Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer
I'm rapidly getting to the point where my next mouse will end up being the one who can deliver features without the absolute shittiest software imaginable. The level of UX incompetence in nearly all the keyboard/mouse tooling is unbelievable and it seems equally unbelievable that the best interface that I can get is actually X-Mouse Control, which, if you haven't seen it, looks like this

It's just some default Windows stuff with a couple tabs. It's been unchanged for what has to be close to a decade. It's built by 1 dude somewhere and it is vastly superior to anything Logitech, or Razer, or Steelseries has put out simply because he didn't get distracted and make a piece of loving GaMeR sOfTwArE and instead made something that just works.

If you cannot control yourself, then expose the hooks necessary to do mouse things via an API and I guarantee the community will pick up the slack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Is there a mouse that's particularly long? It seems like about all of the larger mice (Razer Basilisk, Logitech Mx Master 3, etc) are all about the same length when randomly going through them on this mice shape comparison tool.

I've been getting a lot of mouse pain lately and I'm pretty sure it's from my lifelong fingertip grip. I've been trying to switch but with my palm fully on a Razer Basilisk my fingers are hanging off the front. If it was a bit longer I think I could click with a more natural gesture.

(I've tried thumb/finger trackballs but finger just feel completely alien and wrong while thumb causes strain eventually in my hand. I'm trying a vertical mouse but I don't think I can stick with it)

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Nazattack posted:

So I have no idea if this is posted in this thread all the time, but holy hell I just discovered this. No more Logitech G Hub for me. That program is the worst possible "mouse manager". Logitech has had this up since the end of last year (or at least this version). Whatever it can't do that GHub can, it's worth it to never have to worry about ghub ever again. Looks like I'm going back to AHK for macros instead of my mouse software.

https://support.logi.com/hc/en-us/articles/360059641133

I really like my logitech mice, but I haven't bought one since the last mouse I bought required G Hub. The random profile switching, switching to the wrong profile on application switch, not switching on application switch, not having PRINT SCREEN!?, the constant crashing... Just SO done and wanted to share this holy grail of finds.

Oh hey that's neat, thanks!

Haven't actually had any issues with GHUB (apart from navigating the menus) but I also only changed one setting in the onboard memory and told it never to launch on startup.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Canine Blues Arooo posted:

I'm rapidly getting to the point where my next mouse will end up being the one who can deliver features without the absolute shittiest software imaginable. The level of UX incompetence in nearly all the keyboard/mouse tooling is unbelievable and it seems equally unbelievable that the best interface that I can get is actually X-Mouse Control, which, if you haven't seen it, looks like this

It's just some default Windows stuff with a couple tabs. It's been unchanged for what has to be close to a decade. It's built by 1 dude somewhere and it is vastly superior to anything Logitech, or Razer, or Steelseries has put out simply because he didn't get distracted and make a piece of loving GaMeR sOfTwArE and instead made something that just works.

If you cannot control yourself, then expose the hooks necessary to do mouse things via an API and I guarantee the community will pick up the slack.
I want to try this because everything has to be better than juggling a different control panel for each Logitech device because newer software gets worse and also doesn't reliably support the older devices and vice versa.

I'm still playing with a G700 that needs an ancient LGS version because the newer LGS versions that supported my keyboard are messing with the mouse settings in a bad way. I don't even dare to touch Ghub. Meanwhile Logitech Options for the newer "office" devices can only assign specific functions and shortcuts, but won't pass on Mouse 4/5 to applications and games. I also have an old MX Performance that's still fine and I like the shape, but it would require the old SetPoint software and :suicide:

LordAdakos
Sep 1, 2009
I'm terms of wrist pain, I tried bigger mice, smaller mice, lighter mice, vertical mice, trackballs: both thumb and fingertip.

Turns out that I had much less wrist pain after I switched to a base of about 600-800 DPI.

Using your arm which is long is better than the wrist which is short.

