Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
Oh yeah, I got the full Cerebros overhaul, too. Honestly third party upgrade/add-on stuff is absurdly good now. DNA could do fillers for the Ark in their sleep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I sometimes regret not getting the DNA kits for my Metroplex and Fort Max. Their Predaking kit makes that combined mode 100% better.

Drove 20 minutes to get my 5g chip and the Walmart had Netflix Cheetor!

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Revolver Bunker posted:

Others would agree with that sentiment. Me as well. I will buy Ark and a Tidal Wave repaint.

https://twitter.com/HalleyHanna/status/1379858953488719877?s=20

That needs to be a reality.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Tidal Wave deserves a new mold. Maybe Commander, maybe Titan.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
So where does MainframeTeletraan-1 fit on that guy, anyway?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm holding out hope for a Commander Class Star Saber.

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Rhyno posted:

I'm holding out hope for a Commander Class Star Saber.

That, and a new Dai Atlas please.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I wish the Beast Wars ships got something more impressive than the micro machines they got.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

The_Doctor posted:

I’ve seen people online saying their Kingdom Huffer doesn’t come with his gun. Has this been the case for anyone? Or is it simply that people aren’t finding that the accessories are hidden in the base of the packaging?

Like I thought Paleotrex was missing his tail, and then I checked the inner packaging throughly and it was hidden inside.
My Huffer showed up today, complete with gun and weird shield thing. They are tucked under the inner cardboard sleeve so they could be missed, but if it's a case of people getting the shield but not the gun then that's a Hasbro error, because they're right next to each other so there's no way you could find one and miss the other.

Also the last three collector's cards I've gotten with Kingdom figures have all been the Ark, I think Hasbro's only shipping those now to drum up interest.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Was able to pick up the netflix Soundwave at walmart today, I had written it off since I'd only seen it offered by scalpers.

Where do you guys go for blaster effects? I looked on some of the 3d printing websites but didn't really see anything great. I know some came with some of the smaller bots but I'm hoping to find some loose or in bulk.

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
1. Buy an AK-97 assault rifle.
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.
Who wants a $700 robotic auto-transforming Optimus Prime? You do!

https://www.polygon.com/22361383/optimus-prime-robot-toy-transformers-hasbro-robosen-robotics

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Pssh, Energon hips

(ok that's loving cool as hell)

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
The auto-transforming OP is a neat concept. However, a transformer that you don't actually transform kind of misses the point.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Blackchamber posted:

Was able to pick up the netflix Soundwave at walmart today, I had written it off since I'd only seen it offered by scalpers.

Where do you guys go for blaster effects? I looked on some of the 3d printing websites but didn't really see anything great. I know some came with some of the smaller bots but I'm hoping to find some loose or in bulk.

They just announced a Ractonite retool in lava colors that comes with 19 blast effects, Hasbro Pulse exclusive.
https://hasbropulse.com/products/tr...collection-pack

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Knormal posted:

Also the last three collector's cards I've gotten with Kingdom figures have all been the Ark, I think Hasbro's only shipping those now to drum up interest.

If you look at TFWiki, there are only like 5 cards total.

Blackchamber posted:

There's a pack that just went up on Pulse for members, it's a lava colored Stegosaurus fossilizer with 19 blast effects for $30 USD. So that's an option.

Just saw the Transformers livestream.

Tracks looks cool, as does Scorponok.

The pterodactyl fossilizer looks cool (and has hands, most importantly) and turns into a ninja.

Rhinox is a chunky boi, as is good.

Rodimus Prime and Galvatron look amazing. Lots of storage space on Rodimus.

The Ark's knee gaps don't look as bad as the pictures would indicate, the designer holding them either transformed it differently or it just looks different in hand.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Also Shattered Glass is getting five more figures, the first of which is Eyepatch Blurr.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Also Shattered Glass is getting five more figures, the first of which is Eyepatch Blurr.

I wouldn't mind seeing this version of Blurr than the normal one in the comics.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
The pterodactyl fossilizer coming with a head specifically for a fossilizer combiner is loving great. The only thing I'm still wondering is when Waspinator.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
All the leaks indicated Wave 4, which has, IIRC, Waspinator, Pipes, and Slammer (a White Warpath?) for the Deluxes, and Tigertron as a Voyager.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I really like the core class Soundwave with even tinier Laserbeak. Did they show him transformed?

Is that it for TFs this pulsecon or will there be more reveals?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

If you look at TFWiki, there are only like 5 cards total.
https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Source:Golden_Disk_destinies

Oh huh, I didn't even realize they're stickers. They really aren't doing much to promote these.

