Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

As someo one who went all black I 100% agree. We're moving so I may have an opportunity for changes.

At 17 detolfs and a ton of Expedit shelving it just wasn't feasible to buy new. And now my cases are loaded and lit up so taking them down would too much of a chore. Hindsight man.

I have 21 MOTUC figures and 2 vehicles in transit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I wish I had room for 17 Detolfs Jesus Christ

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1380167699498696707?s=20

Sgt Slaughter betrays the Joes to become a Master of the Universe

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Is that Junkyard Dog? That's pretty tight. The Canadian in me wants that Hart figure too.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I should probably watch Tenet at some point.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Xenomrph posted:

I wish I had room for 17 Detolfs Jesus Christ

It got out of control at the old house. I genuinely thought we'd be there for 20 years. At the new place 12 was probably ideal with the new MOTU focus. We're probably going to drag two of them upstairs for my wife to use.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Davros1 posted:

I gotta say I love making Hitman into Tri-Clops because of his penchant for wraparound sunglasses.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Davros1 posted:

Aww yeah, can't wait to never see these anywhere

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Another good display case for smaller figures I like are baseball bat cases turned onto their side. They can fit 5” figures inside them pretty well. Also being that they close off they keep dust off the inside figures pretty well.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

The Diddler posted:

Aww yeah, can't wait to never see these anywhere

:same:

:negative:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I managed to get every WWEternia through wave 5 so far, keep missing wave 6 locally.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Emails have gone out for the puls premium party, it'll start in another ten minutes or so. I'm wondering if it's just going to be a bunch of hasbro employees drinking in front of a cam.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I don’t know his real name, but the host for it is a guy called Mr. Stevie who used to be the head of Hasbro’s Star Wars stuff but now runs a bunch of the other lines. He’s okay. His Instagram is more interesting than he himself is, but he’s not obnoxious.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Lol they’re re-releasing Cannonball with legs

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Davros1 posted:

In a double twist its Sgt Slaughter when he was wrestling as a member of Sadam Hussein's personal guard.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

This pulse thing is kinda boring tbh...

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Well what a day, a local store posted new stock, they got a few classified flint and Jaye! Flew over there and grabbed em. This was kapow in Chicago if there's anyone else local in this thread.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Kingtheninja posted:

Well what a day, a local store posted new stock, they got a few classified flint and Jaye! Flew over there and grabbed em. This was kapow in Chicago if there's anyone else local in this thread.

You managed to find something in there?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

The only thing I've ever got there were classified figs. They don't require a deep search. I love the stuff they have there (old and new) but yeah it's a drat chore looking for any of it.

Quake Collectibles is the same way but at least that's bigger.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Kingtheninja posted:

I went to add that to the list for next time I'm in town, but it's already there! Just a bit of a shlep out.

Edit: Oh, jk, it’s right by the brown line, so like 10 minutes onward from Belmont. Done!

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Apr 9, 2021

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
I'd love to get that Andre but none of the Walmarts around me carry that line anymore. The last wave I saw in stores was the Undertaker wave.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Another good display case for smaller figures I like are baseball bat cases turned onto their side. They can fit 5” figures inside them pretty well. Also being that they close off they keep dust off the inside figures pretty well.

I desperately need that kitty Twin Tail

radlum
May 13, 2013

The_Doctor posted:

Lol they’re re-releasing Cannonball with legs

I'm glad I got the legless one at a very high discount; otherwise I'd be annoyed at having to get a new one for the legs.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Another good display case for smaller figures I like are baseball bat cases turned onto their side.

Seconding this! I kept my BTAS POPS! And they live in these cases in now. You can get these pretty cheap at Michaels if you watch their sales.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Gripweed posted:

I desperately need that kitty Twin Tail

It’s by Konatsu- that one is the first colorway and was released along with the cat Gamora. They don’t get released much unfortunately and they are Japan only items usually. :/

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Kingtheninja posted:

The only thing I've ever got there were classified figs. They don't require a deep search. I love the stuff they have there (old and new) but yeah it's a drat chore looking for any of it.

Is there a toy store in Chicago that isn't a pain in the rear end to navigate?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Is there a toy store in Chicago that isn't a pain in the rear end to navigate?

Chicago Comics is nice and tidy, but admittedly toys are only part of their repertoire.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Toy de jeur in their new place is really nice. Still haven't made it to nakama toys yet. We're moving to the burbs in a few weeks so I'll have to check out smash and whatever else is out in that direction.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Kingtheninja posted:

Toy de jeur in their new place is really nice. Still haven't made it to nakama toys yet. We're moving to the burbs in a few weeks so I'll have to check out smash and whatever else is out in that direction.

Depends where you at in Chicagoland, but there’s Me and Dad’s in Geneva. They’ve had some decent things in the past.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The_Doctor posted:

Depends where you at in Chicagoland, but there’s Me and Dad’s in Geneva. They’ve had some decent things in the past.

We stopped there in October, nothing really of note in their stock I haven't seen at literally every other vintage toy store.

Is Smash the place that is only open on friday?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Smash says they're open except Monday and Tuesday. Haven't come across a place that's only one day.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Has anyone been to the Toy Department in Ohio? I follow them on Instagram, and am going to be doing a cross country drive in a few months. I was thinking of slightly tweaking the beginning of my route so I could swing by if it's as nice and well stocked as it looks from their Instagram photos.

EDIT: Looks like a bunch of TMNT Cartoon pre-orders are going up on NECA's site.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNcxCxGLeRL/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Agrias120 fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Apr 9, 2021

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Agrias120 posted:

Has anyone been to the Toy Department in Ohio? I follow them on Instagram, and am going to be doing a cross country drive in a few months. I was thinking of slightly tweaking the beginning of my route so I could swing by if it's as nice and well stocked as it looks from their Instagram photos.

Holy poo poo I've been thinking the same thing. Probably won't get out there anytime soon but Jesus everything on their Instagram looks insane.

Edit: God drat I'm not a fortnite person but these new figs look really awesome.

Kingtheninja fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Apr 9, 2021

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/evilekim33/status/1380537034108993540?s=20
https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1380536879989157888?s=20

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Apr 9, 2021

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Holy poo poo, the crazy bastards did it. They made an Optimus that transforms on its own.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Kingtheninja posted:

Holy poo poo, the crazy bastards did it. They made an Optimus that transforms on its own.

I don't care about Transformers at all but that thing is incredible.

e: lol $700 loving dollars: https://hasbropulse.com/collections/new/products/transformers-optimus-prime-auto-converting-programmable-advanced-robot-collectors-edition

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Louisgod posted:

I don't care about Transformers at all but that thing is incredible.

$700, thank God I don't need transformers (yet).

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Not just self transforming but fully remote control even in robot mode.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Yeah it is the coolest loving thing just not $700 cool. That price point puts it just outside of impulse buy and completely outside of the realm of most collectors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Now that the Macross rights have finally been sorted I hope we get to see some of the main stuff to cross over. It'd definitely help with the cost.