Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
https://twitter.com/NeilBreen/status/1371909135176851457?s=20

VISUAL effects dumb dumb. God do you even know how Hollywood works

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

HAHAHAHAHA like drive away from the screen HAHAHAHA

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Alan Smithee posted:

https://twitter.com/NeilBreen/status/1371909135176851457?s=20

VISUAL effects dumb dumb. God do you even know how Hollywood works

So this guy is definitely dangerous right? The common throughline of his films is "most of humanity sucks and we need superbeings to save us from ourselves" and I'm just nervously anticipating the day that he finally snaps and goes on a murder spree

but enough about Zach Snyder chortle chortle!

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

X-Ray Pecs posted:

ChefBoyardee and most of the original devs left years ago, even if it somehow miraculously comes out, it'll still be dead.

It's not coming out.

Back in...2019 I think? We had most of the dev team show up in the Barkley thread to let us know that the game is 100% not coming out and that development was completely and utterly hosed in more ways than you can possibly imagine.

The promise has been broken. :negative:

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Tars Tarkas posted:

In the future, all franchises will have Baby Yodas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43CTgfwoa3Y

Those aren't Baby Yodas, they are Gremlins.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

The Klowner posted:

So this guy is definitely dangerous right? The common throughline of his films is "most of humanity sucks and we need superbeings to save us from ourselves" and I'm just nervously anticipating the day that he finally snaps and goes on a murder spree

Mad as a bag of spanners.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Also Neil Breen: hacking is the answer to everything and women should not wear bras.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
To be fair in at least one movie he has the epiphany that he shouldn't kill humanity, I think its the one where he teleports to rich people and shouts "ISNT THAT CORRUPT?"

In his newest film he helped paused stock footage soldiers escape an exploding building

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Neurolimal posted:

To be fair in at least one movie he has the epiphany that he shouldn't kill humanity, I think its the one where he teleports to rich people and shouts "ISNT THAT CORRUPT?"

Is this the same movie where at the end all the rich people commit suicide?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The Klowner posted:

If he's as good at killing as he is at making movies, the most I'd expect would be a police log in the local paper about a dentist reported dead of a broken neck after tripping over a rifle and falling down the stairs.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
It’s honestly impressive how much worse Neil Breen has gotten over time. Twisted Pair makes Double Down look like a genuine Hollywood action movie.

I still say his worst is I Am Here....Now though, because it has all the crazy white dude rants from the later films plus the intensely uncomfortable sexual poo poo from his early films. I think he knows it’s his worst film too, because it’s been more or less scrubbed from the internet and he doesn’t sell it anymore. I only saw it from a lovely YouTube rip years ago and that link is long dead.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

If he's as good at killing as he is at making movies, the most I'd expect would be a police log in the local paper about a dentist reported dead of a broken neck after tripping over a rifle and falling down the stairs.

He probably thinks he's been killing people for some time now. By wandering around town and staring at folks until he is satisfied his mind powers have done their work.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

He probably thinks he's been killing people for some time now. By wandering around town and staring at folks until he is satisfied his mind powers have done their work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8t4pmlHRokg

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
The Neil Breen thread was the best thing on here and I'm bummed it seems to be dead.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

The MSJ posted:

Also Neil Breen: hacking is the answer to everything and women should not wear bras.

Like many of us, Neil Breen was greatly impacted by Angelina Jolie in Hackers.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

If you want a Breen-like movie that isn't misanthropic or perverted, I highly recommend The Eleventh Green, a movie about the ET-industrial complex and Barack Obama using an auto hypnosis tape to commune with the ghost of President Eisenhower.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I said I’m sorry fofty

Nobody Greelightninged 2020 is back! Please fifty no more

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016
Phoebe Waller-Bridge has been cast in Indy 5

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Can't wait to see her and Mutt trading sizzling banter.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
LIterally more time has passed between Raiders and today than between WW2 and Raiders.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
In all seriousness, Bridge is being billed as "co-lead" alongside Ford and I hope Mangold is attempting to pass a baton between the two. A 1970s Indiana Jones trilogy starring Bridge could be dope (if we have to continue the franchise). Even if that would make it a weird circular Tomb Raider influence.