I am not a doctor, but this has helped me so much maybe someone else will benefit. Your milage may vary.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Canine Blues Arooo posted:

It always amuses me that my old Microsoft Sidewinder Joystick with gameport to USB adapter I bought in the late 90s to play Freespace is still supported by modern windows. The Microsoft Sidewinder Strategic Commander got dropped like a rock and maybe 10 years after release. I found a guy making a Windows 7 compatible package to support it when I picked it back up for extra buttons at some point that was really barebones but worked great. https://community.pcgamingwiki.com/files/file/21-strategic-engine/

To be fair the strategic commander is kind of a device looking for a use since it was meant for RTSes, unlike a joystick, but it was fun for some niche stuff.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Rexxed posted:

It always amuses me that my old Microsoft Sidewinder Joystick with gameport to USB adapter I bought in the late 90s to play Freespace is still supported by modern windows. The Microsoft Sidewinder Strategic Commander got dropped like a rock and maybe 10 years after release. I found a guy making a Windows 7 compatible package to support it when I picked it back up for extra buttons at some point that was really barebones but worked great. https://community.pcgamingwiki.com/files/file/21-strategic-engine/
Sup fellow Strategic Commander owner. The difference is likely that the joystick appears as a standard USB HID class joystick which does not actually need separate drivers on any remotely modern OS, where for whatever reason the StratCom does things its own way.

My best guess for a reason why they might have done it that way is a lot of games have quirky or unreliable behavior if you attempt to map two different joysticks or gamepads. I'm sure this was even more common in the late '90s.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009

LordAdakos posted:

I'm terms of wrist pain, I tried bigger mice, smaller mice, lighter mice, vertical mice, trackballs: both thumb and fingertip.

Turns out that I had much less wrist pain after I switched to a base of about 600-800 DPI.

Using your arm which is long is better than the wrist which is short.

I am not a doctor, but this has helped me so much maybe someone else will benefit. Your milage may vary.

This worked for me too, along with getting a monitor arm to be able to use a 20" deep mousepad with my entire forearm supported

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

M570 arrived. Wish me luck I guess. Doesn't solve replacing my mouse at home but might be nicer than that cheap pos I have at work.
edit: holy poo poo this trackball is SO TWITCHY

SkyeAuroline fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Apr 8, 2021

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

My mouse pain actually isn't in my wrist but the palm through index/middle finger. Especially the tendon-feeling thing near those fingers. I'm thinking the claw/finger grip is the cause of the pain. A mouse I could hold more relaxed would need to be longer with a hump.

I'm currently trying the Jelly Comb vertical mouse which seems okay. It feels better but the sensitivity can be a problem when dealing with smaller buttons/controls. The texture and position also means I tend to grip it unconsciously too much still since it feels like my hand is slipping off. I'm gonna stick with it longer to see if I get used to it. Since my pain isn't in the wrist I dunno if a vertical mouse is even the solution compared to a differently shaped regular mouse but I haven't found a regular mouse with a shape that looks right.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Idk if this'll be relevant to you, but a comfortable middle click substitute ended up being my defining criteria when looking for a G402 replacement (I ended up getting a new one). There were some mice I rather liked (notably the Basilisk V2) but I couldn't stand the stiff middle mouse buttons. I thought I could adjust, but that just resulted in a lot of unnecessary middle finger pain.

The G402 has two extra index finger buttons; I use the top one as the middle click substitute. It's a light and comfortable click.

Those buttons are actually pretty rare on mice, sadly. I tested a G502, which has the same buttons and I got it for the same price, but I didn't like how heavy it was. Also wasn't a fan of the scroll wheel.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

SkyeAuroline posted:

M570 arrived. Wish me luck I guess. Doesn't solve replacing my mouse at home but might be nicer than that cheap pos I have at work.
edit: holy poo poo this trackball is SO TWITCHY

Following up, yeah, this thing is completely unusable. Yet another return to chalk up on my account I guess.

kimcicle
Feb 23, 2003

SkyeAuroline posted:

Following up, yeah, this thing is completely unusable. Yet another return to chalk up on my account I guess.

