Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

Dr Zaius posted:

You know the kraken is a fictional creature, right? I'm not talking about squid juice, but I wouldn't want that on pancakes either.

krakens are real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Powershift posted:

Benning could probably get Jeff Skinner for a 6th round pick. Somebody mention that to him.

Lol, take that unrealistic poo poo back to hf boards

Benning will obviously offer up a 1st+

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

VOTE1 posted:

We have maple syrup, but don’t have pancakes thus your point is moot.

But seriously I’d find it hard to jump to another team that had any sense of rivalry with Vancouver, thus new team entering feels like a limited time offer.

Seattle and Vancouver have an automatic rivalry. It’s just built into the geography and no one likes being compared to the other one.

And then there’s Portland desperate to be part of the rivalry three way, but just so small and cute and isn’t it adorable that it thinks it’s a big city?

You should probably start following Arizona. No one has a rivalry with them.

E: We’d still take you following Seattle. Can’t really be that picky and it’ll be fun to watch a new team become serially mediocre.

Jhet fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Apr 9, 2021

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
I've always felt like Australians are just the rednecks of the southern hemisphere, so root for the hockey rednecks in Raleigh.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
Mike Smith is definitely going to regress.

*posts a .975*

Ah well... nevertheless.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Would appreciate if the Wild dunked on the Blues tonight so Doug Armstrong doesn't get any stupid ideas about buying at the deadline.

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL

Cocaine Bear posted:

Lol, take that unrealistic poo poo back to hf boards

Benning will obviously offer up a 1st+
Skinner is a franchise crippling contract. Skinner won't waive his full NMC because he wants to be near his family in Toronto. Buffalo is stuck with him and his $9mil cap hit until 2026-27. And because of the bonus structure of his contract, buying him out would also be a nightmare. His cap hit post buyout will vary wildly season to season. Imagine a $8,972,222 cap hit for a guy you already bought out. He would likely waive to go to Toronto, but Buffalo would need to retain 33%-50% and pay a lot of draft capital to a 3rd team to also retain 33-50% before Toronto would even be potentially interested at 2.25-3mil per season. And at that point we're probably better off just keeping him.

BUYOUT CAP HIT (BUFBUF)
2021-22 $1,472,222
2022-23 $8,972,222
2023-24 $1,472,222
2024-25 $1,472,222
2025-26 $4,472,222
2026-27 $6,472,222
2027-28 $2,472,222
2028-29 $2,472,222
2029-30 $2,472,222
2030-31 $2,472,222
2031-32 $2,472,222
2032-33 $2,472,222

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Misanthrope posted:

Mike Smith is definitely going to regress.

*posts a .975*

Ah well... nevertheless.

It's alright, I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop and for him to put up like an 0.840 Sv% in the playoffs.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Wait, are you telling me Skinner has a bad contract? Well I never.

(the joke was that Benning is a moron who loves "franchise killing" contracts)

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Mike_V posted:

Would appreciate if the Wild dunked on the Blues tonight so Doug Armstrong doesn't get any stupid ideas about buying at the deadline.

I would appreciate if the Wild dunked on the Blues every night. Armstrong will make plenty of stupid ideas reality in the off season anyway.

After the way they played in 5/6 of the periods against Colorado, I can see this being a really chippy 3 game series. I wouldn't be surprised to see good scoring either.

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL

Cocaine Bear posted:

Wait, are you telling me Skinner has a bad contract? Well I never.

(the joke was that Benning is a moron who loves "franchise killing" contracts)
I got the joke, I just wanted to share the full depravity, destruction and utter hopelessness of the Skinner contract incase anyone was unaware of how bad it is aside from the already crippling $9mil aav. Praying for another round of compliance buyouts here in Buffalo.

Or for an expansion team to be placed in Hamilton or Mississauga and Benning to be named GM. Can always dream, right?

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

jfc FHM7:

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/PierreVLeBrun/status/1380551634279931906

The rare waiver claim

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~

VOTE1 posted:

Is Seattle’s management group expected to be sane? Like I somewhat randomly (I’m Australian, picked on uniforms, city being progressive/somewhere I’d like to visit, and liking the Sedins) chose to support the Canucks in like 2008 or something.

I don’t like to be a bandwaggoner, but man is it hard to support such a poorly run team. Like if I had deep family connections or the like sure, but when a factor of the team I picked was “Orcas are cool”, well you can’t get much cooler than a kracken..

No, you're not going anywhere. Take the pain, coward!

