Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Taco Defender
I don't think anyone commented that once they got underground, Matt made Liam and Sam roll d20's when casting spells (but didn't for Laura and Travis? Maybe he forgot?). The battle is going to be real interesting if every spell cast above cantrip level makes people roll on the Wild Magic table.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

redbrouw posted:

I really hope that at some point they can get a guest in. Going over old episodes you can feel the momentum whenever they had someone else to perform for.
Fingers crossed for Brennan Lee Mulligan

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I don't think anyone commented that once they got underground, Matt made Liam and Sam roll d20's when casting spells (but didn't for Laura and Travis? Maybe he forgot?). The battle is going to be real interesting if every spell cast above cantrip level makes people roll on the Wild Magic table.

Looks like Arcane magic (Wizard and Arcane Trickster) is hosed up but Divine (Cleric) isn't. I forget, did Fjord have to roll for casting anything? I'm not sure if his Warlock/Paladin of the Wildmother build is actually considered Arcane, Divine, or both but this might be a good way to find out. Normally, of course a Warlock is Arcane and a Paladin Divine, but since Fjord switched his patron to the Wildmother who is a Divine source, he could be considered a purely Divine caster now. :shrug:

Mechanical mandible
Aug 4, 2007

I think it’s more likely just forgetting to ask for a roll. iirc didn’t jester have to roll on the table against the baby monster, resulting in butterflies? Followed by Fjord a little later with the same result (which was kinda wild that they both got the same result)

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Mechanical mandible posted:

I think it’s more likely just forgetting to ask for a roll. iirc didn’t jester have to roll on the table against the baby monster, resulting in butterflies? Followed by Fjord a little later with the same result (which was kinda wild that they both got the same result)

When Jester did it she was using a necromancy spell, "inflict wounds". Travis didn't do it, though he did comment on it happening again as butterflies, it was Caleb that caused it a second time using his "Cat's Ire" spell (the big cat paw); which is an evocation spell. I don't know whether "inflict wounds" would count as arcane rather than divine, or if that's purely on where they get the magic from rather than the type of spell, but that information might help someone else figure out what was going on.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Froghammer posted:

Fingers crossed for Brennan Lee Mulligan

This would be so god damned amazing.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Both Marisha and Matt have guested on Brennan's show Dimension 20, playing a short campaign of 6 episodes set in a pirate city, so they definitely know each other. Matt guested in another season on his own for a different 6 episode campaign too. I'd be happy to see basically any of the CollegeHumor/Dropout gang on Critical Role, though I think Emily is the one I'd be most excited for, especially in this campaign. Her and Laura would have some wild "Chaos Crew" energy.

tsob fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Apr 8, 2021

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
emily and laura at the same table is sorta like having Superman fight goku

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

tsob posted:

Both Marisha and Matt have guested on Brennan's show Dimension 20, playing a short campaign of 6 episodes set in a pirate city, so they definitely know each other. Matt guested in another season on his own for a different 6 episode campaign. I'd be happy to see basically any of the CollegeHumor/Dropout gang on Critical Role, though I think Emily is the one I'd be most excited for, especially in this campaign. Her and Laura would have some wild "Chaos Crew" energy.

Yeah this would end in a TPK entirely driven by the two of them playing off each other into more and more ridiculous things.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Jester using sending to talk to pendergreens

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

TotalHell posted:

Yeah this would end in a TPK entirely driven by the two of them playing off each other into more and more ridiculous things.

Matt's NPC's would have to be carefully described, lest the whole big bad final fight become about making fun of Lucien's clothes.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
It'd probably be an improvement. The most engaging Lucien has been as an antagonist is when he was struggling to hide frustration over being lost, and having to put up with the M9's silly poo poo. It humanized him and made him more interesting in a way that I think NaDDPod's cast are really good at, while Critical Role generally has more dramatic and theatrical villains. Which can work extremely well, and some of the previous villains have been really fun to hate, such as Raishan. NaDDPod humanizes their villains so much through humor and sometimes through flashbacks that you can't really hate them, but for Lucien who is so far kind of nothing as a character/personality, I think getting some more humor out of him would be a big boon as well as add more drama to the "maybe there is some of Molly left to save" bag while it's at it.

tsob fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Apr 8, 2021

OmniBeer
Jun 5, 2011

This is no time to
remain stagnant!

