in their free time are terrifying

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

drat it, now I have to start listening to this podcast

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
I'm starting to think I should listen to this and not just lurk the thread

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Evil Agita posted:

I'm starting to think I should listen to this and not just lurk the thread

That would be a super good thing to do! And hey, in fact: other lurkers in this thread, this show is one of maybe two or three podcasts I would recommend to real outside meat-humans without reservation or stipulation - and that's a strong feat for any podcast, let alone a DnD actual play. If you've read any of our commentary and think this show might be up your alley, start from the start and give it a few episodes, you'll probably enjoy it!

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

Do make sure to listen after the end credits though, there's usually a bit they cut from the main episode that's still pretty funny.

Also, enjoy Beth's quest for a new mattress story that carries on through the ads, and now has a second character.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

She had another animation that I accidentally skipped over.

Henry lends Darryl a hand:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DungeonsAndDaddies/comments/j8ug4w/spoiler_kinda_spoiler_for_ep_23_i_climbed_out_of/

torn grimoire
Mar 21, 2021

something is clearly WRONG
i just wanna say that i subscribed to the patreon, it's the first patreon i've ever... subscribed to, and the bonus content/discord server are very worth it. "at the mountains of dadness" (call of cthulhu game, and a prequel to d&daddies) and "all that jizz" (star wars campaign, only one episode so far) are both horrifying and hilarious, respectively.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

torn grimoire posted:

i just wanna say that i subscribed to the patreon, it's the first patreon i've ever... subscribed to, and the bonus content/discord server are very worth it. "at the mountains of dadness" (call of cthulhu game, and a prequel to d&daddies) and "all that jizz" (star wars campaign, only one episode so far) are both horrifying and hilarious, respectively.

me, this morning: ugh I have too many patreons, I should trim the ones I never really listen to or get anything from anymore.

me, five minutes ago: gently caress I gotta give the Daddies five bucks

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I started listening to the Star Wars bonus eps and it is a banger right out of the gate

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
How in the HELL did they actually shell out money for the actual Star Wars fanfare? They really went all out for this.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Crazyeyes posted:

How in the HELL did they actually shell out money for the actual Star Wars fanfare? They really went all out for this.

guys I cannot stress enough if you like the podcast this is 100% up there with NAADPOD in the 'holy poo poo you get a lot for five bucks' because they do not gently caress around here.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Anthony’s Star Wars alien voice talent is unreal

E: the end of part 1 is savage

Ainsley McTree fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Apr 18, 2021

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Seven minutes into the new episode and this is already the rowdiest thing since they all pulled from the deck holy poo poo unplug the phone for this one

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

i'm still catching up, but i just listened to the talking dad ep last night where they talked about doing a bodyswap episode, so it was very funny to see the name of today's episode pop up in my feed this morning

like as soon as they started discussing the idea i was like "oh boy i bet they're actually going to do this" and then they started saying "we're definitely going to do this" and i can't wait

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

DoombatINC posted:

Seven minutes into the new episode and this is already the rowdiest thing since they all pulled from the deck holy poo poo unplug the phone for this one

"Rowdy" barely does it justice.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

The loving whiplash in this episode makes Anthony and Ashly's sniping at each other look tame, I am loving it

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Will as Ron talking to Anthony as Beth while actual-Beth can only sit and watch is some for your consideration poo poo, give this show eight awards

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

I am on the prowl for any and all Dee Snyder fanart.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Anthony sort of hinted at the fact that those swaps were random but I don’t believe that son of a bitch for one second. They were all just too perfect to be chosen at random. Half of them even said during the last Talking Dad that they’d like to take on the very dad that they called.

...not that I’m complaining, mind you. In fact I hope he DID stack the deck to make it happen like that. Everyone did an incredible and scathing job, I was cackling the whole time

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

timp posted:

Anthony sort of hinted at the fact that those swaps were random but I don’t believe that son of a bitch for one second. They were all just too perfect to be chosen at random. Half of them even said during the last Talking Dad that they’d like to take on the very dad that they called.

...not that I’m complaining, mind you. In fact I hope he DID stack the deck to make it happen like that. Everyone did an incredible and scathing job, I was cackling the whole time

Yeah there was no way there wasn't going to be a Glenn/Jodie switch, and it was worth it. Freddy laying into Jody about the plantations, musical preference (including Jimmy's reversal), and dad gut were all A+ material.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I think the swap was probably influenced by the talking dads episode, because it was perfect. I think the second swap was probably the original rotation, and now Beth holds the keys to loving incinerate the whole podcast with a single thought.