But really we should just let Paul Dini make an episodic animated series set in the 30s. It could either just make more stories in the vein of the first 3, or pick up from where Young Indy left off and follow him as a globetrotting treasure-hunting archeology student who hasn't learned that stealing cultural artifacts is bad, yet.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
It would be rad if indy 5 didn't suck

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I can't see it happening, but I do feel like the bafflingly high quality of Logan means there might be a chance.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Set it in 1977 and have a 78 year old Indy go see Star Wars.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

I hope Indy is the mentor type and we see Phoebe Waller-Bridges doing the exploring stuff.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Set it in 1977 and have a 78 year old Indy go see Star Wars.

Yeah, unless they de-age or really fudge the timeline, there's no way there's not going to be a reference to Lucas & Spielberg in there somewhere.

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures
bunch of updated/new release dates from Paramount:

quote:

SNAKE EYES, previously scheduled for October 22, 2021, is now set to open July 23, 2021 (wide).

JACKASS, previously scheduled for September 3, 2021, is now set to open October 22, 2021 (wide).

TOP GUN MAVERICK, previously scheduled for July 2, 2021, is now set to open November 19, 2021 (wide).

MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE 7, previously scheduled for November 19, 2021, is now set to open May 27, 2022 (wide).

UNTITLED BEE GEES is announced for November 4, 2022 (wide).

DUNGEONS & DRAGONS, previously scheduled for May 27, 2022, is now set to open March 3, 2023 (wide).

UNTITLED STAR TREK is announced for June 9, 2023 (wide).

MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE 8, previously scheduled for November 4, 2022, is now set to open July 7, 2023 (wide).

THE SHRINKING OF TREEHORN is announced for November 10, 2023 (wide).

UNTITLED RYAN REYNOLDS/JOHN KRASINSKI FILM is announced for November 17, 2023 (wide).

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Hi, I'm UNTITLED BEE GEES. How are you?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Grendels Dad posted:

Honestly, I've been feeling pretty (wide) these days.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

feedmyleg posted:

I can't see it happening, but I do feel like the bafflingly high quality of Logan means there might be a chance.

Mangold is a good director. He's a good pick to make Indy's last adventure.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Did they film those Missions Impossible together?

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Fartington Butts posted:

Did they film those Missions Impossible together?

Yes.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Goddamnit quit delaying Top Gun Maverick 🙁

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

FoneBone posted:

UNTITLED STAR TREK is announced for June 9, 2023 (wide).

This is supposedly NOT the one from the Discovery writer but a secret JJ produced movie.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Julius CSAR posted:

Goddamnit quit delaying Top Gun Maverick 🙁

They are adamant about not doing a streaming release for it. So until things get all the way back to normal it will just keep getting pushed back.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Grendels Dad posted:

Absolutely loving stoked for UNTITILED BEE (gees) MOVIE.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Absolutely loving stoked for UNTITILED BEE (gees) MOVIE.

"I started a joke: What's the deal with 17 year old high school girlfriends?"

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

muscles like this! posted:

They are adamant about not doing a streaming release for it. So until things get all the way back to normal it will just keep getting pushed back.
I'm a little surprised it got bumped when Godzilla vs. Kong over-performed expectations with its opening last weekend and people are starting to go out more. By July you have Marvel releasing movies again.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

FlamingLiberal posted:

I'm a little surprised it got bumped when Godzilla vs. Kong over-performed expectations with its opening last weekend and people are starting to go out more. By July you have Marvel releasing movies again.

Up here in Canada a lot of places are locking down again because it turns out "17% of the population received one shot" doesn't equal herd immunity. I'm not super up to date on how things are panning out in the US but the numbers coming out of Michigan right now are, uh, not great. I don't blame studios for being a little skittish after last years gongshow.

I think a lot of it is ultimately going to come down to how the vaccines pan out over the next few months, and more specifically how they fare against the variants. A lot of people are clamoring to get things back up and running but that tune is going to change really loving fast if the ICU's start filling up again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I just watched The Deer Hunter and boy do I want some Rolling Rock.

Edit: I meant to post this in GenChat.

Detective No. 27 fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Apr 10, 2021