Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Tars Tarkas posted:

This is supposedly NOT the one from the Discovery writer but a secret JJ produced movie.

What in the world?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Tars Tarkas posted:

This is supposedly NOT the one from the Discovery writer but a secret JJ produced movie.

Star Trek vs. Cloverfield

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Detective No. 27 posted:

I just watched The Deer Hunter and boy do I want some Rolling Rock.

Edit: I meant to post this in GenChat.

I really just wanted to attend that wedding

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I really just wanted to attend that wedding

Me too. It felt so opulent, even watching it through a pre-covid lense.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I wanna play Russian roulette for money

But with like a nerf gun

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Alan Smithee posted:

But with like a nerf gun

I bet the cowboy guy from Money Plane whished he'd thought of that.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

I'm a little surprised it got bumped when Godzilla vs. Kong over-performed expectations with its opening last weekend and people are starting to go out more. By July you have Marvel releasing movies again.

It's not just about money; they're thinking about recruitment numbers as well.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I thought this movie was supposed to be bad?

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Vandar posted:

I thought this movie was supposed to be bad?

By all accounts the sheer incompetence on display at almost every level of the production is more interesting to pick apart than much of anything that actually happens in the movie. With that said, there are some pretty... memorable lines sprinkled here and there, mostly whenever Kelsey Grammer is on screen. You don't need to rent the film to see those scenes though, just look them up on YouTube or something.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Tossed salads and scrambled eggs...they’re loving again...

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Alan Smithee posted:

But with like a nerf gun

So the reason I wanted to watch the movie suddenly was because I was playing this game.

You use a Zapper. There's no need for a CRT either since you're just pointing it at your head.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

aware of dog posted:

Phoebe Waller-Bridge has been cast in Indy 5

*looks at camera* If you think I have a plan to deal with that rolling boulder... You'd be right. *smirk*

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rather Phoebe Bridgers.

*sings a sad song at the Nazis until they cry themselves to death*

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Smashing guitars over Nazis' heads like El Kabong.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Judakel posted:

*looks at camera* If you think I have a plan to deal with that rolling boulder... You'd be right. *smirk*

*Sits down for Indy's lecture*
*Unzips pants*

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Alan Smithee posted:

But with like a nerf gun

There's a bunch of different products out there already

There's also a company that makes Russian Roulette taser guns

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Detective No. 27 posted:

I just watched The Deer Hunter and boy do I want some Rolling Rock.

Edit: I meant to post this in GenChat.

Man, it's been so long. I haven't even seen it in a bar or store for years and I'm in PA. I think some bars just refuse to carry it after Busch moved the plant to Jersey.

Though I'd also love a Yuengling from before the fundamentalism took over and started buying all their ingredients from the lowest bidder.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Apr 11, 2021

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Rolling Rock is basically seltzer water

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Instead of a delay the Snake Eyes origin movie, creatively named "Snake Eyes: GI Joe Origins" has been moved up from October to July. Being as this movie stars handsome man Henry Golding I have a sneaking suspicion that Snake Eyes isn't getting his iconic costume until the very end.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

muscles like this! posted:

Instead of a delay the Snake Eyes origin movie, creatively named "Snake Eyes: GI Joe Origins" has been moved up from October to July. Being as this movie stars handsome man Henry Golding I have a sneaking suspicion that Snake Eyes isn't getting his iconic costume until the very end.

I bet he won't even be in Vietnam

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

muscles like this! posted:

It's so funny because in the GI Joe sequel I absolutely hated Snake Eyes and was very amused when the movie would clown on him.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Simone Magus posted:

I bet he won't even be in Vietnam

Well you can just watch this movie instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODMKYoOHwSU

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011
How exactly does one become a professional Russian roulette player anyways

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Aglet56 posted:

Luck, mostly

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Aglet56 posted:

Very, and I can't stress this enough, carefully

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Aglet56 posted:

If movies are to be believed, be autistic so that you are superhuman at maths.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Aglet56 posted:

Same as you become a good drinker or a good roofer, stop giving a gently caress

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Same as you become a good drinker or a good roofer, stop giving a gently caress

Yeah the guy doing our roof would walk along the edge like a cat while fielding phonecalls talking to people about how hungover he was. He did great work tho

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Alan Smithee posted:

But with like a nerf gun

The now discontinued Nerf Maverick was all the rage around this forum a good 15 or so years ago. Somewhere in the design process they added some tabs to limit how far the cylinder could open, so all you had to do was open it up and file them off. When the cylinder could open all the way you could give it a proper spin, then with a flick of the wrist lock it back into place, worked really well for Russian roulette.

EDIT:
Fixed the years, can't believe it's been that long :psyduck:

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

https://twitter.com/NXOnNetflix/status/1381653387444252673

Gundam live-action is now a Netflix movie directed by Jordan Vogt-Roberts

Keep in mind Jordan Vogt-Roberts is also attached to a Metal Gear movie I've not heard much more about lately

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Tars Tarkas posted:

Keep in mind Jordan Vogt-Roberts is also attached to a Metal Gear movie I've not heard much more about lately

Wow, cool robot

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I loved Skull Island as much as the next guy, probably more, but at this point Vogt-Roberts has been attached to fifty different projects that I suspect are never coming out. Does this mean Metal Gear is cancelled now too?

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Maxwell Lord posted:

Smashing guitars over Nazis' heads like El Kabong.

Wrong Phoebe.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Pirate Jet posted:

I loved Skull Island as much as the next guy, probably more, but at this point Vogt-Roberts has been attached to fifty different projects that I suspect are never coming out. Does this mean Metal Gear is cancelled now too?

Metal Gear seems to be his personal dream project at this rate and it's probably being kept alive by his strong personal desire to make it, he's been attached to it for like 7 years now. I'd be surprised if it winds up getting outright cancelled rather than just kept languishing in development limbo.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

There was some forward momentum on it. Not that long ago as they announced Oscar Isaac for Solid Snake, which is more than it has had in years. Also Jordan Vogt-Roberts is enough of a Kojima fan that he ended up in Death Stranding as one of the guys you make deliveries to.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Tars Tarkas posted:

That seems way too expensive for Netflix. Holy poo poo.

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.
https://deadline.com/2021/04/arclight-cinemas-and-pacific-theatres-wont-be-reopening-1234732936/

Never been to LA or an ArcLight, but I feel like someone threw a spear through my chest (always wanted to check out the Hollywood location).

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Nightmare Cinema posted:

https://deadline.com/2021/04/arclight-cinemas-and-pacific-theatres-wont-be-reopening-1234732936/

Never been to LA or an ArcLight, but I feel like someone threw a spear through my chest (always wanted to check out the Hollywood location).
wow...truly tragic...I remember just before gangnam style really hit I was at a showing of Looper at Arclight and I was pretty much drunk and wildly vocally hosed up the whole time (stupid movie, I declare that with complete certainty). once the movie ended I came up in front of the screen and led the audience in a spontaneous gangnam style dance

all those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I’m assuming that means the companies that run the theaters are going out of business, leaving the theaters themselves open for purchase by monopolistic studios, cementing their power even further.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

ruddiger posted:

I’m assuming that means the companies that run the theaters are going out of business, leaving the theaters themselves open for purchase by monopolistic studios, cementing their power even further.

You don't want to be able to see a Disney movie in theaters 365 days of the year?