Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
I can't speak to the other stuff, but I think the easiest way to get / manage / run the game is via PSO2 Tweaker using the Steam version? That's what I use and it's been really smooth, anyway. I'm assuming at some point they fixed all the problems with the MS store version but I never bothered to try.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Plasbad posted:

Hi everyone, I'm just getting back into this game for the first time in about a year (I think I stopped right around episode 4 being added). Just a couple questions while I get used to things again, I know the game is on Steam now but is there any specific reason to not just use the old Microsoft Store version? Second, my highest character is level 69 so I know I'm not at end-game, but I believe I have a solid 13 star weapon at +32, what do you have to do to aim for getting the strongest weapons and stuff you can get? I seem to have forgotten everything about upgrading and affixes and stuff.

I still love this game, even if I can't remember my Bouncer rotations or anything right now.

See if you can equip any of the weapons from the Legendary 15 star collection folders and then just focus on leveling up.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
If you still have the MS Store version installed, use it. You need it anyway to link accounts first because if you load up the Steam version and start a new char, you can no longer link your MS Store PSO2 char to Steam. It is a lame process that either requires two installations of PSO2 or some PSO2 Tweaker tomfoolery to convert the MS Store install to a Steam install. IIRC you can launch the MS Store install, get the code you need to link, use Tweaker to convert it to a Steam install, then launch your Steam install to complete linking. That way you don't need two separate installs. If you lose your code before linking you will have to redownload the whole MS Store version to grab it again.

Bloodplay it again fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Apr 9, 2021

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Is there a web calendar or website that lists what all of the daily recommended missions are? I pretty much only play nowadays when the 8 player castle boss is up.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

I said come in! posted:

Is there a web calendar or website that lists what all of the daily recommended missions are? I pretty much only play nowadays when the 8 player castle boss is up.

Edit: I'm wrong.

Bloodplay it again fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Apr 9, 2021

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

No, by recommends they mean recommends.

And if you just want Rec4, there's always this page:

https://pso2na.arks-visiphone.com/wiki/Recommended_Quests

If you want the whole breakdown you can join the discord and look at the bot channel, when things switch over it lists all the daily recs and COs and whatnot, along with 30 minute advance pings on scheduled UQs.

Plasbad
Oct 2, 2013
Thanks for the help guys, I've been messing around with the Microsoft Store one and so far it's been completely smooth. I ended up having to do a total reinstall anyway because it refused to load at all when using my old tweaker version.

I really appreciate how there's always something to do in this game, but it's also so very low stress and brainless most of the time. It's such a fun game to just game around in.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

No, by recommends they mean recommends.

And if you just want Rec4, there's always this page:

https://pso2na.arks-visiphone.com/wiki/Recommended_Quests

If you want the whole breakdown you can join the discord and look at the bot channel, when things switch over it lists all the daily recs and COs and whatnot, along with 30 minute advance pings on scheduled UQs.

Here we go, this is what I was looking for, and today is Menace of the Bewitched Castle, so it looks like i'm playing PSO2 tonight.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Anyone by chance have the symbol art files for the one on the right? Been doing rec4 for luster alt scamming and I need it badly.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I don't have that one but I got just as annoyed one day a few months back and ended up making this

If you're on ship2/in nolvac i can give it to you, or post it in the discord or something along those lines. Either way I'm glad I'm not the only one irritated by pubbies having meltdowns over it and leaving parties because of their 10% or whatever.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Someone chewed me out for not joining their party in a Free Match Buster Quest once, of all things

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Nah I'm ship 1, someone who transferred over from ship 2 last maintenance brought it to my attention and I've wanted it since. S1 just has the rappy one but that's more annoying to edit versus swiping one already made.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

It looks like you already have it in your history or something from the screenshot, just save it?

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
The screenshot was from someone who transferred off ship 2 to ship 1, I personally don't have it and I don't have a ship 2 character to grab it either.

Plasbad
Oct 2, 2013
Reporting in from playing and can definitely say that 1) the game is still very fun, 2) the event music in the lobby is burned into my brain and I can't turn it off, and 3) how does anyone play a class that isn't bouncer? I got mine to 75 and am catching up Hunter from my subclass and I just feel so impossibly slow now. I like the wirelance though, it's still a fun class. I just miss zooming through the sky in every level and fight.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I haven’t played in a while, have they done the PSO anniversary event in the global version yet?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

I haven’t played in a while, have they done the PSO anniversary event in the global version yet?

It's going on right now.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

It's happening right now I believe.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Hypocrisy posted:

It's going on right now.

kirbysuperstar posted:

It's happening right now I believe.

Looks like I need to jump back in then. Thanks!

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I'm literally waiting for ngs to happen before jumping back in, I did all the way through ep6 in the Japanese version so I didn't have a whole lot of desire to do it again, especially since it doesn't actually carry over to NGS other than I guess cosmetics (which would be gen 1/wooden hands cosmetics anyway). I spent a shitload on gacha for this game on NA, so I stopped playing entirely because spending 200 bucks every time a new premium scratch drops isn't sustainable if you're not actively playing and enjoying the game.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Apr 14, 2021

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

On the Japanese client, how do you like the graphics overhaul?

