Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
I wondered where I have seen that ult before. It's more or less the same ult Athena has in SMITE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGmnS14KHmI&t=235s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
Wtf are these rubick changes?

Why do they keep on removing his great talents (+150 health and +100 cast range!) to buff telekinesis (wow +175 damage and a .6 stun how useful) I will never get a shard over blink + aghs :argh:

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Pantheon from League also has / had a global Leap Slam

E: Yea I don't like those Rubick changes either.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
Also enigma got hit hard with the eidolon cool down nerf lol. Ice frog does not want jungle enigma back at all.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Desperate Character posted:

Also enigma got hit hard with the eidolon cool down nerf lol. Ice frog does not want jungle enigma back at all.

No he doesn't want enigma to be a deny bot and dumpster lane matchups.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

enigma was really stupid and so was necro and im glad both are dead

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Desperate Character posted:

Wtf are these rubick changes?

Why do they keep on removing his great talents (+150 health and +100 cast range!) to buff telekinesis (wow +175 damage and a .6 stun how useful) I will never get a shard over blink + aghs :argh:

I think all talent cast range stuff is gone. Gone the ole way of the ole death timer reduction talents.

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
Yep

Patch notes posted:

Various cast ranges and movement speed talents/items/abilities have been replaced or toned down (these are included in-line with the item and hero sections below)

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

lagidnam posted:

I wondered where I have seen that ult before. It's more or less the same ult Athena has in SMITE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGmnS14KHmI&t=235s

It's pantheon's ult from league

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
it's actually closer to Galio's ult

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

athena in smite was pretty fun, so, that's actually a good sign

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Sab669 posted:

Pantheon from League also has / had a global Leap Slam

E: Yea I don't like those Rubick changes either.

He apparently doesn't since a rework. Had to ask a lol "friend" about it.

There was an earth shaker like dude in hots that had one that was similar but not global.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

IcePhoenix posted:

https://twitter.com/DOTA2/status/1380596153259991040

Omniknight got a girlfriend

e: lmao her ult is INCREDIBLE

This lady's design is a mess BUT her kit is good and she's got Athena's ult from Smite so I'll play that poo poo.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

I'm wondering if people are not playing her correctly or we're missing something. Dotabuff doesn't have a winrate for her yet, but you can look at the item winrate and get a sense. It's absurdly low.

If she's meant to be a carry I think her E might be undertuned. It's 180% crit at level 4, compared to WK's 260% (yes I know her's is every 4th attack versus his being every 4 seconds until 25 talent but I think that makes a minimal difference for the lion's share of the game).

mikeraskol fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Apr 10, 2021

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

New hero seems extremely well statted but all her abilities are flashy nothing.
•telegraphed melee-range 1s stun
•telegraphed dash with minor slow/damage — this ability takes ages to trigger. Seriously like 2.5 seconds to hop 250 units over a cliff. It’s bad.
•a free 2x Crit every 4 attacks that heals
•amazing ultimate. Huge cooldown.

I’m being purposefully negative on all that tho. She just doesn’t seem to pack damage, support, or crowd control. It’s a little of each. Maybe that’s enough when your kit has a global teleport that also AOE stuns.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

DNK posted:

New hero seems extremely well statted but all her abilities are flashy nothing.
•telegraphed melee-range 1s stun
•telegraphed dash with minor slow/damage
•a free 2x Crit every 4 attacks that heals
•amazing ultimate. Huge cooldown.

I’m being purposefully negative on all that tho. She just doesn’t seem to pack damage, support, or crowd control. It’s a little of each. Maybe that’s enough when your kit has a global teleport that also AOE stuns.

I don't think you're being too negative here. Seems to be something slightly missing, it's like the other 3 abilities are severely weaker because the ult is so good. But it leaves her kind of positionless. She has to be a core and really needs damage/attack speed to do anything so offlane doesn't seem amazing, but her E isn't good enough (at least from my early impression) that you'd want to dump her safelane. And I don't know why she'd go mid instead of the actual good mid heroes.

Basically she's not as good as Mars off (he has more burst and better control), not as good as WK safe (he farms faster and has a better crit for damage), and pales in comparison to real mids. But I'm likely jumping the gun on this and missing something that someone will unlock with her.

She's super fun to play though.

mikeraskol fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Apr 10, 2021

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

Make her Q like Riven from LoL and maybe we got a hero.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I had a 70 minute game where someone picked her as safelane carry and the damage output was underwhelming. They got 25 kills but only did 10k more damage than the pos 4 Jakiro. It just felt like the game was super hard because even though we had HUGE sustain it felt like we were barely winning, until we eventually lost. Unless you win the game quickly it feels like damage > defense in Dota.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

she is super fun to play but feels like in the awkward zone of "not enough farm for the items she wants as a offlaner" and "not really big enough impact for a mid".

