Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

froste
Mar 19, 2003
My favorite part is where it goes mmm mmm, mmmmmm, mmm

e: terrible snype :sicknasty:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

froste posted:

My favorite part is where it goes mmm mmm, mmmmmm, mmm

e: terrible snype :sicknasty:

Nah you’re no fool lol. :v:

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james

~Coxy posted:

Like if your mum had this on CD in the 90s.

6-stack CD player but with Enya and Bonnie Tyler on rotation forever

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained

kntfkr posted:

I thought this thread was going to be about Styx :( Was gonna correct you about the title and had an answer ready about why it's such a banger and everything

I'd read it :shobon:

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy
This thread has been officially HIJACKED by the Enya Liberation Force. Join us comrades, become a member today and let us 'Sail Away' from this capitalist hellscape together

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

Was expecting STYX voted 1.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
at least she's lookin better than sinead

Only registered members can see post attachments!

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER
Nov 11, 2020

H O R S E - S L A U G H T E R E R
i heard that enya basically lives like a 18th century irish catholic aristocrat in a castle overlooking the sea, and paces the ramparts waiting for her sons to return from war and suchlike

My Shark Waifuu
Dec 9, 2012

pablo gbscobar posted:

This thread has been officially HIJACKED by the Enya Liberation Force. Join us comrades, become a member today and let us 'Sail Away' from this capitalist hellscape together

As a former deeply uncool teen with too many Enya CDs, count me in comrade!

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

Enya, enyaaa, don't dream it's over
Eyna enyaaa, When the world comes in
They come, they come
To build a wall between us
We know they won't win

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgIqecROs5M

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

~Coxy posted:

Like if your mum had this on CD in the 90s.

Nah, The Best of Sade filled my mom's obligatory '90s mom music quota. Sade was the Black mom's Enya.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

https://youtu.be/XPk7pRruykg

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Orinoco flow for my Urine ok flow

Debunk This!
Apr 12, 2011

The Orinoco (Spanish pronunciation: [oɾiˈnoko]) is one of the longest rivers in South America at 2,250 kilometres (1,400 mi). Its drainage basin, sometimes known as the Orinoquia, covers 880,000 km2 (340,000 sq mi), with 76.3 percent of it in Venezuela and the remainder in Colombia. It is the fourth largest river in the world by discharge volume of water. The Orinoco River and its tributaries are the major transportation system for eastern and interior Venezuela and the Llanos of Colombia. The environment and wildlife in the Orinoco's basin are extremely diverse.

The river's name is derived from the Warao term for "a place to paddle", itself derived from the terms güiri (paddle) and noko (place) i.e. a navigable place.

The mouth of the Orinoco River at the Atlantic Ocean was documented by Christopher Columbus on 1 August 1498, during his third voyage. Its source at the Cerro Delgado–Chalbaud, in the Parima range, was not explored until 453 years later, in 1951. The source, near the Venezuelan–Brazilian border, at 1,047 metres (3,435 ft) above sea level (2°19′05″N 63°21′42″W), was explored in 1951 by a joint French-Venezuelan expedition.

The Orinoco, as well as its tributaries in the eastern llanos such as the Apure and Meta, were explored in the 16th century by German expeditions under Ambrosius Ehinger and his successors. In 1531, starting at the principal outlet in the delta, the Boca de Navios, Diego de Ordaz sailed up the river to the Meta. Antonio de Berrio sailed down the Casanare to the Meta, and then down the Orinoco River and back to Coro. In 1595, after capturing de Berrio to obtain information while conducting an expedition to find the fabled city of El Dorado, the Englishman Sir Walter Raleigh sailed down the river, reaching the savanna country.

Alexander von Humboldt explored the basin in 1800, reporting on the pink river dolphins. He published extensively on the river's flora and fauna.

The sources of the Orinoco River, located at Cerro Carlos Delgado Chalbaud (2º19’05” N, 63º21’42” W), were discovered in 1951 by the French-Venezuelan expedition that went back and explored the Upper Orinoco course to the Sierra Parima near the border with Brasil, headed by Venezuelan army officer Frank Risquez Iribarren.

The first bridge across the Orinoco River, the Angostura Bridge at Ciudad Bolívar, Venezuela, was completed in 1967.

In 1968, an expedition was set off by National Geographic and Hovercraft from Manaus in Brazil to Port Of Spain (Trinidad). Aboard of a SR.N6 hoverwork the expedicionaries followed the Negro river upstream to where it is joined by the Casiquiare canal in the border between Colombia and Venezuela. After following the Casiquiare to the Orinoco River they hovered thru perilous Rapids of Maipures and Atures. The Orinoco was then traversed down to its mouths in the Gulf of Paria and then to Port of Spain. The primary purpose of the expedition was filming for the BBC series "The World About Us" the episode "The Last Great Journey on Earth from Amazon to Orinoco by Hovercraft", aired in 1970, and demonstrate the abilities of a hovercraft, thereby promoting sales of this British invention.

The first powerline crossing of the Orinoco River was completed in 1981 for an 800 kV TL single span of 1,200 metres (3,900 ft) using two towers 110 metres (360 ft) tall.[8] In 1992, an overhead power line crossing for two 400 kV-circuits was completed just west of Morocure (between the cities of Ciudad Bolivar and Ciudad Guayana), north of the confluence of Routes 1 and 19. It had three towers, and the two spans measured 2,161 metres (7,090 ft) and 2,537 metres (8,323 ft), respectively.

