Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

I am very curious what happens with Vince Dunn using the n-word.

I mean we all know what's gonna happen but

Wait what did that happen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

The Philadelphia Flyers are dogshit garbage

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

fawning deference posted:

Wait what did that happen?

I'm not gonna post the video but apparently the video is from a year ago and no-one ever really found out somehow.

Also

https://mobile.twitter.com/_carterhart/status/1380327255797231621

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Jack Roslovic and his 27 points in 34 games gives me hope.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
The Caps are also dogshit garbage.

Lavy's grand experiment with line shakeups was a colossal failure.

Carwash Cunt
Aug 21, 2007

Jack Edwards being a prick about an injured opponent again tonight. I try not to be too spiteful, but he is on my short list of people whose deaths I will one day celebrate.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

Carwash oval office posted:

Jack Edwards being a prick about an injured opponent again tonight. I try not to be too spiteful, but he is on my short list of people whose deaths I will one day celebrate.

Oh wow.

https://twitter.com/asensualmanatee/status/1380328641028968455

The refs didn't call this because the Caps scored twice on a 5 on 3 earlier in the period. It was an inadvertent high stick, but it was a pretty decent cut.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Jeremy Swayman good

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Carwash oval office posted:

lol

like, Edwards sucks, but his audience is Boston fans. He's a Big Boston Homer. Because he's the Boston pbp announcer. I don't understand why people get worked up about him

Jamwad Hilder fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Apr 9, 2021

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

imo it’s possible to root for a team while also not being a massive tool about it on live TV while a person literally bleeds but I understand this may be controversial to Boston fans

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
He didn't know the guy was bleeding until we did. His gut reaction was that something got called behind the play when the Bruins had an odd man opportunity. He's a huge homer and a bigtime dumbass but he's not omniscient. And you don't have to watch the Bruins feed if you don't want to. Don't see what the problem is. Dumb guy says dumb thing. The end.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Jamwad Hilder posted:

He didn't know the guy was bleeding until we did. His gut reaction was that something got called behind the play when the Bruins had an odd man opportunity. He's a huge homer and a bigtime dumbass but he's not omniscient. And you don't have to watch the Bruins feed if you don't want to. Don't see what the problem is. Dumb guy says dumb thing. The end.

Is Jack Edwards your dad

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

TJ Oshie is a very bad person and it's a shame he didn't bleed more.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Caps stank but at least Ovie socked a dinger.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Koopa Kid posted:

Is Jack Edwards your dad

i just think its funny that people get upset over what the dumb boston guy says on the boston feed for dumb boston fans (me)

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Oh, so they watch both teams skate? There was no penalty on this play. The game was otherwise filled with minor penalties, but nope.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

Jack Edwards is more of a love-to-hate-him kind of situation.

But to be clear, he sucks. Joe B and Locker are gigantic homers but they are still capable of speaking admiringly of good B's plays or not pitching a fit about a dude bleeding on the ice.

Chad Sexington fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Apr 9, 2021

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Jamwad Hilder posted:

i just think its funny that people get upset over what the dumb boston guy says on the boston feed for dumb boston fans (me)

I'm gonna level with you I actually appreciate Edwards' enthusiasm more than I should when I do hear him, but that call is notable even for a homer broadcast imo

Lost Season
Nov 28, 2013

Jack Edwards has also been pretty consistently mad about whistling play for injuries he thinks aren't "serious", no matter who the whistle benefits. I remember one of the Bruins-Leafs game 7s a Leafs offensive zone possession was blown dead because Adam McQuaid had destroyed himself on the end boards, and Jack was legitimately annoyed that the whistle was blown despite it being unambiguously good for the Bruins.

It isn't so much a homer thing as he wants a version of hockey where every shift is like Gregory Campbell killing that penalty on a broken leg.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
why do all the bruins fans suck so bad, like their pbp guy?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Personally I stared too long into the abyss of people who cheer for a direct, enthusiastic supporter and personal friend of a genocidal dictator because he score goal gud trying to make a high ground argument about anything, at all, ever, and now all I can do is laugh and poo poo post.

Joker’s trick.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

This Minn Duluth / UMass game rules.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

JawKnee posted:

why do all the bruins fans suck so bad, like their pbp guy?

Maybe Bruins fans suck because of their PBP guy. It's possible that listening to Jack Edwards for so long has rotted their brain.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

JawKnee posted:

why do all the sports fans suck so bad

There’s a reason I don’t listen to sports talk radio.

Go onto the Rangers HFboards and there’s a 40 page thread on Lemieux and how much they miss him and how important his dumbshit chud rear end (along with Deangelo) is missed.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

ImplicitAssembler posted:

Exactly. I don't mind Pearson, but he's easily replacable.

Is he really easily replaceable by Jim Benning, though? I mean look at his record of acquiring and signing bottom 6 forwards.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

eXXon posted:

Is he really easily replaceable by Jim Benning, though? I mean look at his record of acquiring and signing bottom 6 forwards.

Benning could probably get Jeff Skinner for a 6th round pick. Somebody mention that to him.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Is Seattle’s management group expected to be sane? Like I somewhat randomly (I’m Australian, picked on uniforms, city being progressive/somewhere I’d like to visit, and liking the Sedins) chose to support the Canucks in like 2008 or something.

