Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

EasilyConfused posted:

Where was the sockpuppet in that thread? Like Splicer, I thought they were referring to the oldpainless thread.

I don't know that there was one!

edit: terrible snipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

A lot of confusion here. Maybe as SA ages we go from the classic 'goons not getting jokes' to 'goons not getting which jokes other goons aren't getting.'

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

l a) didn't reload the thread and b) thought both quotes were from the reddit post.

More like oldbrainless.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

quote thread merging with saga thread in an incoherent mess of confusion

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

quote thread merging with saga thread in an incoherent mess of confusion

Is it?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

All PYF threads are the same thread. It's the best thing about PYF.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Solice Kirsk posted:

All PYF threads are the same thread. It's the best thing about PYF.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Honestly if they really did make a sock puppet account for the sole purpose of delivering that joke, that might make me like it even more

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

serendipitous usernames?

Isaac posted:

According to what ive read on the goonstation forums its fine to use any language you want as long as the target is:

- Heterosexual
- Police officer

Isaacs Alter Ego posted:

I feel uniquely qualified to tell you that what you have just said is dumb as gently caress.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Knormal posted:

He's going for a Noh hitter.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Snowy posted:

I was thinking that alt is old in German

Old and breadless is no way to go through life, son.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

:haw:

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

But also

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

:nice:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

The Bloop posted:

Can I get you some fries with that?

SURE YOU CAN

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

mostlygray posted:

Up on the Iron Range, they're referred to as "The dumps". They're taconite reserves. Not worth stripping the iron out now, but, once the Range runs out of easy taconite, it will be useful. The proper term is "Spoil Bank" but everyone just calls it "The Dumps."

They turn into hills covered in trees pretty quickly. Mostly Aspen but Pine too. In a few hundred years, someone will process them for Iron. It's all open pit up there so there's no reason to push everything back. You just get free lakes and hills.

The Tower-Soudan mine (deep mine) is used for scientific research so it's still useful for that as well as tourist traffic. The pumps are still on. https://www.soudan.umn.edu/

zedprime posted:

I think we can all relate to dealing with the dumps after taconite.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

:cry:

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

uber_stoat posted:

doo dee doo guess i'll go on down to the cvs and pick up a six pack WTF!?!
https://twitter.com/zenjournalist/status/1379719584681488385?s=20

flavor.flv posted:

Oh, that's supposed to be up there. It sits in the corner of the ceiling and watches everything. It's the security monitor

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Sereri posted:

Amy Poehler is not getting any work in the pandemic?

Sir Lemming posted:

Unusually sophisticated pun for a stripper name, but I respect it

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

lol, amazing

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

zoux posted:

Hmm seems like aging wrestlers trend toward fraiserization

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

RoboRodent posted:

In the last hour since I put the birds to bed, I have heard the telltale sounds of masturbation no less than three times.

Probably masturbation.

Help me.

Tsaedje posted:

and what are the birds doing?

RoboRodent posted:

Yeah, I walked into that one.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

General Battuta posted:

I am permabanned poster Apparatchik Magnet. i first started reading the Science Fiction & Fantasy Megathread when my girlfriend was about 12. by the time she was 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of "Age of consent" and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like "My boredom and bemusement with those emotional irrational women is at this point shared by quite a few people who have posted" and "I’m trying to figure out what “underage” means" in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing Chris Hansen in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on permanent house arrest. i always wondered what the kind of "I'm really just concerned for 15 year olds having sex with each other" style of advocating for ephobophilia was all about; i think it's my unconscious leaking in to my conscious, what jungian theory considered to be - and isn't it funny that 'jung' kind of sounds like '''young?''' i would advise all people who "get" libertarianism to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

3D Megadoodoo posted:

When I was littlish, we were watching Lassie and it was making me cry due to all the powerful emotional content, so I went under the sofa table to hide my tears. I was also playing with an alarm clock and somehow managed to get the key stuck in my throat. I couldn't make a sound so there I was hidden under the sofa table so no-one could see me, with tears rolling down my cheeks and choking on a loving alarm clock key while the rest of the family was watching Lassie quite at ease.

It dislodged itself so I didn't die.

e: Moral of the story: it's OK to cry, especially if you're like 4.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Phy posted:

So the clock key got stuck and it made you unable to tock

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

oldpainless posted:

The day Raul Julia died was one of the worst days of his children’s lives but for him it was Monday

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

drat you! I was going to post that!

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

oh my god

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Does anybody have that quote from some Anarchist capitalist dude finding real Anarchist in Athens, and getting thrown out when they realized he's some free market idiot? I remember it being hilarious, mostly the part where he tries to explain his understanding of ancap to them, and they just going nooooo to every one of his statements. Not sure if it was by a goon, but i think so.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
https://www.reddit.com/r/Anarcho_Capitalism/comments/3ucp8y/i_was_beat_up_by_left_anarchists_in_greece/

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Oh I was way off, but thanks for the incredibly quick reply! Still funny af.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

The fact most of the comments treat him as being sincere tells you about 25% of everything you need to know about ancaps.

The other 75% is their views on age of consent.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Left anarchists with a huge beef.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Left anarchists with a huge beef.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Wait I thought it was a pizza joke but it doesn't work, does it?

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

3D Megadoodoo posted:

none fash with left anarchy

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I think it is and it's a good one but it works better without the "a"

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

letthereberock posted:

Guy I knew was a cop who was tracking this dangerous gang. They ambushed him, tortured him and finally shot him in the head. Miraculously he lived, but he has to be turned into this cyborg-thing and now he has no memory of his past life. It sucks, really.

Sarcopenia posted:

gently caress off rear end in a top hat

Samovar posted:

Wrong movie!

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

3D Megadoodoo posted:

The pizza joke doesn't really make a ton of sense either. Its funny because its absurd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

RFC2324 posted:

The pizza joke doesn't really make a ton of sense either. Its funny because its absurd

How does:

none pizza with left beef

not match:

left anarchy with huge beef

it's pretty drat funny because not only of the callback but the additional pun, Ms. I-Don't-Think-It-Makes-Sense-And-Furthermore-I-Am-The-Arbiter-Of-Why-Things-Are-Funny

:colbert:

signed, The-Guy-Explaining-The-Joke-Making-It-Seriously-Not-Funny-Jesus-Christ-Just-Stop