Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
Congratulations to friend of the show Dasha Nekrasova who really seems to be breaking out with her directorial debut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
:lol: the movie is about moving into an apartment that was owned by Epstein.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Me, fighting a Rajang: man this game sure is slow

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Saagonsa posted:

Me, fighting a Rajang: man this game sure is slow

I think that was the last thing I managed to kill in Iceborne and it was like trying to fight a cannonball. Furious Rajang and Enraged Brachydios came right after that and the difficulty became more than I could deal with. I've beat Sekiro and most of the other Souls games, late game Monster Hunter is like a different league of difficulty where you're just constantly getting the poo poo beaten out of you.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
If I was having trouble beating Monster Hunter I would simply play something good instead

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
At least he knows the proper weapon to use for this. :colbert:

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

Bust Rodd posted:

It’s like “what if fighting dinosaurs with giant anime weapons was actually really boring, slow, and required tons of mindless busy work first!”

Yeah that’s definitely what hunting dinosaurs needed to be fun.

Gotta collect the eggs spread out through the entire continent and deliver them, or else you wont get the good ending!

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/1379918713487523842

MF hasn't even played it! Chapo has gone fully mask off to me, and the cruelty is the point, as well.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Chexoid posted:

https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/1379918713487523842

MF hasn't even played it! Chapo has gone fully mask off to me, and the cruelty is the point, as well.

Going to email virgil about this

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Monster Hunter is a dudes rock game

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Monster Hunter is the heir to the PSO throne.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

some plague rats posted:

If I was having trouble beating Monster Hunter I would simply play something good instead

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

I think that was the last thing I managed to kill in Iceborne and it was like trying to fight a cannonball. Furious Rajang and Enraged Brachydios came right after that and the difficulty became more than I could deal with. I've beat Sekiro and most of the other Souls games, late game Monster Hunter is like a different league of difficulty where you're just constantly getting the poo poo beaten out of you.

Just play SnS and dodge into the monster or be boring and Be a lance lord and just hold your shield up the whole time.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
new inebriated past about the pimp benjamin butler

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Monster Hunter is alright. The game-play loop is satisfying, it's only a bit repetitive. I sink a good 45 hours into each game but never finish them.

thotsky fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Apr 9, 2021

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
I have never been a Civil War buff, but Matt tells a good enough story that I can see how you'd get into that kind of thing.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

prefect posted:

I have never been a Civil War buff, but Matt tells a good enough story that I can see how you'd get into that kind of thing.

The Civil War has appeal to history dudes because it was the last old-fashioned war. After that you get one-sided Imperial slaughters up until WW1. Civil War was the last time you got blocks of people maneuvering in fields and cavalry charges and all that poo poo. And there were photographs and lots of letters and people talking almost normally. So it doesn't feel as ancient as the British Civil War or whatver.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

prefect posted:

I am mostly thanks to my dad being an enormous one but I didn't realize until I got older it's because it's the most moral war (maybe the only truly moral one) this country ever fought.

Matt's harsh on the Good Lord Bird but I did find it disappointing. Hawke was great though as he usually is.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
The Bonus is really good and gives a glimmer of hope. It also helps poo poo on that glimmer at the end but still...!

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
The least interesting thing about the Civil War is the battles.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Seams posted:

The least interesting thing about the Civil War is the battles.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Found out about a new person who obsessively posts about Chapo all day every day @mrsmcgee16 and get this: I don't think they have a Patreon

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I think that’s Aimee Terese a known internet weirdo

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Seams posted:

I think that’s Aimee Terese a known internet weirdo

It is.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Oh I didn't know that was her lol

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

So what you're telling me is, she has a patreon

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Aimee keeps getting banned and i have to rely on my follows to tell me who she is the next time. i don't know how they keep track.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

Gripweed posted:

The Civil War has appeal to history dudes because it was the last old-fashioned war. After that you get one-sided Imperial slaughters up until WW1. Civil War was the last time you got blocks of people maneuvering in fields and cavalry charges and all that poo poo. And there were photographs and lots of letters and people talking almost normally. So it doesn't feel as ancient as the British Civil War or whatver.
I find the 19th century battles boring for the same reason. All the cool armor and halberds and stuff are gone, but nobody is fielding bolt action rifles yet, let alone machineguns.

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Apr 9, 2021

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
the civil war was one of the first wars with machine guns. the Euros sent observers but i guess they didn't get the message. :lmao:

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

uber_stoat posted:

the civil war was one of the first wars with machine guns. the Euros sent observers but i guess they didn't get the message. :lmao:

Prussia used a lot of Civil War-inspired tactics in the Franco-Prussian war IIRC (I am not a military historian please do not debate me)

It's just that France was beat so badly the entire thing was done in about 6 weeks.

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

uber_stoat posted:

It's also one of the first examples of rapid-deployment of troops via rail

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
John Dolan did remark once that the Union or Confederate armies would have made an embarrassment of both the French and Prussians in the Franco-Prussian war which is both funny and probably true.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
When thinking about the Civil War, I always remember this:

quote:

In 1863, Sgt. Cyrus Boyd of Iowa encountered a black child, put on the auction block by her master, who was also her father. "By G-d," Boyd exclaimed, "I'll fight till hell freezes over and then I'll cut the ice and fight on."

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
aimee is legit mentally ill, absolutely unhinged in a way i haven't seen terribly many other people online become

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

MonsieurChoc posted:

When thinking about the Civil War, I always remember this:

My favorite quote of the war - always gets me verklempt. Talk of John Brown always brings to mind Victory Hugo's quote about his execution:

quote:

For - yes, let America know it, and ponder on it well - there is something more terrible than Cain killing Abel: it is Washington killing Spartacus!

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
For anyone interested, there are two podcast feeds with the audio from Matt's youtube show. Just search cushvlog

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Analytic Engine posted:

For anyone interested, there are two podcast feeds with the audio from Matt's youtube show. Just search cushvlog

This is the official one that Chris manages: https://soundcloud.com/grill-stream

rss: https://feeds.soundcloud.com/users/soundcloud:users:876912481/sounds.rss

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I had no idea, thank you

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
Felix's obsession of the week supports Chapo fans. It was by our side, all along

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

I'm pretty sure the American army was still a joke using outdated tactics compared to European armies at the time of the civil war. They were still trying to use Napoleonic block firing and light cavalry when the war started and just absolutely mauled each other because those didn't work anymore with more modern guns, while the European armies had already switched to loose skirmish lines and entrenchments.

a_gelatinous_cube fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Apr 10, 2021