Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I think it's an consequence of them wanting to do MMPR buy taking place in the modern day. Well if that's the case so the stuff they have from after that has to take place in... also the modern day you get a lot of time compression and character ages make no sense.

Even so you would think the characters would not end up too young.

I think the problem is something like this:

https://twitter.com/themmnetwork/status/1367400571444097040?s=19

https://twitter.com/ShadowThePika/status/1367519929646407683?s=19

Obviously power rangers was so long ago, Astronema would have to be a small child during it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
In Space was season 6, and I always took Astronema for about 19.

It’s not so much a time compression issue with SPD because mainline SPD takes place so far off in the fictional future that it always will be ahead of the now but maybe not as far as Time Force. It’s just that early days PR is a lot of battles with Great Evils Who Have Conquered Millions Of Worlds. It’s just more that Space Cops don’t work really well in the Zordon run of shows where space is off-panel unless the plot demands it.

They should have used The Gold Ranger to respond to Zordon’s message IMO. He knew who Zordon was during the whole “who is the gold ranger” arc, and Jason helping Trey deal with Ecliptor/Astronema would do a lot to support the events of Zeo.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I was skimming /m/'s Power Ranger's thread and apparently the comics has retconned Divatox's age during Turbo?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I'm curious-when MMPR was licensed, obviously, Saban and co had to give Toei money to use the footage and props and the like.

Do you think getting Power Rangers money boosted the budget of Sentai stuff?
(and their other projects as well, Toei isn't just Sentai, natch)

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Junpei posted:

I'm curious-when MMPR was licensed, obviously, Saban and co had to give Toei money to use the footage and props and the like.

Do you think getting Power Rangers money boosted the budget of Sentai stuff?
(and their other projects as well, Toei isn't just Sentai, natch)

It definitely helped the Bandai side of things.

I'm not sure how it all fed together though

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Generally if you are selling a tv show overseas that isn't going to increase your budget but it will justify not cutting it

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

She also called one of her brothers one liners "cringe"

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Izzy's the best.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Place your bets on what's behind Void Knight's door! I'll start us off with some easy answers:

-It's where he has privacy to re-tame his dark evil armor
-It's where he's keeping the Gold Ranger
-It's where he goes to phone his boss without Mucus and Boomtower knowing

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
episode 8 preview

https://twitter.com/PowerRangersFun/status/1380300709590016000

i never watched Ninja Steel so i know poo poo all about this character but a Kelson Henderson guest spot has to be good, right?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Yeah he's a mechanic, he's a season mentor who usually teaches lessons by taking the dumb thing the ranger is doing and doing it back at them until they realize it's dumb, he's a shape shifter who changes shape about 4 times in 40 episodes even though it's a really cheap effect that would be narratively useful

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
One of the better parts of Ninja Steel, but that's not saying much. Glad he's making a cameo/one episode appearance. Hope this isn't a set-up for a Ninja Steel crossover.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Kelson Henderson is pretty much consistently good in anything he’s in (aside from the yeti he played in Operation Overdrive that annoyed the crap out of me) so I’m looking forward to this.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

They just announced the casting of the gold ranger. He’s the first black sixth ranger.
https://twitter.com/powerrangers/status/1380562475544948738?s=21

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

My Ranger is Fite!!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
My brain tells me that this guy is 14 even though he's probably the same age as the original Power Rangers cast was.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
..."Aeon"? or more like "I-yawn"...?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Liar Lyre posted:

They just announced the casting of the gold ranger. He’s the first black sixth ranger.
https://twitter.com/powerrangers/status/1380562475544948738?s=21

The name seems to indicate he’s from the same race as the Red Ranger, which could potentially work.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

So, is it automatic that a season of Super Sentai becomes a season of Power Rangers? Basically, is there any way Kikai Sentai Zenkaiger will make it across the ocean?

I Googled this question and found out there's an entire wiki devoted to "localizations" of sentai shows into fanfic Power Rangers series.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
A handful of recent Sentai were not adapted. ToQger, Zyohuger, and Kyuranger all got skipped so far. Go-Busters was also skipped by Saban, but Hasbro went back and did it for Beast Morphers.

With the 30th anniversary of Rangers coming up, and all the designs from Zenkaiger being from post-Zyu seasons (with Zenkaiser himself having big MMPR Green/White energy), I fully expect it to be adapted as an anniversary season.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I can't imagine Zenkaiger ever being adapted to Power Rangers, the designs are just too out there. Plus after Megaforce I never want to watch another PR season dedicated around an anniversary.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ptn1z1qL3K8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzfxrY8xd0Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpczHQ3l_F0

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

JT Smiley posted:

I can't imagine Zenkaiger ever being adapted to Power Rangers, the designs are just too out there. Plus after Megaforce I never want to watch another PR season dedicated around an anniversary.