I really like my M570, maybe you need to drop the sensitivity in windows for it to be not as twitchy? Or maybe another alternative is to use a finger trackball like the Kensington Expert Trackball?

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

kimcicle posted:

I really like my M570, maybe you need to drop the sensitivity in windows for it to be not as twitchy? Or maybe another alternative is to use a finger trackball like the Kensington Expert Trackball?

Tested the full range all the way down to 1/11, most of thoee at all 4 mouse acceleration levels, and either it was too twitchy for fine control or it was too slow to use on more than a quarter of my screen with no in between. Finger trackball might be a better solution, at least there's more than one point of contact to stabilize there, the particularly "good" options in that category just happened to be a hell of a lot more expensive so it wasn't my first choice.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
So I recently discovered on the Basilisk ultimate, if you plug the wireless dongle directly into the pc instead of the charging dock, the reliability of the dock goes way up, before I would have to pick up and put down the mouse like 3 or 4 times before it would actually start charging, now it works first time 95% of the time.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Are there heavier training weights for the g502? bikini season is coming up and I want one beefy arm before summer's end

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
So I have a Logitech G502 Hero and it's starting to double-click on its own a lot. I love the mouse but I have a feeling the double-clicking is going to make it unusable soon.

Anybody know how to resolve this issue?

Koskun
Apr 20, 2004
I worship the ground NinjaPablo walks on

GreatGreen posted:

So I have a Logitech G502 Hero and it's starting to double-click on its own a lot. I love the mouse but I have a feeling the double-clicking is going to make it unusable soon.

Anybody know how to resolve this issue?

If you are lucky, some compressed air might do the trick. Could be just a hair or piece of dust. Big maybe though. For best results you would have to take the shell off so you can get directly at the switch.

Some electrical cleaner might also do the trick once you can physically get at the switch.

Odds are, the switch is going. You can get replacements online for pretty cheap (7-8 bucks for a pair), but then you are getting into soldering and the like.

There is also the possibility that you can tweak the contact point in the switch itself. I did this some years ago on my G700 and it lasted quite a while after that. It's working with some small things though, good eyes and steady hands (as well as jeweler's screwdrivers) help.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Koskun posted:

If you are lucky, some compressed air might do the trick. Could be just a hair or piece of dust. Big maybe though. For best results you would have to take the shell off so you can get directly at the switch.

Some electrical cleaner might also do the trick once you can physically get at the switch.

Odds are, the switch is going. You can get replacements online for pretty cheap (7-8 bucks for a pair), but then you are getting into soldering and the like.

There is also the possibility that you can tweak the contact point in the switch itself. I did this some years ago on my G700 and it lasted quite a while after that. It's working with some small things though, good eyes and steady hands (as well as jeweler's screwdrivers) help.

Thanks, I'll give the compressed air a shot. I don't know how much time and attention I can devote to dismantling the thing and cleaning contacts and stuff. I've watched youtube videos of that stuff before and it seems like it would almost be easier to just become an analog watch repairman with how many microscopic metal or plastic transparent slivers you have to handle and keep track of.

Here's hoping I can just blast out whatever might be in there.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
I generally don't think mouse button issues are likely to be dust, between the mouse shell being some protection and the switch itself having fairly minimal gaps.

GreatGreen posted:

I don't know how much time and attention I can devote to dismantling the thing and cleaning contacts and stuff. I've watched youtube videos of that stuff before and it seems like it would almost be easier to just become an analog watch repairman with how many microscopic metal or plastic transparent slivers you have to handle and keep track of.

It's really not that bad, there are only 2 microscopic bits to worry about in a normal omron switch. The first time you do it the process kinda sucks, but set aside 20-30 minutes some evening and have patience.

