Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Digital Jedi posted:

Figured Kross was going to win but what a wet fart of a match. And I can say I don't look forward to any future match of his.

poo poo give me Lumis over him

Yeah I would only be excited if WALTER decided he wanted to have both belts, or if KOR faced him and showed him real MMA work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
The amount of takeovers I've seen where the title match is the worst match on the card is pretty amazing. I miss Andrade's main event run.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

Codependent Poster posted:

Yeah I would only be excited if WALTER decided he wanted to have both belts, or if KOR faced him and showed him real MMA work

Why try and get an ugly belt when you're WALTER and already have the best looking belt in WWE?

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Some part of me tuning into this so intently was to figure out if I was going to go back to watching NXT now that it's going to be possible to do so again, but in terms of these shows making an argument for it, man.

The women's champion is someone I don't like, the men's champion is someone I don't like, Johnny Gargano is the eternal boss of the midcard, a ton of interesting women's talent is locked up in the most pointless tag division possible, and their big up and comers on their way through the card are, like, Dexter Lumis and Eli Drake.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/WWENetwork/status/1380338024131788803

ok

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
The only good Def Rebel them is Io’s.

Man both of these suck...

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Remember when ROH put the belt on O'Reilly even when he clearly wasn't re-signing, he dropped it to Cole like 2 weeks later, and now both guys are in NXT lol

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Blaise330 posted:

The amount of takeovers I've seen where the title match is the worst match on the card is pretty amazing. I miss Andrade's main event run.

How many takeovers would that be?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
how about 'carry on' kross and he just does double-entendre schtick from dated 70s british comedies

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
This all feels way too cute for what's supposed to be a violent blood feud

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
lol... KOR with the weakest looking kicks with the chain wrapped around his leg

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Seams posted:

how about 'carry on' kross and he just does double-entendre schtick from dated 70s british comedies

If Kross started speaking like Kenneth Williams and doing his mannerisms, it would be harder to hate him for his lovely beliefs.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
God this is every boring-rear end LOOK HOW EPIC AND SERIOUS WE ARE NXT main event ever

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I think gimmick matches nowadays get in the way of the actual good wrestling. I think this would have been a better match if it was a straight up wrestling match. So far it being unsanctioned hasn't really added anything.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Codependent Poster posted:

I think gimmick matches nowadays get in the way of the actual good wrestling. I think this would have been a better match if it was a straight up wrestling match. So far it being unsanctioned hasn't really added anything.

The problem with this match is you never feel like these guys really hate each other, they're just Doing Moves except with the occasional weapon shot. There's no soul.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Benne posted:

The problem with this match is you never feel like these guys really hate each other, they're just Doing Moves except with the occasional weapon shot. There's no soul.

Yeah that's also why I think a wrestling match would be better. They could tell a story without having to work in weapons and stuff that don't really seem like they matter.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

This "crowd" is so lame

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Love it in a match when they just sit down and talk their problems out

Yea, thought this match was going to be really good and it's just good.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Adam Cole...the dumbest man in pro wrestling.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

why is an official interfering in an unsanctioned match

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I've seen enough, this loving sucks

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

It's loving Adam Cole and Kyle O'Reilly, this would've been so good if you just let them loving wrestle each other.

ycabb
Oct 31, 2010
This whole event made me realize how much caring about the characters makes me enjoy wrestling more and how little I care about most characters in nxt because I assume they’re just going to be ruined once they get to the main roster.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

more like baddumb fail

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Adam could use some tips from Britt.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

ycabb posted:

This whole event made me realize how much caring about the characters makes me enjoy wrestling more and how little I care about most characters in nxt because I assume they’re just going to be ruined once they get to the main roster.

wrestling is at its best when there are actual characters and storylines instead of "this guy wants the belt and also he big". You can build a character around those things, but they need to be people, too.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

That skull is just looking down laughing at them, why don't you do something!

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

ycabb posted:

Yeah. I can’t get into this because I just don’t care about either guy and their story.

Who cares who wins, it won’t matter in the long run

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_nPp64OrBc

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
lol at Cole getting low blowed on the top rope falling to the apron rolling into the ring, and laying on the chair.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

lmao the loving leg twitch

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

he's busting

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

cool ending spot, though

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

There was a good match somewhere in there, but it was way too long and meandering. Would've been better off just letting them wrestle instead of incorporate weapon spots that didn't do much outside of the cool ending.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

eat chain

adam cole is being stretchered onto the main roster

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

I had never heard Kyle's solo music before this and it is the most generic create a wrestler theme I have ever heard

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Fentry posted:

I had never heard Kyle's solo music before this and it is the most generic create a wrestler theme I have ever heard

I swear every Def Rebel song has like 5 verses that don’t go well together. Being back CFO$

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
That was a 5 star match for me because I smoked a shitload of good weed right before it. Am I the only one who really likes KOR's new theme?

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Fentry posted:

loving all of the post-CFO$ music is this way and it's terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1380350285466513409?s=20

lol