Farg posted:

Jester using sending to talk to pendergreens

...you absolute bastard. Why would you put something so perfect in my mind when I know it will never exist.

But yeah. Emily is honestly my dream guest, but I agree that Brennan would probably be a lot more likely.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

TotalHell posted:

No, no; that's what happens when they get Amir on as a guest.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
I think luciens little vest looks sharp

DorkBot3000
Nov 3, 2012

tsob posted:

When Jester did it she was using a necromancy spell, "inflict wounds". Travis didn't do it, though he did comment on it happening again as butterflies, it was Caleb that caused it a second time using his "Cat's Ire" spell (the big cat paw); which is an evocation spell. I don't know whether "inflict wounds" would count as arcane rather than divine, or if that's purely on where they get the magic from rather than the type of spell, but that information might help someone else figure out what was going on.

No. It was Fjord who caused the second butterflies with a Divine Smite. Caleb's surge is the one that ended up doing nothing.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Huh, would a celestial warlock be Divine or Arcane?

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Sam's plant is back :allears:

e: Not used in the skit, but it's nice to see

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
One more escalation and Sam Riegel will make good on his promise to use a loaded gun as a prop :ohdear:

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Laura Bailey: incredibly good at taped ad reads, but incredibly awkward at live ad reads.

it's kind of remarkable

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
"That was fast" Aww poo poo the mama Ice Salamander is going to emerge right now isn't it?

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

If you aren't sure just stab the fucker again.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

PetraCore posted:

Huh, would a celestial warlock be Divine or Arcane?
Arcane, although I'm 90% sure that spells in 5e aren't keyworded with power source markers the way they were in older editions. Things like Potent Spellcasting specifically scale up cantrips from your class, but beyond that spells are spells and it doesn't matter where you get them from.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Matt, don't tell me they got kids.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Speaking of guest stars, I can't remember if Matt ever spoke about his mom's reaction to the Darin De Paul episodes, or even if she watched them. Anyone remember?

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I'm 12 and laughing hard at this booby trap conversation.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
they should really should be checking for scrying eyes.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

so the tomb takers are going to show up whenever the party tries to sleep

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

eke out posted:

so the tomb takers are going to show up whenever the party tries to sleep

Lucien Bullshit Powers Activate!

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Jester and Caduceus discuss the possibility of going to a pottery class at the local anex and I feel personally attacked

AJA
Mar 28, 2015

DarklyDreaming posted:

Jester and Caduceus discuss the possibility of going to a pottery class at the local anex and I feel personally attacked

So do I

...Where the hell is my plus-one??

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
Good GOD this is agonizing. They really need to just do something. Anything besides talking more about what they ~intend~ to do.

AJA
Mar 28, 2015
They really do. I am on record as loving the quiet interactions and 'shopping episodes', but they're even losing me here.

For god's sake, no more "what do I see?" Matt is running out of descriptive adjectives!

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

I really like the descriptions of the populated city. Just... horrific to imagine what happened to the citizens.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

So this is fantasy Pompeii then

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

I really don't know if I'd try and stasis-break an Aeorian wizard right now. I mean, as a plus, if the Somnovum hosed the rest of the city they might be inclined to help gently caress the Somnovum, as a negative, even in the best case scenario you're going to have someone crippled by excruciating grief and culture shock and in the worst case scenario they're an rear end in a top hat to boot.

It'd be interesting, though.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Taco Defender
First time watching an episode live, and probably one of the few I will because it is late.

I'm also a bit tense because they spent so much time which they have possibly wasted... but I do like that it seems like the consensus they've developed is pretty much the plan I thought up (Symbol in the middle, charges at the bottom). They even put a bit more thought into it because I hadn't considered that the dome wouldn't stop the thing, but that's a good point, since mages would know how to defeat protection from other mages.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

You can reenact Home Alone in Dungeons and Dragons.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
liam saying what we're all thinking

take us to the fuckin fireworks factor baby cmon cmon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

Ashley can't do math for poo poo. Also yea, Liam is right they are gonna gently caress around then get till next timed by Matt.

ChaosReaper fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Apr 9, 2021