In 2006, a second bridge, known as the Orinoquia Bridge, was completed near Ciudad Guayana, Venezuela.

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe
Caribbean Blue is the #1 Enya jam

TeachesOfPeaches
Jan 25, 2019

Phy posted:

Is Thin Lizzie third? Cause I dig guitar harmony. Guitarmony.

Apparently it's Westlife? Who would have thought. And 4th is Cranberries, of course. This is just in terms of number of albums sold, not like most influential or anything.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_of_Ireland#Top_biggest_selling_Irish_acts_of_all_time

clambake
Aug 30, 2007

Bula Vinaka posted:

She kinda looks like the Jigsaw clown puppet

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER
Nov 11, 2020

H O R S E - S L A U G H T E R E R
when i was a kid, we're talking 4 or 5 years old or something, i remember hearing this song and getting strong synaesthesia effects from it. we had been to the yorkshire dales recently, and that is basically a limestone landscape. there are lots of underground caves from water erosion, and there are odd pits in the landscape which are created when the ground subsides into a cave below. but i remember as a kid the breakdown at 1:47 felt like being down in a pit in the landscape, that's what the music felt like. then it goes down into another pit at the end

come to think of it, pretty much all music at that age was a loving trip for my tiny sperg mind. i remember listening to the frankie goes to hollywood album and wondering wtf was going on when it got to the part with "if your grandmother or any other member of your family dies while still in the shelter, put them outside. don't forget to tag them for identification purposes"

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

wesleywillis posted:

gently caress that poo poo.

Get high "AF" (<------ As the kids say) and listen to this poo poo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePmiIM59ook

my favorite pink floyd song is "we dont need no education"

mr_jolly
Aug 20, 2003

Not so jolly now

Spinz posted:

um there's this band called The Carpenters

The first minute or so of only yesterday is hard to beat imo.

I can't watch the video though without laughing at Richard struggling with his knobs whilst looking like he's trying to hold in a massive poo

Edit: the rest of their video reminds me of these two as well

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=orXzwY2C2so

That aside, great song

mr_jolly fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Apr 8, 2021

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Bula Vinaka posted:

Her name is Shuhada Davitt now. Unless you know, shes like, changed religions again.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

DrPossum posted:

my favorite pink floyd song is "we dont need no education"

Hell yeah! :respek:
Pink is my favorite member personally, he's the best guitar player and song writer ever.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
This was a pleasant journey back to my younger years. Thanks OP

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Freshman year in college: hooked up with a hot chick in my chemistry class to this album.

Slaps.

Jose Oquendo posted:

Aww man I thought you were talking about the Styx song.

Also slaps.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

Dear Watson posted:

This was a pleasant journey back to my younger years. Thanks OP

No problem! I learned a lot about Styx, who apparently have songs other than Mr. Roboto. But I still think "Sail Away" by Enya is a better song than "Come Sail Away" by Styx, which I might point out is called "come sail away" not "sail away" like so many wrong posters in this thread insisted

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

I always confuse that song with Return to Innocence by Engima since it came out around the same time and had a similar audience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk_sAHh9s08

French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

Fluffy cat sensory experience

Tom Gorman posted:

experience Pure Moods

set adrift with the timeless pleasures of tubular bells, or take a trip into the unknown, with the x-files theme

loving hell I suddenly remember that commercial.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

French Canadian posted:

loving hell I suddenly remember that commercial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZJSjrox_2s

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"

pablo gbscobar posted:

Enya's voice is too beautiful for your cold and atheistic way of life! Go build some brutalist architecture while banging it out to the Sex Pistols!

naem
May 29, 2011

sometimes I wish we lived in the timeline where the baby boomers all mysteriously vanished and generation X got to take over and they magically made it the 90’s forever

the fantasy version of the 90’s like in an Enya video

just hummingbirds and pastel colors and mildly attractive brunette women forever

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
Imma sail away from this thread cause it fucken stinks. Shame on you OP

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Vim Fuego posted:

"Come Sail Away" by Styx, which I might point out is called "come sail away" not "sail away" like so many wrong posters in this thread insisted

the first time I heard this was on the South Park Chef Aid album, as sung by Cartman

And you know what, Trey Parker sings his guts out while doing his Cartman voice and I respect that.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
when I die

Play this when they lower me in the earth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iqxzURgQWg

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
Enya. More like eh, nah.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
My freshman HS french class teacher would put only time and orinoco flow on during our quizzes and it was somehow the best loving thing ever. Like i've never enjoyed taking tests so much.

Legin Noslen
Sep 9, 2004
Fortified with Rhiboflavin
Maybe you think so because your tastes are so loving lovely?

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
I want to live in a tree and have hobbit sharecroppers growing me dope. I want to talk to trees, to marry a tree. I want listen to Enya, baby. Wind chime.

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
"Boadicea" is the best Enya song. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKQwgpaLR6o drat that poo poo's good.

In related news, I'm going to have to remember to listen to some Enya next time I get high.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004

Sucrose posted:

In related news, I'm going to have to remember to listen to some Enya next time I get high.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkRfdxjhjJU