Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I said come in! posted:

It's a crazy rear end first person shooter series that had three games, and was made by many of the same people who created Golden Eye, and Perfect Dark. And the multiplayer reflects that. It had no internet, but the 4 way split screen multiplayer was basically a evolution of golden eye, and perfect dark. Tons of crazy weapons, maps, and characters to play as. It's a really good arena deathmatch game. It had bots to play against too, and there are challenge modes, and a map creator.

Do I need to find Timesplitters 1 to understand the plot of 2?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
So is Timesplitters 2 multiplayer capable inside Homefront? Or is there likely someone who going to make a mod or something that enables people to play MP online?

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Steam Thread: Timesplitters 2 has been hiding here for 5 years

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

StrixNebulosa posted:

Not at all, the story is incoherent and just there to create crazy levels.

pentyne posted:

So is Timesplitters 2 multiplayer capable inside Homefront? Or is there likely someone who going to make a mod or something that enables people to play MP online?

Technically possible, it's built into the co-op for Homefront, but the person who put it there is unsure, it was never tested.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

StrixNebulosa posted:

TimeSplitters 1's story can generously be described as existing in concept. You don't really get info drops or mission dialogue or even character bios. Basically you're there to stop the TimeSplitters in various levels set across different time periods, which somehow involves finding an object in the level and taking it to the exit (which might be the spawn point). Every story level has its own unique pair of male and female protagonists (there's no real difference between the characters beyond models and voice clips). Mostly it's an excuse to let you run through crypts and facilities and such, and there's lots of unlocks through challenges. All the unlocks are basically to funnel towards Arcade Mode which lets you screw around with bots and multiplayer with loads of custom settings.

TimeSplitters 2 is for all intents and purposes the first game of the series to put some effort into the plot, such as it is.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

This is a decent bundle

https://www.fanatical.com/en/pick-and-mix/build-your-own-all-stars-bundle

Deadly Premonition
Homeworld Remastered Collection
Brut@l
Steamworld Dig
Simcity 4 Deluxe

...pretty good for $2.99 I think

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

bees x1000 posted:

This is a decent bundle

https://www.fanatical.com/en/pick-and-mix/build-your-own-all-stars-bundle

Deadly Premonition
Homeworld Remastered Collection
Brut@l
Steamworld Dig
Simcity 4 Deluxe

...pretty good for $2.99 I think

Worth it for Homeworld and SC4.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Did Deadly Premonition on PC ever get fixed?

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Scalding Coffee posted:

This just came up in the deals thread but tldr: no

Trickyblackjack
Feb 13, 2012
I wasn't familiar with Homefront (though for some reason I own the first one????) lol the plot summary just describes normal America.

stream posted:

Philadelphia - once the birthplace of Independence - has become a ghetto, where surveillance drones and armoured patrols keep the population at heel, crushing any dissent with savage force.

Her once-proud citizens live in a police state, forced to collaborate just to survive, their dreams of freedom long since extinguished.

Glad many here enjoyed playing through a prepper's fanfic.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Scalding Coffee posted:

There are some steam guides with fixes, not sure how effective they are but I'm willing to try for this price

bees x1000 fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Apr 9, 2021

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

why isnt dark souls 1 remastered on sale come on

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Trickyblackjack posted:

I wasn't familiar with Homefront (though for some reason I own the first one????) lol the plot summary just describes normal America.

Glad many here enjoyed playing through a prepper's fanfic.

Look up Days Gone (PS4 game), its basically the uber prepper fanfic game and that's with the game being caught in a development hell before being pushed out half finished.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Timesplitters robust local multiplayer options really made it amazing, my friends and I had a ton of fun with the series, but it kind of came at the tail end of console local multiplayer being a thing so it was a bit slept on imo. Also halo happened.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Homefront The Revolution is fun because not a lot of games have nailed the whole hit and run guerilla war thing. The story is :rolleyes: sometimes but the game itself is super fun for all the jank. It’s great when you run in, hit your objective, but oh gently caress here comes a bunch of stuff I have no way to deal with run run run.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Homefront The Revolution is fun because not a lot of games have nailed the whole hit and run guerilla war thing. The story is :rolleyes: sometimes but the game itself is super fun for all the jank. It’s great when you run in, hit your objective, but oh gently caress here comes a bunch of stuff I have no way to deal with run run run.