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

quote:

Get ready, Arks! You are close to embarking on a new era of Phantasy Star Online 2. Our Global Closed Beta Test of PHANTASY STAR ONLINE 2 NEW GENESIS starts on May 14th! Continue reading below to learn more about this beta testing period!

GLOBAL CLOSED BETA TEST INFORMATION

Experience the vast open world of PSO2:NGS, set a thousand years after the events of PSO2, for the first time as a PSO2 Global player. During this testing period, we will also collect your valuable opinions and feedback to make the game the best experience it can be. We are looking forward to your applications then!

Start Date: 05/14 09:00 PM (America/New_York)

End Date: 05/16 10:00 PM (America/New_York)

Platform: Windows 10 PC (Microsoft Store)

Registration Starts: 04/21 01:00 PM (America/New_York) via the Xbox Insider Hub App

This beta period will have a limited number of applicants who can register at a first come, first served basis, so make sure you sign up quickly once the registration starts! Those who join in to play the PSO2:NGS Global CBT will receive a participation reward, to be revealed at a later date.

We would like to thank you all for your tremendous support for Phantasy Star Online 2 Global since its 2020 launch, and we can’t wait for you to experience what’s in store for 2021 and beyond with Phantasy Star Online 2 New Genesis!

See you soon!

- The PSO2 Team

Gotta redownload the Windows Store version. :negative:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Bloodplay it again posted:

Gotta redownload the Windows Store version. :negative:

No, I don't think I will.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

kirbysuperstar posted:

:emptyquote:

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

I said come in! posted:

On the Japanese client, how do you like the graphics overhaul?

It ended up breaking all of the lighting so it looks kinda bad in a lot of places. Supposedly they're working on a fix and that's probably why it hasn't been introduced into the global client yet.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

kirbysuperstar posted:

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

RIP X-Box insider app.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
Long Live the X-Box insider hub.
(also registered for closed beta.)

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Ardeem posted:

:same:

Have been busy playing other games lately but I'm interesting in seeing how XCX2 NGE plays.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

There's a big old leveling event going on in regular PSO2 too so it's a good chance to get a couple hundred to well over a thousand SG depending on if you want to level all your classes to 100. Here's a nice google doc from reddit organizing the events.

Ardeem posted:

Good to hear. I signed up though I have had mostly bad experiences with the Microsoft shoppe.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Nice, thank you!

e. finally hit 100 on Phantom yesterday, switched back to Ranger to level it to 100 and holy poo poo I played Phantom so long I've forgotten how to play Ranger lol

Code Jockey fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Apr 21, 2021

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
NGS in June.

Character creator/engine benchmark in May.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

7c Nickel posted:

NGS in June.

Character creator/engine benchmark in May.

Hell yeah, I'll come back and play it for a while probably, and then get pissed off at gacha and quit.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
So after grinding the new UQ on UH, I've got an absolute pile of Schvelle units an Dia gear. Doesn't look like I can exchange the Schvelle units yet for cubes (but that's coming?) and the Dia weapons aren't really anything to write home about compared to what I already have.

I'm always so nervous to do anything with fancy high level gear though, I'm guessing I should just hold onto the units until I can turn them into cubes and do the same with the Dia gear?

e. I mean any Schvelle units with good augs I'd keep of course

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

We can trade 13* units for cubes on the JP servers, dunno if that's ever coming to the global version. I don't have space to horde them all so they're just getting vendored. :shrug:

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
I've never played this, but I'm going to try it out. I did play a bit of PSO on Dreamcast.
Beginner tips?

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Do excubes transfer to ngs or is that entirely contained to og pso2

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Gerdalti posted:

I've never played this, but I'm going to try it out. I did play a bit of PSO on Dreamcast.
Beginner tips?

You get a couple hours after you make your character to change stuff around. You just need to go to the salon which is 9n the 2nd floor of the shopping area. Or you can go right there among other places with the quick menu.

There's a NPC called Leontina near the gate which has some basic tutorials you can quickly read through.

Class/Race doesn't matter too much except for fashion. You can swap classes at any time and all races get access to all classes.

Plasbad
Oct 2, 2013

Gerdalti posted:

Beginner tips?

The story stuff is all self contained in its own quest menus, so if you want to do it you can, or you can completely ignore it for the most part.

Speaking of menus, this game is a bit dated in that there are tons of menus for everything, but once you figure your way around them it's fairly intuitive.

Mostly as a beginner, don't stress hard about anything, do all the exploration type quests as they become available to you in order to unlock all the locations, and definitely try the practice quests for all the classes you think you might be interested in. They're short and they cover the basics of how the classes play so you can get a feel for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Gerdalti posted:

Beginner tips?

Get in the Discord and ask question when you feel lost. There's almost always someone around willing to answer.