I don’t like to be a bandwaggoner, but man is it hard to support such a poorly run team. Like if I had deep family connections or the like sure, but when a factor of the team I picked was “Orcas are cool”, well you can’t get much cooler than a kracken..

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
A maple leaf is way cooler than a kraken. It's real and comes from a tree that also makes delicious syrup. You can't put kraken juice on pancakes.

Do they even have maple syrup in Australia?

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Dr Zaius posted:

A maple leaf is way cooler than a kraken. It's real and comes from a tree that also makes delicious syrup. You can't put kraken juice on pancakes.

pretty sure you could put kraken juice on pancakes if you felt the desire to

people do all kinds of crazy things with sea food like putting clam juice into drinks and pretending that it's good

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

Matt Zerella posted:

There’s a reason I don’t listen to sports talk radio.

Go onto the Rangers HFboards and there’s a 40 page thread on Lemieux and how much they miss him and how important his dumbshit chud rear end (along with Deangelo) is missed.

I totally forgot all about Deangelo, and looking it up in the news it seems like everyone else has as well. lol

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit

JawKnee posted:

pretty sure you could put kraken juice on pancakes if you felt the desire to

people do all kinds of crazy things with sea food like putting clam juice into drinks and pretending that it's good

You know the kraken is a fictional creature, right? I'm not talking about squid juice, but I wouldn't want that on pancakes either.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Dr Zaius posted:

You know the kraken is a fictional creature, right?

yes I'm aware of this, I mostly wanted to dunk on caesers because they're gross

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Dr Zaius posted:

We have maple syrup, but don’t have pancakes thus your point is moot.

But seriously I’d find it hard to jump to another team that had any sense of rivalry with Vancouver, thus new team entering feels like a limited time offer.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Laughing my rear end off at this one: https://www.nhl.com/video/sharangov...9lumd-jcXXdENIk. Watch it with sound on.

The ref is right tbh where is he supposed to go there

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Chad Sexington posted:

The Caps are also dogshit garbage.

Lavy's grand experiment with line shakeups was a colossal failure.

Yeah you called it, definitely the usual 2/3 slump. Hope they get their defensive poo poo together by the playoffs.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

VOTE1 posted:

We have maple syrup, but don’t have pancakes thus your point is moot.

But seriously I’d find it hard to jump to another team that had any sense of rivalry with Vancouver, thus new team entering feels like a limited time offer.

There's no way of telling if Seattle will be any good but they're definitely going to be better than Vancouver so I strongly recommend you go with your gut here.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Can I just say in line with the thread title that I continue to think Jonathan Drouin kind of just loving sucks and at best is kind of a waste of a roster spot in a position where I feel like the team could just plain do better. Even without considering what they gave up for him in Sergachev, after 4 seasons I just struggle to see what he brings to the team other than wasted opportunities for production. He barely contributes offensively most nights, he sucks dicks in shootouts even though they use him constantly, he turns the puck over or botches grade A scoring chances more consistently and noticeably than just about any player I've ever seen at the level he's touted to be able to play at....he just seems to have hands of stone for a 3rd overall. It's especially noticeable with Toffoli joining the team how they can do better on the left wing, but has been for a while seeing how much Tatar competes as well in comparison. He's marginally better than Lekhonen most nights I feel as well.

It especially frustrates me how the coaching staff seems to really think he's supposed to be this great player they've just gotta play constantly and in the shootout and he'll eventually shine. Anderson and Suzuki are plenty noticeable on that line for how hard they compete just about every night and yet I struggle to notice Drouin when he isn't botching yet another opportunity to do something productive with the current play.

Koth
Jul 1, 2005
I didn't notice Drouin in the game last night except when the Jets pbp said he only has 2 goals on the season.

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL

Cocaine Bear posted:

Gimme that Hall news already. I wanna see him for for a 3rd and a bust then put up $GOALs
This. But a 2nd please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kale
May 14, 2010

Koth posted:

I didn't notice Drouin in the game last night except when the Jets pbp said he only has 2 goals on the season.

Yeah that was notably below his usual average ice time and yet he still managed to be a -1 one again for the 4th night in a row with no point production whatsoever. The team kind of needs players like him, Byron and Perry to be better in the absence of Gallagher. Perry your already starting to see him rise to the occasion, Byron I feel will be a bit more noticeable in the coming games as well. He can very quick on his feet and generates chances on the transition that way and actually buries more than a couple of them like for example that bounce he pounced on last night from off the boards while Drouin was watching the play from the blue line AND Drouin's wing no less cause he just felt like god forbid actually moving in to where the play might go.

https://www.nhl.com/video/byron-scores-goal/t-322410746/c-8021982

This play just kind of encapsulates the difference between Drouin and the other wingers for me if not the rest of the players on the ice. Kotkaniemi makes a solid clear and then hauls rear end up the ice, Petry sends the puck up into the Jets zone hard off the boards, Drouin just kind of drifts through the neutral zone slowly over the blue line and Byron goes tearing in, picks up the bounce off the boards in the slotand buries it while Kotkaniemi has already made it up there and positioned to pick up a potential rebound that never happens and Drouin is still at the blue line as the only player on the ice not really involved in any of of it save for the celebration after the fact.

Drouin I'm intensely skeptical we'll see rise to much of anything during the Gallagher injury stretch. Toffoli, Tatar and Anderson just kind of need to keep doing what they're doing.

Kale fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Apr 9, 2021