Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.

flesh dance posted:

I only tried just-the-jokes once when the app that was supposed to sync it automatically gave everyone a few star wars riffs for free. That was a longass time ago and maybe it's been improved since then, but it kept loving up on me

I enjoy the VOD shorts and weird b-movies far more than blockbusters anyhow, that's why I loved mst3k after all

The Transformers movies are terrible. But Transformers 2, to me, is a special form of terrible. Made during a writers strike, it is an incomprehensible, offensive assault on the senses with a plot that makes no god-damned sense whatsoever. It's got great lines of dialog like "Target the alien scrotum!" and "[Incomprehensible yelling for 30 seconds]" Some of the jokes are a bit dated at this point but it's my favorite of the blockbuster riffs, I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 34 days!

nishi koichi posted:

yeah, i definitely prefer the cheesy, obscure stuff.

Same here, that's pretty much all I watch from Rifftrax these days. Cheesy low-budget and/or older movies, and the shorts. The blockbuster movie riffs are fine but I definitely don't find myself revisiting, say, a synced-up riff of The Phantom Menace as much as I would a riffed VOD like Superargo or Samurai Cop.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

I definitely prefer VODs over mp3s. I remember when MST3K did the blockbuster review episodes on the Syfy channel and made fun of Armageddon and Titanic and those weren't as fun. There's something about an earnestly done film project that's inherently funnier than a by-the-numbers box office flop.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Fungicide: The short goof reel over the ending credits is better than the movie preceding it by a lot, I can't recommend unless you're stoned out of your mind.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Some of my favorite stuff they've done are the mp3s. Road House (the three riffer version) and Karate Kid III come to mind. Titanic was really funny too but I've never been able to stay awake through that movie no matter what's going on.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Per Joel tomorrow they're going to launch another MST3K Kickstarter. No details yet.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

So the new riff sounds like a... delight.

https://twitter.com/clastowka/status/1380585793085976578

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Its a very bizarre movie, tonally. The comedy is very broad and kids movie-ish but there's a lot of violence and swearing. Also there's the whole thing about the three kids are all horribly murdered.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I like the riffs of both the schlocky movies and the major Hollywood films :ohdear:

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

muscles like this! posted:

The comedy is very broad and kids movie-ish but there's a lot of violence and swearing.

So, a Michael Bay movie?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/FrankConniff/status/1381380875166887937?s=20

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

https://twitter.com/kwmurphy/status/1381409785560526850

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Watching the Invaders from Mars riff and man, that's a dark movie. While it happens off screen the Martians totally murder a little girl. Then on camera they kill two more people who were taken over.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Just saw on the patreon that they'll be releasing an mp3 riff of Face/Off next month, so I guess they determined Just the Jokes riffs are worth the effort after all.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

If this means the guys get to complete the Swayze Trilogy with Next of Kin and a three-riffer Point Break I'm for it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

New riff, The Minion, a religious horror movie starring Dolph Lundgren as a priest who fights evil discovered by some MTA goons in a tunnel.

Also features the world's worst archeologist who discovers an ancient artifact has a hollow back so the first thing she does is pry it open with a knife.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Maybe its just me but it seems fairly offensive to include Native Americans in your explicitly Christian apocalypse movie.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Maybe its just me but it seems fairly offensive to include Native Americans in your explicitly Christian apocalypse movie.

Buddy, you might want to sit down while I explain the book of Mormon

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Welcome to the 80s and 90s baby

70s too almost forgot about Manitou

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I can't get too mad at Dolph earning a paycheck, but yeah, it's not a good movie.

Sudden new desire - they get to do a full riff of the Masters of the Universe film. I can't wait for them to have the word 'tone' lose all meaning.

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.
So I have been watching the Riftrax Twitch channel and caught two of the Man V. Monster episodes and both have been excellent. The show gives the guys a lot to work with and the riffs have an edge of mean spiritedness that is rare to hear from Rifftrax but Richard Terry's combination of charlatan, egomaniac and fool earns every bit of disgust thrown at him. Its very entertaining.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I'm honestly surprised NatGeo went ahead and aired them because it's basically pointing out how total loving bullshit the show is.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

side_burned posted:

So I have been watching the Riftrax Twitch channel and caught two of the Man V. Monster episodes and both have been excellent. The show gives the guys a lot to work with and the riffs have an edge of mean spiritedness that is rare to hear from Rifftrax but Richard Terry's combination of charlatan, egomaniac and fool earns every bit of disgust thrown at him. Its very entertaining.

The other NatGeo stuff they did is much more in line with their usual fair. Like even with the woman who is SUPER into mantis shrimps it's more of a benign, "Okay, calm down now." There's something about Terry's blundering around the wilderness trying to sell you on a giant demon bat that probably raises the hackles.

echopapa
Jun 2, 2005

El Presidente smiles upon this thread.
For what it’s worth, Richard Terry had a good sense of humor about it. He posted something along the lines of “Tune in tonight to watch me get publicly eviscerated” on Twitter.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
sitting in my bathtub in my indiana jones hat

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I don't really know much about Richard Terry, but I have to imagine any host of a show like that has to know that what they're doing is bullshit. It's not like an Ancient Aliens thing where at least some of the people involved really believe and take it super seriously.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This week's release is a little weird as it is long for a short but short for a movie.

Also one of the actors in it is Cal's wormy assistant from This Island Earth.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Mantis Shrimp Woman is a panel show regular on those kinds of programs, probably because she is so loving enthusiastic all the time forever.

Kenji Jenkins
Aug 25, 2006

nishi koichi posted:

sitting in my bathtub in my indiana jones hat

https://twitter.com/RichardITerry/status/551329110510026753
I think he took it well.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Aww now I like him

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

lol that rules

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

This morning on the Rifftrax Twitch channel they aired Star Games. Holy gently caress, this may be the most insane movie I have ever seen! The special effects are atrociously bad, the space prince's computer AI is a disembodied clown head and the whole movie has this bizarre outsider art feel to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYQpr7c00EE

E: lol the king is Tony Curtis. Well that explains why he sounded like a two-bit New Jersey gangster wannabe.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

This morning on the Rifftrax Twitch channel they aired Star Games. Holy gently caress, this may be the most insane movie I have ever seen! The special effects are atrociously bad, the space prince's computer AI is a disembodied clown head and the whole movie has this bizarre outsider art feel to it.
The ship AI doing a terrible impression of Robin Williams didn't just make me feel embarrassed for the actor, but for myself, for watching it.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

YAAAAAAAAAAAY

:stare:

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYQpr7c00EE

E: lol the king is Tony Curtis. Well that explains why he sounded like a two-bit New Jersey gangster wannabe.

I still want to know why/how Tony Curtis ended up in the movie.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Jose Oquendo posted:

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Jose Oquendo posted:

I have a theory that the movie was basically a mob money laundering operation.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Bill and Sean have started a Tolkien podcast because why not?

https://twitter.com/TheThomason/status/1389252097263095809

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Tubi just updated its Rifftrax selection and I have to say, Attack of the Super Monsters is a delight. I’ve felt like dogshit the whole day and seeing a bunch of puppet dinosaurs melodramatically flail around brought me a lot of much needed laughs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

tony curtis is awesome

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I have a theory that the movie was basically a mob money laundering operation.

money laundering/extended family therapy session we're all unfortunate enough to see