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/1380551479287808002?s=20

Devils couldn't even give him away. They now have so much freakin' cap space. It's gonna be a long rebuild, fellas.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Paul Byron has also been waived again.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

More like Nikita Goose Egg !!!

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/frank_seravalli/status/1380557235454103557

:rip:

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
i was not aware bobby ryan was still playing hockey, but i guess that's what happens when there are effectively four leagues

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
The Wild really need to stop giving the Avs Covid.

https://twitter.com/Avalanche/status/1380559166637412354?s=19

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

mono posted:

jfc FHM7:

Happened to Nick Lidstrom during the playoffs IIRC, I think he maybe missed 1 game.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

corn on the cop posted:

i was not aware bobby ryan was still playing hockey, but i guess that's what happens when there are effectively four leagues

He was on a 1-year, $1 million contract with the understanding that he would get enough minutes with the Wings to prove himself and then get flipped to a contender for a fourth round pick or something. I think he scored 4 goals in his first 4 games but then he turned back into 33 year old Bobby Ryan, and they're obviously not going to get anything for him now.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/1380568742980116480

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Blame the province you coward.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

If you're indoor dining right now you're a culprit regardless of whether it's technically permissible or not

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I'm still afraid to touch the bags that food gets delivered to my door in and these mofos playing hockey and going out to eat like it's 2019.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

ThinkTank posted:

If you're indoor dining right now you're a culprit regardless of whether it's technically permissible or not

Ah yes. Blaming people for an institutional problem. Got it.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Matt Zerella posted:

Ah yes. Blaming people for an institutional problem. Got it.

It's common sense. We all know it's not safe and a pro hockey player should be well aware of the potential repercussions that may arise from selfish actions at a time like this

Should indoor dining be permitted? No. But there still needs to be personal responsibility. There's no law that says you need to wash your hands after you take a dump, but I'll still hold someone accountable if they give me typhoid fever if they choose to be disgusting.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/ThomasDrance/status/1380573862585266177?s=19

Mark this one down folks

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

ThinkTank posted:

It's common sense. We all know it's not safe and a pro hockey player should be well aware of the potential repercussions that may arise from selfish actions at a time like this

Should indoor dining be permitted? No. But there still needs to be personal responsibility. There's no law that says you need to wash your hands after you take a dump, but I'll still hold someone accountable if they give me typhoid fever if they choose to be disgusting.

You need to go to the bathroom. You don't need to have open restaurants. That's a terrible analogy.

The province should have restaurants closed and pay the staff to stay home. They're the culprits here for not stopping this poo poo in the first place.

"Common sense" and "personal responsibility" are bullshit terms in this context.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The province isn't forcing people to go sit in restaurants.

It's their fault for giving this dumb selfish rear end in a top hat the opportunity to get covid from one but also he can go gently caress himself.

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012
Maybe someone can enlighten me, but how do they know causality re infection at the restaurant? I get multiple cases have been identified from the restaurant, but is it not possible gaudette was the initial entry point, and that he was the source for the other cases at the restaurant?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Duck Rodgers posted:

Maybe someone can enlighten me, but how do they know causality re infection at the restaurant? I get multiple cases have been identified from the restaurant, but is it not possible gaudette was the initial entry point, and that he was the source for the other cases at the restaurant?

I imagine they can figure it out based on the timeframe of the first positives. Especially since this variant acts quite quickly compared to vanilla covid.

Might not be able to narrow down an individual with the kind of traffic a restaurant sees but you can probably track it to the specific day.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Duck Rodgers posted:

To answer your questions:

Duck Rodgers posted:

multiple cases have been identified from the restaurant

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

You can also do gene sequencing to see the path.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

https://twitter.com/DimFilipovic/status/1380537008745967621?s=20

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
lol half the reason Detroit signed Ryan was to flip him at the deadline

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012

Cocaine Bear posted:

To answer your questions:

Yeah but that doesn't prove who brought it in. If Gaudette brought it in than he didn't catch it from the restaurant.

I guess gene sequencing is a thing, but is there any indication they've done that? Basically I don't trust that any Canadian provinces are doing a good job of tracing. BC is not publicly tracking cases at schools

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Duck Rodgers posted:

They don't -- officially it was "one person in a community setting", they haven't named the person or the setting.

But realistically this was avoidable. These aren't normal working people who have to go to their public-facing job and run their own errands. They don't have to take the risks other people do.

And yes even if the players did isolate well, they could have gotten infected by a staffer who doesn't have the privilege to do the same, but they've admitted that's not what happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Cancel the season so I can't willingly subject myself to the Philadelphia Flyers any more