Here's a pictorial post I made with my personal tricks for some of the annoying parts.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
What wireless mouse would be a comparable size/shape/weight to the zowie fk2? That comparison website doesn't have it.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

After a few years of some very heavy use, my MX Master 2S's battery was starting to deplete faster and it was getting grimy, so I decided to upgrade to the Master 3. I like it a lot so far, except for one thing I haven't seen in any of the reviews. I really like how quiet and smooth the auto-unlocking feature is on the Master 3, but the electromagnetic device they're using to do it and the detent seems to cause very minute vibrations in the wheel that my finger is definitely feeling. It's most noticeable when doing medium-speed scrolls where lots of ticks happen in quick succession. It feels different from a traditional mechanical detent. It's not a big deal or anything, just different, and I'm not sure what I think about it yet. Has any Master 3 users noticed this, or am I off my rocker here?

edit: I think it's just the start-stop nature of it that feels subtly different from mechanical detents. It's just a little odd. Hopefully I'll get used to it.

Dr. Video Games 0031 fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Apr 22, 2021

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
I don't notice any vibrations when it's freely spinning, if that's what you are asking. It does have a slightly different feel when scrolling notch-by-notch. It's as if whatever ratchet-like system in normal mice has had its gear teeth rounded or smoothed somehow. It doesn't feel less precise or bad, just more thumpy than clicky, if that makes any sense. There's also the little noise it makes if you send the wheel free-spinning and let it spin down on its own, eventually it will just go *ka-tunk* when it finally runs out of steam and the magnet catches it. It took me about two weeks to not feel like their wheel was a dumb gimmick, but now I kind of like it. I wish more programs could deal with me trying to scroll at hyperspeed.

Does your middle mouse click also feel like it takes a lot more pressure to trigger than other mice? I'm wondering if that is a consistent thing across all the MX3s, that would be my biggest complaint, other than the shape/wheel+button placements not being exactly what I think I need.

Roumba fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Apr 23, 2021

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Is any manufacturer known for particularly soft middle clicks? I feel like that's something they should be paying more attention to.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009

Jippa posted:

What wireless mouse would be a comparable size/shape/weight to the zowie fk2? That comparison website doesn't have it.

FK2 is right between the glorious model o and o- so slightly smaller or slightly larger is as probably close as you're gonna get. Not exactly what you're looking for but there are also couple really good 1:1 S2 clones.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Are there any wireless mice that have the 6 side button MOBA layout like the G602? I think the new wireless Naga has a panel for it. The G602 is a great mouse, but this is like the third or fourth one and the left click keeps going. I've been developing my electronics skills, so I can probably replace the switch this time, but I haven't seen many options besides the Naga.

I'd also be up for some suggestions for switches to replace these with.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Apr 25, 2021

Koskun
Apr 20, 2004
I worship the ground NinjaPablo walks on

Echophonic posted:

Are there any wireless mice that have the 6 side button MOBA layout like the G602? I think the new wireless Naga has a panel for it. The G602 is a great mouse, but this is like the third or fourth one and the left click keeps going. I've been developing my electronics skills, so I can probably replace the switch this time, but I haven't seen many options besides the Naga.

If you are wanting to stay with Logitech there is the G604, which might simply be the replacement for the G602.

I had been looking for a while for something to replace my G700, but I ended up getting a Razer Trinity. I tried the 7 button side panel for a few weeks and couldn't get used to it. I've now adjusted to the 12 button one pretty well. I didn't know they.made a wireless version though. The only real downside to it is there is no texture to differentiate the buttons, only a slight height difference.

You can get replacement switches for your existing mouse easy enough. It more than likely will require a bit of de-soldering and re-soldering, as you also have to disconnect a ribbon\power cable from the board so you can access the solder points of the switches. Check a page or so back for some links that were posted when I was looking at doing it.

pocket pool
Aug 4, 2003

B U T T S

Bleak Gremlin

Echophonic posted:

I just replaced the switches in my GPro Wireless with some of these: Kalih GM 4.0 Mouse Switches

I like them so far a couple of weeks in, they are slightly louder but I don't think it's that bothersome (especially compared to the click bounce I had before).

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Koskun posted:

If you are wanting to stay with Logitech there is the G604, which might simply be the replacement for the G602.