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Kind of more excited now for the follow-up patches - this one feels like it was sitting around for a while and doesn't really address a lot of the stuff that happened at the Major. Like Mars getting....buffed? I saw a Mason clip where he was yelling about Weaver getting nerfed despite being horrible and having a 35% winrate

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

TOOT BOOT posted:

I had a 70 minute game where someone picked her as safelane carry and the damage output was underwhelming. They got 25 kills but only did 10k more damage than the pos 4 Jakiro. It just felt like the game was super hard because even though we had HUGE sustain it felt like we were barely winning, until we eventually lost. Unless you win the game quickly it feels like damage > defense in Dota.

Tune up the E slightly, put her safe lane, echo sabre - SnY - AC - (BKB, Abyssal, MKB)?

I think it has to be safelane and maybe people just aren't building enough damage.

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

the new map is interesting, areas feel much more exposed

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Compare that to like, Antimage back when people would level stats over his spell shield skill

DNK posted:

I actually think AM might be pickable if he could take stats over ability points. All he needs is 1/1/1 and then mass stats until he has manta finished (at which point he'll be like level 17 and able to skill poo poo).

it's happening

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
i think dawnbreaker sucks tbh

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

it's happening

RTZ right now - new tiny shard makes tree grab have no limit

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Sampatrick posted:

i think dawnbreaker sucks tbh

36% win rate at the moment so yeah. Even with not knowing the right lane/items that’s atrocious.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Someone showed me a video of a Dawnbreaker with a full six-slotted inventory using her Q on a group of level 25 axes with no items and she does like 15% of their HP yeah she seems worse than bad

Dunite
Oct 12, 2013
Why can't Dawnbreaker be an aggressive pos 5 that helps win the early game for your pos 1.
You can harass, heal, slow, catch and then use your ult like a black hole lite allowing you to jump in globally?

Edit: Maybe a natural holy locket wearer?

Dunite fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Apr 10, 2021

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Can anyone explain the NP changes to me? I really really don't get it. The hero was already in the toilet for the most part and they nerfed the one thing he was actually good at, being annoying for the first 5-10min. Then they buffed the thing his teammates hate him for, sucking up farm with his ult.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Dunite posted:

Why can't Dawnbreaker be an aggressive pos 5 that helps win the early game for your pos 1.
You can harass, heal, slow, catch and then use your ult like a black hole lite allowing you to jump in globally?

She barely heals from the E unless you have damage.

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
Pos5 wouldn't work but I want to see how effective a midgame aura carrier build would be. Grab a Mek, Vlads, Blink and group up early to force objectives. IMO the passive isn't enough to justify going full right-click on her.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I just thought about it for ten seconds and realized no Necro in the game anymore means no Lycan/Tusk can farm their 12 min Necro3 and make it so you can never ward ever again and now I'm all for the change

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Dunite posted:

I don't think she does enough without some farm. Both her Q and E scale off items, and she's a melee hero without a reliable save or ranged stun.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

The numbers on her abilities just suck. They are good in concept but the damage is sad.

It’s legitimately laughable to compare her on release to someone like MK, whose numbers were just outrageous.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

IcePhoenix posted:

https://twitter.com/DOTA2/status/1380596153259991040

Omniknight got a girlfriend

e: lmao her ult is INCREDIBLE

Doom "I wish I had armor"

THE MONKEY'S PAW CURLS

JollyBoyJohn posted:

lol the new hero is like someone from the avengers and its awesome

Visually I hate every hero unique to dota 2, too bad valve gave up on making games before all their artists quit

sugar free jazz posted:

enigma was really stupid and so was necro and im glad both are dead

Micro heroes are part of why dota's more fun to watch than something like lol, imo

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Apr 10, 2021

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
DB seems alright as a ganking 4. Her skills are really underwhelming on their own but they definitely complement your carry in the early game and become a nuisance as time passes. Phase into Blink and then auras?

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I think trying to game theory out a way to make DB good is squeezing blood from the stone at this point. I'd just put her on the backburner until the mini-patches make her usable

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011
To be fair Fun but numbers are bad is probably a better place to start than just overpowered.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Wonder how her damage is if you do the WK Midas into Radiance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
you can also blink during her q so that you can immediately reliably stun