There's a pack that just went up on Pulse for members, it's a lava colored Stegosaurus fossilizer with 19 blast effects for $30 USD. So that's an option.
*Triceratops

The_Doctor posted:

I really like the core class Soundwave with even tinier Laserbeak. Did they show him transformed?
Yep, pics of both modes are in TFW's gallery. His feet stick up weirdly in cassette player mode. Optimus Prime sure is getting outnumbered in the core class, I hope he gets some Autobot reinforcements.
https://news.tfw2005.com/2021/04/09/transformers-panel-recap-hasbro-pulse-fan-fest-2021-431147

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Definitely want that Scorponok, not really feeling the others. I like the Tracks and Rhinox I’ve already got, I don’t really have a reason to “upgrade”. Maybe I’ll change my mind once YouTube reviewers have them in-hand and show some comparisons.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

The blast effect Triceratops is apparently only available to Premium members, so gently caress that. Guess I'll pay aftermarket prices for it, I refuse to pay money just to shop at a website.

Also what the hell are they expecting here?

Edit: Oh never mind, I guess all the new stuff is just only available to Premium right now.

Edit2: And the shipping turned free as soon as I went to checkout.

Knormal fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Apr 9, 2021

Kenzo
Jun 29, 2004

Tekseta!

I hate how weak willed I am.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Knormal posted:

*Triceratops

D'oh! My bad, I guess I was just in such a rush to get the scoop that I temporarily forgot my dinosaurs. Five year old me is deeply shamed.

Knormal posted:

The blast effect Triceratops is apparently only available to Premium members, so gently caress that. Guess I'll pay aftermarket prices for it, I refuse to pay money just to shop at a website.

Pulse members always get free shipping, so there's that. If one makes enough smaller staggered purchases it will pay for itself.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Apr 9, 2021

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Knormal posted:

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Source:Golden_Disk_destinies

Oh huh, I didn't even realize they're stickers. They really aren't doing much to promote these.

quote:

Each character was advertised as having three destiny variants, (somehow) adding up to a total of sixteen cards.

I love this stupid series and wiki.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

D'oh! My bad, I guess I was just in such a rush to get the scoop that I temporarily forgot my dinosaurs. Five year old me is deeply shamed.

If it helps any you’re both wrong, since he’s a Styracosaurus

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Looks like I'll need Tracks, Rhinox, Galvatron, Rodimus, Skorponok and maybe the Ark. Nice that they made this easy enough. Also I picked up Huffer and Airrazor today. So I guess I should ship my TCP stash to get Dinobot here.
And I've decided to bail out of MP Beast Wars so those guys will be up for sale shortly. Primal, Cheetor, Megatron, Blackarachnia and KO Dinobot.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

The remold's a Triceratops.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
I love that teletran turns into somebody named mainframe, it just works on multiple levels

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Yeah I have to echo someone else's sentiments that I'm not going to pay 50 bucks just to be able to shop on their site.

Shame, but I'll have to come up with something else.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

They remoulded the head, he is actually a Triceratops.

Efb etc.

Arquinsiel fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Apr 9, 2021

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Blackchamber posted:

Yeah I have to echo someone else's sentiments that I'm not going to pay 50 bucks just to be able to shop on their site.

BBTS and TCP will have almost everything available.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Blackchamber posted:

You don’t have to be a member to shop there, there are just perks if you are. It’s like Amazon Prime.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Blackchamber posted:

You don't, they'll be up for everyone later today.

I make enough purchases on Pulse that I would easily spend $50 on shipping in a year, so I went ahead and subscribed, though. Cheaper in the long run and I already got to preorder everything except the Ark, which is already sold out. I doubt that will be a hard one to get elsewhere, of course.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Yeah, shipping is like $11 per order without Pulse so as long as you make 5 orders it pays for itself. That and being able to slap down preorders before it goes “publicly” live, certain exclusives, etc, I feel it’s worth it.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Here's an extremely annoying person showing off the new Prime. At least her daughter is adorable. Wish someone would put the Jay & Silent Bob version online.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0SEYM9jHVg

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

Rhyno posted:

BBTS and TCP will have almost everything available.

Yea I think the only thing Pulse exclusive is gonna be the SG stuff and the fossilizer pack. Then the Core guys are retail only.

I re-upped to Pulse cuz I figured 50 wasn't that much in the long run for the benefits of getting in early.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
NM, it popped ut right afterwards.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFOXNU1w7bc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Man, the pause every time they say "convert" because they have to remember that Transformers aren't legally allowed to transform in order to protect the trademark.