I had been looking for a while for something to replace my G700, but I ended up getting a Razer Trinity. I tried the 7 button side panel for a few weeks and couldn't get used to it. I've now adjusted to the 12 button one pretty well. I didn't know they.made a wireless version though. The only real downside to it is there is no texture to differentiate the buttons, only a slight height difference.

You can get replacement switches for your existing mouse easy enough. It more than likely will require a bit of de-soldering and re-soldering, as you also have to disconnect a ribbon\power cable from the board so you can access the solder points of the switches. Check a page or so back for some links that were posted when I was looking at doing it.

I was trying to avoid the new Logitech app, since I've heard nothing but complaints about it, or else yeah, I'd go with the 604.

I'll take a look, but you're right, it doesn't look too hard. I took my last 603 apart and it was pretty easy. I tried and failed to desolder the switches (mostly in that I put too much pressure on with my tweezers), but that was a few months ago and now I'm pretty confident I can make the swap without issues.

pocket pool posted:

I just replaced the switches in my GPro Wireless with some of these: Kalih GM 4.0 Mouse Switches

I like them so far a couple of weeks in, they are slightly louder but I don't think it's that bothersome (especially compared to the click bounce I had before).

I was eyeing either those or the newer 8.0s.

Edit: Ordered some 8.0s and some Tiger feet. Mouse is fine for now, I can do the swap this summer when they show up if I get bored.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Apr 27, 2021

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

Sorry to Kramer into the thread to complain about GHub but I didn't see any posts about this in the last few pages:

GHub isn't switching profiles for me when it was just last week. I started playing Diablo 3 again and I had to set up GHub for my mouse again because it cleared my settings since the last time I played D3 (I now backup my settings files every time I set up a new game). At the time the profile switching worked great-I launch D3, and all my mouse buttons are exactly what I expect. Then yesterday I launch D3 and it didn't change the profile so none of my extra mouse buttons were doing anything (I have all my skills bound to the mouse through GHub, since D3 itself doesn't recognize all the mouse buttons). So I just alt tabbed over and switched it myself. It actually did this exact thing with Cyberpunk as well, where it would switch automatically then wouldn't some time later. Leaving the GHub window open worked for Cyberpunk though, but it's not for D3; I have to actually go into the software and switch profiles. The most annoying part is it's not switching back to my desktop default once D3 is closed. I checked via task manager and added the actual executable to GHub's setting for D3. I do not have the persistent profile option selected, and all my profiles have "enable profile switching" checked.

Any ideas at all? Uninstall/reinstall?

In all honesty if I could get my money back from Logitech I would probably buy a different mouse even though I'm one of the freaks that loves the G502 shape. It just feels like every day is a new lovely GHub experience.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Humerus posted:

In all honesty if I could get my money back from Logitech I would probably buy a different mouse even though I'm one of the freaks that loves the G502 shape. It just feels like every day is a new lovely GHub experience.

Do you have one of the 502 models that are supported in LGS?

But also IMO the best thing about the logi gaming mice is using on-board profiles. Mouse software sucks, being able to ditch it entirely and still have your buttons mapped to whatever inputs is amazing.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Humerus posted:

Sorry to Kramer into the thread to complain about GHub but I didn't see any posts about this in the last few pages:

GHub isn't switching profiles for me when it was just last week. I started playing Diablo 3 again and I had to set up GHub for my mouse again because it cleared my settings since the last time I played D3 (I now backup my settings files every time I set up a new game). At the time the profile switching worked great-I launch D3, and all my mouse buttons are exactly what I expect. Then yesterday I launch D3 and it didn't change the profile so none of my extra mouse buttons were doing anything (I have all my skills bound to the mouse through GHub, since D3 itself doesn't recognize all the mouse buttons). So I just alt tabbed over and switched it myself. It actually did this exact thing with Cyberpunk as well, where it would switch automatically then wouldn't some time later. Leaving the GHub window open worked for Cyberpunk though, but it's not for D3; I have to actually go into the software and switch profiles. The most annoying part is it's not switching back to my desktop default once D3 is closed. I checked via task manager and added the actual executable to GHub's setting for D3. I do not have the persistent profile option selected, and all my profiles have "enable profile switching" checked.