How I would see a Zenkaiger adaptation to PR (Hasbro seems to be a lot more willing to swing for the fences on their shows than Saban was who did Megaforce) is that the "Civilian" costumes for the Zenkaigers would either be repurposed as additional cast members or abandoned and have humans as the base form and then transform them into their upgraded suits. The numbers can be handwaved as model number or something. One thing is that since they're going all-in on the Morphin' Grid, the whole plot doesn't need to change that much other than making the reveal of the power source for the Ranger's gears more explicitly based on the Grid.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

New lighting collection figures were announced during hasbro fan fest
Mighty Morphin Metallic Red Ranger(Rocky)
Mighty Morphin Metallic Black Ranger(Adam)
Mighty Morphin Metallic Blue Ranger
Mighty Morphin Metallic Yellow Ranger(Aisha)
Mighty Morphin Tyrannosaurus Sentry

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

The gently caress is a tyrannosaurus sentry

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Sockser posted:

The gently caress is a tyrannosaurus sentry

https://powerrangers.fandom.com/wiki/Tyrannosaurus_Sentries

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Xelkelvos posted:

How I would see a Zenkaiger adaptation to PR (Hasbro seems to be a lot more willing to swing for the fences on their shows than Saban was who did Megaforce) is that the "Civilian" costumes for the Zenkaigers would either be repurposed as additional cast members or abandoned and have humans as the base form and then transform them into their upgraded suits. The numbers can be handwaved as model number or something. One thing is that since they're going all-in on the Morphin' Grid, the whole plot doesn't need to change that much other than making the reveal of the power source for the Ranger's gears more explicitly based on the Grid.

If anything I figure they'll keep the Kikainoid members as is cause it'll allow them to be cheap with the cast for that season

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

fit em all up in there posted:

New lighting collection figures were announced during hasbro fan fest
Mighty Morphin Metallic Red Ranger(Rocky)
Mighty Morphin Metallic Black Ranger(Adam)
Mighty Morphin Metallic Blue Ranger
Mighty Morphin Metallic Yellow Ranger(Aisha)
Mighty Morphin Tyrannosaurus Sentry

epic slam on me for thinking they might have properly revealed the Dino Fury zord toys at this thing instead of it just being more MMPR figures lol

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Homora Gaykemi posted:

epic slam on me for thinking they might have properly revealed the Dino Fury zord toys at this thing instead of it just being more MMPR figures lol

The did say that Dino Fury zords are coming in the fall and that August is ranger month so expect lots of announcements then.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
It's really weird that the Dino Fury toy line is basically non existent. There's a morpher and a handful of figures and that's it. Isn't the whole point of this show to sell toys?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

JT Smiley posted:

It's really weird that the Dino Fury toy line is basically non existent. There's a morpher and a handful of figures and that's it. Isn't the whole point of this show to sell toys?

Is this the first time a PR series has gone this long without a real toyline to speak of?

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Liar Lyre posted:

The did say that Dino Fury zords are coming in the fall and that August is ranger month so expect lots of announcements then.

ah, cheers. just seems kind of weird to have such a big gap between the show starting on telly and the robits actually hitting store shelves. i suppose it means they'll be fresher come holiday season, but it's a bit strange

Larryb posted:

Is this the first time a PR series has gone this long without a real toyline to speak of?

from what i've gathered reading on places like Rangerboard, yeah. in the past they'd have everything ready to roll right as the show hits the airwaves while here we don't even know when the Izzy and Javi figures are meant to be coming out

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Do we have any idea why that’s the case this time?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Covid or nah?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

My guess would be who buys toys in February. Get them fresh on the line in the fall for Christmas when kids know all the characters

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Costumes gotta be ready for Halloween early, though.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
The strangest thing is the fact that PR is actually owned by a toy company now so if anything you'd think there would be Dino Fury toys overflowing on store shelves.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

My guess would be who buys toys in February. Get them fresh on the line in the fall for Christmas when kids know all the characters

People, people buy toys all year round. That's why every major department store in the country has a dozen isles dedicated to them.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

JT Smiley posted:

The strangest thing is the fact that PR is actually owned by a toy company now so if anything you'd think there would be Dino Fury toys overflowing on store shelves.

Hasbro and failing to consistently stock stores go hand in hand, moreso since COVID and rising plastic costs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Good point. Any decent Hasbro figures I've bought in the last year I just got online. I still have only seen those new GI Joes in the wild twice.