I liked H:TR a lot but i wish the co-op mode wasn't complete dog turd :(

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum

Kibayasu posted:

Look up Days Gone (PS4 game), its basically the uber prepper fanfic game and that's with the game being caught in a development hell before being pushed out half finished.
The developers grew up in rural central Oregon and were part of that kind of culture if I remember correctly and it's kind of a take on that. They themselves aren't part of the prepper crowd though.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Days gone is also a PS Plus free game this month

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Days gone is also a PS Plus free game this month

When are they finally going to give the actual Steam release day? It’s said “spring 2021” for ages now.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Oh right Days Gone has a Steam page now lol

Rusty posted:

The developers grew up in rural central Oregon and were part of that kind of culture if I remember correctly and it's kind of a take on that. They themselves aren't part of the prepper crowd though.

I don’t doubt they probably had plans to say something about it but it definitely got lost/cut along the way

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Kibayasu posted:

Oh right Days Gone has a Steam page now lol

Ooh what the gently caress it comes out soon.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

I said come in! posted:

Ooh what the gently caress it comes out soon.

I’ve been hyped since the announcement, I had juuust hit the point where it was really clicking for me after a slow start when I switched back to primarily PC gaming and the super slow loading times on PS4 became too much for me.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I’d be very wary of release performance issues at the very least.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Kibayasu posted:

I’d be very wary of release performance issues at the very least.

HZD at the very least had an unofficial fix within a day or two for people who weren’t able to brute force its memory issues with entirely too much RAM.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Kibayasu posted:

I never know what Timesplitters actually is because I’m constantly confusing it with Time Crisis.

I thought it was the game where you pilot a bi-plane to kill every Dinosaur, but apparently I was wrong?

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Kibayasu posted:

I never know what Timesplitters actually is because I’m constantly confusing it with Time Crisis.

its like mortal kombat but you can cut off ppls limbs

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

That's Time Killers.

It's a Metroidvania with time-stopping mechanics and a time travel plot.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

That's Timespinner.

It's an old movie about a group of thieves who use time travel to steal valuables from various eras and a kid who gets caught up with their shenanigans.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

That's Time Bandits

It's a long-running arcade game series that is famous for its pedal controls, and a lightgun with kickback every time you fire it.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

That's Time Chasers

a 1994 science fiction film directed by David Giancola and starring Matthew Bruch, George Woodard, and Bonnie Pritchard.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

ZearothK posted:

I thought it was the game where you pilot a bi-plane to kill every Dinosaur, but apparently I was wrong?
Prehistoric Isle

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

bees x1000 posted:

There are some steam guides with fixes, not sure how effective they are but I'm willing to try for this price

FYI, I could not get the game to detect the analog sticks on my xbox controller, no matter what I did. I tried multiple patches and they did not work. The buttons worked though.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

IShallRiseAgain posted:

FYI, I could not get the game to detect the analog sticks on my xbox controller, no matter what I did. I tried multiple patches and they did not work. The buttons worked though.

Following this

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1957819200

My Xbox One controller is working great and I've been able to play an entire 40 minutes without a crash yet, but apparently peoples' experiences vary wildly

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
I'm 30 mins into a new run in Age of Decadence as an assassin and I've already found more gold, more items, more free exp from conversations and skill use then I did into my entire play-through as a merchant. The "sneaking into the palace" part was basically a text CYOA game that had a couple of bad ends like turning the wrong corner and getting shanked by a guard.

This game has got way more depth to it then it seems.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

IShallRiseAgain posted:

I had the exact issue with Binding of Isaac: Repentance when it launched and it was because I didn't turn on the steam controller configuration settings right. Steam -> Settings -> Controller -> General Controller Settings, then go through those settings.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

This loving thing won't go away, I think it's from Steam? It just appears on my screen after some amount of time, and stays there. Click that button and the whole thing just gets a little darker and stays. I can't drag it or move it or interact with it except the button press to darken it, which works once (and then it stays in that new state forever.) It sits on top of everything, even fullscreen stuff. I have to restart to make it go away for a day or two. What is this.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Bad Munki posted:

This loving thing won't go away, I think it's from Steam? It just appears on my screen after some amount of time, and stays there. Click that button and the whole thing just gets a little darker and stays. I have to restart to make it go away for a day or two. What is this.

That looks like an xbox/gamepass thing, you have the windows game bar thingey turned on?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I don't know? Not that I'm aware of? There's nothing in the taskbar or whatever.

e: I found the windows game bar thing in the task manager and killed it and that made it go away, thank god. How do I keep it from coming back?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Bad Munki posted:

I don't know? Not that I'm aware of? There's nothing in the taskbar or whatever.

e: I found the windows game bar thing in the task manager and killed it and that made it go away, thank god. How do I keep it from coming back?

Go into your windows settings > Gaming > turn that poo poo off with extreme prejudice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

You are my god drat hero.