Any ideas at all? Uninstall/reinstall?

I'm on my second G502 after like 5 years on the first one. I'm reading your post and going GHub? What the hell is that? :kstarehair:

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
GHub really is garbage. Whenever my current G900 dies, I'm probably going back to Razer for a Deathadder or Basilisk just on pure principal. It's pretty hosed up that ITYOOL 2021, Razer software is better than Logitech's (imo). That's not really saying much but there's a difference.

VVVVVV Yeah I was messing around with settings one day in the regular LGS and got a "hey there's an update!" message so I clicked it and got the terrible GHub experience. I eventually uninstalled it and reinstalled LGS but got a "in the future, some features may not be available to you unless you use GHub" message which just pissed me off even further.

Black Sunshine fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Apr 28, 2021

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Even in my limited experience with it, it was buggier than LGS.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Klyith posted:

Do you have one of the 502 models that are supported in LGS?

But also IMO the best thing about the logi gaming mice is using on-board profiles. Mouse software sucks, being able to ditch it entirely and still have your buttons mapped to whatever inputs is amazing.

It's the wireless so I'm pretty sure no. Will having the profiles onboard help them switch automatically though? The application linked in the last page looked like it was just to set a single persistent profile to the mouse, is that wrong?

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Humerus posted:

It's the wireless so I'm pretty sure no. Will having the profiles onboard help them switch automatically though? The application linked in the last page looked like it was just to set a single persistent profile to the mouse, is that wrong?

I don't think the mouse relying on onboard profiles will know what applications are running on the PC without support software so you're likely stuck with GHub if you want that. You could setup some profiles to manually switch to with the button on the mouse, though (manually switching profiles like some kind of caveman!)

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Humerus posted:

Will having the profiles onboard help them switch automatically though?

No, you have to cycle them with a button on the mouse. (The tiny G9 button is pretty much made for that job.) AFAIK most logi mice with on-board have up to 5 profiles.

It's no good if you want to have different profile macros for like firefox and excel, but for games it's fine. And honestly for getting into context-sensitive macros for productivity apps I'd point towards autohotkey anyways.

quote:

The application linked in the last page looked like it was just to set a single persistent profile to the mouse, is that wrong?

I have a G700 and that app is only for the current ghub type mice, so I have no easy way to show you what to do. But you should be able to switch to on-board profiles and edit in ghub as well. I dunno exactly how it works, but it looks like this when on-board is turned on.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Logitech Options is fine if you buy a non-gaming mouse. I haven't had any problems or found any limitations.

Also, earlier thread I posted about having palm, thumb, and other tendon pain in my right hand and arm but not the wrists. I tried finger trackballs and a vertical mouse, but the pricey MX Master 3 seems to have solved everything. The design made it way easier to switch to a palm grip from my old fingertip since its so comfortable. I still have a Razer Basilisk Ultimate on its cradle on my desk which I sometimes use for gaming. For a super casual like me I honestly don't see a big difference between the gaming and non-gaming mouse. I forget to switch sometimes and I'm about as good or bad as normal. This is non-competitive FPS games (like 7 Days to Die atm), strategy games, and WoW so not any kind of Counter Strike level precision needed though.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Well complaining on the Internet seems to have worked for once because it just decided to start switching to my D3 profile again :iiam:

I didn't even restart my computer (which I tried last night). Logitech taketh and logitech giveth I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
The soon-to-be-relased Kone Pro Air looks great for anyone who's not a fan of the standard Intellimouse/Zowie shape the overwhelming majority of ergo mice have. It's like the kone pure shape with a slightly less aggressive groove on the left - the super deep thumb hole was my only complaint with that shape. 76g, wireless. Ideally I'd like it to be a few g lighter but it looks pretty damned great.

Edit: There's a wired version which is 66g. I'll definitely be getting one of those - it's a bit cheaper too at $80 compared to the wireless' $130.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Neurosis fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Apr 29, 2021